View Full Version : Dolores Hart

01-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Back in 1998 an Elvis fan in Michigan sent me a "People" magazine article about Dolores Hart and Elvis, her later career, and how she entered the Abbey and became a Nun. The address of the Abbey was included so I wrote to Dolores Hart hoping she wouls reply as she was one of my favourite Elvis co-stars.

Sister Dolores did reply! We have been exchanging little messages ever since. Her latest message arrived just before Christmas 2008.

This card is in response to an article that was printed in the Hong Kong China "Elvisland" quarterly about her link with Elvis, and other Hollywood movies.
I did send her another copy.

A CD of Gregorian chants featuring the Nuns of the Abbey, including Dolores, "Women in Chant", can be ordered from www.abbeyofreginalaudis.com

An ABC TV 20/20 Documentary on Dolores's life was broadcast some years ago. I have it on VHS.
Has anyone got it on DVD?

01-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks a lot :notworthy

It's really interesting (y)

I'm glad she's fine :clap:

01-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks a lot :notworthy

It's really interesting (y)

I'm glad she's fine :clap:

Yes Dolores keeps busy, with her photography,charity and theatre work , as well as her duties in the Abbey.

01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Its amazing-she must truely feel called to serve in the church-to give up the life she had in Hollywood. Power of convictions is a powerful thing.

01-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Thank you for posting this information about Delores Maurice. It's good to know she's well and happy....she was the ulitimate sweetheart.

01-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Thanks for posting....very interesting!!! (y)

01-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Great to see that she is doing well.................I wonder how hard it was to turn from Hollywood and become a nun?She has a great heart and spirit.She was the beautiful girl next door to me.