PDA

View Full Version : World tour thread again

Brian
12-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi everyone

It's been September since we had a world tour thread so here goes.
(We've had all these Priscilla threads so it's time for a World tour thread)

When discussing the non Elvis World tour fans automatically begin blaming Colonel Tom Parker and his illegal alien status for no world tour and they say it's the only reason but that's just isn't true.

1.Colonel Parker was a celebrity and the U.S. government would never deport a celebrity under no circumstances

2. Colonel was friends with many politicians including President Lyndon Johnson, members of Johnsons administration and Ambassador Walter Annenberg among others.

3.Colonel Parker was also a tax payer and the U.S. would lose that tax money

Sonny West says that simply the Colonel would've asked his buddy LBJ to fix his problem and poof it would be all go but Elvis drugs and personal problems prevented a world tour from happening

Sonny goes on to explain that the Colonel's illegal alien status has been blown out of proportion by other members of the memphis mafia who have an axe to grind with Parker, by fans who don't know the truth of the matter and by incompotent journalists.

I believe that Elvis wanted to go on a world tour but not really bad enough to actually go.

I think in the 70's the perfect time for a world tour would've been after Aloha but if Elvis is going to get stoned immediately after the show what are you goona do. I'ts also been said that Elvis bought the Lisa Marie in 75 to specifically go to Europe but he never went.

When you think about it if this was any other singer the fans would blame him for not going and not his manager.

Let the discussion and the blaming of Colonel Parker begin

epmoodyblue
12-08-2008, 07:29 PM
who said elvis would get stoned after every concerthttp://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/bellaselena/icon_sad.gifu?.....nonesence elvis could of done a world tour...despite what some think that he couldint handle one in lets say 75.sure he could of....prob elvis didint want to get caught with stuff in europe.....so the option of a world tour went out the window..thats why he only toured in the USA.i..at home in the usa... he had no probs getting away with it .....thats my opinion:king::king:

Jumpsuit Junkie
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
This thread is blatantly looking to be controversial and considering that the last thread was closed the moderating team are not going to stand by and wait for that to happen!