PDA

View Full Version : I'll Remember You & In Person FTD's

Unchained Melody
12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
According to elvisnews.com these are out now.

Anyone get their copies please feel free to post a review here so i can see what they are like. Really want to know if the I'll remember You is the Dinner Show that we already have as Vegas Rythm or if its the Midnight Show.

(y)

moody-blues67
12-05-2008, 06:13 PM
I also want to know !!!!!!!!!!!!!1:)

Glenn.

Sonny
12-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Going by tracklisting I would think it's the Vegas Rhythm show...

Unchained Melody
12-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Going by tracklisting I would think it's the Vegas Rhythm show...

But I thought the new FTD had the song I'll Remember You performed at it but the vegas rythm (ds) it wasnt performed.

Sonny
12-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Then the tracklisting available is not correct, or they just made up the title.

Let's hope it's not the Vegas Rhythm show.

Unchained Melody
12-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't see what sense it would make for Follow That Dream to release a rather "new" bootleg CD that was already released, with excellent covers and the sound was very impressive to say the least.

Like you Rene, I hope its not the same, that would be rather disapointing to me atleast.

elvispresleytheking
12-06-2008, 12:27 AM
I wish FTD would do something from 11/71 and 4/72 (preferrably Boston and Hampton Roads.)

my boy
12-06-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm dying to know what I'll Remember You is like. According to Ernst it's the midnight show–as soon as someone receives it can they give a quick review.
Plus a few comments on IN PERSON which is sure to be a cracker!

Thanks guys(y)

molokai123
12-11-2008, 12:07 AM
so has anybody got the New FTD's yet? hows the sound on both of them?:huh::king::hmm:

my boy
12-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Any reviews anyone?(y)

elvisville
12-11-2008, 05:54 PM
haven't had a chance to listen yet , but it says on the cover, tracks 1-18 are from midnight show Feb 3rd 1973, track 19 is a bonus track Sweet Caroline midnight show Feb 2nd, track 20 I'll Remember You dinner show Feb 3rd.

my boy
12-11-2008, 07:34 PM
looking forward to your comments

Thanks,(y)

desertstorm77
12-11-2008, 07:45 PM
i got mine yesterday .....awesome sound quality

my boy
12-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Glad the sound is good,can you comment on "Steamroller Blues" 'What Now My Love" and 'Johnny B,Goode"for starters.(y)

elvisville
12-11-2008, 09:32 PM
sound quality is above average for a soundboard, Steamroller and Johnny Be are good, pretty much like Aloha vesrions, I Got A Woman starts of pretty laid back, a good version tho a pity he fluffs the lines.
He sounds in a good enough mood, not much chat or messing around , a good proffesional performance without being a mind blower.

my boy
12-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the info,it's on my to get list.(y)

Sonny
12-12-2008, 04:45 PM
It indeed is the midnight show!

The sound is very nice as well (still kinda flat, like most soundboards from that period) but it has James' guitar upfront sometimes, which is not disturbing but nice in fact.
His licks on Johnny B sound very cool.

A fast paced concert, hardly any dialogues. Of course the material is almost like the Aloha Show a month earlier.
Still a very nice cd to have in your collection.

In Person of course has awesome material in great sound. To me however it sounded like the added bonus "rare" songs on cd 1, sound somewhat less in quality, in comparison to the cd's they were released on before.
Probably just me...

The unreleased Vegas show on cd 2, well, it sounds wonderful, but (I can not check right now) to my ears I think we have this one already on an import cd I guess.

When I find time I will check, in the meantime any thoughts are welcome.

Sonny

my boy
12-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Sounds great– what's James Burton's guitar like on "Hound Dog," plenty of wah,wah pedal I hope. Also what's, "See See Rider" like,is it better than the ALOHA version?

Thanks,(y)

Sonny
12-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Hound Dog certainly sounds cool, of course the "wah, wah". It can be compared to the versions from 72.

The Aloha See See Rider somehow has some more spunk to it I think, but that also has a lot to do with the sound quality.
Let's be honest, the Aloha shows have great sound, and this is a soundboard.

dj_ethan
12-12-2008, 06:27 PM
"In Person" has awesome great sound !!! A Great FTD

MEMPHISKING77
12-12-2008, 09:52 PM
just recived my in the post this morning the sound is excellent on cd1 in person not had time to listen to the rest yet(y):king::newyear:

my boy
12-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I agree, great sound on IN PERSON–Elvis is in top gear for most of the songs and it's great to have "My Babe"in the set list and sounding awesome!
Also the booklet is top-notch.

Any thoughts on I REMEMBER YOU FTD –initial comments say the sound is superb but what's Elvis voice like,is he on top form vocally? Plus any comments on "Steamroller Blues"–what's it like compared to the ALOHA version.

Cheers,(y)

MEMPHISKING77
12-13-2008, 10:43 AM
i give i remember you a spin this morning also excellent sound for a soundboard stemroller blues sounds like aloha version only problem is the running time is to short only 50 mins with the bonus songs(y):newyear:

Sonny
12-13-2008, 02:49 PM
The booklet with In Person has some interesting stuff in it, about the 1969 rehearsals, of which the tapes are obviously lost or did not surface.

The songs he supposedly rehearsed are very cool!

For example:

Such A Night
I'm Movin' On
Any Day Now
Rip It Up
Reconsider Baby
Return To Sender
Matchbox
Yellow Roses

and lots more...

U.S. Male
12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
the 1969 rehearsals, of which the tapes are obviously lost or did not surface.

The songs he supposedly rehearsed are very cool!

For example:

Such A Night
I'm Movin' On
Any Day Now
Rip It Up
Reconsider Baby
Return To Sender
Matchbox
Yellow Roses

and lots more...

This leads me to wonder if any of these gems actually made in to at least one performace on stage? There are still a good many shows from the early part of this engagement that have yet to be heard.

We can only hope that they'll eventually be heard.

my boy
12-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Maybe FTD will get their hands on some of those songs–would be great to hear "Matchbox"and the others.

Is the new FTD I'LL REMEMBER YOU worth getting hold of–the clincher for me is the sound quality and great versions of "Steamroller Blues" "See See Rider"and "What Now My Love"–please can someone give me a bit more info about the release as mine is delayed in the post.

Cheers:newyear: