PDA

View Full Version : "A Profile, The King On Stage 2" boxset on Ebay

Albert
01-29-2004, 10:48 AM
http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/3d/b0/e0_1.JPG

While searching on Ebay, I noticed someone selling the "a Profile, The King On Stage - volume 2" 4CD boxset in mint condition. I already have it myself (bought it for $250), but can recommend it to everyone.

Here's the link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...egory=2012&rd=1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3382008011&category=2012&rd=1)

It ends February 4th. The seller will ship worldwide.

Lonniebealestreet
01-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Nice set. I only have it on CD-R and would love to see the long box and the booklet inside, but I personally wouldn't be up for spending serious money on it...especially with College Park on there! But Disc 4 is fantastic--one of my favorite shows (including a few songs from another, so I hear) ever. :D

Albert
01-30-2004, 10:00 AM
volume 1 has a fantastic book inside the box, while volume 2 has a nice foldout poster. When I bought volume 1 and 2, I had thought about it quite some time because it was so expensive. But then again I thought "hell, it's only money. After a year I've forgotten about the money, but still have the two boxes" :D

The most money I've paid for a CD is almost $90 for Dessert Storm (2CD) and again the same amount for "Goodbye Memphis" (2CD). Very foolish: a few months later I could have bought them on Ebay for way less :mrgreen:

Albert
02-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Winning bid was $175.00 :shock:

Really good price if you'd ask me

sam
02-24-2004, 07:18 AM
Lucky I bought this when they first came out. I wonder what is thought to be the most expensive CD to chase. Boot and official. Any ideas?

8)

Albert
02-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Lucky I bought this when they first came out. I wonder what is thought to be the most expensive CD to chase. Boot and official. Any ideas?

8)

A few days back the fanclub CD "Our Memories Of Elvis" (BMG) was sold for $175. I can't think of any other CD that was sold for a higher price. But there are some boots out there that are always sold for high prices (over $60-$70)...

Last year, I've bought all soundboards that exist and never paid more than $35-$40. Sometimes while bidding on Ebay you get carried away a bit too much. A few weeks later you see that same CD offered again on Ebay, and being sold for a much lower price :cry:

Albert
02-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Last year, I've bought all soundboards that exist :

You lucky sun of a gunn :o

O well..... I decided not to go on vacation that year and saved money on things like renting movies :D

I'll skip vacation this year also and save for a trip to the USA in 2005 (I hope)

Captain Elwood David
02-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Baxter's PROFILE Sets are "ESSENTIAL" for hardcore 70's fanatics.

I also picked them up when they first came out (much more affordable, then); blew me away ... both sets.

Already "Classics." Demand for them will also continue to rise with time.

For anybody that doesn't have them, ......... you're definitely missing out.

------------------------------------------

I can relate to spending too much dough on a badly wanted "Import." I missed out on "Desert Storm" and was itching for an original of this classic / historical release. Also wound up paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 USD for one.

This was several years ago. Looking back, I do think I was out of my mind at the time. I wouldn't and have not repeated it since. (Easy to say, though, ....... seeing as how I already have many things. I suppose if I were a "new" fan, ........ who knows!).

- Capt. "EL."

jbgude
02-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Hello Everybody!

This is the first time I have posted in this place ...thank you for the invite and I hope we can keep this place a friendly, sensible meeting ground.

While I did manage to get quite a few of the imports when they were being sold through the FCs I missed out on many like the "Profile" :( for no fault of mine.....though I confess I have had just about enough of the Concerts.

I sure would like to get my hand on a copy of this or a copy of a copy if you know what I mean :)

Nice to be here,

Jb

P.S. Annie
02-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Last year, I've bought all soundboards that exist :

You lucky sun of a gunn :o

O well..... I decided not to go on vacation that year and saved money on things like renting movies :D

I'll skip vacation this year also and save for a trip to the USA in 2005 (I hope)

sounds like a true fan to me!

02-26-2004, 06:36 PM
http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/3d/b0/e0_1.JPG

While searching on Ebay, I noticed someone selling the "a Profile, The King On Stage - volume 2" 4CD boxset in mint condition. I already have it myself (bought it for $250), but can recommend it to everyone.

Here's the link to the auction:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...egory=2012&rd=1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3382008011&category=2012&rd=1)  

It ends February 4th. The seller will ship worldwide.

Really, $250 ?? When the box came out i payed $50.(for each)

Albert
02-26-2004, 06:41 PM

Please.... will you never EVER say that again?!?! :P

02-26-2004, 07:41 PM

Please.... will you never EVER say that again?!?! :P

Sorry! :wink:

Albert
02-26-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm always having that trouble....

A few months back, I bought those Fort Baxter CD's that are stored in a paper sleeve (like Spanish Eyes) for 30 euro per title. I hadn't seen them for ages on Ebay, so I bought them. Only problem was that the sleeves were cut in two, so that they could fit into a jewelcase (what insane person would cut those covers in two??? :shock:). But since they were so rare, I still wanted to buy them.

A few weeks back I saw the same CD's, in mint condition, on Ebay for about 25 euro! It's like I always make the wrong decision to buy a CD, at the wrong time :P

Captain Elwood David
02-27-2004, 01:19 AM

For each entire box-set?

Lucky dog!

I also got mine when they first came out. Even so, looks like I still paid a hefty mark-up.

Oh well, still much better than today's prices ..... and certainly worth it.

A few months back, I bought those Fort Baxter CD's that are stored in a paper sleeve (like Spanish Eyes) for 30 euro per title. I hadn't seen them for ages on Ebay, so I bought them. Only problem was that the sleeves were cut in two, so that they could fit into a jewelcase (what insane person would cut those covers in two???)

I had the same thing happen to me with a Baxter title.

Must agree, .......... a crazy thing to do.

- Capt. "EL."

jbgude
03-10-2004, 06:28 PM
(what insane person would cut those covers in two???)  

Me ? :oops: ....when I got some of those boots in the middle 90's I never thought I would ever want or be able to re-sell them . Plus I wanted to keep them safe and "matching" my then fast growing collection of Jewel cases.....pretty things all in a row.

jb

PS : I still have them !