PDA

View Full Version : Robert Plant Refers To Elvis As A Transformer

presley31
11-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Nov. 25, 2008 - Elvis Presley is a member of both the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Country Music Hall of Fame, and he's ranked at No. 3 on the Rolling Stone list of the 100 Greatest Singers of All-Time.

He's referred to as a "transformer" in the magazine by fellow Rock Hall member Robert Plant, the Led Zeppelin singer who just won his first Country Music Association award two weeks ago. Growing up in England, Robert's first exposure to the King came with the 1957 hit "Hound Dog," which made a huge impression.

"I wasn't equipped with any of the knowledge I have now, about the Big Mama Thornton version or where all that swing was coming from," Robert writes. "I just heard this voice, and it was absolutely, totally in its own place. The voice was confident, insinuating and taking no prisoners. He had those great whoops and diving moments, those sustains that swoop down to the note like a bird of prey. I took all that in."

Robert's CMA award came for his collaboration with Alison Krauss on "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)." The latest Elvis album is likewise a collaborative effort, thanks to studio overdub technology. Elvis Presley Christmas Duets pairs him with the likes of Sara Evans, Martina McBride, LeAnn Rimes and Gretchen Wilson.

source:http://www.elvisunlimited.com/news.asp?page_id=79&news_id=632&cmd=