PDA

View Full Version : Elvis discussed on Bill O'Reilly

ehollier
11-18-2008, 01:56 AM
I do not know if this has been posted but I thought I'd put it on the board...........

_iZfqy_C7gI

JDD
11-18-2008, 02:33 AM
Poor research by the "Doctor".

"I don't think he's ever been accused of being a heavy reader or a really really heavy thinker"

Every book I've ever read, even the ones by people that hate him stress that he read endlessly and wanted to discuss ad nausum with anyone that would listen about what he read.

I dunno , What part of that suggests he wasn't a "heavy reader" ?

JD

Elvislives72
11-18-2008, 03:39 AM
I can't stand O Reily. But there was sadly some truth to what they discussed. Although I don't consider most of his movies bad as they did. In fact I think only a hand full were badly written. True that some of Elvis' movies were corny at times but most of the movies of the 60's hippie and drug era was like that as everyone was stoned out of their minds. Elvis actually was sober during that period of his life and in great physical health.

But when you break down his movies you get a little bit of everything. Power movies like Jailhouse Rock, King Creole, Blue Hawaii, and Viva Las Vegas are all classics hands down. Others like Kid Galahad, Girls Girls Girls, Follow That Dream, Roustabout, and Wild In The Country were good solid roles with a nice supporting cast as well.

But movies like Frankie And Johnnie, Stay Away Joe, Kissin' Cousins, and Double Trouble are the worst movies he ever made imo.

Then you got the romantic comedies for family entertainment fun like Girl Happy, Tickle Me, and Live A Little, Love A Little that weren't meant to be serious acting and those were the ones he seemed to enjoy at the end of the movie contract.

Then you got the more serious action dramatic westerns like Flaming Star and Charro where he meant business as an actor and didn't get casted as a singing cowboy.

His last movie Change Of Habit was a good acting job by Elvis and not a bad storyline either. It had a nice supporting cast and seems to get overlooked the most. IMO it's the most underrated movie ever made by Elvis because it touches on many social issues of importance at the time and Elvis' movies weren't meant to touch on stuff like that.

Although it's true that Elvis wans't the greatest actor, he wasn't bad either, and his movies didn't top the box office, they still made more than most films that were released during that time and have made even more since being released on video and now dvd. So if you think about it, Elvis had a very successful movie career.(y)

Brian
11-18-2008, 04:07 AM
I saw this when it originally aired and the professor is a supposed expert on Elvis but he's a *****. Saying Elvis made so many bad films because of drugs was stupid because it's well known that Elvis didn't start getting really addicted to drugs until the late 60's/early 70's.

Elvis didn't have script approval as was the normal thing back then and also the hollywood big wigs just wanted to capitalize on his popularity as a singer with little regard to developing his acting potential.

Being a student of Norman Taurog and studying film he should've know this and he also should've known the fact that Elvis was a fairly intelligent man and an avid reader but didn't.

some expert he is.

Elvislives72
11-18-2008, 04:49 AM
I saw this when it originally aired and the professor is a supposed expert on Elvis but he's a *****. Saying Elvis made so many bad films because of drugs was stupid because it's well known that Elvis didn't start getting really addicted to drugs until the late 60's/early 70's.

Elvis didn't have script approval as was the normal thing back then and also the hollywood big wigs just wanted to capitalize on his popularity as a singer with little regard to developing his acting potential.

Being a student of Norman Taurog and studying film he should've know this and he also should've known the fact that Elvis was a fairly intelligent man and an avid reader but didn't.

some expert he is.

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy :notworthy

Awickedreigndrop
11-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Is it me or is this the year the year that everyone has been really down on Elvis? Knocking him down on the Billboards and what not, this, and yesterday I came home and my mom was watching this one show and she told me that they said on there that though Elvis respected black music, he was in fact racist... Idk about what you guys think about that but thats seems to contradict one another. How could he respect the music but not the people who makes the music? It doesn't make any sense. It's like the anti-Elvis age :'(

Elvos77
11-18-2008, 01:17 PM
I think, Elvis was the first non racist in the open,in a time where racism was common.

MojoElvis
11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
NOT A HEAVY READER???? I think not. Elvis constantly read books. He also didn't mention that, Elvis has lost the love of his life while in the ARMY, his mother. This man he had on the show seems to have forgotten that, Elvis was the first ROCK STAR. They didn't know what to do with his stardom. Elvis was the first, RCA & the movie industry didn't have respect for him. They thought he was just a passing faze. and there's something else the man didn't mention.
After Elvis got out of the ARMY, Rock & Roll was all played out. It became more of toned down commercial version of what used to be rebellious in the 50s. Also when Elvis got out of the ARMY, after G.I. BLUES, they attempted two serious roles for him, Flaming Star & Wild In The Country. They didn't do as well as G.I. BLUES so they filmed, Blue Hawaii to test what the public wanted and sure enough, it was his highest grossing movie.
That was the reason they kept making these types of movies. Some are enjoyable there are not all bad but I guess I'm bias since I'm a big Elvis fan. Like I said before, there wasn't a, "what not to do when you're a rockstar", book out yet, Elvis was the first and not only did the fans still love him during his movie career but non fans loved him too.
He represented something to everyone. People related to him and that's what they saw on the movie screen.

MojoElvis
11-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I think, Elvis was the first non racist in the open,in a time where racism was common.

He wasn't racist for that time but some might think now he was racist. He didn't believe in mixed marriages, but I know some black people who don't believe that for their kids as well. His bodyguards said, He was a big flirt till the day he died but not towards black women. he would sometimes say racist stuff to the Sweet Inspiration when introducing them but at the same time, Elvis respected black singers the most out of all others. He would go to Fats Domino's shows & Jackie Wilson in the 60s.

Elvislives72
11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Is it me or is this the year the year that everyone has been really down on Elvis? Knocking him down on the Billboards and what not, this, and yesterday I came home and my mom was watching this one show and she told me that they said on there that though Elvis respected black music, he was in fact racist... Idk about what you guys think about that but thats seems to contradict one another. How could he respect the music but not the people who makes the music? It doesn't make any sense. It's like the anti-Elvis age :'( I've noticed this too. But unfortunately it comes with the territory of being the gresatest to ever live.

Elvislives72
11-18-2008, 07:46 PM
He wasn't racist for that time but some might think now he was racist. He didn't believe in mixed marriages, but I know some black people who don't believe that for their kids as well. His bodyguards said, He was a big flirt till the day he died but not towards black women. he would sometimes say racist stuff to the Sweet Inspiration when introducing them but at the same time, Elvis respected black singers the most out of all others. He would go to Fats Domino's shows & Jackie Wilson in the 60s.

Elvis didn't believe in interracial marriages? then what do you call his support for Myrna Smith and Jerry Schilling? And what racists stuff did he ever say and especially towards the girls he referred to as 'his sisters"?:hmm:

Even the MM has publicly said that he was the least racist man they ever knew to exist. I think you got your facts mixed up because they're definitely not correct.(n)

MojoElvis
11-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Elvis didn't believe in interracial marriages? then what do you call his support for Myrna Smith and Jerry Schilling? And what racists stuff did he ever say and especially towards the girls he referred to as 'his sisters"?:hmm:

Even the MM has publicly said that he was the least racist man they ever knew to exist. I think you got your facts mixed up because they're definitely not correct.(n)

let me ask you this, have you ever read a complete book on Elvis? It was common knowledge how Elvis felt about mixed marriages. He's not going to tell someone he doesn't like it. He was mature enough to know that it was for some but not for himself and I even think for his kids. You forgot to mention, Sammy Davis. Jr, I could find the exact quotes and put them on here for you but I really don't think you're worth it. They are reputable sources, one being Billy Smith. It doesn't mean he's racist, it just means it wasn't for him and he really didn't agree with it.

You have created an image of Elvis and I'll leave you alone in that. I never heard of him calling the Sweet Inspirations His sisters, if he did, it didn't mean he wanted to sleep with them or marry them as matter of fact he slept with the only white female back up singer that was up there, Kathy Westmorland.

Its Common Knowledge for a die hard Elvis fan, Elvis on more than one occasion made racist statements about The Sweet Inspirations. One stating, "and we have the Sweet Inspirations singing back up, I thought I smelled catfish"...I didn't get it but I guess it's reference to a 70s racist joke, one of them walked off the stage. He was probably high and was only joking but to do it in front all them people was a public insult.

BTW did you get this group mixed up with an Obama message group?

Elvis_Lady_1984
11-18-2008, 08:55 PM
I dont think this dude knows what he's talking about. I think it was hard for Elvis to be Elvis Presley. All that fame upon him all at once and the loss of his mom. He is/was such a great entertainer...the best of all time.. Elvis loved reading and would often go threw and write notes into the books he was reading. Some are on display at Graceland. Who is this guy...and what is he on?

MojoElvis
11-18-2008, 09:02 PM
I dont think this dude knows what he's talking about. I think it was hard for Elvis to be Elvis Presley. All that fame upon him all at once and the loss of his mom. He is/was such a great entertainer...the best of all time.. Elvis loved reading and would often go threw and write notes into the books he was reading. Some are on display at Graceland. Who is this guy...and what is he on?

I agree, in the 50s Elvis studied the complete LOVE ME TENDER script. He had everyone's part memorized. He would also quote word for word speeches he was impressed with and bible verses among other books he studied.

Elvislives72
11-18-2008, 09:37 PM
let me ask you this, have you ever read a complete book on Elvis? It was common knowledge how Elvis felt about mixed marriages. He's not going to tell someone he doesn't like it. He was mature enough to know that it was for some but not for himself and I even think for his kids. You forgot to mention, Sammy Davis. Jr, I could find the exact quotes and put them on here for you but I really don't think you're worth it. They are reputable sources, one being Billy Smith. It doesn't mean he's racist, it just means it wasn't for him and he really didn't agree with it.

You have created an image of Elvis and I'll leave you alone in that. I never heard of him calling the Sweet Inspirations His sisters, if he did, it didn't mean he wanted to sleep with them or marry them as matter of fact he slept with the only white female back up singer that was up there, Kathy Westmorland.

Its Common Knowledge for a die hard Elvis fan, Elvis on more than one occasion made racist statements about The Sweet Inspirations. One stating, "and we have the Sweet Inspirations singing back up, I thought I smelled catfish"...I didn't get it but I guess it's reference to a 70s racist joke, one of them walked off the stage. He was probably high and was only joking but to do it in front all them people was a public insult.

It's crap like this that makes him look racist.:angry::mad:(n)

You need to stick to embarrassing Elvis' legacy then worry about his racial beliefs which you have no clue about.(n) Elvis wasn't a racist simple as that. Just because he, like me, is from the deep south doesn't make us bigots.:mad: You also need to stop reading so many fabricated books written without knowing the facts. Myrna Smith herself has said he never had a racist bone in his body and that the catfish comment was in tongue and cheek humor. Apparently you didn't know that he stood up for Myrna and her relationship with Jerry who is white. Elvis was even attracted to Myrna according to Jerry.

Your comment about the Obama group shows your true colors without saying anything racist. Good job on your part and way to represent the Elvis community with dignity and open mind. You might not wanna know that Elvis did treat black women with respect and did flurt with The Sweets, Darlene Love, Barbara McNair etc just as he did white women.

Get rid of the ignorance and get eudcated.

Elvislives72
11-18-2008, 09:42 PM

True, Elvis did a lot of reading through the years. Mainly spiritually. One of his favorite books was The Prophet according to Larry Geller.

utmom2008
11-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Myrna Smith herself has said he never had a racist bone in his body and that the catfish comment was in tongue and cheek humor.

Then please tell us why they left the stage in anger? That story has been told in numerous books. And BTW....just because someone doesn't believe in mixed marriages doesn't automatically make them a racist.:blink::blink::blink:

utmom2008
11-18-2008, 11:31 PM

You have to admit....that's funny!:lol::lol:

KPM
11-19-2008, 12:01 AM
You have to admit....that's funny!:lol::lol:
I think you are correct.:):)

Diane
11-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Lol......spell check might help.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Lol......spell check might help.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane

An incorrect spelling could not have happened at a funnier time!:lol::lmfao:

ehollier
11-19-2008, 12:23 AM
......Get eudcated.

Couldn't agree more.....get eudcated......:blink:

MojoElvis
11-19-2008, 01:18 AM
It's crap like this that makes him look racist.:angry::mad:(n)

You need to stick to embarrassing Elvis' legacy then worry about his racial beliefs which you have no clue about.(n) Elvis wasn't a racist simple as that. Just because he, like me, is from the deep south doesn't make us bigots.:mad: You also need to stop reading so many fabricated books written without knowing the facts. Myrna Smith herself has said he never had a racist bone in his body and that the catfish comment was in tongue and cheek humor. Apparently you didn't know that he stood up for Myrna and her relationship with Jerry who is white. Elvis was even attracted to Myrna according to Jerry.

Your comment about the Obama group shows your true colors without saying anything racist. Good job on your part and way to represent the Elvis community with dignity and open mind. You might not wanna know that Elvis did treat black women with respect and did flurt with The Sweets, Darlene Love, Barbara McNair etc just as he did white women.

I see, I need to get rid of my ignorance and get "eudcated", I have to look that word up cause either you have an incredible vocabulary or you were trying to say, educated.

First off, I'm not racist. My best friend and business partner is BLACK and my statement about Obama had to do with your avatar and signature photos nothing else.
Let me just add that,even though Elvis was a very humble man he was a very vain man too. He simply would not want Lisa to have a child that didn't look like him. If he had his way he'd want her to find someone with the same features like he had to carry on the Presley look and from the looks of it, she did just that. ahhh I don't think Elvis ever as you put it, "flurted", I think you meant to say, flirted with any black women. He was probably just being nice..lol,
It's clearly stated in many books from different people he knew, the whole Micheal Jackson marriage thing brought that out. He didn't believe in mixing races. It doesn't mean he was racist it just means, it wasn't his preference. Just like black women that don't find anything attractive about white men. From what I remembered reading on how Elvis felt about band members or bodyguards dating band members, he didn't like it. He wanted it kept professional with no domestic disputes in the circle. He also wouldn't want any of the females snitching on him if he was dating around on his main girlfriend.

Direct quote from Marty Lacker "Elvis wouldn't like it for a number of reasons. One,because Micheal is black, or used to be. Elvis wouldn't want Lisa to marry out of her race. Just as there are black people who don't want their children marrying white people"

Elvislives72
11-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Nancy Rooks says in her book Inside Graceland that he did date a black woman so that throws your insane theory out the window.

And I meant educated. It was a typo.

MojoElvis
11-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Nancy Rooks says in her book Inside Graceland that he did date a black woman so that throws your insane theory out the window.

And I meant educated. It was a typo.

HERE WE GO AGAIN, I'm using sign language with my hands this time, what I'm saying is NOT THEORY, I AM STATING FACTS. I EVEN BACKED IT UP WITH A DIRECT QUOTE FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE!!!!
Never heard of Nancy Rooks..was she his bodyguard & was she eudcated?
That's what's important here.

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 01:51 AM

Your comment about the Obama group shows your true colors without saying anything racist.

My best friend and business partner is BLACK and my statement about Obama had to do with your avatar and signature photos nothing else.
reasons.

I have to agree that Mojo's question was a legitimate one. Everything screams Obama.:supriced::supriced:;)

Elvislives72
11-19-2008, 01:53 AM
HERE WE GO AGAIN, I'm using sign language with my hands this time, what I'm saying is NOT THEORY, I AM STATING FACTS. I EVEN BACKED IT UP WITH A DIRECT QUOTE FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE!!!!
That's what's important here. So did I, with fact. Nancy happened to be his maid and cook and was there for over 14 years and who spent time talking with him in prvate. I thought you knew so much about Elvis?:hmm: Oh wait you know only what you read from the MM who are known to speak negative on Elvis. Dumb and dumber.

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 01:55 AM
You also need to stop reading so many fabricated books written without knowing the facts. Myrna Smith herself has said he never had a racist bone in his body and that the catfish comment was in tongue and cheek humor.

Let me ask one more time....Why did Myrna and The Sweets leave the stage in anger??:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Elvislives72
11-19-2008, 01:55 AM
I have to agree that Mojo's question was a legitimate one. Everything screams Obama.:supriced::supriced:;)

Way to back him up. Show me where he says anything at all about my SIGNATURE? He doesn't and he knew what he was saying which was the scapegoat comment of having a best friend who's black. that's as much of an insult to AA's than is using the N word. Ask them and they'll tell you.

Elvislives72
11-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Let me ask one more time....Why did Myrna and The Sweets leave the stage in anger??:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:Why don't you ask her? She has repeatedly said it wasn't a racial remark. I'll take her word over yours or Mojo look-a-like theory anyday.:mad:

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Nancy happened to be his maid and cook and was there for over 14 years and who spent time talking with him in prvate. I thought you knew so much about Elvis?:hmm: Oh wait you know only what you read from the MM who are known to speak negative on Elvis. Dumb and dumber.

Nowdays the word "maid" is NOT considered politically correct, it actually carries a racist connotation. You need to use the word "housekeeper" to be PC.;)
Who is "Dumb and Dumber"?:supriced::blink:

presley31
11-19-2008, 01:59 AM
That's what's important here.

nancy rooks was in the maid till 77 and wrote a book called inside graceland. She also has a interview that has been posted. Here is the link.

http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=16579&highlight=nancy+rooks

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Why don't you ask her? She has repeatedly said it wasn't a racial remark. I'll take her word over yours or Mojo look-a-like theory anyday.:mad:

So you are saying that she is lying in all the books where the incident has been discussed?:blink::blink:;)

Elvislives72
11-19-2008, 02:02 AM
This thread should get locked because it's headed in the wrong direction thanks to the racist BS brought on by the uneducated ignorant Elvis wannabe.:angry::angry::angry:

presley31
11-19-2008, 02:03 AM
Is this what you all tallking about??

There were good times and, later on, some bad times when the dark side of Elvis came to the fore. In 1975 he insulted Kathy and the Sweet Inspirations on-stage. All except Myrna Smith walked off in protest. This was the final straw in a series of incidents when Elvis insulted Kathy both off-stage and on-stage during introductions.

source:http://www.elvisinfonet.com/bookreview_susan_westmoreland.html

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Page 395 of "Down at the End of Lonely Street"......"During that same show he made a rude comment about about The Sweet Inspirations, claiming that he could smell garlic and onions on their breath. "They have been eating catfish", taunted Presley. The comment brought tears to the eyes of Estelle Brown, who walked off the stage. When Presley went on to make a rude comment to Westmoreland, she also walked, along with Sylvia Shemwell."
It appears that they thought his comment was "racist.":blink:

Shake A Hand
11-19-2008, 02:09 AM
Never heard of this guy on the video but a lot of it seemed contradictory to all that has been written and said by people that worked or played with Elvis!
Maybe he just desired his 5 minutes of fame by making his comments, who knows :hmm:

The closing comment from the interviewer spoke volumes and I couldn't agree more ... 'nobody better!' (y)(y)

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 02:10 AM
This thread should get locked because it's headed in the wrong direction thanks to the racist BS brought on by the uneducated ignorant Elvis wannabe.:angry::angry::angry:

Temper, temper....:supriced:

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 02:12 AM
Way to back him up. Show me where he says anything at all about my SIGNATURE? He doesn't and he knew what he was saying which was the scapegoat comment of having a best friend who's black. that's as much of an insult to AA's than is using the N word. Ask them and they'll tell you.

What on earth are you blabbering about? He can't have a black friend????:lol::lol:

midnight
11-19-2008, 02:14 AM

Oh boy I think the claws are coming out! I think the name calling is going too far! Calm down , calm down...:blink:

MojoElvis
11-19-2008, 02:14 AM
So did I, with fact. Nancy happened to be his maid and cook and was there for over 14 years and who spent time talking with him in prvate. I thought you knew so much about Elvis?:hmm: Oh wait you know only what you read from the MM who are known to speak negative on Elvis. Dumb and dumber.

Ok, does this say anything about Elvis' upbringing. His housekeeper or as you put it, "maid", was black oh I can't say black now. I'm not saying he's racist, I'm just saying he was brought up different from today's standards. In fact some families still practice it. My friend always uses that word, even down to when he jokes with me, he always says, "did you say that cause I'm black?". I don't know what you meant by, she spent time talking with him in "prvate". I doubt Elvis confided in her.
I would put Marty Lacker has a more reliable source instead of a housekeeper. Marty was his best man at his wedding and Marty set up the whole Memphis recording sessions...what did his "maid" do, fix his sandwich and cleaned his house...yeah I'm going to take her word over someone who has to watch Elvis' every move to protect him.

Please do you research and weigh out all the facts before you state something. I've read so many books on Elvis that I could tell when something doesn't add up. When certain stories always match by different sources then I know there has to be some truth to it.

presley31
11-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Oh boy I think the claws are coming out! I think the name calling is going too far! Calm down , calm down...:blink:

This could be the reason why the forum rules says no racial comments:blink:

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 02:44 AM
Your comment about the Obama group shows your true colors without saying anything racist.

BTW......your signature needs to read President-elect", he is not YET "President Obama.";)

MojoElvis
11-19-2008, 02:59 AM
Sorry ElvisLives72, but if the avatar and signature has Obama, I feel like I'm talking to an Obama fan not an Elvis fan . Another thing, there might be a lot of people on here that don't like ETA's but they never made fun of me or called me names directly, if you want to make fun of my profession look at the picture you posted on your signature, Obama with a Clown Elvis. That's how you're representing Elvis, as a joke. Sorry, but I don't wear a wig and cheap jumpsuits. One of my 5 jumpsuits cost me, $1,700.00 & I got a $4,000.00 B&K Sundial Jumpsuit for $500.00 So I think I went beyond being an Elvis wanna be here. I strive to give the people a tribute that does Elvis justice. Not only that, I'm a die hard fan that,"reads" books about Elvis and knows almost every song he has recorded + the history behind most of the songs.

I'm done with this thread so if I don't respond it's only cause it's already played out and I said all I could on here..

UTMOM..you rock and hope to party with you someday

TotallyInsane
11-19-2008, 03:04 AM

Wait just a minute - you're the one that tells someone to get "eudcated" and you call him an ignorant????

Merry
11-19-2008, 03:08 AM
This is disgusting.

TotallyInsane
11-19-2008, 03:09 AM
This is disgusting.

You're right - it certainly is!!

Elvislives72
11-19-2008, 03:12 AM
Sorry ElvisLives72, but if the avatar and signature has Obama, I feel like I'm talking to an Obama fan not an Elvis fan . Another thing, there might be a lot of people on here that don't like ETA's but they never made fun of me or called me names directly, if you want to make fun of my profession look at the picture you posted on your signature, Obama with a Clown Elvis. That's how you're representing Elvis, as a joke. Sorry, but I don't wear a wig and cheap jumpsuits. One of my 5 jumpsuits cost me, $1,700.00 & I got a $4,000.00 B&K Sundial Jumpsuit for $500.00 So I think I went beyond being an Elvis wanna be here. I strive to give the people a tribute that does Elvis justice. Not only that, I'm a die hard fan that,"reads" books about Elvis and knows almost every song he has recorded + the history behind most of the songs.

I'm done with this thread so if I don't respond it's only cause it's already played out and I said all I could on here..

UTMOM..you rock and hope to party with you someday
It's the exact people like you who have destroyed Elvis' name with your stupid excuse for a tribute show and your old south beliefs.:angry: No wonder so many think he was a racist and a joke.

Merry
11-19-2008, 03:15 AM
Ok, does this say anything about Elvis' upbringing. His housekeeper or as you put it, "maid", was black oh I can't say black now. I'm not saying he's racist, I'm just saying he was brought up different from today's standards. In fact some families still practice it. My friend always uses that word, even down to when he jokes with me, he always says, "did you say that cause I'm black?". I don't know what you meant by, she spent time talking with him in "prvate". I doubt Elvis confided in her.
I would put Marty Lacker has a more reliable source instead of a housekeeper. Marty was his best man at his wedding and Marty set up the whole Memphis recording sessions...what did his "maid" do, fix his sandwich and cleaned his house...yeah I'm going to take her word over someone who has to watch Elvis' every move to protect him.

Please do you research and weigh out all the facts before you state something. I've read so many books on Elvis that I could tell when something doesn't add up. When certain stories always match by different sources then I know there has to be some truth to it.

For God's sakes. Lacker is a slacker, lol.

There is supposition in your comments, above.

He wasn't there as much as he says.

Anyone who run's down Lisa, isn't a fan of Elvis'.

"Carry on", as he would say.

TotallyInsane
11-19-2008, 03:15 AM
It's the exact people like you who have destroyed Elvis' name with your stupid excuse for a tribute show and your old south beliefs.:angry: No wonder so many think he was a racist and a joke.

Gettin' a little hot under the collar there? Calm down - it's only an Elvis messageboard.

MojoElvis
11-19-2008, 03:18 AM

I can't help myself but hey guys noticed they removed the CLOWN ELVIS & OBAMA picture after what I said..lol

I'm not racist and don't have a stupid excuse to do Elvis shows, People hire me and I sing the songs I love for a living. No the person you had in the picture you removed destroyed Elvis' image so you were helping to promote them Elvis-CLOWNS..LOL people see me and go..WOW I thought it was him!!!!..I don't think I'm Elvis or even look like him but some people think I do so I'm not going to disappoint them.

MojoElvis
11-19-2008, 03:27 AM
For God's sakes. Lacker is a slacker, lol.

There is supposition in your comments, above.

He wasn't there as much as he says.

Anyone who run's down Lisa, isn't a fan of Elvis'.

"Carry on", as he would say.

How could anyone who has ever worked for Elvis not be a slacker? It's like the ending of that movie, GOOD FELLAS, Henry Hill had to give up the life style and go back to having a boring life. I was just quoting something he said in regards to how Elvis felt about a certain issue. Not that he was a hard worker.

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 03:31 AM

Have you seen his tribute show?? I'm curious, since you do say it's a "stupid" show....:hmm:
BTW....please don't knock the "south"...some of us love it down here.;)

MojoElvis
11-19-2008, 03:33 AM
Have you seen his tribute show?? I'm curious, since you do say it's a "stupid" show....:hmm:
BTW....please don't knock the "south"...some of us love it down here.;)

I've lived all over and Love it down here too. It's also closer to Elvis' neck of woods.(y)

Elvislives72
11-19-2008, 03:34 AM
I can't help myself but hey guys noticed they removed the CLOWN ELVIS & OBAMA picture after what I said..lol

I'm not racist and don't have a stupid excuse to do Elvis shows, People hire me and I sing the songs I love for a living. No the person you had in the picture you removed destroyed Elvis' image so you were helping to promote them Elvis-CLOWNS..LOLNo it was I who removed it. I can't dog you for dressing like a fool and have one in my sigi. That would make me a hypocrite like you.

And yes you are a racist from all the comments you made on here and at a black person/poster who brought it up to begin with. You just don't see it because it's how you were apparently raised. I'm from GA the deep south, ATL to be exact, where racism is still very strong on both sides, but I wasn't raised to think blacks were just good for maid work and no affection deserved as you do. I don't think whites are supreme in any way or better than blacks or any other race. We're all equal in God's eyes.

I don't know what books you read about Elvis but their obviously full of biased bigotry that's warped your brain.:rolleyes:

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 03:39 AM
This is disgusting.

You're right - it certainly is!!

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

MojoElvis
11-19-2008, 03:42 AM
No it was I who removed it. I can't dog you for dressing like a fool and have one in my sigi. That would make me a hypocrite like you.

And yes you are a racist from all the comments you made on here and at a black person/poster who brought it up to begin with. You just don't see it because it's how you were apparently raised. I'm from GA the deep south, ATL to be exact, where racism is still very strong on both sides, but I wasn't raised to think blacks were just good for maid work and no affection deserved as you do. I don't think whites are supreme in any way or better than blacks or any other race. We're all equal in God's eyes.

I don't know what books you read about Elvis but their obviously full of biased bigotry that's warped your brain.:rolleyes:

Sorry but my profile says, ELVIS and I get paid good money to sing his songs and perform as Elvis, what does your profile say?

once again, I am not racist...if I was I wouldn't even take the time to talk to you or the subject. You seem insecure about it and these are days where we shouldn't accuse each other of it. Remember America voted for CHANGE and YES WE CAN, let's live up to a positive, 'CHANGE" not negative one and Elvis still didn't believe in mixed marriages no matter how much you try to accuse me of something I'm not, it's not going to change that.

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 03:44 AM
That would make me a hypocrite like you.

And yes you are a racist from all the comments you made on here and at a black person/poster who brought it up to begin with. You just don't see it because it's how you were apparently raised.

Your comments are simply amazing.....:rolleyes:

Elvislives72
11-19-2008, 04:10 AM
Sorry but my profile says, ELVIS and I get paid good money to sing his songs and perform as Elvis, what does your profile say?

once again, I am not racist...if I was I wouldn't even take the time to talk to you or the subject. You seem insecure about it and these are days where we shouldn't accuse each other of it. Remember America voted for CHANGE and YES WE CAN, let's live up to a positive, 'CHANGE" not negative one and Elvis still didn't believe in mixed marriages no matter how much you try to accuse me of something I'm not, it's not going to change that. Then I guess you wouldn't wanna see my cousin at your shows who is black by marriage.:angry: So I was offended by your closed minded comments even though I'm white.:angry::mad:(n)

And maybe you should ask your good ole boys MM about why Elvis let Myrna and Jerry share a room together at his California home as an interracial couple. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

utmom2008
11-19-2008, 06:18 AM
He doesn't and he knew what he was saying which was the scapegoat comment of having a best friend who's black. that's as much of an insult to AA's than is using the N word. Ask them and they'll tell you.

I'm confused about what is an insult to black people?:hmm:
Here's a pic of my son on CNN appearing on stage with Obama when the Democratic debate was held in Austin. The other one is my son with Senator Clinton and Obama. So...what does that make my son? What does that make me?:doh::hmm::doh:

kathy parkinson
11-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Here's a pic of my son on CNN appearing on stage with Obama when the Democratic debate was held in Austin. The other one is my son with Senator Clinton and Obama. So...what does that make my son? What does that make me?:doh::hmm::doh:

Roseanne, it makes you a proud mother of a very nice young man. I am not American, i have only been to two parts of your country, Nashville and Memphis, been treated very well by Americans black and white, you have a great country, embrace it.
Roseanne, it also makes you my friend.:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

MojoElvis
11-19-2008, 06:49 AM

Some people just like use the race card for any topic and use it loosely on everyone that disagrees with them.
Even though I voted for McCain/Palin, that's a very impressive picture of your son. You must be so proud of him.
Maybe I should post the photo of me with my friends, James and Tony at a fishing trip last month. Yeah, I was the only white man there and they voted for Obama but never insulted me about who I thought would be the better candidate or use Elvis to push their own theories on me.

Jumpsuit Junkie
11-19-2008, 09:43 AM
This has got out of hand and I am closing this thread.

Race and politics have always been very touchy subjects, be warned!

Please do not open another thread in this vein.