PDA

View Full Version : Very rare pic inside Graceland

Elvislives72
11-11-2008, 11:05 PM
This is the original tv room at Graceland back in the mid 60's before Elvis gave it a complete makeover. Although I do like his makeover with the gold and blue color scheme, I really do like this look he had going at the time as well. It's more elegant and classy looking.(y)

http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/files/2/5/1/5/63tvroom_sm.jpg

utmom2008
11-11-2008, 11:21 PM
I actually like this look as well...it's much more calming. I always thought the blue and yellow was so distracting that it would be difficult to concentrate on a movie.:lol::lol:

KPM
11-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Has this photo degraded over time to give everything this kind of orange glow look? Or was this mood lighting? I know the couch was something like a cream white-yet looks almost orange.

Elvislives72
11-11-2008, 11:32 PM
I actually like this look as well...it's much more calming. I always thought the blue and yellow was so distracting that it would be difficult to concentrate on a movie.:lol::lol:
I don't think it would be the colors that would be so bad as it would be the 3 tv screens showing 3 different shows at once.:lol:

While on the subject about the tv room, there was a show that used to come on MTV called Cribs and there was this rapper who had a room with 3 tv monitors built into a wall side by side and a pool table. It was too obvious where he got that look from.:hmm:

Elvislives72
11-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Has this photo degraded over time to give everything this kind of orange glow look? Or was this mood lighting? I know the couch was something like a cream white-yet looks almost orange. Looks white to me.

presley31
11-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I seen this in the picture gallery and love it. thanks for posting

KPM
11-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Looks white to me.
Old color photos do degrade and this photo does seem to have an overall orange tint to it as I see it. The couch is a white color-but in this photo there is a tint to it. It is not a major point. Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?

utmom2008
11-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Has this photo degraded over time to give everything this kind of orange glow look? Or was this mood lighting? I know the couch was something like a cream white-yet looks almost orange.

Mine has an orange glow to it as well. It almost has the coloring of the ice-cream "push-ups" that my kids ate when they were little.:D

KPM
11-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Mine has an orange glow to it as well. It almost has the coloring of the ice-cream "push-ups" that my kids ate when they were little.:D
If its not an old picture which has degraded-it must be some colored mood light because that is the way it looks to me.
It reminds me of a sunset in the house.

Elvislives72
11-11-2008, 11:51 PM
To me it looks as if the lighting in the room was meant to hae a hazy appearance which makes the pic look off a little. Plus most cameras weren't as good back then as there are today whereas a pic made by a modern digital camera can look crystal clear.

presley31
11-12-2008, 12:03 AM
I think its just a old picture cause every one l seen of this picture is the same

Diane
11-12-2008, 01:00 AM
The whole photo has an orange cast to it to me. I don't know what does this. I've seen some that are too yellow but this one is definitely orange.

Diane

ehollier
11-12-2008, 02:00 AM

Rosie, who are you kidding??? Concentrate on a movie in Elvis' basement.....right......you'd be oogling him just like me.....forget the movie.....:'(

mislulu
11-12-2008, 02:06 AM
Awesome picture! Thanks for posting!! (y)

utmom2008
11-12-2008, 04:09 AM
Rosie, who are you kidding??? Concentrate on a movie in Elvis' basement.....right......you'd be oogling him just like me.....forget the movie.....:'(

:supriced::supriced::supriced::supriced:

(y)(y) (y)(y) (y)(y)(y)

hounddog
11-12-2008, 04:21 AM
hope you dont mind Elvislives72 but i fiddled with the colours a bit so it's not so orange.

john carpenter
11-12-2008, 04:38 AM
Mine has an orange glow to it as well. It almost has the coloring of the ice-cream "push-ups" that my kids ate when they were little.:D:lmfao::lmfao:Ice cream push ups (i remember those) and yes Rosanne my school pics are like that! Back on topic ..i like this look better then they have now. Looks comfortable.(y)

presley31
11-12-2008, 03:06 PM
hope you dont mind Elvislives72 but i fiddled with the colours a bit so it's not so orange.

That looks great hounddog, thank you

Stryx
11-12-2008, 05:14 PM
great photo!

Where did you get it?

Anymore from that time?

Tony Trout
11-12-2008, 07:18 PM

I think y'all would be doin' more than oogllin' Elvis....;):P:blush:

ehollier
11-12-2008, 07:21 PM

You'd better believe loverboy.....actually what I'd be doing isn't something ladies should be mentioning here, but I trust Rosie to tell everyone about the movie...:P

Tony Trout
11-12-2008, 07:46 PM
You'd better believe loverboy.....actually what I'd be doing isn't something ladies should be mentioning here, but I trust Rosie to tell everyone about the movie...:P

ROTFLMAO!!!! :P:P:P

utmom2008
11-13-2008, 06:26 AM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:(y)(y)(y)

Genie
11-13-2008, 07:32 AM

I was thinking the same thing, this does not look like a photo that is correct at all... possibly altered or aged and withered in coloring...
Some of Elvis' decorating touches were a little bizzare, but then I have been told mine are as well... so I'm in good company.

ksimms2
11-13-2008, 02:29 PM

my daughter and I still eat those push up ice creams - they are yum!