PDA

View Full Version : his sense of humor

mistymorning
10-16-2008, 05:05 AM
let us hear your stories aboue elvis sense of humore !
This is a note from elvis to Red west :
roses are red shamrocks are green , my face is funny but yours is a scream .EL !!:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

hounddog
10-16-2008, 08:41 AM
that's cute do you know when it was written

Nicole Presley
10-16-2008, 09:18 AM
let us hear your stories aboue elvis sense of humore !
This is a note from elvis to Red west :
roses are red shamrocks are green , my face is funny but yours is a scream .EL !!:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Can you please write more things like that???

mistymorning
10-16-2008, 05:09 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Can you please write more things like that???

elvis loved to recite this poem for his friends.

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/ElvisX-RatedPoem.html

buttonhead
10-16-2008, 05:57 PM
elvis loved to recite this poem for his friends.

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/ElvisX-RatedPoem.html

:lol: :lol: ...i found that version on YT :

iFeIYh3_yQY

Cliff
10-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Two things I recall about Elvis' sense of humour. Charlie Hodge wrote in his book that one day the fans where waiting for Elvis to come out of his Beverly Hills home. When he appeared he went up to one of the Greek statues of a woman and started singing the Tom Jones hit "Delilah" to it. Another thing Charlie mentioned was that if you ever said to Elvis "Nice day" or "It's turned out nice" he'd say "Thank you." Great sense of humour !!

Merry
10-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Two things I recall about Elvis' sense of humour. Charlie Hodge wrote in his book that one day the fans where waiting for Elvis to come out of his Beverly Hills home. When he appeared he went up to one of the Greek statues of a woman and started singing the Tom Jones hit "Delilah" to it. Another thing Charlie mentioned was that if you ever said to Elvis "Nice day" or "It's turned out nice" he'd say "Thank you." Great sense of humour !!

LOL, love these stories, what a great way to start the day (that and thinking of some M & M's:king:). xxx :D

b

renapap05
12-29-2008, 02:21 PM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:Love those stories!!!Thanks for sharing stories and jokes from Elvis...He had a great sense of humor.A charisma!!! :lol:

spanish eyes
12-29-2008, 04:10 PM
I have a book entitled Elvis the Man and his Music and there's a section called Elvis said, here are two quotes taken from it:-

Talking about the Telethon in Las Vegas, being held over Labor Day weekend, he was reminded of a story about Jerry Lewis, the Telethon host:

When I first got out of the army in 1960, I bought a Rolls Royce. I was driving in Beverley Hills one day and Jerry Lewis pulled up beside me. He looked over at me (Elvis turned his head slowly to the side to show the expression that had been on Jerry's face) I did the same thing. (Elvis turned his head again and repeated the expression) He called my manager the same day and said, "Tell Elvis not to drive a Rolls Royce without a tie on".

Elvis' reply - I swear to God! Well, I will give you a couple of guesses to the message I sent back!

(Dinner Show, Labor Day, 2-9-74)

To Bill Porter, his sound engineer: This microphone don't sound as good as the one I had last night. I'm quittin! It's not your fault, Bill, you're a nice guy - just jump off the balcony! Elvis puts two microphones to his ears as in That's the Way It Is and said hello, hello later, realising the band couldn't hear him properly he told them: It'd be a lot better if you guys could hear me back there. It's not your fault, it's the microphone. You can't do the whole show by instinct alone, you've got to know what song I'm gonna sing. I may sing Walt Disney's "talk to the animals"! Then referring again to the microphones, he changed the words of Suspicious Minds to: let's don't let a good sound die, we had it for 3 and a half weeks, oh God, what happened to it?

Dinner Show, 30-8-73)

Merry
12-29-2008, 06:27 PM
LOL, they are great, Spanish Eyes, any more? :lmfao::D:D:D

KPM
12-29-2008, 06:56 PM
He seemed to love to laugh and make others laugh.:)

spanish eyes
12-29-2008, 07:19 PM
LOL, they are great, Spanish Eyes, any more? :lmfao::D:D:D

Sure Kimmi, btw I'm Maria :) Two quotes about his rings:-

Showing us his rings, just before the end of the show: See this ring (a huge one on his left hand) I wore this thing in that Aloha Special from Hawaii. A lot of people thought it was one solid big diamond. No, its a one and a half carat diamond, and there are some 16 carat diamonds all round it. It's the biggest diamond I've ever seen. It was my Xmas gift to myself! I just thought I deserved it! This one I have here (on his right hand) I had this designed for the stage. It has oval-shaped, pear-shaped diamonds. This here (again on his right hand) a Japanese lady gave me. Are you here, dear? Stand up. Put that spotlight on her, she came from Japan. Tonight, between shows she gave me this ring. Honey, what is the stone in the middle? A blue star sapphire with diamonds. Thank you, thank you.

(Midnight Show, 1-9-74)

Before singing Can't Help Falling in Love", to end the show, and the Summer Season, Elvis spoke about his rings again and concluded: The reason I'm telling you this is, you helped pay for 'em!

(Midnight Show, 2-9-74)

Merry
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Sure Jess, btw I'm Maria :) Two quotes about his rings:-

Showing us his rings, just before the end of the show: See this ring (a huge one on his left hand) I wore this thing in that Aloha Special from Hawaii. A lot of people thought it was one solid big diamond. No, its a one and a half carat diamond, and there are some 16 carat diamonds all round it. It's the biggest diamond I've ever seen. It was my Xmas gift to myself! I just thought I deserved it! This one I have here (on his right hand) I had this designed for the stage. It has oval-shaped, pear-shaped diamonds. This here (again on his right hand) a Japanese lady gave me. Are you here, dear? Stand up. Put that spotlight on her, she came from Japan. Tonight, between shows she gave me this ring. Honey, what is the stone in the middle? A blue star sapphire with diamonds. Thank you, thank you.

(Midnight Show, 1-9-74)

Before singing Can't Help Falling in Love", to end the show, and the Summer Seaon, Elvis spoke about his rings again and concluded: The reason I'm telling you this is, you helped pay for 'em!

(Midnight Show, 2-9-74)

LOL, I wondered the punch line, until the end :lmfao:

Thanks Maria, :bye: :D this was great. :hug:

Kimmi :D

memphis69
12-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Elvis Had A Wonderful Sense Of Humor And A Laugh Which Could Light Up A Room. I Love It When He Would Make Jokes During A Song Such As When He Starts Laughing During "are You Lonsome Tonight" In 1969.

"do You Gaze At Your Bald Head And Wish You Had Hair"

Dino78
12-29-2008, 09:43 PM
LOL - Could listen to these stories for hours.
Another example is the "Ode To A Robin" on "Cut It And I Bleed".
And not to mention about the changed lyrics. ("You can burn my wife, steal my car...")

beckelvis
12-30-2008, 12:48 AM
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! TAPE-WORM VERY MUCH FELT OF THE HUMOR,WAS VERY ENTERTEINING:lol::lol::lol:

Awickedreigndrop
12-31-2008, 04:55 AM
It cracked me up the way he talked about Gatorade, "It looks like it's already been used..."

LtCarman
12-31-2008, 07:14 AM
You guys must have heard this enough, but I still like it. "I take vitamin E."

desiree
12-31-2008, 10:24 PM
I just Elvis' sense of humour! LOL I don't have any story to tell, but the same old AYLT laughing version is something I can't listen to without cracking up. Gets me every time :lmfao::lmfao:

desiree
12-31-2008, 10:25 PM
I just Elvis' sense of humour! LOL I don't have any story to tell, but the same old AYLT laughing version is something I can't listen to without cracking up. Gets me every time :lmfao::lmfao:

The missing word is LOVE :lmfao::lmfao:

Cliff
01-01-2009, 06:08 AM
The missing word is LOVE :lmfao::lmfao:

That's a word most people miss Desiree.Make a good song title. :'(:D

Awickedreigndrop
01-01-2009, 06:13 AM
Omg, have any of you hear the clip of him rehearsing Polk Salad Annie or "Poke a little sock salad"?

Merry
01-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Omg, have any of you hear the clip of him rehearsing Polk Salad Annie or "Poke a little sock salad"?

Would make for an interesting side meal, perhaps that's where our socks disappear to? lol :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

desiree
01-01-2009, 01:06 PM
That's a word most people miss Desiree.Make a good song title. :'(:D

You're right! We should use that word more often, follow me guys:
LOVE LOVE LOVE:D:lmfao:

Donut
01-01-2009, 02:24 PM
He had a great sense of humor but I find more amusing the things he did with no intention of being funny like the story of his visit to Nixon, shooting a tv set, stopping a car for going over the speed limit and many more.

Diane
01-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Those unconscious actions of Elvis are the things that start me giggling too Donut, especially rummaging through President Nixon's desk drawer to find things for the wives....so naive and natural in some ways!:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane

Donut
01-01-2009, 02:53 PM
:laughing: He was one of a kind Diane.

Awickedreigndrop
01-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Those unconscious actions of Elvis are the things that start me giggling too Donut, especially rummaging through President Nixon's desk drawer to find things for the wives....so naive and natural in some ways!:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane

Did he reallydo that? :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: That's sure funny!

Vegas King
01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
:lol: :lol: ...i found that version on YT :

iFeIYh3_yQY
Thanks so much for that one Buddy:D:D:D

spanish eyes
01-02-2009, 04:02 PM
You're right! We should use that word more often, follow me guys:
LOVE LOVE LOVE:D:lmfao:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE How's that GF? Nah I still don't think its enough LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :D

midnight
01-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Elvis' sense of humor was fabulous! That is another thing that made him so special and unique. He looked so cool and manly yet he had this innocence about him that made him seem so vulnerable.
I love it when he sings "Heart of Rome" and instead of singing "I will make a wish in every fountain" , he sings "I will take a pi*s in every fountain"! You got to love him!(y)

WHITETIGERMAN
01-04-2009, 11:11 AM
He lived to make others happy................boy what a sense of humor.He really could make people laugh.That's one of the many great qualities that made him so special.