PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious minds 1972 Almost Acoustic

Erhan
10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
It's sound very different finaly you can hear Rhyhtm Guitar of J.W.
Perfect Clip with very interesting sound I guess.
ELVIS PRESLEY-Suspicious minds 1972 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_Q7A6nBbQ)
How is the sound in Album "Welcome In San Antone" ? and Why?
Did they only have one track recording of this concert or what?
some info please...

PS:Look at the situatin of poor cameraman at 1:22 :lol:

MojoElvis
10-09-2008, 04:20 PM
it could have been recorded through the monitor line. It would make sense not to have the drums or horns. They already come through loud enough. Or it might be just the left or right pan/speaker settings of the sound board recording. The other speaker might have all the missing parts & that might be what we're not hearing.

Nice recording, thanks for sharing. I sometimes would rather hear Elvis without all horns. Brings him back down to earth, Like the, ELVIS ON TOUR, REHEARSAL FTD CD.
Maybe the leaking out of this version indicates that they will officially release the new, ELVIS ON TOUR on DVD.

MojoElvis
10-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I wasn't aware that when I read it, it was already released. In fact I have the CD box set of, Close UP..I have to listen to it and check it out..

Unchained Melody
10-11-2008, 04:04 AM
The sound on the import sounds like accoustic because Burton's guitar is simply to loud and over shadows the rest of the band which makes it very annoying cd to play.

Erhan
10-11-2008, 09:37 PM
The sound on the import sounds like accoustic because Burton's guitar is simply to loud and over shadows the rest of the band which makes it very annoying cd to play.

There is no lead guitar of james Burton in mixing there's only Rhyhtm Guitar of John Wilkinson in the mix and organ sound.

Unchained Melody
10-11-2008, 10:51 PM
There is no lead guitar of james Burton in mixing there's only Rhyhtm Guitar of John Wilkinson in the mix and organ sound.

My mistake, thanks !!