PDA

View Full Version : THE "ALL ELVIS" SIRIUS RADIO CHANNEL

Jungleroom76
10-10-2004, 03:11 AM
Hi Everyone -

I was wondering if any of you have had the chance to tune in the new "All Elvis" channel on the Sirius Radio Channel yet?

I was just curious as to how it was, and what kinds of Elvis' music they were playing!

TCB!
Mike

buttonhead
10-10-2004, 05:13 AM
No i dont have it Mike,...i wish...i tried to get that free trial when it first started it up but it didnt work, i heard that they would play those concert CDs on 'air'..and george klein already as the 'permanent' speakers... , may be i need to buy the radio sirius soon to be able to receive their 'on air' show. ;)

Jungleroom76
10-11-2004, 11:48 PM
THANKS BUTTONHEAD!!!

Actually, I don't know much about the whole Sirius thing, but I believe you have to buy the equipment and THEN you have to pay for a subscription to the service as well.

Is anyone else familiar with this service....maybe you can help Buttonhead and I out!! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

buttonhead
10-12-2004, 12:20 AM
hi Mike...

yes i think we have to buy a particular radio to be able to get their show,you can check this website for more information :

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=FlexContent&cid=1088108262903&source=301&occ=elvis3011

simmerrocks
10-12-2004, 01:35 AM
hi guy's as i type this post, big boss man alternate take 9 from the tt&f box set is playing. i went to the home page typed in my email adress and they gave me a password. so i have 3 free days. give me the right just started. i have to admit even though we have all the songs, it's kinda cool hearing alternates and wondering what will be coming on next........Ahhhh the magic of Elvis (y) (y) (y) :clap: :clap: :clap: . rock on... simmerrocks

Lonniebealestreet
10-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Very cool. I never did sign up for my 3 free days because I thought I heard people were having problems with it. May have to do so now.

simmerrocks
10-12-2004, 01:49 AM
MAN THIS ROCKS :!: :!: :!: so far alternates of snowbird, witchcraft, such a night, and hurt (y) (y) (y) . i may have to get serious about sirius :!: :!: here comes one night of sin :!: :!: . great radio. rock on.... simmerrocks (y) (y)

Jungleroom76
10-12-2004, 01:54 AM
WOW SIMMERROCKS!!! SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DIGGING THIS WHOLE SIRIUS DEAL!!! (h)

Thanks for all the information....I was afraid that, knowing how EPE is (and I am sure they must have a say in this whole Sirius deal), the whole idea of having an "All Elvis" channel would be wasted, because EPE would never allow Sirius to play anything past the Aloha special or any alternate takes.

Actually...in my opinion, I think EPE would be satisfied with a constant 24-hour repeating loop of ELVIS 30 #1 HITS and SECOND TO NONE!!! :P

Anyway...I digress....THANKS SIMMERROCKS!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

simmerrocks
10-12-2004, 02:01 AM
UPDATE......'i got lucky' stereo version :!: . slowly but surely ftd outtake. i'm staying up late tonight guys :!: :!: . siriussimmerrocks (y) (y) ;)

Jungleroom76
10-12-2004, 02:07 AM
WOW!!! YOU'RE GETTING SIRIUS SIMMERROCKS!!!

ROCK ON!!! (h)

TCB!
Mike

carolynlm
10-12-2004, 02:46 AM
When it first started, I was able to get the 3 days free, which was great. Their booth at the Graceland Plaza looks good. They had this equipment there for sale at the time, I didn't really take a great deal of notice though. The radio station I listen to here in Oz, plays loads of Elvis' songs, as well as others, but usually takes me about 6 minutes to drive to work, and in that time I usually hear one Elvis song.

simmerrocks
10-12-2004, 03:59 AM
it's 11pm usa time, i'm still hanging in there with sirius elvis radio :supriced: . it the past couple of hours i did the'clam', bossa nova and jailhouse rock :!: :!: . bring on the rock a hula :!: ;) . simmerrocks (y)

Jungleroom76
10-12-2004, 04:45 AM
THANKS FOR THE UPDATES SIMMERROCKS!!! (y)

STAY SIRIUS, SON!!! (h)

TCB!
Mike

Lindnet
10-12-2004, 03:35 PM
I'm looking into signing up for DISH Network because they have Sirius Radio in their lineup. It gets you past having to buy the equipment and pay the subscription fee. Just another option to think about.

Jungleroom76
10-13-2004, 02:05 AM
WOW!!! That is interesting Lindnet....thanks for the tip!! (h)

TCB!
Mike