PDA

View Full Version : Cover Error or Not ?

Unchained Melody
10-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Why does it say on the From EPBLVD Memphis TN album cover say "recorded live". I don't get it, was it a mistake by those in control of the covers at RCA or what ?

smithversusneo
10-05-2008, 01:10 AM
I agree. When I first bought that album I thought it was a -live- album. I guess they didn't consider the Jungle Room a studio.

In my opinion, it's one of the many reasons The Jungle Room is my favorite place to visit at Graceland.

svn

Unchained Melody
10-05-2008, 01:19 AM
In my opinion, it's one of the many reasons The Jungle Room is my favorite place to visit at Graceland.
svn

It is my favorite part of the house aswell. Just close your eyes and think what it was like there when he was cutting that album....magic...:notworthy

MojoElvis
10-05-2008, 02:54 AM
that always confused me too. Maybe they thought they weren't going to get any songs from him and were going to end up using old Live recordings to put out an LP.

smithversusneo
10-05-2008, 02:58 AM
It is my favorite part of the house aswell. Just close your eyes and think what it was like there when he was cutting that album....magic...:notworthy

I always imagine him sitting on the couch, with a fender bass. I think I confuse it in my mind with Paul McCartney's account of meeting Elvis in 1965. But everytime I visit the Jungle Room it's this fictional vision of him sitting there, with the band all around him... with microphone chords and amps all over the room.

Again, listening to this album certain evokes a lot of visions.

I only wish there had been some photos taken of Elvis and the band recording in the Jungle Room, but I have yet to find any. :(

svn

Unchained Melody
10-05-2008, 03:31 AM
I only wish there had been some photos taken of Elvis and the band recording in the Jungle Room, but I have yet to find any. :(
svn

Memphis77 aka David from the Kings Court forum claims to have photo's from the session with Elvis holding the bass guitar as a matter of fact. Yet to see them though...:hmm:

smithversusneo
10-05-2008, 04:11 AM
Memphis77 aka David from the Kings Court forum claims to have photo's from the session with Elvis holding the bass guitar as a matter of fact. Yet to see them though...:hmm:

If they exist I'd love to see them! (y)

svn

Unchained Melody
10-05-2008, 04:14 AM
If they exist I'd love to see them! (y)

svn

Yeah, you and me both ;]

Getlo
10-06-2008, 08:11 AM
The album was recorded live, just not live in concert.

The sessions had Elvis, the band and all of the backing vocalists at Graceland, all at once.

Live. At Graceland.

Unchained Melody
10-06-2008, 08:22 AM
The album was recorded live, just not live in concert.

The sessions had Elvis, the band and all of the backing vocalists at Graceland, all at once.

Live. At Graceland.

Well then, isn't all albums he recorded then Recorded live, like at Stax studio, with the band and elvis live :hmm:

SatninLove
10-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Why does it say on the From EPBLVD Memphis TN album cover say "recorded live". I don't get it, was it a mistake by those in control of the covers at RCA or what ?
huh..that is strange....:hmm:they consider Graceland live?
-SatninLove

SatninLove
10-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Well then, isn't all albums he recorded then Recorded live, like at Stax studio, with the band and elvis live :hmm:

that is a good point..(y)
-SatninLove

Getlo
10-06-2008, 08:41 AM

Technically, no.

The other sessions, Stax etc, had backing vocalists dubbed in later. For example, The Holladays, Jeannie Greene etc. These people were not at the recordings with Elvis.

All of the vocalists and band were at Graceland with Elvis: the first time in many years that all of the backing vocalists and musicians were with him ... recording live.

It was also the first time his entire concert group were with him (except for Joe and the orchestra), together in these sessions. All other sessions had other musicians involved somehow, or one or two of the TCB Band absent.

Sherrill Nielsen did add some harmony vocals later, but he was also there at the original sessions.

Some overdubs were done later, but no other musicians were used.

Unchained Melody
10-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Technically, no.

The other sessions, Stax etc, had backing vocalists dubbed in later. For example, The Holladays, Jeannie Greene etc. These people were not at the recordings with Elvis.

All of the vocalists and band were at Graceland with Elvis: the first time in many years that all of the backing vocalists and musicians were with him ... recording live.

It was also the first time his entire concert group were with him (except for Joe and the orchestra), together in these sessions. All other sessions had other musicians involved somehow, or one or two of the TCB Band absent.

Sherrill Nielsen did add some harmony vocals later, but he was also there at the original sessions.

Makes perfect sense, thank you !!

Getlo
10-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Makes perfect sense, thank you !!

I do agree though that the "Recorded Live" was somewhat misleading, even though it was technically correct.

Later versions of the LP had it removed.

Unchained Melody
10-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I do agree though that the "Recorded Live" was somewhat misleading, even though it was technically correct.

My copy of the CD From Elvis Presley BLVD has it written on it, Recorded Live, that is....

Suspicious Minds
10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Back when this LP was released in the UK. One fan went to court about this LP. The fan won the case because it was not a live concert LP when it stated recorded live on the front of cover. I can't remember how much the fan was given but I bet he bought more Elvis records.
Why did they put recorded live on the front of cover when it was not a concert?
They didn't say the earlier studio albums was recorded live did they.

Here is 2 different covers. Did they remove Recorded Live after?

Unchained Melody
10-06-2008, 09:42 AM
They didn't say the earlier studio albums was recorded live did they.

Read all post and you would've found the answer to your questions Frank.

Getlo
10-06-2008, 09:43 AM

"Live" does not necessarily mean in concert, in front of an audience.

Unchained Melody
10-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Here is 2 different covers. Did they remove Recorded Live after?

Getlo

(y)

Suspicious Minds
10-06-2008, 04:20 PM
If they released this album as The Jungle Room Sessions back in 1977 then I could understand it being recorded live.

Lonniebealestreet
10-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Much agreed there.

This topic reminded me of a review of sorts that I wrote for this album here almost four years ago:

http://www.tcb-world.com/showpost.php?p=26590&postcount=5 (http://www.tcb-world.com/showpost.php?p=26590&postcount=5)

Unchained Melody
10-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Much agreed there.

This topic reminded me of a review of sorts that I wrote for this album here almost four years ago:

http://www.tcb-world.com/showpost.php?p=26590&postcount=5 (http://www.tcb-world.com/showpost.php?p=26590&postcount=5)

Excellent review Bobby, really enjoyed that m8e! :notworthy

Erhan
10-06-2008, 09:28 PM
I guess they wrote that because there are so many fabricated Studio Music at that time That was DISCO time...IMHO...