PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide Elvis

SleepyJack
09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
I am just wondering what all your thoughts are on the following.....
1) Has the internet changed you as an Elvis Presley fan....in the way that you listen to and watch him etc.??
2) Do you think that the internet has been a good or bad thing for Elvis?...particularly with regard to the public perception of him.
3) Do you think that enough is being done by those who control the rights to his image,music and movies to make sure that he remains as popular on the web as he was in life,on record and on film?

Diane
09-29-2008, 03:26 PM
1. Yes the internet change me a lot in the way I now perceive Elvis. I've learned much too much of his negative side...things I feel no one needed to know. I feel no different toward him as a person except sadness that his life wasn't as happy as I previously thought.

2. I feel the internet plays too much on the negative and not enough on the positive side of Elvis.

3. No I do not feel those who control the right to his image, movies and music do enough to project above mentioned.

Diane

beckelvis
09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
1-the truth not,i have read many books of elvis,not changed anythink,always i heve been a fan of elvis and admire as artist and as person,say what they should say for internet.
2-the majority of time villain,that if it was this,the tables ect.........
the truth is news that they ma abore,but also thanks to internet there are many peolplewho has know it more and it always is good,ELVIS there is deserved the better,what they say of more not cost a sorrow.
3-his right of image difficult you control.

:notworthy:notworthy-TCB-:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

john carpenter
09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
(y)The internet has actually changed my feelings about Elvis, in a good way. Of course there is alot of junk on the net too. Instead of scouring books for my info, songs, ect, I can now just click my mouse! And the internet has brought even more younger fans to appreciate his talent, and they know more about him IMO! If you are a fan you tend to ignore the negative stuff anyhow!(y):notworthy

KPM
09-29-2008, 10:30 PM
1.-No
2.-Both so much info is just a finger push away-but so much "opinion" taken as 100% fact. The negative seems to always be the topic most talked about.
3.-I'm not sure.

SleepyJack
09-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks for your replies on this,they are much appreciated. I personally have found that the Elvis World has become a lot more complicated since I discovered the internet and I still have days when I wish I could just go back to the simpler days.That said...it is great to have access to so much Elvis "stuff" and to be able to share with other fans on places like this.Like you Diane...I sometimes hear and read things that I wish I had not stumbled upon...and yes,it does seem like most of the time Elvis is an open book to everyone....whatever little privacy he had when alive...he now has none..... I don`t know..it`s like I said...complicated!

cibetty
09-30-2008, 12:27 AM
1. Yes, the internet changed me a lot, but in a good way!! There are many things about him what I would never know if I wouldn't have internet. And I am very grateful for it. I feel it helped me to know him better.

2. I don't think the internet is a bad thing, just there are some things about him on net, what are not worthy of his memory at all. But there are some wonderful sites about him, like this. Although I don't say I agree and I like everything what I read or see here. Anyways, the internet would be an unbelievable thing for Elvis and I'm sure he would love it, it would totally amaze him.

3. I'm not sure. Anyways I don't really understand how the "rights" work. For example why I can find a movie, or a concert scene on YT, why it can stay there and another one has to be deleted. This is strange for me. It would be great if there would be more footages about him in good quality, because Elvis' footages and songs would deserve the best sound and picture quality. Anyways those who worked on the "68 Comeback" and the "Aloha From Hawaii" deluxe edition DVDs, they did a wonderful job, these are the things what really can keep his memory alive and show who he was (for the new generations).

Unchained Melody
09-30-2008, 05:39 AM
No
Both
I'm Not Sure