PDA

View Full Version : America (FTD) - Steve Barile Sets The Record Straight!

Unchained Melody
09-24-2008, 10:45 PM
According to the apparently irrational and tone-deaf message board heads, 1976 was not a very good year for Elvis. The most common comments are usually along the lines of him being fat, lazy and musically repetitive. At this particular juncture, if I may, I’d like to address and briefly dissect the above derogatory labels. Dare I suggest to the fat-phobics that on his worst day, Elvis looked better than most on their best! He could always tap into his vocal brilliance on command and the extra poundage couldn’t diminish the thrilling and unique presence of his aura.

Given Elvis’ physical and mental state during 1976 and 1977, one could surely make a very strong case against laziness. He worked at touring America with a fervor including stints in Vegas and Tahoe and managed to record more than an album’s worth of fine music all during these last years of his life. The “lazy” label no longer seems to apply.

Although Elvis’ chosen set-list of 1976 can be labeled repetitious, Elvis cannot! He never sang the same song the same way twice! This concept is exhibited and proven on “America,” the bulk of which was recorded in Omaha, Nebraska during the first part of 1976 and was intended to serve as a demo for the background singers. Despite the unbalanced mix, the disc is chock full of superb vocals by Elvis and with the ability to set aside the calamities of the mind and the obtrusive mix, concentration on Elvis is not only possible but required for optimum appreciation.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/barile_take13.html (http://www.elvis-collectors.com/barile_take13.html)

Me, I agree with the points Steve makes. (y)

elvisfan92
09-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Same Here god i just hate when people Here Elvis' Name and say oh the fat dead guy god so in that moment i'm like Elvis was fat the last two years of his life and for forty years he was a white skinny boy so why can't they just see that they just based him on his last years but its all the media's fault because that hous they depict Elvis In every Cartoon, sitcom, series, Etc.

SatninLove
09-25-2008, 10:36 PM
God how can somebody say that about a person..That what I hate about people and Elvis..Somehow Elvis is almost always classified as that big person that ate 300 peanut butter banana sandwhiches at a time...urghh...I got in a fight over that the other day.lol.
-SatninLove

SatninLove
09-25-2008, 10:37 PM
I think one of Elvis' best times vocally was the 75-77 period...
-SatninLove

elvisfan92
09-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Same Here yeah me too especially w/my bro but know since he knows more about him because of me he doesn't say disrespectful comment about Elvis

Unchained Melody
09-26-2008, 12:07 AM
I think one of Elvis' best times vocally was the 75-77 period...
-SatninLove

Elvis' vocals from 75-77 can in no way shape or form even begin to compare in the same league as that of his vocal efforts from 68-74 :doh:

nolvis
09-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Somebody finally saying it like it was and is!!!!! I thought that I was the only one who could see the light,now that's scary!(lol) Elvis' vocal's were supreme and superb in all facet's and times of his career!!!!! And his amazing charm,aura,talent and charisma was with him alway's!!!!!!!!!!

SatninLove
09-26-2008, 05:21 AM
Yes,but his vocals in that time period are not as awful as some people make them out to be... of course those people are not Elvis fans...The average person is what i'm trying to say...
-SatninLove

Miss Clawdy
09-26-2008, 05:51 AM
Great article, thank you Brad! As Steve said:

“Elvis – How Great Thou Art.” (y)

SatninLove
09-26-2008, 05:53 AM
Great article, thank you Brad! As Steve said:

“Elvis – How Great Thou Art.” (y)

Yes Col.Jon Burrows!Great article!I always love your posts!(y):D
-SatninLove

poormansgold
09-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Here We go again ... We love to Find out real happened To Elvis, We can say 1,000 things about it, we getting same anwsers over and over...
I'm 47 old I see my body change last 10 years , I lost 50 lbs back in 2000, now i'm Over weight , It's Something I'm Not proud of, It's hard Get off this Time, plus It hard get your mind set to lose the weight you getting older, with Elvis He Have alot Stress In his life , One This keep his self Good shape. another is performer at his best for the fans, I think he try Do that All Time he forget about himself.
I can talk More About this , I'm Not because I don't want No one say bad things , I want Remember Elvis as oneof people That falling From grace at their young life.

Tom

Kinga Piotrowska
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
"America" FTD is really great release!
I have listened to it lately and like it very, very much.

"He never sang the same song the same way twice! This concept is exhibited
and proven on “America".

Yes, he sure never did.

Thank You for the article,Brad. Sincerely Kinga

P.S. Pay attention to the background singers vocals, please. It`s amazing!

Unchained Melody
09-30-2008, 02:31 AM
P.S. Pay attention to the background singers vocals, please. It`s amazing!

Yeah especially on If You Love Me (Let Me Know).
Glad you all liked the article (y)