PDA

View Full Version : Elvis is Back?

Menwithbrokenhearts
09-20-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi everyone.. It has been soooo long since I posted a thread on here but I had to tell you guys this cute story.
My 4 year old son just started getting into Elvis and his favorite cd is Elvis Is Back. He listens to it over and over dancing and singing. Well the other day he brings the cd over to me and asks me what it says. I told him the name of the cd was "Elvis is Back"
Suddenly his eyes got real wide and he said very seriously and in awe" Whoa Dad, you mean Elvis died and then came back to life and made a cd?" He was totally serious.
Stiffling a chuckle I told him the real reason it was called that and he looked at me as if to say "Well my story was way cooler than that" Popped the cd in and went back to dancin!

Elvisgirl
09-20-2008, 12:06 PM
aaww that was the cutest story ever. thanks for sharing

Diane
09-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Kids are amazing and so literal. That was a cute story.

Reminds me of when our son was around that age and my husband mentioned hunting dogs and our son asked with a frown "when are we going hunting dogs Dad?"

Diane

john carpenter
09-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah my boy was around 5 years old and we pulled up outside a shop on our way to a vacation one summer.
The sign outside said "Open 24 hours".

My boy thought it was a waste of effort to build a place like that and put all those things in it just to be open for one day.:lmfao::lmfao:Now that was cute! My nephew used to stand on my bed a pretend he was Elvis..i have it on video..i put Elvis on and he grabbed a sqeezy (kids drink) bottle like a microphone and he shook his legs and was singing:lmfao::lmfao:He told me recently (he's 17 now) to burn the video because it embarassed him!:lmfao:

Unchained Melody
09-20-2008, 05:36 PM
My boy thought it was a waste of effort to build a place like that and put all those things in it just to be open for one day.

Now that's pretty funny :lmfao:

franny
09-20-2008, 05:53 PM
That's a really cute story. :lol: Thanks, for sharing. (y)

franny

Elvisgirl
09-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah my boy was around 5 years old and we pulled up outside a shop on our way to a vacation one summer.
The sign outside said "Open 24 hours".

My boy thought it was a waste of effort to build a place like that and put all those things in it just to be open for one day.

:lmfao::lmfao:

rhythmknights
09-22-2008, 03:20 AM
Hi everyone.. It has been soooo long since I posted a thread on here but I had to tell you guys this cute story.
My 4 year old son just started getting into Elvis and his favorite cd is Elvis Is Back. He listens to it over and over dancing and singing. Well the other day he brings the cd over to me and asks me what it says. I told him the name of the cd was "Elvis is Back"
Suddenly his eyes got real wide and he said very seriously and in awe" Whoa Dad, you mean Elvis died and then came back to life and made a cd?" He was totally serious.
Stiffling a chuckle I told him the real reason it was called that and he looked at me as if to say "Well my story was way cooler than that" Popped the cd in and went back to dancin!

great story and welcome back! and personally, i like the little guy's story better, too!:lmfao::lmfao:

MojoElvis
09-22-2008, 03:37 AM

Cool story, thanks for sharing.

Raised on Rock
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Well, his story was way cooler indeed, lol, thanks for sharing this.

Wendy56
09-23-2008, 02:04 AM
Cute stories there... oh kids, kids... Thanks for sharing them. :-)

Menwithbrokenhearts
09-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm glad you guys liked it. thanks for all the comments! And all the other cute stories! We've been keeping a journal of cute things they say like that so we don't forget. I love when they take things literally like that! Ah, the wisdom of a child.....

SleepyJack
09-24-2008, 06:30 PM
He has remarkably good taste in music for such a young age!.....Thanks for the story...priceless!!(y):D

beckelvis
09-24-2008, 07:30 PM
thanks for sharing,itīs a very nice history:)