PDA

View Full Version : Elvis The Concert In Holland

AronNL
10-07-2004, 08:26 AM
:clap:

April 27th, Ahoy!, Rotterdam... Be There!!

April 26th, Vorst, Brussels!...

These will be the only shows on the mainland in Europe, other shows only in England and Scotland!.

(y)

elvis1970nl
10-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Just believe me Aron.

I Will be there !!!!!!!!!

(y)

Sonny
10-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Count me in!

Who else from Holland is goin to Ahoy?

Sonny

Pieterpix
10-08-2004, 12:11 PM
I'm going to Ahoy - Yeahhhhhhhhhhh for the second time :wiggle:

Elvos
10-08-2004, 09:52 PM
(y) (y) I...Illll be Theeere.Whenever storm clouds gather.... (y) (y)

Mez
10-08-2004, 09:56 PM
is there anyone going from Scotland?.....I quite fancy going- tempted to get my mum a ticket for her christmas, she loves Elvis as much as I do :D

AronNL
10-08-2004, 10:18 PM
(y) (y) I...Illll be Theeere.Whenever storm clouds gather.... (y) (y)

filled to the brim, we call on him

why don't we call on him, to come to Ahoy! Rotterdam,

and then we sing along with him and thank him while we pray! :lol:

P.S. Annie
10-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Just bought my tickets this morning for Rotterdam, first I had seats for row 9 but something went wrong with there computer, so I had to start over again, :angry: now it's row 20. But it is still great my daughter and hubby wanted to come along to (y), cant wait until 27th of April. Maybe the ones that are going can meet up somewhere???? Maybe we should PM

Sonny
10-09-2004, 12:26 PM

I got my tickets this morning as well!

I guess I had similar problems Annie... A new computersystem or something and it didn't go exactly as planned.

But hey, we've got the tickets and that's the most important thing!

Sonny

Jungleroom76
10-10-2004, 02:46 AM
YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY!!! :wiggle:

I had SECOND ROW tickets to see "Elvis - The Concert" in Syracuse, N.Y. a few years ago and the show wound up being CANCELLED due to poor ticket sales! :'(

I was SO upset, and now it seems that EPE really has no further interest in taking the show out on any more tours here in the U.S., which is really sad! :'(

But I am SO excited for everyone who has tickets to see the shows in Europe! I've seen some video footage of the show, and it looks SPECTACULAR!!!

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME, AND WILL TELL US ALL ABOUT IT AFTER THE SHOW!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

P.S. Annie
10-10-2004, 08:11 AM

I got my tickets this morning as well!

I guess I had similar problems Annie... A new computersystem or something and it didn't go exactly as planned.

But hey, we've got the tickets and that's the most important thing!

Sonny

You're right Sonny :D it is (y) Wish it was april allready!

P.S. Annie
10-10-2004, 08:14 AM
YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY!!! :wiggle:

I had SECOND ROW tickets to see "Elvis - The Concert" in Syracuse, N.Y. a few years ago and the show wound up being CANCELLED due to poor ticket sales! :'(

I was SO upset, and now it seems that EPE really has no further interest in taking the show out on any more tours here in the U.S., which is really sad! :'(

But I am SO excited for everyone who has tickets to see the shows in Europe! I've seen some video footage of the show, and it looks SPECTACULAR!!!

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME, AND WILL TELL US ALL ABOUT IT AFTER THE SHOW!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Hi Mike,

Strange that they don't tour the US anymore :supriced: Hope they will change their mind about it. But in the meantime we keep you posted!

Jungleroom76
10-12-2004, 12:52 AM
THANKS P.S. ANNIE!!! (y)

My guess would be that the reason "Elvis - The Concert" doesn't tour the U.S. anymore is because the show doesn't sell as well here, as it does overseas (that's why the Syracuse show I was supposed to see was cancelled -- poor ticket sales).

And, of course we all know that if EPE can't make a killing in profits on something, they just don't bother to waste any time on it! Hence the reason (in my opinion) that "Elvis - The Concert" only tours overseas these days!

But, despite my disappointment that EPE doesn't seem to care about running the show here in the U.S. anymore, I find that it is VERY exciting that they at least continue to run the show overseas, for a couple of reasons....one, it keeps the show out there in the spotlight, and two, it allows fans in other countries who might not have the means to come to the U.S. to visit Graceland to at least enjoy the "Elvis Experience" to some degree!

I guess it's all good, right? Anyway, I hope you have a GREAT time at the show and can't wait to hear all about it!! (h)

TCB!
Mike

Sonny
10-12-2004, 04:48 PM
It's very good, my friend!

Annie and me sure will tell you guys all about it!

Sonny

Pieterpix
10-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh i've got my ticket today

http://members.home.nl/elvis4u/elvis4u%20(9).JPG

Greetingssss from Pieter

NightRider
10-12-2004, 10:38 PM
THANKS P.S. ANNIE!!! (y)

My guess would be that the reason "Elvis - The Concert" doesn't tour the U.S. anymore is because the show doesn't sell as well here, as it does overseas (that's why the Syracuse show I was supposed to see was cancelled -- poor ticket sales).

And, of course we all know that if EPE can't make a killing in profits on something, they just don't bother to waste any time on it! Hence the reason (in my opinion) that "Elvis - The Concert" only tours overseas these days!

But, despite my disappointment that EPE doesn't seem to care about running the show here in the U.S. anymore, I find that it is VERY exciting that they at least continue to run the show overseas, for a couple of reasons....one, it keeps the show out there in the spotlight, and two, it allows fans in other countries who might not have the means to come to the U.S. to visit Graceland to at least enjoy the "Elvis Experience" to some degree!

I guess it's all good, right? Anyway, I hope you have a GREAT time at the show and can't wait to hear all about it!! (h)

TCB!
Mike

Sure is a shame and to a certain extent a suprise that they no longer do the US.
I would have thought that it would still hold plenty enough appeal :blink:

I have my tickets for the NEC Birmingham...recieved them this morning....and this will be my third time. I have to say that i am probably more excited this time than the previous occasions.

The first time i went...i wasn't sure how well it would come across. A little bit dubious as to whether i would like the way it was done. I still know big Elvis fans who won't go...because they fear that it will not be what they would want it to be.

For anyone with the same feelings....don't have. Go...you will love it....just as i did. ( so much so...that i wouldn't want to miss it now :P )
It was a terrific night. Fans...both young and old enjoying what has to be the closest thing we would ever get to an actual show.....

You are right, of course Mike, it does keep the name in the public eye....it can only be good news that they are touring again.

I just hope that it won't be the last time :'(

Jungleroom76
10-13-2004, 02:08 AM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh i've got my ticket today

http://members.home.nl/elvis4u/elvis4u%20(9).JPG

Greetingssss from Pieter

WOW PIETER!!!! (y)

Now THAT is one cool looking ticket!!! (h)

Thanks for sharing that with us!!
TCB!
Mike

Jungleroom76
10-13-2004, 02:12 AM
You are right, of course Mike, it does keep the name in the public eye....it can only be good news that they are touring again.

I just hope that it won't be the last time :'(

I hope not either, Night Rider! :hmm:

But, it does make you wonder how much longer the band members will want to continue touring. While I am sure they love being out there with the fans, all of them are getting older and might be looking toward retirement. And, of course, if even one of them decides to hang up their instrument, then it would probably signal the end of "Elvis - The Concert", I would guess.

But let's hope that it doesn't happen for many years to come!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

NightRider
10-13-2004, 09:24 AM

But, it does make you wonder how much longer the band members will want to continue touring. While I am sure they love being out there with the fans, all of them are getting older and might be looking toward retirement. And, of course, if even one of them decides to hang up their instrument, then it would probably signal the end of "Elvis - The Concert", I would guess.

TCB!
Mike

Yep...i guess you are right Mike....they cannot continue forever, and i would suspect that this will be the last time :'(

But...at least they have done it....something that was never expected years ago......we have been given the oportunity to see a very small glimpse of what it may have been like.

P.S. Annie
10-13-2004, 08:38 PM

TCB!
Mike

Let's hope, but somehow I dont think it will be years, I've met them twice this year, and both times they looked tired and they also say they are very tired. They still like to play but I'm not sure if they can/will keep touring like they are now.

By the way Pieter and Sonny, I got my tickets to yesterday and Pieter I'm on row 20 so we are close, we can wave to each other :lol:

EP4MEUK
10-13-2004, 09:26 PM
I also have my tickets for Elvis the Concert for May 2005 I have good seats too,but I would not care either way good seats or bad just being there in the presence of all those that love him too and the atmosphere will be enough I just can not wait....I am so excited. Anyone here from the Northwest of the UK going? Don't know how the ticket sales are going but they are still on sale,I just hope it does not get cancelled :(

love and peace,
Susan.

P.S. Annie
10-13-2004, 09:29 PM
I also have my tickets for Elvis the Concert for May 2005 I have good seats too,but I would not care either way good seats or bad just being there in the presence of all those that love him too and the atmosphere will be enough I just can not wait....Susan.

Yeah I think that will be awsome, being with so many Elvis fans, it's the first time I'm going I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaly looking forward to it. :clap:

Jungleroom76
10-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Yep...i guess you are right Mike....they cannot continue forever, and i would suspect that this will be the last time :'(

But...at least they have done it....something that was never expected years ago......we have been given the oportunity to see a very small glimpse of what it may have been like.

VERY TRUE NIGHT RIDER!! Who would have ever guessed that, over 20 years after his death, Elvis was still selling out arenas all around the world? :hmm:

But, you might be right about this being the last time the band members will tour....as P.S. Annie pointed out, when she met them twice this year, they looked and commented on how tired they were. Truly a shame if this is the last tour for the band, but it has been a GREAT run for sure!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Pieterpix
10-14-2004, 10:56 AM
Now THAT is one cool looking ticket!!!
Thanks Jungleroom, Elvis is proud for me, that's i've got the ticket ;)

Pieter I'm on row 20 so we are close,we can wave to each other
That is funny PSA,then i can see almost the back of your head,and not known who the real PSA is (h) maybe i'm recognised you,and shall i wave to you :clap:

http://www.pieterpix.nl/pieterpix%20(4).jpg

Greetings to everybody - Pieterpix :D

P.S. Annie
10-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Pieter, just look for the picture in the who are we thread :D

P.S. Annie
10-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Just read that they allready sold half the tickets available for the concert. (h) Mojo is very surprised of this overwhelming reaction........... well we are not :clap:

Pieterpix
10-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Pieter, just look for the picture in the who are we thread :D

Hi PSA i saw your picture :D i'm in page 13 of that thread

Greetings From Pieterpix

http://members.home.nl/elvis4u/elvis4u%20(2).jpg

P.S. Annie
10-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Hi Pieter just had a look at your picture :D See you then!

Jungleroom76
10-16-2004, 12:37 AM
Thanks Jungleroom, Elvis is proud for me, that's i've got the ticket ;)

VERY COOL INDEED PIETERPIX!!! :worthy:

TCB!
Mike