PDA

View Full Version : Exceptional auction coming up

presley31
09-12-2008, 11:27 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r264/Backstrom2003/1_20080912221855.jpg

Up for sale at the next Heritage Auction on October 4th are 119 Elvis items, including stage suits worn by Elvis (see picture of the 2 piece Vegas suit, est. at 125.000 $US), outfits of JD Sumner, JD's TCB (estimated at 60.000 $US), rings, watches, photo negatives, contracts, and much more - even Elvis's piano used Used to compose the Song "I Miss You (est. 45.000 $US) goes on the block. All items are up for auction on October 4th. Click the link for the catalogue.

Auction catalogue: http://entertainment.ha.com/common/search_items.php?chkAuctions=1&chkInventory=1&chkPABS=0&Sale_No=&special=&cboDenomination=&cboService=&cboFromGrade=&cboToGrade=&hdnProof=&Consignor_No=&txtSearch=elvis&sort=&optGlobalSearch=&chkCoinsOrCurrency=&chkSupplies=&on

franny
09-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Thanks, for posting Jen. Wow, more Elvis items up for sale..119 :blink:

franny

SleepyJack
09-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Think I`ll have to pass on this one......even the FTD releases are expensive for poor ol` Jack`s pocket!!!.......:D:D

elvisfan92
09-13-2008, 01:29 AM
thanks for posting wow that sounds awesome

rickb
09-13-2008, 02:40 AM
I'd love some of that stuff but I will warn everyone that Heritage Auctions are very difficult to deal with. Be wary that they add a buyer's premium and charge huge postage.
I consigned two movie posters to them for sale but they both finished more than $1000 under their estimates, they stuffed up the restoration bill and then stuffed up my account.
I have bought things from them and they have charged me twice for postage and used my credit card without aurthorisation.
I have a series of apologies from them - all from diffferent people as their communication system is haphazard to say the least.\rick

franny
09-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Thanks, for the warning rickb. I have never dealt with them, but after hearing this, I never will :lol:

franny

hounddog
09-14-2008, 07:37 AM
even Elvis's piano used Used to compose the Song "I Miss You"

Was I Miss You written for Elvis?

Diane
09-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Now that piano is something I would really want! But it still upsets me to see his things go up for auction. The should all be on display at Graceland.

Diane

utmom2008
09-14-2008, 06:54 PM
If I had a spare $20,000 laying around I would LOVE to have that star saphirre ring. I have always thought that was gorgeous!
I agree with you Diane...I hate to see his things go on the auction block.:blink::sad::blush:

And I still don't understand how the "cigar butt" came to be.:doh::supriced::doh:
Thanks for the warning Rick.(y)

midnight
09-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I feel really sad when I see Elvis` stuff up for auction! Bits and pieces of his life scattered all over the place just do not feel right. I wonder who is selling these things and if they are all truly Elvis`. If I was down to my last dime and and to beg for money, I would never get rid of anything that Elvis once owned.:blush:

presley31
09-15-2008, 04:07 PM
I'd love some of that stuff but I will warn everyone that Heritage Auctions are very difficult to deal with. Be wary that they add a buyer's premium and charge huge postage.
I consigned two movie posters to them for sale but they both finished more than $1000 under their estimates, they stuffed up the restoration bill and then stuffed up my account.
I have bought things from them and they have charged me twice for postage and used my credit card without aurthorisation.
I have a series of apologies from them - all from diffferent people as their communication system is haphazard to say the least.\rick

Thanks for the warning rick(y)(y)

MissyM
09-16-2008, 02:11 PM
As long as it's a reputable dealer, I don't mind things being auctioned at all. I truely feel anything that can end up in the hands of a fan is great. I thing they charish his belongings more than any people. He was so giving and caring that I think he'd be happy with them having his things and passing them on to family. Elvis always gave his fans so much credit and wanted to give back to them. I see this as a way of that going on forever.

Teddy
09-16-2008, 03:56 PM
And I still don't understand how the "cigar butt" came to be.:doh::supriced::doh:

Is that the cigar butt that he allegedly left at Ginger's mom's house?
I'd forgotten about that! :lol:

presley31
09-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Is that the cigar butt that he allegedly left at Ginger's mom's house?
I'd forgotten about that! :lol:

I think l shook my head for a couple weeks after seeing that teddy:blink::blink:

Diane
09-17-2008, 12:50 AM
You and me both Jen. I'm expecting fingernail clippings next or god forbid, a used kleenex.....ugh!:blink::doh:

Diane