PDA

View Full Version : Wow

SeeSeeRider777
08-20-2008, 11:39 PM
This video made me real sad. I dont know why.

Vt_9N_xQeQU

shelley.m.
08-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Sad Indeed.

LtCarman
08-21-2008, 04:33 AM
Not as sad as this in my opinion (Was this supposed to be a joke or was he just in poor heath? I have heard both sides of the story.):

A_zcac8KX8g

SeeSeeRider777
08-21-2008, 04:45 AM
Live on Stage, Elvis most of the time messed around with Are You Lonesome Tonight. But he did forget My Way and needed the words, to a song he sang a million times.

utmom2008
08-21-2008, 05:02 AM
This video made me real sad. I dont know why.

I completely agree with you Joe. I was stunned when I saw this for the first time back in '77. It made me so sad because I had seen him do this several times, and it was always a "highlight" of the show. I often wondered what others thought of this.:blink::blink::blink::sad:

SeeSeeRider777
08-21-2008, 05:10 AM
I completely agree with you Joe. I was stunned when I saw this for the first time back in '77. It made me so sad because I had seen him do this several times, and it was always a "highlight" of the show. I often wondered what others thought of this.:blink::blink::blink::sad:

Yeah I just saw that today and that video of "I Dont Want to Know" made me real sad especially at the end. He looked so sad and sick there.

Dudcowboy_1
08-21-2008, 06:46 AM
Well, I do have disagree Charlie and few others I've done shows with. Said he really knew the words to My Way, but he was afraid of messing up one or two words so he had the words there just incase. Kinda like for Aloha Special he had words on big poster board because he did not want mess up the words.

Like I do at my shows every show I do, I have note book of every song and if I feel like I'm going mess it up or etc. Does not help I'm a perfectionist but...LOL

Love to all,
Tim

EnigmaticSun
08-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Indeedy Tim. I think some are trying to exaggerate the decline of Elvis' mental powers.

And err.. He still stood tall singing.

Unchained Melody
08-23-2008, 09:38 PM
This song was a highlight for much of his shows from 1977 love the version from EIC as well. The rapid city version anways.(y)

Diane
08-23-2008, 11:12 PM
That last period of Elvis' life only makes me feel sad because he looks so ill yet his voice is still beautiful and you get a lot of flashes in his face that shows him as he was in his prime. I keep saying "he's still there, he's still there".

Diane

TotallyInsane
08-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I just watched that - it made my heart hurt!

elvisia
08-23-2008, 11:43 PM
That last period of Elvis' life only makes me feel sad because he looks so ill yet his voice is still beautiful and you get a lot of flashes in his face that shows him as he was in his prime. I keep saying "he's still there, he's still there".

Diane
Well said Diane... I agree in all you just said.

I actually don`t think this is the saddest part of "In concert" you can see that he is enjoying singing this song and it sounds just beautiful..

MissyM
08-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Dude, you sound exactly like my hubs. He always has his notebook in front of him. It's easy to loose tract of all the words when you've sung hundreds of words. And it still happens at times because looking up and down sometimes your eyes don't go back to the right line. And OMG perfectionist is the word for my hubs. Yet, all you can do when you mess up is laugh it off and get on with it.

TotallyInsane
08-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Dude, you sound exactly like my hubs. He always has his notebook in front of him. It's easy to loose tract of all the words when you've sung hundreds of words. And it still happens at times because looking up and down sometimes your eyes don't go back to the right line. And OMG perfectionist is the word for my hubs. Yet, all you can do when you mess up is laugh it off and get on with it.

Is your husband an ETA?

beckelvis
08-24-2008, 01:39 PM
I Thinh That Is Enjoying That Song That Is So Beautiful,but Also Looks Discourage It Is A Pity

MissyM
08-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Eta???????

fillaelvis
08-24-2008, 07:27 PM

Diane

He did look ill, yes but actually he was in good health. It was not so bad as it looked.

Unchained Melody
08-25-2008, 05:44 AM
He did look ill, yes but actually he was in good health. It was not so bad as it looked.

Are you serious ?

The man would be dead 6 weeks later. Obviously he was in really poor condition health wise my friend. Are you new in the Elvis world :hmm: