PDA

View Full Version : Glady's Funeral

Unchained Melody
08-16-2008, 04:50 AM
There are some new never before seen photos with the exception of very few and family member of the Presley's that have provided me with some 8x10's of Gladys funeral, vernon at and in the pool at Graceland in 1960 etc. Im not here to brag or anything to that matter I have been asked not to show these as they will be going around here really soon all over the net i'm sure but I'm here to say they will blow you away I bout ***** myself when I seen the ones of Gladys funeral so close up and you can see Elvis in one. Really amazing.

shelley.m.
08-16-2008, 05:27 AM
Not to be morbid or anything but those pictures would be worth seeing after all these years.Thanks for the info Col.J.B.

Unchained Melody
08-16-2008, 05:28 AM
Nothing morbid about it imo. Its not showing her body, just the casket before the end of the funeral outside with the casket closed and the flowers and stuff are on top of the casket. In the photos you can see Elvis, billy smith, and also if you look hard enough nick adams.

shelley.m.
08-16-2008, 05:31 AM
No!Some people just don't go in for that kind of stuff is what I mean.

Unchained Melody
08-16-2008, 05:32 AM
I'm sure people are going to really enjoy them all ! Its not all from the funeral, theres shots from Tupelo 56 and more ! :notworthy

shelley.m.
08-16-2008, 05:34 AM
Sounds good.Thanks! Brad.

presley31
08-16-2008, 03:51 PM
There are some new never before seen photos with the exception of very few and family member of the Presley's that have provided me with some 8x10's of Gladys funeral, vernon at and in the pool at Graceland in 1960 etc. Im not here to brag or anything to that matter I have been asked not to show these as they will be going around here really soon all over the net i'm sure but I'm here to say they will blow you away I bout ***** myself when I seen the ones of Gladys funeral so close up and you can see Elvis in one. Really amazing.

Sorry but if you can't show them than why even mention it:hmm: ElvisNet2000(Joe) did the same thing and thats not fair to say l have pictures but l can't show them.

utmom2008
08-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Sorry but if you can't show them than why even mention it:hmm: ElvisNet2000(Joe) did the same thing and thats not fair to say l have pictures but l can't show them.

Sorry Bradley....but I'm going with Jen on this one.I know that you would never want to appear as a braggart, but it does come across a touch in that direction. If we have something that we have no intention of sharing with our fellow TCB'ers...maybe it's best left unsaid.:blink::blush:

Tommy
08-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Sorry Bradley....but I'm going with Jen on this one.I know that you would never want to appear as a braggart, but it does come across a touch in that direction. If we have something that we have no intention of sharing with our fellow TCB'ers...maybe it's best left unsaid.:blink::blush:

I agree (y)

Diane
08-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Sorry Brad but I have to agree too. I'm sure you just weren't thinking when you posted that and I hope that you're right and that these pictures will appear on this site so we can all see them.

Diane

Unchained Melody
08-16-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry it come across that way guys i didnt mean to i just wanted to tell you to be on the lookout they will be on the net by monday and you will see the same thing i seen. I didnt get to see the large ones they were just small previews (y)

ELVIS2001NET
08-16-2008, 07:53 PM
You will be able to see them on Monday.
plus i told people it would take a while to have permission to view them.
one interview turned out to be three interviews.

Joe K
www.elvis2001.net

Unchained Melody
08-16-2008, 08:05 PM

Joe K
www.elvis2001.net (http://www.elvis2001.net)

Like I said people will be blown away at this stuff :notworthy:notworthy(y)

Diane
08-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks Brad and Joe...anxious to see them.

Diane

Elvisgirl
08-17-2008, 01:12 PM
I agree (y)
i agree too. besides, i wouldn't want to see those pics :(

MissyM
08-17-2008, 05:22 PM
To me he just sounded excited for some fans that may want to see them. It's seem there are less and less new photos all the time. Whatever happened to Joe E's home videos?

utmom2008
08-17-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry it come across that way guys i didnt mean to i just wanted to tell you to be on the lookout they will be on the net by monday and you will see the same thing i seen. I didnt get to see the large ones they were just small previews (y)

I KNOW that's not how you meant it, but I'm glad you cleared that up for others who may not know you as well as some of us do. Not everyone knows that you are just a little "teddy bear" at heart.:lol::lol: (y)(y)

MojoElvis
08-17-2008, 09:01 PM

I agree with you guys on this.
Is this the Teaser to trying to get them published or sell them on here one by one?
Just wondering cause this topic was brought up a few months ago and still no photos. Would be nice to see, but I also CAN live without them. It saddens me enough to see Elvis crying with his dad on Graceland's steps. My mother died and I can relate to that pain.
Elvis' mother dying I believe not only changed his focus on his career the will to succeed more with his acting and his decision making on getting involved with certain people, like Priscilla, who was nothing like his mom. In fact, I'm pretty sure she would've talked him out of the whole mess.

utmom2008
08-17-2008, 09:12 PM
ElvisNet2000(Joe) did the same thing and thats not fair to say l have pictures but l can't show them.

Joe K
www.elvis2001.net

Just wondering cause this topic was brought up a few months ago and still no photos.

Now we play the "wait and see" game I guess....:hmm::huh::huh::doh:

Unchained Melody
08-17-2008, 09:16 PM
To me he just sounded excited for some fans that may want to see them. It's seem there are less and less new photos all the time. Whatever happened to Joe E's home videos?

That's all it was really. Keep a look out on Joe's site www.elvis2001.net (http://www.elvis2001.net) (y)

And for those of you who say you don't want to see them, you will change your mind when you do, who wouldn't want to see such things.

Tommy
08-17-2008, 10:53 PM
So in another words, you have no photos, it's Joe's site that will one day.:blink:

Oh well, on to the next subject! :yawn:

Unchained Melody
08-18-2008, 03:52 AM
Hi there Tommy (y)(y)

No pal I don't have the photo's but they were shown to me by a fellow Elvis fan and i was sworn to secrecy that I wouldn't post them as they are going to be available out there on the net very soon !:notworthy

utmom2008
08-18-2008, 03:57 AM
No pal I don't have the photo's but they were shown to me by a fellow Elvis fan and i was sworn to secrecy that I wouldn't post them as they are going to be available out there on the net very soon !:notworthy

Ohhhhhh...so you have been having a secret rendevous with an undercover Elvis agent.;);););)

Unchained Melody
08-18-2008, 04:05 AM
Ohhhhhh...so you have been having a secret rendevous with an undercover Elvis agent.;);););)

No just a member from here :)

ELVIS2001NET
08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
you can now go here and see the photos of Gladys funeral and other photos that were taken at the 56 Tupelo Concert.
http://www.elvis2001.net/roots%20of%20elvis%20presley%20interview.htm
enjoy.
Joe K
www.elvis2001.net

ELVIS2001NET
08-18-2008, 01:31 PM
I agree with you guys on this.
Is this the Teaser to trying to get them published or sell them on here one by one?
Just wondering cause this topic was brought up a few months ago and still no photos. Would be nice to see, but I also CAN live without them. It saddens me enough to see Elvis crying with his dad on Graceland's steps. My mother died and I can relate to that pain.
Elvis' mother dying I believe not only changed his focus on his career the will to succeed more with his acting and his decision making on getting involved with certain people, like Priscilla, who was nothing like his mom. In fact, I'm pretty sure she would've talked him out of the whole mess.

No they are not for sale. guess you dont know everything.
it saddens me to see what has happened to the Elvis world.

joe k
www.elvis2001.net

midnight
08-18-2008, 02:20 PM
I really don't know what to say except thanks for sharing them with us. Very touching photos. You look back on it now and Elvis was really just a kid when his mom died. She died at the time when he really needed her. Elvis and his mom had identical coffins. Am I right about that? Thanks again for letting us see them . It is very much appreciated! Just makes one realize how much stuff is out there that we have not seen yet!!! Kim

ELVIS2001NET
08-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Cadillac King
You are very welcome. Yes they were both in identical copper coffins. I don,t think Elvis ever got over losing his mom. In the one picture when you see the backs of two men . the man on the left is Nick Adams.
Joe Krein
www.elvis2001.net
Elvis live at the Sahara Tahoe

presley31
08-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Finally the pictures are here, thanks for posting. I still gonna say though it be nice for people not to mention about pictures till there in your hand and you can post them cause its just not right saying l have seen them, but l can't post them.

ELVIS2001NET
08-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Finally the pictures are here, thanks for posting. I still gonna say though it be nice for people not to mention about pictures till there in your hand and you can post them cause its just not right saying l have seen them, but l can't post them.

You know this message board is starting to remind me of another one i know. If you only knew what i had to go thru for you all to see them . so i get them for you.and i still get a message like the above.
geezz

Joe KREIN
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET
ELVIS LIVE AT THE SAHARA TAHOE:'(

Diane
08-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Thank you Joe I really enjoyed seeing the photos of Gladys funeral. (y)

Diane

jak
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
You know this message board is starting to remind me of another one i know. If you only knew what i had to go thru for you all to see them . so i get them for you.and i still get a message like the above.
geezz

Joe KREIN
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

The Elvis world has changed so much over the years.None of it in a good way as far as Im concerned.Many here probably dont know what that means because they were not around.Anyways, I appreciatte your efforts as do many others.

midnight
08-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Joe please remember ,we do appreciate what you have done at least i do!!

presley31
08-18-2008, 03:37 PM
geezz

Joe KREIN
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

I didn't say l was blaming you cause you did send me a email about these pictures about a month ago when you said you didn't know if you should post them or not so l was guesing you were alittle worried people would claim them as they are theres, so don't take it as l was thowing daggers at you cause l wasn't at all.

WaterMermaid
08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks Joe, I really enjoyed seeing the pictures! They are very moving.

Brian
08-18-2008, 04:35 PM
geezz

Joe KREIN
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

Hey Joe haven't seen you in a while, how are you?

I would like to thank you for posting the pictures that way the people that want to see them can.

Stryx
08-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Good photos of Gladys funeral.

Something which I am sure has been covered before and it may be in Elaine Dundy's book, but who were the pallbearers for Gladys Presley?

franny
08-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Didn't Red Wests' mother also pass away the same day as Glady's, I think I read that somewhere...

Thank you for the pics, Joe.

franny

Stryx
08-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Reds father I believe and it was the day after I think he died. Elvis did go to the funeral home to pay his respects.

ELVIS2001NET
08-18-2008, 04:54 PM
IT DOES NOT MENTION THE PALL BEARERS IN HER BOOK.
JOE K
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

franny
08-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Reds father I believe and it was the day after I think he died. Elvis did go to the funeral home to pay his respects.

Thanks, Stryx. (y)
Tough time for the both of them :'(

franny

kathy parkinson
08-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Thank you Joe for publishing these photo's, it was very good of you.

ELVIS2001NET
08-18-2008, 05:05 PM
YOU ARE VERY WELCOME.
YOU SHOULD ALSO CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS UNDER THE MACKEY HARGETT INTERVIEW.

http://www.elvis2001.net/Mackie%20Hargett%20Interview%20with%20Joe%20Krein. htm
jOE k
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

Stryx
08-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Yeah very tough

Thanks, Stryx. (y)
Tough time for the both of them :'(

franny

utmom2008
08-18-2008, 06:01 PM
The Elvis world has changed so much over the years.None of it in a good way as far as Im concerned.Many here probably dont know what that means because they were not around.Anyways, I appreciatte your efforts as do many others.

You are so right Jak...and some of us walk on eggshells with those that were not around. The last impression I want to give is "I saw him and you didn't". Makes me wonder what the Elvis world will be like in another 10 years.:hmm::hmm:

Joe please remember ,we do appreciate what you have done at least i do!!

Me too!(y) Thanks for sharing the pictures Joe!(y)(y)

john carpenter
08-18-2008, 06:17 PM
I would like to see the other pics of Gladys Presley's funeral..if they exist? That is like telling a child "I have pictures of Santa Clause coming down our chimney but you can't see them! It's not out of morbid curiousity it's just human nature and a historic time to Elvis fans.:blush:

alstrada
08-18-2008, 06:39 PM
2 others pics

http://webbuilder.hostbasket.com/siteimages/30156/gladys_presley_s_funeral_august_1958.jpg

http://webbuilder.hostbasket.com/siteimages/30156/gladys_prelsey_s_funeral_1958.jpg

ELVIS2001NET
08-18-2008, 06:50 PM
I would like to see the other pics of Gladys Presley's funeral..if they exist? That is like telling a child "I have pictures of Santa Clause coming down our chimney but you can't see them! It's not out of morbid curiousity it's just human nature and a historic time to Elvis fans.:blush:

what ones are you talking about?
joe k
www.elvis2001.net

john carpenter
08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
what ones are you talking about?
joe k
www.elvis2001.net

Some poster said they have rare pictures (besides the two i saw) of Gladys funeral, with Elvis in them, and Paul bearers,i'm not sure about that one.

Tommy
08-18-2008, 08:02 PM
They are probably talking about this photo.

ELVIS2001NET
08-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Some poster said they have rare pictures (besides the two i saw) of Gladys funeral, with Elvis in them, and Paul bearers,i'm not sure about that one.

NOT FROM ME. I DO HAVE OTHER PHOTOS BUT ELVIS IS NOT IN THEM.
I WAS GOING TO POST MORE BUT BECAUSE OF ONE PERSON. ONE WEBSITE AND I KNEW IT WOULD BE HIM HAD TO PLAY GAMES. ONE PERSON RUINS IT FOR ALL. I WILL BE POSTING IN A WHILE ABOUT WHO AND HOW LONG THIS PERSON HAS BEEN STEALING FROM OTHERS AND CALLING IT HIS OWN.

JOE K
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

Unchained Melody
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM

Couldnt have said it any better Jak.

Joe hope you are doing well buddy and glad to see the photo's are up now, hope more are to come!(y)(y)

Tommy
08-18-2008, 08:09 PM
NOT FROM ME. I DO HAVE OTHER PHOTOS BUT ELVIS IS NOT IN THEM.
I WAS GOING TO POST MORE BUT BECAUSE OF ONE PERSON. ONE WEBSITE AND I KNEW IT WOULD BE HIM HAD TO PLAY GAMES. ONE PERSON RUINS IT FOR ALL. I WILL BE POSTING IN A WHILE ABOUT WHO AND HOW LONG THIS PERSON HAS BEEN STEALING FROM OTHERS AND CALLING IT HIS OWN.

JOE K
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

There is not need to do this. Kindly refrain from personal offensive remarks.

Tommy
08-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Please stay on topic! Thank you.

Tommy
08-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Please stay on topic, or this thread will be closed!

celine
08-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Great pictures, thank you so much for sharing!

ELVIS2001NET
08-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Glad you liked them.
joe krein
www.elvis2001.net

Unchained Melody
08-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Glad you liked them.
joe krein
www.elvis2001.net (http://www.elvis2001.net)

Joe thank you so much pal for sharing these with us!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Tommy
08-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Thank you very much for the photos you sharied(y)

shelley.m.
08-19-2008, 02:24 AM
Interesting! Thanks for sharing these photos with us,Joe.

Unchained Melody
08-19-2008, 04:30 AM
They are probably talking about this photo.

Tommy, do you know the date of this photo buddy ?

riley
08-19-2008, 07:02 AM
is there a link where we can see the photos , Joe?????

Unchained Melody
08-19-2008, 07:03 AM
(y)
is there a link where we can see the photos , Joe?????

http://www.elvis2001.net/Mackie%20Ha...oe%20Krein.htm (http://www.elvis2001.net/Mackie%20Ha...oe%20Krein.htm)
http://www.elvis2001.net/roots%20of%...0interview.htm

Miss Clawdy
08-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Thank you very much for sharing the pictures with us, Joe.
Is there maybe a possibility to see them a little bit bigger?

ELVIS2001NET
08-19-2008, 02:28 PM
we made them that small on purpose. so they could not be taken and end up in a book or something else.
joe

ELVIS2001NET
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Roots of elvis presley
http://www.elvis2001.net/roots%20of%20elvis%20presley%20interview.htm
Mackey Hargett
http://www.elvis2001.net/Mackie%20Hargett%20Interview%20with%20Joe%20Krein. htm

ELVIS2001NET
08-19-2008, 02:32 PM
notice the fence that went around the pool.
also look in back of Vernon. No Dolen street.

joe k

jeanelvisgirl
08-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the photos Joe...you did a great job there.....some of us just love to see anything new about Elvis and his family.... and of course listen to the related interviews.

( and off topic...sorry...Hi Kathy, hope you are well)

Miss Clawdy
08-19-2008, 06:22 PM
we made them that small on purpose. so they could not be taken and end up in a book or something else.
joe

That's a pitty because it's hard to perceive details, at least for me.
What's wrong with the pics 'ending up' in a book and becoming
available for all of us :blink:??
Anyway as I said before, thank you for sharing them with us.

jeanelvisgirl
08-19-2008, 06:28 PM
I can see why it would be great to have them in a book....as long as the person who owns the photos does the book and gets the money for the book and the credit.....this doesn't always happen when photos are on the internet.....so I understand why they are protected.

riley
08-20-2008, 12:01 PM
they are beautiful to see and all new...... Wished we could see them bigger. You may be proud of your collection Joe....
Just when i tought nothing really new exists anymore there they are ...... Beautiful candids of Elvis, Elvis and Pris, Vernon, Minnie Mae