PDA

View Full Version : Cute Story about a Young Elvis Fan

ehollier
08-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Several days ago, I had to take my 2 children to school to bring our supplies and find our classroom and teacher. My 8-year old daughter insisted on bringing her pink Elvis purse that she got on her first trip to Graceland this summer. She couldn't wait to show it to her girlfriends....and show them she did..... she held 'court' while all of the little girls were around her just listening to her as she told the story about going to Graceland and seeing his clothes and house, his cars and airplanes, about going to dinner in a pink limo and all of the memorabelia at the restaurant and her trip to The Heartbreak Hotel on Lonely Street (thx Rosie!).....it was so cute.... and of course, all of the little girls were just wide-eyed with wonder and this is what I heard …

"Wow, you got to ride in a pink car?" "No, Lauren, it was a PINK limousine, they picked us up AT the hotel and brought us to the restaurant and then brought us back. It had THREE seats and a driver."

"A heartshaped swimming pool? You actually got to swim in it? Cool!"

"TWO airplanes, Whoa, Elvis must have A LOT money!" and to which my daughter answered "He musta had A LOT of money because he had a GOLD bathroom. No kidding, Hannah, REAL gold."

"You aren't serious. Who actually puts carpet on the ceiling (referring to the Jungle room)?" to which my daughter says, "Well, I SAW it, there was real carpet on the ceiling AND walls."

To be 8 years old again and love Elvis......what could be better....

mistymorning
08-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Touching , sweet story ! It seems that a new generation of elvis fans are going to keep the meomory of the king alive. It's wonder of elvis !

thank you to share !:notworthy

Diane
08-09-2008, 01:43 PM
That is a very sweet story Liz, I love to hear little children discuss things. Your daughter is certainly doing her part in keeping Elvis' memory alive.:D

Diane

elvislady
08-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks for sharing this lovely story.
elvislady:D

presley31
08-09-2008, 01:51 PM
wonderful Story, thanks alot for sharing.

rebby
08-09-2008, 05:05 PM
That is so sweet!!! Thanks for sharing it!

utmom2008
08-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Great story Liz!(y) Tell your daughter that I said to "hang in there" and for her to keep "talking the talk"!:lol:

BTW....when are we going to see the pics of your trip to GL?:doh:

ehollier
08-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Great story Liz!(y) Tell your daughter that I said to "hang in there" and for her to keep "talking the talk"!:lol:

BTW....when are we going to see the pics of your trip to GL?:doh:

I PROMISE to try and get them up on my page next week. Hubs has the camera with him in Eygpt and won't be back til mid-week. BTW, he has a layover in Memphis on his way home right smack in the middle of next week!! I cannot imagine what he will be thinking....remember, he doesn't get the Elvis thing?

marijaep
08-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Aww, cute story Liz!! Thanks for sharing it (y)

Unchained Melody
08-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Great story Liz. Hope to see photos from your trip aswell :D