PDA

View Full Version : New EPE marketing slogan...

franny
08-07-2008, 03:36 AM
New EPE marketing slogan: Every 18 months the EPE licensing department creates artwork for promoting Elvis and producing merchandise. The slogan that will be used in 2009-10 is ‘Elvis Now’. It’s similar to previous slogans ‘Elvis Is’ and ‘Elvis Lives’, in that it makes a definitive statement about the strong presence of Elvis in the world’s culture, not in the past, but now. Because many of those who develop products have to begin very far in advance of when the merchandise will actually be in the marketplace, the colors and design are selected based on trends forecasted for 2009-10. The research indicated that you will be seeing colors that are bold, energetic, bright and daring. The same words can easily be used to describe Elvis himself. There will also be unconventional combinations with an eye toward Mother Earth. More than ever, the global community has a better sense of awareness for the environment and individualism. Greens, sea blues and earthen hues will continue to have great impact in 2009. Keep an eye out for ‘Elvis Now’ merchandise, available beginning in January 2009.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/image-files/epe_logo_2008.jpg

What do you all think of this slogan? It's okay, but it could have been better, IMO.

franny

presley31
08-07-2008, 03:39 AM
New EPE marketing slogan: Every 18 months the EPE licensing department creates artwork for promoting Elvis and producing merchandise. The slogan that will be used in 2009-10 is ‘Elvis Now’. It’s similar to previous slogans ‘Elvis Is’ and ‘Elvis Lives’, in that it makes a definitive statement about the strong presence of Elvis in the world’s culture, not in the past, but now. Because many of those who develop products have to begin very far in advance of when the merchandise will actually be in the marketplace, the colors and design are selected based on trends forecasted for 2009-10. The research indicated that you will be seeing colors that are bold, energetic, bright and daring. The same words can easily be used to describe Elvis himself. There will also be unconventional combinations with an eye toward Mother Earth. More than ever, the global community has a better sense of awareness for the environment and individualism. Greens, sea blues and earthen hues will continue to have great impact in 2009. Keep an eye out for ‘Elvis Now’ merchandise, available beginning in January 2009.

What do you all think of this slogan? It's okay, but it could have been better, IMO.

franny

can't say l like it franny. Its to plain and not exciting enough. Your are right they could of done better(n)

franny
08-07-2008, 03:46 AM
I agree, Jen. It is rather plain..:lol:..They should have made it more creative!

franny

Unchained Melody
08-07-2008, 03:49 AM
Nice job catching the most popular image of Elvis from all three decades IMO

Stryx
08-07-2008, 03:58 AM
Yeah - its like the Elvis is one.

LtCarman
08-07-2008, 04:33 AM
Nice job catching the most popular image of Elvis from all three decades IMO

Yeah, that was what I was thinking.

Unchained Melody
08-07-2008, 05:18 AM
Yeah - its like the Elvis is one.

Agreed !:D

utmom2008
08-07-2008, 05:25 AM
ELVIS NOW will always make me think of August, 1973 in Vegas. ELVIS NOW was all over the Hilton, the sides of cabs and busses and billboards all over town. I have several different shots of all of that..I'll try to get them posted.:D:D

Unchained Melody
08-07-2008, 05:31 AM
ELVIS NOW will always make me think of August, 1973 in Vegas. ELVIS NOW was all over the Hilton, the sides of cabs and busses and billboards all over town. I have several different shots of all of that..I'll try to get them posted.:D:D

Would love to see them Rossie :D:D(y)

utmom2008
08-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Would love to see them Rossie :D:D(y)

I've got a ton of stuff that I hope to get posted this month.(y)

Unchained Melody
08-07-2008, 05:50 AM
I've got a ton of stuff that I hope to get posted this month.(y)

Will be looking out for them Rossie ;)

Suspicious Minds
08-07-2008, 09:53 AM

franny

Very poor design. When they have all the photograph's to choose from.

Unchained Melody
08-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Frank I think they were just trying to capture Elvis' most popular poses from each decade to represent it..not really meant to find photos of elvis.

Getlo
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
There will also be unconventional combinations with an eye toward Mother Earth.

What drugs are these people smoking, anyway? :blink::blink:

Mother Earth? Jeez ...

It's typical advertising-speak for "We haven't the faintest idea what we're talking about, but the client might go for it".

Still, Elvis Now is better than the unbelievably pretentious and meaningless Elvis Is.

Suspicious Minds
08-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Frank I think they were just trying to capture Elvis' most popular poses from each decade to represent it..not really meant to find photos of elvis.

They could put the photo's in. It would look better.
If I was out shopping for Elvis records and other Elvis merchandise I don't think I would notice this logo.

Diane
08-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I agree photos would have been much more appealing but then I'm not into funky art and glaring colours.

These things just look like ghosts of him surrounded by colour....creepy!

Diane

mozzarella
08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Hm... I clould have done it better... I think we all could have...

presley31
08-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I agree photos would have been much more appealing but then I'm not into funky art and glaring colours.

These things just look like ghosts of him surrounded by colour....creepy!

Diane

agree diane, not very good at all.

tony70
08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Very poor design. When they have all the photograph's to choose from.

I agree with you

SleepyJack
08-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Wow!!...They really should bring out a book of all the "art" that they`ve come up with over the years......the hours of work that must have gone into this...unbelievable!!!........(n)(n)(n)

JDD
08-07-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't like it. I wish I could say exactly why, but off first impressions I see it and I think its dull, and boring to look at. I don't know what they're going for with "Elvis Now" , but the art work itself I don't like and so any message they're trying to give beyond that is lost on me.

JD

KPM
08-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I have a menu from the Hilton and it has "Elvis Now" with a picture of Elvis. on it from 1973.

franny
08-08-2008, 12:06 AM

That would be great! (y)

What drugs are these people smoking, anyway? :blink::blink:

Mother Earth? Jeez ...

It's typical advertising-speak for "We haven't the faintest idea what we're talking about, but the client might go for it".

Still, Elvis Now is better than the unbelievably pretentious and meaningless Elvis Is.

:lol: :lol:

I don't like it. I wish I could say exactly why, but off first impressions I see it and I think its dull, and boring to look at. I don't know what they're going for with "Elvis Now" , but the art work itself I don't like and so any message they're trying to give beyond that is lost on me.

JD

I agree! First impression is, it's dull! I'm not impressed..

franny

utmom2008
08-08-2008, 03:53 AM
can't say l like it franny. Its to plain and not exciting enough. Your are right they could of done better(n)

I agree, Jen. It is rather plain..:lol:..They should have made it more creative!

franny

I agree with you ladies! The artwork looks like something a 1st grader might have done.....it's way too bland for my taste.:blush::blink::blink:

Lonniebealestreet
08-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I like the theme but I also can't help but associate it with the ironically titled 1972 LP of that name, which included one track recorded three years prior in Hey Jude and some two years old...some nice songs for sure, but still an uninspired collection as a whole.

I know the Elvis Now theme was used for a while in marketing materials back then. I can picture seeing that in some of those nice MSG shots and in Vegas. It would be cool to see your related pics, Rosanne.

utmom2008
08-08-2008, 08:37 PM
I know the Elvis Now theme was used for a while in marketing materials back then. I can picture seeing that in some of those nice MSG shots and in Vegas. It would be cool to see your related pics, Rosanne.

I'll try to get those posted within the week.:D(y)

Cliff
08-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I agree with you ladies! The artwork looks like something a 1st grader might have done.....it's way too bland for my taste.:blush::blink::blink:
Cheap is what I'd call them. Why Elvis Now?Why not "ELVIS ALWAYS!"?
I think some of the talented people on this sight could have come up with something better.

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I agree, not very inspiring. the problem with marketing is that these guys and gals tend to go for middle of the road and stuff that has been used in the past.

Somthing more cutting edge would split the fans IMO.

goodelvisgirl
08-09-2008, 12:11 AM
yup they were not very creative with this one i would have liked to see something up to date fresh and exciting just a little bit more imagination would help

Unchained Melody
08-09-2008, 09:59 PM
They could put the photo's in. It would look better.
If I was out shopping for Elvis records and other Elvis merchandise I don't think I would notice this logo.

Well imo its simple but effective.

Unchained Melody
08-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I'll try to get those posted within the week.:D(y)

Looking out for them Rossie.