PDA

View Full Version : New "Desert Storm" book (second edition)

vegas 74
08-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Just got the "new" second edition book "Desert Storm" by Darrin Lee,
I helped Darrin with the book and my full acount of the show (2nd sept midnight closing show) is in the book.
Another fan Annie Bentley who traveled with us on the same trip from England is now included in this new edition along with a new cover and info.

Unchained Melody
08-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Looks very good, I also think Nightrider from TKC designed the covers for the book. Looks nice. (y)

vegas 74
08-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Looks very good, I also think Nightrider from TKC designed the covers for the book. Looks nice. (y)

Yes Chris designed the cover and he did a fantastic job!!

Unchained Melody
08-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Yes Chris designed the cover and he did a fantastic job!!

Yep it looks fantastic :notworthy

I love that tiger suit (y)

Unchained Melody
08-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I will be picking up this book next Friday when I order the new Lake Tahoe book !! (y)

It's paper back book ,but it looks really nice, I didn't get the first edition so this will make for a great read as I've always had a soft spot for the Desert Storm Concert.

Despite the Rambling, cussing, etc, there are some really powerful, sometimes over the top, performances.(y)

charlierogers
10-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Just got the "new" second edition book "Desert Storm" by Darrin Lee,
I helped Darrin with the book and my full acount of the show (2nd sept midnight closing show) is in the book.
Another fan Annie Bentley who traveled with us on the same trip from England is now included in this new edition along with a new cover and info.

Gee, the front sure is a work of beauty......but perhaps the back has some wonderful features as well that should be shared with the forum???

:D :D :D

Jungleroom76
10-19-2009, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the info. Vegas74!!! (y)

I purchased a copy of Darrin's first book focusing on ELVIS IN CONCERT and I thought it was a very interesting read. ;)

The only thing is...it's been so long since I bought that book, I don't remember how exactly I found his website...I think I stumbled upon it by accident. :blush:

Could you please point me in the direction of how to obtain Darrin's new book?? :hmm: :D

TCB!
Mike

Getlo
10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Darrin Lee is quite deluded in his assessments of Elvis on stage in '74.

His maniacal text is a dead giveaway.

Pass. (n)

Jungleroom76
10-19-2009, 04:53 PM

Granted some of Darrin's opinions are definitely out there, but that is what makes it an interesting read... ;)

TCB!
Mike

debtdbruno
10-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I read the first Desert Storm book

Still interesting to see what all quarters around Elvis have to say

LuckyJackson
10-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Darrin may not be to everyones taste, but I enjoy his books and his passion for Elvis.

charlierogers
10-22-2009, 01:41 PM

His maniacal text is a dead giveaway.

Pass. (n)

Haven't read the book - didn't know this book existed until about a week ago - just know that the covers were contributed to by two people I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for and that some of the content is based upon Mr. Vegas 74's info - therefore this book is a must have for me.

Sounds as if you have a deep wealth of Elvis knowledge. Given your comments - I definitely want to read it as soon as I can so I can make up my own mind and/or discuss further once read if I am unclear as to the basis for your opinion.

England - postal strike now on.

Greatly appreciate any assistance in locating any on-line sites in North America from which I can order this book.

Thanks,

Charlierogers

Getlo
10-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Sounds as if you have a deep wealth of Elvis knowledge.

Thank you.

I've only glimpsed the first book - looked through it.

Have read a lot of it via this guy's website.

It's his ridiculous and obsessive stance that Elvis wasn't drugged up in August '74 (and, IIRC, Houston '76 in his other book?) that bugs me.

Stevie Wonder couldn't have missed Elvis' antics those nights!!

charlierogers
10-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks for quick response and the head's up about the author having a web site --greatly appreciated.

I'll go check it out and see if there is a way to order a copy of this book. Will also look for excerpts from this book on his website.

thanks again for the assistance

charlierogers

Brian
10-23-2009, 02:33 AM
is it really true what he says about Priscilla shouting things at Elvis during the show?

Getlo
10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
is it really true what he says about Priscilla shouting things at Elvis during the show?

Not true at all.

This clown of an "author" allegedly got his info from some fans who were sitting nearby in Vegas one night, and they said they saw Cilla laughing at Elvis and shouting stuff about him.

As much as I can't stand the woman, there is no way in hell she'd be doing this.

Darrin Lee is a nutcase, pure and simple!