PDA

View Full Version : elvis habbit

goodelvisgirl
07-26-2008, 04:11 PM
i noticed that elvis sems to have this one trait or habbit whatever you want to call it and i just wondered if anyone else in his family has the same habbit and when did elvis start this has he done this all his life here are the pics to show you what i mean

Sonny
07-26-2008, 04:14 PM
The ring touching?

I think a lot of people might do that when nervous maybe. Or to give themselves a certain feeling.

I know I do that sometimes ;)

Debra
07-26-2008, 09:05 PM
i noticed that elvis sems to have this one trait or habbit whatever you want to call it and i just wondered if anyone else in his family has the same habbit and when did elvis start this has he done this all his life here are the pics to show you what i mean

Very interesting, never noticed that.

jon_burrows
07-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Yes I've noticed this. Elvis has done it as far back as '56. There's a photo of him doing this in the yard at Audubon Drive in the summer of '56 but I can't find it in the gallery.

Unchained Melody
07-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Something I think he picked up from Vernon...look at the photo that was used for the cover of the boxset Elvis from nashville to memphis back in the 90's...he's doing the same thing with his hand again as we see in so many photo's.(y)

Diane
07-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks Jon, I always noticed it with Elvis but not Vernon. Will have to pay more attention.:)

Diane

Wendy56
07-27-2008, 03:55 AM
i noticed that elvis sems to have this one trait or habbit...
Can that (the ring thing) be a way to show his jewerly too? It may be a "habit" linked to Elvis' way of showing his blinks. Like in some pics of the 50s, he used to show his rings (like the one Judy Sprekles gave him) or fancy clothing (remember the MSG comference showing E's big gold belt?).
http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=61558&c=46

goodelvisgirl
07-27-2008, 12:30 PM
i never noticed vernon doing it but if he does it then it must be where elvis got it from

presley31
07-27-2008, 02:05 PM
maybe its something elvis does when he's little nervious. I play with my rings alot so l really don't think its a genes thing.

8mmlowa
07-27-2008, 09:52 PM
i do it too but just to proof that they are on the right place

Unchained Melody
07-27-2008, 09:54 PM
He also had a bad habit of bitin' his fingernails....

john carpenter
07-27-2008, 10:13 PM
The only "habit" i know of is overindulgence in everything he did. I'm not knocking Elvis. Atleast he didn't scatch his butt in public.(a man thing):lmfao::lmfao::blush:

torpor97
07-27-2008, 11:41 PM
He messed with his hands in other ways to always moving his fingers while he was talking and later his glasses. Always having a cigar type smoke unlit or lit to mess with. He would drop his heels to the floor when he was standing kind of a click sound. He was always moving.

Laura Harrell
07-28-2008, 01:29 AM
I notice myself doing this alot too:lol:

Ronn
07-28-2008, 02:18 AM
I think that's has something to do with nerves or some form of insecurity. People do that when they feel a lot of people are looking or when they're at the center of all the attention. It's like to get people attention to something else (for a brief moment). Just an opinion.

Unchained Melody
07-28-2008, 02:55 AM
The only "habit" i know of is overindulgence in everything he did. I'm not knocking Elvis. Atleast he didn't scatch his butt in public.(a man thing):lmfao::lmfao::blush:

We all know when Elvis did something he did it in a very big way..when you talk about his habits though..good or bad..i think he had a very addictive personalilty...with his food, drugs, sex, women all of it..

TotallyInsane
07-28-2008, 03:04 AM
I think there must have been a not chick in front of him and he was seeing if he could get that ring off!! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

samiam125
07-28-2008, 06:23 AM
I think that's has something to do with nerves or some form of insecurity. People do that when they feel a lot of people are looking or when they're at the center of all the attention. It's like to get people attention to something else (for a brief moment). Just an opinion.

I thought that it was something along these lines too. I thought it was almost like the person was trying to put up a barrier between themselves and those in front of them. I could be wrong though as I was in school when I learnt about body language.

Prince Charles does the same thing in many of his photos. However, instead of playing with his jewellery he touches the cuffs of his shirt.

Awickedreigndrop
07-28-2008, 06:30 AM
Dude, I've always noticed this but never said anything about it. I just might be his nerves like some have already said. I fittle with things when I'm nervous too.

Unchained Melody
07-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Dude, I've always noticed this but never said anything about it. I just might be his nerves like some have already said. I fittle with things when I'm nervous too.

I too think it was just a nerve thing...

goodelvisgirl
07-28-2008, 12:43 PM
I think there must have been a not chick in front of him and he was seeing if he could get that ring off!! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:lmfao::lmfao: i think you may be onto something here

renapap05
12-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I notice myself doing this alot too:lol:

I have to admitt that I notice every day the same thing:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

epmoodyblue
12-03-2008, 05:49 PM
We all know when Elvis did something he did it in a very big way..when you talk about his habits though..good or bad..i think he had a very addictive personalilty...with his food, drugs, sex, women all of it..yep elvis overdid it in everything ...:hmm:....sadly i guess rhis was his downfall....reason why he exited this world at only 42 years old:'( .........he had so many things left to do so much unfinished buisness to take care of world tour new cd's new songs .. getting rid of the colonel in time ..it ended way too soon:'(:king::newyear:

Cliff
12-03-2008, 06:48 PM
[quote=john carpenter;231360]The only "habit" i know of is overindulgence in everything he did. I'm not knocking Elvis. At least he didn't scratch his butt in public.(a man thing):lmfao::lmfao::blush:[/quote

You may not be knocking Elvis, but you're knockin' the rest of us guys. Most of us know how to behave in public. To what do you base the comment
'a man thing' on? Have you done a survey?

http://smiley.net.ru/bigoth0022.gif

renapap05
12-29-2008, 03:22 PM
[quote=john carpenter;231360]The only "habit" i know of is overindulgence in everything he did. I'm not knocking Elvis. At least he didn't scratch his butt in public.(a man thing):lmfao::lmfao::blush:[/quote

You may not be knocking Elvis, but you're knockin' the rest of us guys. Most of us know how to behave in public. To what do you base the comment

(y)(y):notworthy(y)(y)
(I'm not a man,but I'm supporting you guys lol...:P)

goodelvisgirl
12-29-2008, 03:46 PM
well we just assume most rude things like scratching your butt in public come from men as we think us as ladies are perfect lol

renapap05
12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
well we just assume most rude things like scratching your butt in public come from men as we think us as ladies are perfect lol

(y)At last,one girl thought of it lol:notworthy:notworthy

GraceeD1970
12-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Never really paid much attention to it until you pointed it out. People do things for comfort or just habit.

Lisarose
12-29-2008, 07:21 PM
I think that's we old people called fidegty! It's rather a cute habit, and I've always
wondered if he wasn't ADHD. My youngest is and has much of the same habits and
definitely that childish energy [shooting off fireworks,etc]!

KPM
12-29-2008, 08:01 PM
I think its just a nervous habit-we all have them. I bite my lip at times and rub my wrists, first the right then the left. Its a defense mechanism to make me feel comfortable in uncomfortable situations I guess.

spanish eyes
12-29-2008, 08:34 PM
We all know when Elvis did something he did it in a very big way..when you talk about his habits though..good or bad..i think he had a very addictive personalilty...with his food, drugs, sex, women all of it..

With all due respect we're not discussing Elvis with food, drugs, sex, women. I find your post disrespectful to him. I think a lot of the time people get confused with Elvis the image and Elvis the man. Elvis knows what went on behind closed doors and I don't think anyone should comment on it, its private.

So let's please stick with the habit that this topic was intended for, IMO he did it cos he was nervous or he was distracting his mind away from something

Merry
12-29-2008, 08:40 PM

LOL, we could do a poll? lol

:supriced: :blink:

P.S. Edit: Well done with fans in this thread, being respectful, and wanting to stay on topic :D We have some really good people here :D

J.P
12-29-2008, 08:41 PM
With all due respect we're not discussing Elvis with food, drugs, sex, women. I find your post disrespectful to him. I think a lot of the time people get confused with Elvis the image and Elvis the man. Elvis knows what went on behind closed doors and I don't think anyone should comment on it, its private.

So let's please stick with the habit that this topic was intended for, IMO he did it cos he was nervous or he was distracting his mind away from something

to right there (y)(y) let's just stick with the topic without getting carried away will lift the spirit (y)

rickb
12-30-2008, 12:55 AM
i've also noticed he scratches his head quite a lot in concerts, particularly later on

goodelvisgirl
12-30-2008, 01:52 AM
well if he was scratching his head then either he had head lice or it was just a habbit we all have them i'm sure

mistymorning
12-30-2008, 09:02 AM

So cute !! http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/0002031F.gif (http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&lpver=3&ref=10)
His does these things in a lovely way like any other things he does ! http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/0002032E.gif (http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&lpver=3&ref=10)

Elton
12-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Elvis used his hands while talking and i notice that Lisa Marie does the same thing when doing interviews ect.
Another habit Elvis had in that whever eating a sandwich,he always held it with BOTH hands!
You can spot him doing just that in many pics and in the early part of King Creole,before leaving for school.

desiree
12-31-2008, 10:38 PM
I think he did that when he was nervous. I play with my hands and fingers, too when I'm tense about something. I've never seen Vernon do it though.

Nicole Presley
02-23-2013, 11:57 PM

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: I just noticed something funny about that: He always does that with the finger he wears his wedding ring on! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Do you think itīs coincidence? Or is he trying to take his wedding ring off? :D

Diane
02-24-2013, 01:22 PM
maybe its something elvis does when he's little nervious. I play with my rings alot so l really don't think its a genes thing.

Now that you mention it, I do the same and with me it is a nervous habit.:blush:

Diane
02-24-2013, 01:30 PM
I think that's we old people called fidegty! It's rather a cute habit, and I've always
wondered if he wasn't ADHD. My youngest is and has much of the same habits and
definitely that childish energy [shooting off fireworks,etc]!

I've wondered the same thing until his last couple of years when his health slowed him down.

Snake Eyes
02-24-2013, 02:16 PM
I don't know anyone that doesn't do this, it's not odd to me in the slightest. I do something a little similar with my watch, sometimes it's just aggravating on the skin.

Tony Trout
02-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Can that (the ring thing) be a way to show his jewerly too? It may be a "habit" linked to Elvis' way of showing his blinks. Like in some pics of the 50s, he used to show his rings (like the one Judy Sprekles gave him) or fancy clothing (remember the MSG comference showing E's big gold belt?).
http://www.tcb-world.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=61558&c=46

I agree, Wendy56. He's simply just playing around with the jewelry. it's nothing new that anybody else would do. I do the same thing.

Kajo
02-27-2013, 06:44 AM
A lot of people have these awful fidgeting habbits. I have them too. I always play with my rings and roll them always did that's nothing to do with Elvis. People are doing these kind of things either because their nervous or just fidgety in general. Like me. My wife keeps telling me to stop that and biting my fingernails too all the time. I think in Elvis' case he got it from his father of course just like somebody said up there.

Brian Quinn
02-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Elvis also used to put his tongue out on occasion, usually when in a playful mood. I'm sure we all have unusual mannerisms but don't know it. It usually takes other people to recognise these.

Brian

KPM
02-27-2013, 08:39 PM
I use to tug on my left ear as a child, I also have noticed (well my wife noticed and pointed it out to me) that my body and are movements are exaggerated when I'm nervous or in an uncomfortable situation....just odd human traits that are peculiar to each person for some reason or other that takes therapy to figure out and even then, you still don't always know why.:D

Diane
02-27-2013, 09:20 PM
I think everyone has some little habit they do in certain situations. I just always wondered about Elvis being so hyper in his younger years. There's no way of knowing for certain if he was ADHD unless we knew how short or long his attention span was and no one has every commented on that.

elvia7
02-28-2013, 10:04 AM
The ring touching?

I think a lot of people might do that when nervous maybe. Or to give themselves a certain feeling.

I know I do that sometimes ;)

I too think it was just a nerve thing...