PDA

View Full Version : which has been worse on Elvis' legacy... EIC or impersonators

Unchained Melody
07-19-2008, 05:42 AM
Which one do you feel is worse for Elvis' legacy..I'm going with impersonators.(n)

SeeSeeRider777
07-19-2008, 06:05 AM
I am going to say EIC b/c it showed Elvis in TERRIBLE shape. Everybody was shocked to see him like that and he projected this image of an old act. I know Elvis had some great performances of songs in EIC but he looked bad and wasnt in top form. What Elvis needed in 77 was to be in 72 health and status. He was in too deep in the drugs to get out and no crash diet was going to help him. EIC should have never been filmed. The col and the rest of Elvis' family, entourage and managers put money ahead of health. I understand Elvis needed the money but he would have been ok finacially if they just took a year long break and revamp everything. Get rid of all of the crazy expenses, and most of all help him with his problem. What might have helped was Elvis coming out publicly with his problem. Would it ruin his image? Who knows? I wasnt living during that time so I cant tell you but now we accept these things and we learn to forgive and forget. What EIC did was leave a bad image of Elvis for the next generation as this fat old man who sang songs of the 50's and he was washed up. It wasnt true that he was washed up. Young kids today know the 76-77 Elvis and that is ashame because the years prior he was the man and performing great.

Unchained Melody
07-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Good points bro, why did you not vote though is it not allowing ya to or something. This was the first time i started a poll on here i beleive so I may have messed it up.:blush:

SeeSeeRider777
07-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Just forgot to vote. There you go.

Unchained Melody
07-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Just forgot to vote. There you go.

Thanks man, look's like we are tied. Interested in seeing what everyone else thinks. I guess had EIC not been aired or filmed, then maybe the rest of the world would not be under the impression that Elvis was always fat and 40 in a white suit therefor the impersonators would not all look like that.

ElvisPresleyUK
07-19-2008, 08:24 AM
I went with the impersonators...i'm not saying that are all bad, but ALOT are so thats what swayed it for me

Unchained Melody
07-19-2008, 08:28 AM
I went with the impersonators...i'm not saying that are all bad, but ALOT are so thats what swayed it for me

I can't stand the fact that most of them you see are all overweight..whats up with that?

ForeverTheKing
07-19-2008, 08:29 AM
I voted "neither".

I'm not a big fan of impersonators but if there are many ridiculous Iknow that others are real fans and only want to make tributes to Elvis and his music.
Unfortunately many people who don't know Elvis can't make difference from the two groups :sad:

Anyway I couldn't vote impersonators...I know there are few members here that are impersonators too and I don't want to offend their true love for Elvis (y)

el gerry
07-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Im going with impersonators , i dont mind a good one but they are very very few . For the most part they cant singo or move with rediculous wigs and cheap tacky jumpsuits . For people who know no different who see them it leaves the image of Elvis as a vulgar , tacky lounge singer

Unchained Melody
07-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Im going with impersonators , i dont mind a good one but they are very very few . For the most part they cant singo or move with rediculous wigs and cheap tacky jumpsuits . For people who know no different who see them it leaves the image of Elvis as a vulgar , tacky lounge singer

Could not agree more :!:

Suspicious Minds
07-19-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't like Impersonators or tribute artists.

Donut
07-19-2008, 03:44 PM
I voted impersonators. Not anyone with a tacky wig on can do any good to Elvis legacy.

goodelvisgirl
07-19-2008, 04:02 PM
well i really like elvis tributes cos they are the honest elvis fans who try to perform his songs as a tribute elvis impersonators are the overweight people with daft wigs and plastic sunglasses and the cheap pollyester suits and the thank you thank you very much line they don't help the elvis image in any way they make a mockery of elvis as for EIC i thought it was good it showed a different side to elvis and there were some classic performances in all that and it shows a man not affraid to be reall and loyal and true to his fans right to the end no matter what hs own personal problems were i think when you see him singing unchained melody you can see a man in great pain who still is singing his heart out and thats when you see the glimmer of reality hurt and how great thou art just fantastic power filled performances i think its elvis at his weakest health wise but still at his powerfull best vocal and performance wise so i vote impersonators cos they are different from tributes

Diane
07-19-2008, 04:08 PM
I voted for EIC as I think that gave rise to the bad impersonators in the first place. There are some good sincere ones out there but they are vastly outnumbered.

Diane

ferry duivesteijn
07-19-2008, 04:31 PM
I am going to say EIC b/c it showed Elvis in TERRIBLE shape. Everybody was shocked to see him like that and he projected this image of an old act. I know Elvis had some great performances of songs in EIC but he looked bad and wasnt in top form. What Elvis needed in 77 was to be in 72 health and status. He was in too deep in the drugs to get out and no crash diet was going to help him. EIC should have never been filmed. The col and the rest of Elvis' family, entourage and managers put money ahead of health. I understand Elvis needed the money but he would have been ok finacially if they just took a year long break and revamp everything. Get rid of all of the crazy expenses, and most of all help him with his problem. What might have helped was Elvis coming out publicly with his problem. Would it ruin his image? Who knows? I wasnt living during that time so I cant tell you but now we accept these things and we learn to forgive and forget. What EIC did was leave a bad image of Elvis for the next generation as this fat old man who sang songs of the 50's and he was washed up. It wasnt true that he was washed up. Young kids today know the 76-77 Elvis and that is ashame because the years prior he was the man and performing great.
hello elvis in concert im bad shape no way
elvis was there at his best his voice was stronger than ever
the man was sick at that time but you could see love and passion for his fans
the joy and interaction with the tcb band, the sweets and stamps
look at his eyes he had never lost that naughty twinkle in his eyes
he was there he stood there doing the best he could
close your eyes and listen to him sing songs like
how great thou art and hurt mountain the power stuff
he gave his music joy and happiness and him self
he did allmost 1200 concerts from 1969-1977
it was altime an prestation to give want people wanted
its just like the olympic games with all the sport games inclusive but then almost 1200 times

so i choose in the poll impersonaters thats worse
thats make me ill makes me puke
men with wichs on and fake side burns
walking day and night in jumpsuits

my meaning is you can pay tribute to elvis but without wiggs and jumpsuits
be your self
everybody want to be like elvis but stay your self

elvis ones has sended an telegram to a impersonator in july 1977
he wrote" i'm proud that you singin my songs
but stay and be your self just like i do)

greetings :)
ferry duivesteijn

elvislady
07-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I am going with neither.
elvislady:D

TotallyInsane
07-19-2008, 08:26 PM
hello elvis in concert im bad shape no way
elvis was there at his best his voice was stronger than ever
the man was sick at that time but you could see love and passion for his fans
the joy and interaction with the tcb band, the sweets and stamps
look at his eyes he had never lost that naughty twinkle in his eyes
he was there he stood there doing the best he could
close your eyes and listen to him sing songs like
how great thou art and hurt mountain the power stuffhe gave his music joy and happiness and him self
he did allmost 1200 concerts from 1969-1977
it was altime an prestation to give want people wanted
its just like the olympic games with all the sport games inclusive but then almost 1200 times

so i choose in the poll impersonaters thats worse
thats make me ill makes me puke
men with wichs on and fake side burns
walking day and night in jumpsuits

my meaning is you can pay tribute to elvis but without wiggs and jumpsuits
be your self
everybody want to be like elvis but stay your self

elvis ones has sended an telegram to a impersonator in july 1977
he wrote" i'm proud that you singin my songs
but stay and be your self just like i do)

greetings :)
ferry duivesteijn

That's what the fans saw but not what the public saw. I think EIC was the lasting picture of Elvis in the public's eye.

SeeSeeRider777
07-19-2008, 08:36 PM
That's what the fans saw but not what the public saw. I think EIC was the lasting picture of Elvis in the public's eye.

Thank You, that is what I was saying.

KPM
07-19-2008, 08:56 PM
If he had died in 1970 the legacy would have ended on an extreme triumphant period, even 3 years later in 1973 IMO the legacy would be viewed very differently.
IMO unfortunately the emphasis on the last 4 years of his life-"the worst 4 years of his life" is what everyone conjures up when they think of Elvis.

franny
07-19-2008, 11:03 PM
If he had died in 1970 the legacy would have ended on an extreme triumphant period, even 3 years later in 1973 IMO the legacy would be viewed very differently.
IMO unfortunately the emphasis on the last 4 years of his life-"the worst 4 years of his life" is what everyone conjures up when they think of Elvis.

Why is this? :hmm:

franny

SeeSeeRider777
07-19-2008, 11:07 PM

franny

I dont know but when I tell people for the first time I am a Elvis fan they say, the fat guy in the jumpsuit? Quite sad.

hatice
07-20-2008, 01:24 AM
i think ferry is right
nobody in this whole wild world is elvis, or thinks he is, nobody.
in 1977, elvis was sick, but great, look in his eyes and you will see, the naughty thougs.
he was so alive, nobody new that he will die 6 weeks later.
but the real fans
listen to his voice
i do
i cry if he sings, hurt, or what ever, because its from the heart
and impersonators don't have the charisme, what elvis has,never!!!
elvis is king, forever
just listen to his voice, jokes, and look in his naughty eyes and you know

hatice
07-20-2008, 01:27 AM
and mr see see rider
you just look how he looks like
thats sad
are you a fan......................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
the cortison makes him not fat but it was al fluid, no fat.
he was sick
but you don't understand

Tommy
07-20-2008, 01:37 AM
I dont know but when I tell people for the first time I am a Elvis fan they say, the fat guy in the jumpsuit? Quite sad.

Somehow, for some reason, I think folks say this becasue they are jealous. The fact that they also realize that we Elvis fans are the best, and very loyal. It gets to them, sounds crazy but I think it's true. They know that Elvis was a cool guy and not always heavy.

Most of the folks that say this are heavier than he was:lol:;)

SeeSeeRider777
07-20-2008, 01:54 AM
and mr see see rider
thats sad
he was sick
but you don't understand

Are you serious? Dont question my fanhood. Other people know me on this forum and they know I am a fan. I was stating when I tell people for the first time that I am a Elvis fan they answer me saying "the fat guy in the jumpsuit" I was saying that is sad. I do understand. The man was sick, tired and hurting inside.

utmom2008
07-20-2008, 03:16 AM
and mr see see rider
thats sad
he was sick
but you don't understand

:supriced:I think you need to re-read what was said, you are waaayyyyy off on your opinion. :supriced: SeeseeRider understands the situation very well. Why would you say that he only cares about how he looks???:doh::doh: Again...please re-read the posts.:blink::blink::blink:

Are you serious? Dont question my fanhood. Other people know me on this forum and they know I am a fan. I was stating when I tell people for the first time that I am a Elvis fan they answer me saying "the fat guy in the jumpsuit" I was saying that is sad. I do understand. The man was sick, tired and hurting inside.

Don't worry about it Joe...they must have not read what was being said carefully. It's not your fault.:blush: Yes, we all know what kind of fan you are..so don't pay that comment any attention.(y)(y)

Getlo
07-20-2008, 04:00 AM
Impersonators, no question.

Generally speaking, the public doesn't even know what EIC was, although they may recall seeing a few clips elsewhere.

But impersonators, like a virulent cancer, just keep spreading and getting worse. People see them, think of Elvis and remember the Fat Elvis (as most impersonators go the hamburger route).

Impersonators (and weirdly-dressed fans) also perpetuate the stereotypical Elvis fans too.

I hate them with a passion unbridled. If I could, I'd make all impersonators, tribute artists and tribute bands illegal on punishment of death.

Get up on stage and sing Elvis, by all means, but doing it in a jumpsuit (no matter how authentic it may be) is revolting.

Getlo
07-20-2008, 04:02 AM

Give me a break ! :rolleyes:

Lainey
07-20-2008, 04:11 AM

Generally speaking, the public doesn't even know what EIC was, although they may recall seeing a few clips elsewhere.

But impersonators, like a virulent cancer, just keep spreading and getting worse. People see them, think of Elvis and remember the Fat Elvis (as most impersonators go the hamburger route).

Impersonators (and weirdly-dressed fans) also perpetuate the stereotypical Elvis fans too.

I hate them with a passion unbridled. If I could, I'd make all impersonators, tribute artists and tribute bands illegal on punishment of death.

Get up on stage and sing Elvis, by all means, but doing it in a jumpsuit (no matter how authentic it may be) is revolting.

If I could express the same sentiments as eloquently, I would. I completely agree with Mr. Getlo's post.

Dudcowboy_1
07-20-2008, 08:29 AM
*hits his head on the desk* Oh when well this stuff stop? LOL

Kinda like what Elvis said can apply to us in a way. "if you love us let me know, if you don't well there is the door. " LOL

But all in all. I was one of those guys that didn't like Tribute Artist/ Impersonators at all until I saw really good one and I ask why some of them where crying and they told me because he brought back so many great memories when times like right now are so tuff for some.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would bring me this far and met so many great Elvis fans and his friends and family. I'll be doing this til I can't do it no more!

Love to all,
Tim

Unchained Melody
07-20-2008, 11:04 AM

franny

I say because people find the destruction Elvis went though fascinating and are drawn to it....

Unchained Melody
07-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Give me a break ! :rolleyes:

Someones in denial there....

Thought the same thing Getlo.:doh:

Unchained Melody
07-20-2008, 11:08 AM

Couldnt agree more getlo. like you say most fans dont even know what eic is..its these stupid etas that leave them the impression of elvis fat, in a white jumpsuit...makes me sick.

goodelvisgirl
07-20-2008, 11:18 AM
i think thats why they don't release EIC cos they think it will show elvis in a bad light or that people will make fun of him and i wonder if they think that now why didnt someone think of that at the time it was being filmed i am glad they did film it cos it was great but thats just a thought and i know what you mean when i say elvis people say that fat guy in naff jumpsuits that died on the loo its pathetic that some people only see the worst but we all have an opinion

Unchained Melody
07-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Colonel set the deal up for the CBS Special because elvis was in real need of money...sad to admit, but in the end Elvis was broke....

Diane
07-20-2008, 01:30 PM
And part of why Elvis was broke were the Colonel's gambling debts. He didn't care how Elvis felt or what the EIC would do to him in the long run, he just wanted that money to keep pouring in.:angry:

Diane

rocknroll
07-20-2008, 03:11 PM
i think ferry is right
nobody in this whole wild world is elvis, or thinks he is, nobody.
in 1977, elvis was sick, but great, look in his eyes and you will see, the naughty thougs.
he was so alive, nobody new that he will die 6 weeks later.
but the real fans
listen to his voice
i do
i cry if he sings, hurt, or what ever, because its from the heart
and impersonators don't have the charisme, what elvis has,never!!!
elvis is king, forever
just listen to his voice, jokes, and look in his naughty eyes and you know

If I'm correct in my interpretation of what you are saying, you think Elvis had his best voice in 1977? He should have been in a hospital, not on stage. His voice was the thinnest and weakest of his life during that period. Couple that with him having absolutely no interest in recording or performing, and you have a bad combo. The only thing I agree with you on was he was over worked, but that was Elvis' fault anyway.

Not a good way to go out in the public eye and why I voted EIC.

rocknroll
07-20-2008, 03:14 PM
And part of why Elvis was broke were the Colonel's gambling debts. He didn't care how Elvis felt or what the EIC would do to him in the long run, he just wanted that money to keep pouring in.:angry:

Diane

If true, then Elvis should have dumped him. Again, Elvis was the artist, Colonel worked for him. Fire him, sue him, anything. Just get rid of him.......if what you are saying is true.

Elvis is great, but many of you give him waaaayyyyyy too much leeway.

presley31
07-20-2008, 03:42 PM

Diane

agree diane(y)(y)

Diane
07-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Rocknroll, some of us may give Elvis too much leeway and others lay too much on him....so it's a stalemate, always has been, always will be.

Diane

marijaep
07-20-2008, 04:09 PM
I voted for the imperonators. It's not that I don't like them all, but some of them are just some fat losers that couldn't find anything better to do. They make a few silly moves and they think they are just like Elvis. I find that very disrespectful and god knows what a person who's not a fan will think of Elvis when he/she sees one of these guys performing.
I don't think that EIC has been bad on his legacy. Although he looked fat and bloated it was still... him and people should accept him as he was. That was Elvis in the last few years of his life. Even though it is sad to watch, It was still good to see Elvis doing what he wanted to. Plus, his voice sounded better than ever, IMO.

franny
07-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I say because people find the destruction Elvis went though fascinating and are drawn to it....

Good point. A lot of people want to read or hear about negative..(y)

In regards to ETA, I dont think all are bad, but it's the bad ones' that outnumber the decent ones' who pay tribute to Elvis out of respect...

Why aren't there more of them that aren't overweight or looking tacky? :hmm:

franny

john carpenter
07-20-2008, 07:56 PM
I wanted to vote EIC, but i picked the Impersonators because i've seen a coulpe in my time and one of them was very good. For the most part they embarrass me. They go overboard trying to be Elvis. I was 12 when i first saw Elvis in concert in october of "77,almost two months after Elvis died. And yes he looked far different than 73 Aloha show. It's like a bad parody of the Elvis doing Elvis. He did have some good moments when he sang :That;s All Right Mama, and How great though art. The impersonators are ruining his image. We already have to defend Elvis because he was on the john and died.I prefer the real Elvis not some wannabe thinking he is Elvis.(n)

ricky
07-20-2008, 08:14 PM
I can see where you are coming from, but the public of my generation (50's) knew of his great gift and there were a lot of us, he changed mine and a lot of other peoples lives from then until 1972, so it will only be the generation who were born after 1977 who will make that sort of public judgement because they constantly have that image shoved under their nose's, outside of Elvis websites how many Photographs do you see of him in the 50' or 60's image?? "You can fool the Public some of the time but not all of it!" I think his power was so strong that even if he had come "Onstage dressed as Mickey Mouse" it would not have mattered, most people especially here in the UK really thought he had middle age spread..::king::king::king:

ferry duivesteijn
07-20-2008, 10:14 PM
yep you are right, sorry night shift
and elvis voice was always great, he was a diamant, and become a briljant
his voice was geting better by the years
elvis was sick, afcourse he needed rest, but nobody new he shall die in 6 weeks, and for the record, i saw a picture august 14 and he looked oke ( sorry bad english)
but i did't read your message very wel, thats because i had to work, please forgive me
and i am treuly a elvis fan , for 100% in every thing he does

ferry duivesteijn
07-20-2008, 10:15 PM
p.s this was hatice and not ferry, i am his wife

rocknroll
07-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Rocknroll, some of us may give Elvis too much leeway and others lay too much on him....so it's a stalemate, always has been, always will be.

Diane

I'm talking stictly Elvis fans.

I agree, non fans and critics lay too much on him. One thing they latch onto, and rightfully so, is the "Elvis worship".

Diane
07-20-2008, 11:28 PM
There is a middle ground somewhere and I was talking about the fans.;) Some still think he walked on water and others dwell on his failings.

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Its difficult to decide which is more damaging IMO, the real thing in June 1977 is far more sad to see, where as seeing some terrible tribute artist, well its not Elvis is it... However the public in general cant separate the fact from the fiction

I have seen several tribute artists and to be honest it isn't my thing although I understand the demand for a good tribute artist. The problem with have with many tribute artists today is that they imitate "tribute artists", so what we have is some grotesque Image of an overweight bespectacled crooner with exaggerated mannerisms that quite frankly lack any of the charisma which made Elvis the multinational star he became.

That said the good tribute artists who manage to pull off a half decent act are a doorway to the original. Unfortunately the bad acts are almost certainly condemning Elvis to a eternity of mediocrity and figure of fun.

I believe it is possible to be a tribute artist in a two piece suit and get across to that audience the essence of who Elvis was. To many tribute artists pin their whole act on a Jumpsuit and aviator glasses, Elvis was much more than this props.

john carpenter
07-21-2008, 01:38 AM
goodelvisgirl "Elvis in Concert" i have a copy of it on DVD. I bought it of the Internet years ago. One of the Concerts i believe it;s in Rapid City..it has a time code at the bottom. But the Omaha concert doesn't. In one scene a little indian "monic brave (spell check)gives Elvis a medalian of life before the concert. It's ironic that i was meant to give Elvis good health and a long life. But he died less than two months later.:'(

Wendy56
07-21-2008, 02:18 AM
I don't like impersonators... especially if they do a bad version of what people call "fat Elvis". And the last concert has nothing wrong from where I see. My vote went for "neither one". :blush:

Getlo
07-21-2008, 03:39 AM
If I'm correct in my interpretation of what you are saying, you think Elvis had his best voice in 1977? He should have been in a hospital, not on stage. His voice was the thinnest and weakest of his life during that period.

No, only during some parts (ie the endless repeats of his greatest hits etc).

Overall, the 1976-77 Elvis voice was the strongest and most powerful of his career.

goodelvisgirl
07-21-2008, 12:58 PM
goodelvisgirl "Elvis in Concert" i have a copy of it on DVD. I bought it of the Internet years ago. One of the Concerts i believe it;s in Rapid City..it has a time code at the bottom. But the Omaha concert doesn't. In one scene a little indian "monic brave (spell check)gives Elvis a medalian of life before the concert. It's ironic that i was meant to give Elvis good health and a long life. But he died less than two months later.:'(

yes its true what they say the lord does move in mysterious ways looking at elvis performing you knew he was n bad shape but you never thought that weeks later he would be gone and whats fantastic he still sang with everything he had right to the end he was a entertainer

ph10579
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
I think that most impersonators are bad for elvis' legacy. And I could be wrong, but I think there should be some sort of college and or requirements for people who want to be impersonators. Maybe epe could own the colleges? And just like when you enter the military you would have to meet a certain weight standard to be a certain impersonator. The weight standard being the right weight for the right era 50's-70's. Nobody wants to see a 50's era Elvis weighing 300lbs!lol:lol:

KPM
07-21-2008, 05:41 PM

Also another thing which irks me about the bulk of the impersonators is they sound so little like Elvis!
Then the people who are listening who seldom hear him much think-so thats what Elvis sounded like?-Whats the big deal?

john carpenter
07-21-2008, 06:04 PM
I know what EIC is Elvis in Concert. But i'm ignorant what is ETA?:lmfao:

Diane
07-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Elvis Tribute Artists :)

Diane

rocknroll
07-21-2008, 08:24 PM
No, only during some parts (ie the endless repeats of his greatest hits etc).

Overall, the 1976-77 Elvis voice was the strongest and most powerful of his career.

I am definitely in disagreement with you here. An objective view would say differently.

Dudcowboy_1
07-21-2008, 09:54 PM
ph EPE ever sence they deside to do EPE Contest and shows they do watch these guys very close eye. I, and along with lucky few on here have been reconized by EPE. Because some of the show I did this year like with Kelly Pickler, and this show in Memphis I had to get what I call there "blessing" to do all this.

Trust me EPE is watching very closely now since 2006.

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

utmom2008
07-22-2008, 04:06 AM
I am definitely in disagreement with you here. An objective view would say differently.

When did Getlo become "non" objective??:supriced::supriced:

Unchained Melody
07-22-2008, 06:08 AM

Diane

Funny you say this. In 1974 elvis told the Colonel I do drugs...he said to parker don't get in my personal life and i don't get in yours...Parker was his manager not his mother...he did his end...elvis was slacking on his end and he should have been responsible enough to take care of himself whether it be taking time off or whatever.

Unchained Melody
07-22-2008, 06:10 AM

Another BIG understatement.

It's always easy for people to blame others for elvis' downfalls..much of it always falls on either the mm or parker....:supriced:

Unchained Melody
07-22-2008, 06:13 AM
It was still good to see Elvis doing what he wanted to. Plus, his voice sounded better than ever, IMO.

I think its quiet apparent that this was not what elvis wanted to be doing..remember the what he said in the limo on the way to the Omaha auditorium to ed parker..."how do i get stuck in situations like this !?, Ah hell I guess its all part of show buisness".

Anyone who has followed Elvis career through the 1970's can easily tell he lost all interest a-tall in performing, he hadn't been in the studio for a year an a half, his setlist hardly ever changed at all.

MIElvis
07-22-2008, 06:27 AM
I saw Elvis in concert in April 1977, Detroit, and Ann Arbor it wasn't as bad as so many think. he was actually quite good.

Unchained Melody
07-22-2008, 06:29 AM
I saw Elvis in concert in April 1977, Detroit, and Ann Arbor it wasn't as bad as so many think. he was actually quite good.

Ann Arbor show probably THE best from 1977 !!! (y)

MIElvis
07-22-2008, 06:35 AM
I was there it was great! Actually I saw him six times over the years all were great
4-6-72
9-29-74
10-4-74
12-31-75
4-22-77
4-24-77

Unchained Melody
07-22-2008, 06:37 AM
I was there it was great! Actually I saw him six times over the years all were great
4-6-72
9-29-74
10-4-74
12-31-75
4-22-77
4-24-77

September 29, 1974. (2:30 pm) Detroit, MI.

They say this show was really bad aswell....what do you remember from it ... :hmm:

Getlo
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
In 1974 elvis told the Colonel I do drugs...

Pardon ... ?

Getlo
07-22-2008, 11:33 AM

No, an objective view - which mine is - would be more accurate. To say the 1977 voice of Elvis was his weakest is completely inaccurate.

rocknroll
07-22-2008, 01:04 PM
No, an objective view - which mine is - would be more accurate. To say the 1977 voice of Elvis was his weakest is completely inaccurate.

I guess I, and a few million others, will just have to stay in disagreement with you. :)

Getlo
07-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I guess I, and a few million others, will just have to stay in disagreement with you. :)

Try again ...

rocknroll
07-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Try again ...

No thanks, I've made my point.....clearly.

jak
07-22-2008, 03:21 PM
The impersonator's have and continue to do the most damage to Elvis' credibility.EIC was a long time ago.Generally speaking most people have short memories.The overwhelming majority of people dont even know what EIC is.These same people however see the bad impersonator's all the time.From the local bars to standing on the roads edge trying to sell cars.It's relentless.The majority of them are horrible.Even the ones who some say are good are bad.It's not easy to copy someone as unique as Elvis.They just come across as tacky.Elvis is guilty by association.Unfair but that's the way it works.

jak
07-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Personally I dont think Elvis' voice was strongest during those last two years.It was deeper in 77.Generally speaking 76 is pretty much the worst year.To me he sounded winded much of the time.He no longer had the control of his voice he once had.I dont think it was as easy for him to convey the feeling of a song as effortlessly as before.I dont know that anybodies voice could match that 68-72 period.I think that was Elvis at his vocal peak.It's all subjective however.Many people feel that the first couple of years after the army his voice was best.I think it's clear that his personal problems were negatively impacting his singing those last two years.I think you have to look at the whole picture.You can pick out some great moments from those last two years for sure.They just werent as common as before.From those last few years we basically just have his live recordings to judge him vocally.Overall it's somewhat weak to be honest.The bad nights outnumber the good.

michaelsmith
07-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I asked this guy if he was an impersonator, he said No Sir, i'm the real deal.

utmom2008
07-23-2008, 03:39 AM

It's probably us ladies that give him waaaayyyy too much leeway. I think it has something to do with our maternal gene. When women really really love someone we do have a tendency to over look some things.:D

I know what EIC is Elvis in Concert. But i'm ignorant what is ETA?:lmfao:

:lmfao: Hang in there with us John...we will get you schooled.:lmfao::lmfao:

In 1974 elvis told the Colonel I do drugs.

Now that's the first time I have EVER heard that one.:hmm: Where did you get your info on this statement?:doh::hmm:

john carpenter
07-23-2008, 03:40 AM
This is way off topic so excuse me,i know you guys/gals like to abreviate words, help me out..what does ETA stand for. Send me a message or something?:lmfao::hmm:

utmom2008
07-23-2008, 03:42 AM
This is way off topic so excuse me,i know you guys/gals like to abreviate words, help me out..what does ETA stand for. Send me a message or something?:lmfao::hmm:

ETA=Elvis Tribute Artist.

Unchained Melody
07-23-2008, 03:44 AM
Pardon ... ?

Will have to look at the site I found this at...was said on another forum the person said it come from one of Hopkins books they had read..

Awickedreigndrop
07-23-2008, 06:58 AM
I voted for the impersonatiors because most of them don't portray Elvis properly.

Dudcowboy_1
07-23-2008, 07:20 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i0JcmYoTGDQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i0JcmYoTGDQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
(Tim Dudley- first time in 3 years I did this song forgot couple words.)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fb6UpLmiS1c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fb6UpLmiS1c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
( Elvis Presley- and I don't care what you say he had his voice and look up til the day he died! This was best version!)

Diane
07-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Your video didn't come through Tim. Do it again and show them what a good ETA looks and sounds like!(y)

Diane

Dudcowboy_1
07-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Not sure what I did...I hit youtube button and put in the link of the video...am I to put the HTML of it instead?

MIElvis
07-24-2008, 04:52 AM
It wasn't that bad. Some say Elvis was on stage only 30 minutes, that's baloney. If it was so bad why was the review in the local paper by a highly respected writer pretty much glowing? I will say it was more sedate than the following Friday night show I saw but I attribute that to it being an afternoon matinee show. Both Elvis and the audience were still waking up!!!!

MIElvis
07-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Don't believe everything you read , quoting it doesn't make you an expert. I was there I speak from seeing and hearing it myself.

utmom2008
07-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Not sure what I did...I hit youtube button and put in the link of the video...am I to put the HTML of it instead?

You need to put in all the letters and numbers that follow the = sign.:)

Dudcowboy_1
07-24-2008, 05:20 AM
There we go I fixed them...again sorry for messing up couple words of My Way this was first time I have performed it since 2005.

Love to all,
Tim

Dudcowboy_1
07-24-2008, 05:27 AM
if anyone has this footage of Elvis from 1977 singin this in wma format please message me on yahoo im at Dudcowboy_1 i like to do something with this footage and mine.

Love to all,
Tim

Unchained Melody
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
I like the photos you have on the screen behinde you going as you perform...(y)

Diane
07-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah! There's that nice deep voice Tim.(y)

Diane

ehollier
07-26-2008, 04:13 PM
You know, I've never given this much thought, but I stumbled upon this this morning and was in awe of this guy's talent, but what's absolutely AMAZING is that audience's reaction to him......check out the reaction of everyone there........

E7Q2B0rdp-8&feature=related

Diane
07-26-2008, 04:50 PM
We saw this on America's Got Talent. I found him to be quite good as an ETA but give me a break....Elvis was NOT back. Some women get excited over anything which tells me they didn't know Elvis at all.

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-26-2008, 05:20 PM
You know, I've never given this much thought, but I stumbled upon this this morning and was in awe of this guy's talent, but what's absolutely AMAZING is that audience's reaction to him......check out the reaction of everyone there........

E7Q2B0rdp-8&feature=related

Sorry but it's not the real thing (n)

ehollier
07-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Sorry but it's not the real thing (n)

I never said that he was the real thing nor that this guy has talent (I've never even watched this show!!), but the audience's reaction to him, as if he were actually Elvis, was phenomenal.

utmom2008
07-26-2008, 06:11 PM

Their reaction???CREEPY.:blink:(n)

We saw this on America's Got Talent. I found him to be quite good as an ETA but give me a break....Elvis was NOT back. Some women get excited over anything which tells me they didn't know Elvis at all.

Diane

You are right about that Diane. Some people are obviously easy to please.:lol::lol: Another reason I'm not into ETA's, they make me very sad. They are SOOOOO far removed from the real thing that it's not even funny.(n)

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-26-2008, 06:24 PM
I never said that he was the real thing nor that this guy has talent (I've never even watched this show!!), but the audience's reaction to him, as if he were actually Elvis, was phenomenal.

IMO that just goes to show that people really have lost touch of the real deal and that record companies and 'Warner' could capitalise on some direct marketing along side some quality merchandise.

utmom2008
07-26-2008, 06:30 PM
IMO that just goes to show that people really have lost touch of the real deal and that record companies and 'Warner' could capitalise on some direct marketing along side some quality merchandise.

Yes...they have lost touch. They have NO idea.:wacko::blink:(n)

Diane
07-26-2008, 08:26 PM
I agree. As I said on the other post also with this topic, you can never see the real deal and ever claim anyone else even comes close...even the very good ETA's...and there are some.

The ESSENCE of Elvis just isn't there! There is no person on earth that can be replaced or imitated to the full..no one unless that person is a clone and there again you could clone physically but since it's never been done with a human being, would the personality be the same?

Diane

utmom2008
07-26-2008, 08:33 PM
I agree. As I said on the other post also with this topic, you can never see the real deal and ever claim anyone else even comes close...even the very good ETA's...and there are some.
The ESSENCE of Elvis just isn't there!

You summed it up perfectly. When I saw the 2 ETA's I wanted so badly to go up to those women and say "what on earth is wrong with you? Have you gone crazy, or what?":lmfao:
:notworthy:king::notworthy

Diane
07-26-2008, 08:58 PM
I feel the same Rosanne. It's so darn shallow isn't it? Where's the real love for Elvis for himself?

Diane

Unchained Melody
07-26-2008, 09:07 PM

Couldn't agree more Matt...its sad...why would someone rather watch this junk when they could be watching the real deal..(n)

Diane
07-26-2008, 09:18 PM
I do want to post something about our resident ETA Tim Dudley. He is one I can enjoy simply because he does not get up on stage and pretend he is Elvis. He gets up there without any arrogance and uses his lovely deep voice that is all his own, does some Elvis moves very well and is there to give people an idea of what they missed to those who have never gotten the chance to see Elvis.

He wants people to remember Elvis and it's his way of doing this. He has a deep love and respect for Elvis and it shows.

Diane

Unchained Melody
07-26-2008, 09:19 PM
I do want to post something about our resident ETA Tim Dudley. He is one I can enjoy simply because he does not get up on stage and pretend he is Elvis. He gets up there without any arrogance and uses his lovely deep voice that is all his own, does some Elvis moves very well and is there to give people an idea of what they missed to those who have never seen them.

He is an ETA that has deep love and respect for Elvis and it shows.

Diane

Tim I respect you for what you do keeping the memory and legacy of Elvis alive...it just isn't my thing..but there are tons that do and as long as you are making people happy thats all that matters my friend. :notworthy(y)

presley31
07-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Tim and conor(From TKC court) will always be great in my eyes they show respect for elvis and thats what matters to me, not these guys running around with jumpsuits and try to act like elvis and some of them are plan disgusting with there looks, if you have no class and respect for elvis than its pointless being a ETA and thats something that l don't have time for now and forever.

Diane
07-26-2008, 11:55 PM
I have to agree with you Jen. Fr. Conor (Elvis Priestly) also does a wonderful job. His rendition of "Please Don't Stop Loving Me" brings me to tears...literally.

Diane

Unchained Melody
07-26-2008, 11:56 PM
I have to agree with you Jen. Fr. Conor (Elvis Priestly) also does a wonderful job. His rendition of "Please Don't Stop Loving Me" brings me to tears...literally.

Diane

Are there any videos of Conor's performances on youtube etc to see?(y)

Diane
07-27-2008, 12:08 AM
There were Jon, don't know if they're still there. There's another ETA that's using the same name....let me go check.....no sorry Jon, the one I had bookmarked has been removed and I haven't found any other.

Diane

Unchained Melody
07-27-2008, 12:15 AM
There were Jon, don't know if they're still there. There's another ETA that's using the same name....let me go check.....no sorry Jon, the one I had bookmarked has been removed and I haven't found any other.

Diane

Thats ok Diane thanks for looking anyhow...didn't know father Conor from TKC was an ETA...:blush:

presley31
07-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Thats ok Diane thanks for looking anyhow...didn't know father Conor from TKC was an ETA...:blush:

Not really a ETA he just does it for fun and has sang a couple of times for us at the radio shows.

Getlo
07-27-2008, 12:23 AM
I do want to post something about our resident ETA Tim Dudley. He is one I can enjoy simply because he does not get up on stage and pretend he is Elvis.

With all due repsect to Tim ... how then does your theory explain his jumpsuits?! ;)

As for the lack of essence from ETA's, this applies to all tribute artists and cover bands.

I'd rather watch a scratchy copy of Harum Scarum on TV than sit through an impersonator's show.

Diane
07-27-2008, 02:59 AM
Same reasoning as singing Elvis songs Getlo. For the people who have never seen Elvis or these jumpsuits in person and to create the atmosphere.

Diane

Unchained Melody
07-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Same reasoning as singing Elvis songs Getlo. For the people who have never seen Elvis or these jumpsuits in person and to create the atmosphere.

Diane

If they want that then before going to seen an ETA I would suggest them watching the dvds TTWII, EOT, Aloha, and '68 NBC Special.(y)

Getlo
07-27-2008, 03:11 AM
If they want that then before going to seen an ETA I would suggest them watching the dvds TTWII, EOT, Aloha, and '68 NBC Special.(y)

EXACTLY! (y)

I don't need some guber up on stage in a jumpsuit to recreate Elvis for me, thanks all the same ...

utmom2008
07-27-2008, 03:34 AM
I don't need some guber up on stage in a jumpsuit to recreate Elvis for me, thanks all the same ...

(y)(y) (y)(y) (y)(y)

Dudcowboy_1
07-27-2008, 05:16 AM
Thank you all for the lovely comments. Mean the world getting support from the Elvis world. Like I said in other topic. I really truely love Elvis and I love doing this. Its hard to explain why I do this.

But to better sum it up than last topic. Elvis helped me in my bad and good times in my life with his music, and image and etc. This is my way of saying "Thank You" to him.

Like Elvis said..."If You Love Me Let Me Know, if you don't well.....there is the door, and other one over there and there. LOL"

Love to all,
Tim

Diane
07-27-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't know how anyone can be so harsh and judgmental about someone they've never seen or met.

Tim does his performances for charities not for some personal glory.

Diane

presley31
07-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't know how anyone can be so harsh and judgmental about someone they've never seen or met.

Diane

I agree 100% diane(y)(y)

TotallyInsane
07-27-2008, 03:38 PM

Diane

Diane
There's all kinds of gubers in the world!!:D

MissyM
07-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Well, I don't have a problem with impersonators at all. Well, maybe the one that has recently been contracted to be the offical one at Graceland. That's just too spooky for me.
Lots of star have impersonators, so why wouldn't Elvis? In some ways it shows how great he was. Because no matter how good they are, how close to replicating his whole personhood, they still are far off.

Dudcowboy_1
07-27-2008, 04:24 PM
MissyM talking about Shawn Klush? Well he won first ever EPE Contest so he's under contract with them.

Love to all,
Tim

utmom2008
07-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Tim.....if the money you get is going to charity, then I feel like you are exempt from this category. In this little town that I am in we have ONE bar, and it's alot like the bar in the movie "Roadhouse". A few years back one of our local goobers had a birthday so his wife threw a surprise party for him at this bar. For entertainment??? She hired a stripper and an ETA, and they worked together.(n)(n)

I have always enjoyed Ronny McDowell..he sounds like Elvis, but doesn't try to be Elvis.

V_tv-_3UtjU

epmoodyblue
07-27-2008, 06:27 PM
neither..it was all good 4 me..no matter what elvis was the best(y):notworthy:king: elvis in concert should be oficially released on dvd its part of history....elvis wax not a monster in 77..all those dumb *** bootlegers are cashing in on the cbs special (n)

Unchained Melody
07-27-2008, 08:53 PM
neither..it was all good 4 me..no matter what elvis was the best(y):notworthy:king: elvis in concert should be oficially released on dvd its part of history....elvis wax not a monster in 77..all those dumb *** bootlegers are cashing in on the cbs special (n)

Completely agree my friend :!:(y)(y)(y)

Dudcowboy_1
07-28-2008, 03:09 AM
I must admit I do make money because at the time I had a part-time job and I had take time off work so...day off work is no pay so the person booking me had at lease cover my day off work and etc.

Almost every show I do the agreement is half goes to charity and other half to me. Because I have to pay bills and etc.

Love to all,
Tim

Diane
07-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Can't see anything wrong with that...everyone has to eat and you do bring in a lot for charities.

Diane

Unchained Melody
07-28-2008, 03:20 AM
Can't see anything wrong with that...everyone has to eat and you do bring in a lot for charities.

Diane

Agreed Diane....if its done with respect then I think its fine. But there are so many that make a joke out of it almost.

Diane
07-28-2008, 03:22 AM
I agree, the majority are bad and bad for Elvis' image but there are a few like Tim who really do it for the love of the man and with a lot of respect.

Diane

Dudcowboy_1
07-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Yes Diane I agree too. But you can tell which ones love elvis and others do it just to make joke or get women, etc.

Love to all,
Tim

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AFruuoiy8c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AFruuoiy8c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Unchained Melody
07-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Yes Diane I agree too. But you can tell which ones love elvis and others do it just to make joke or get women, etc.

Love to all,
Tim

Very true Tim just wanted to let you know I have most respect for you my friend as you i believe are a true fan and do it for the right reasons!

TCB buddy ;)

Dudcowboy_1
07-29-2008, 06:58 AM
I found this on youtube.com who you think they are trying to mimic wearing these suits? LMAO! Shows you how long ago and how long people have been trying to look like Elvis.

Love to all,
Tim

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tlkSGcrDqEE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tlkSGcrDqEE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

presley31
07-29-2008, 01:42 PM
I found this on youtube.com who you think they are trying to mimic wearing these suits? LMAO! Shows you how long ago and how long people have been trying to look like Elvis.

Love to all,
Tim

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tlkSGcrDqEE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tlkSGcrDqEE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tim l don't see anything :hmm:

Unchained Melody
07-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Me neither Tim:supriced:

Dudcowboy_1
07-29-2008, 03:55 PM
There you go...its fixed I forgot put object in the first line. See what I mean? Think Donny Osmond wanted be like Elvis? LOL

Love to all,
Tim

utmom2008
07-29-2008, 04:45 PM
There you go...its fixed I forgot put object in the first line. See what I mean? Think Donny Osmond wanted be like Elvis? LOL

Love to all,
Tim

I think Donny Osmond and I are about the same age. When I was in school my friends teased me all the time about Elvis, yet they all thought Donny Osmond was a "dreamboat" in his copycat jumpsuits.:lol::lol:

Diane
07-29-2008, 07:41 PM
It was fun seeing Donny in the "Elvis" suit. Thanks for posting this Tim.:D

Diane

franny
07-29-2008, 08:08 PM
I found this clip, he does sound a little like Elvis to me...There are some good ETA's, but unfortunately there's more bad ones'...

EP1D9TFXLFA

Diane
07-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Yes he does Franny. There are several who do sound quite close to Elvis but with each one there is something that sounds not right and you know it isn't Elvis. Elvis had his own special tempo in every song and pauses and breathing. No one can duplicate it.

Diane

franny
07-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes he does Franny. There are several who do sound quite close to Elvis but with each one there is something that sounds not right and you know it isn't Elvis. Elvis had his own special tempo in every song and pauses and breathing. No one can duplicate it.

Diane

Yes, of course Diane. :) I just wanted to post a clip of an ETA who sounded okay....There is only ONE Elvis!

franny

Diane
07-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Sorry Franny, I got carried away....He does sound like Elvis....but.....lol:lol:

Diane

utmom2008
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
There are several who do sound quite close to Elvis but with each one there is something that sounds not right and you know it isn't Elvis.
Diane

I agree with you Diane, and it's at that point that they start to irritate me.:blink::blink: I know...that makes no sense, but they make me want to say ummmm, stop trying to sound like Elvis.:lol:

Unchained Melody
07-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Its obvious many don't like them because they are trying to be what Elvis was and some that just don't float well with.

But there are some out there like Tim who are just as big of a fan as we are of Elvis' and just love singing his music nothing wrong with that.

SleepyJack
07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
I`m not a big fan of the ETS either but some do actually put on good,professional shows,have good replica suits etc,and some even have half-decent vocal chords.....and up to a point I don`t mind all of this,especially since the further we get away from 1977 the less likely there is to be people who had the chance to see a live Elvis Presley show and it (in a very small way) be something special to people......what really gets up my nose are the ones who you see hiring themselves out for shop openings and birthday parties with their ten dollar jumpsuits and those Godawful wigs.....that does harm the Elvis image in my opinion....please make it illegal!

Diane
07-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh yes Jack, there should be a heavy fine and some not little time in counselling.:lol:

Diane

Unchained Melody
08-01-2008, 02:05 AM
With EPE promoting ETA's i seriously see them being outlawed. :doh:

Dudcowboy_1
08-01-2008, 02:22 AM
Well EPE does step in now and well stop the jokes...but its hard for them watch over all of them. But trust me they watch...

Love to all,
Tim

Unchained Melody
08-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Well EPE does step in now and well stop the jokes...but its hard for them watch over all of them. But trust me they watch...

Love to all,
Tim

That is really good to hear Tim !:notworthy

Lord knows someone needs to.

renapap05
12-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't think the CBS Special made a bad impression to Elvis' legacy neither the impersonators...Elvis is #1 and still the King with both of the above:king:

Dino78
12-16-2008, 03:58 PM
I think a really bad impersonator would do more harm to Elvis' legacy than the EIC-Special could ever do.
In fact EIC is part of the history, that's who he was at this time. For that it couldn't destroy the legacy.

utmom2008
12-16-2008, 06:22 PM
I think a really bad impersonator would do more harm to Elvis' legacy than the EIC-Special could ever do.
In fact EIC is part of the history, that's who he was at this time. For that it couldn't destroy the legacy.

Good post....I agree with you!(y)

easyrider
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Impersonators!!!!!!

MissyM
12-17-2008, 01:00 PM
None, I don't mind impersonator at all. It stands to reason entertainers would do this, Elvis was the biggest. I really don't think people expect them to be that close to Elvis entertainment because they know it's impossible. But if people want to relive a bit of that wonder through them (good ones) then I can't blame them. I don't think anything will deminish his legacy.

Teddy
12-17-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't think any of these things have really affected Elvis's legacy in the least and we'd be underestimating the scale of his achievement if we did.

Let's have more confidence in his legacy than this! The guy led a pop-cultural revolution for pete's sake. He is universally acknowledged as the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Do we really think his accomplishments can be even dented by a few inadequate impersonators or the occasional less-than-flattering documentary?

Sure, we can express sadness at the lack of respect that some have had for his memory or frustration when we feel that his oeuvre is being mishandled- but we'd be flattering ourselves to think that this warrants our concern.
Opinions come and go but Elvis's legacy is untouchable. Let's stop worrying and start enjoying this notion! (y)

dstrattenfan
12-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I think it is a combo of both!!! People like Shawn Klush are fantastic but then u have the ones that are straight up jokes...When I saw EIC I felt much like everyone else how could they (Parker) let it be released....He was so sick in body and soul and it showed:'(

john carpenter
12-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks man, look's like we are tied. Interested in seeing what everyone else thinks. I guess had EIC not been aired or filmed, then maybe the rest of the world would not be under the impression that Elvis was always fat and 40 in a white suit therefor the impersonators would not all look like that.
I totally agree with you Col Jon Burrows(y)

Tigerman_69
12-28-2008, 01:13 AM
No doubt it's the stupid fat untalented guys dressed in cheap looking suits that look like they came from Wal-Mart. They do more harm to Elvis' legacy than his drug addition did. IMO all impersonators of all entertainers are all proven no life losers and should be banned from ever embarrassing themselves like they do in public.

Dudcowboy_1
12-28-2008, 03:26 AM
Tigerman,

Thank you for calling me "loser." LOL Gee think I will need threapy now.

Love to all,
Tim

Tigerman_69
12-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Tigerman,

Love to all,
Tim
Sorry man. I just don't like to see impersonators. I feel they're waisting their life away trying to live their life through someone else's fame.

utmom2008
12-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Tigerman,

Love to all,
Tim

Ignore the comment Tim.....you are NOT a loser.;):D

Diane
12-28-2008, 03:08 PM
There are some bad impersonators our there Tigerman but you are way off base about Tim......he's not one of them.

Diane

presley31
12-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Tigerman,

Love to all,
Tim

your no loser in my eyes tim:hug:

Dudcowboy_1
12-28-2008, 04:42 PM
I know...I love you all my friends....I was being starcastic (sp?)...

Love to all,
Tim

utmom2008
12-28-2008, 05:35 PM
There are some bad impersonators our there Tigerman but you are way off base about Tim......he's not one of them.

Diane

Well said!!:notworthy(y)(y)

Brian
12-29-2008, 05:22 AM
WoW!

another old thread revival

Cliff
12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
WoW!

another old thread revival

WOW!! Another observation that this is an old thread. Like I said before,sure the thread's old but there are a lot of new members around. Anyway somethings are worth revisiting.
http://www.forumsextreme.com/imgs1/aFu_GunMonkey.gif

Brian
12-30-2008, 01:14 AM
WOW!! Another observation that this is an old thread. Like I said before,sure the thread's old but there are a lot of new members around. Anyway somethings are worth revisiting.
http://www.forumsextreme.com/imgs1/aFu_GunMonkey.gif

In that case I would just start a new thread

Cliff
12-30-2008, 04:31 AM
I just about do my head in trying to work these guys out. Why would you want to be someone else?Are these guys so shallow and insecure that they have to be someone else to impress people.
I mean,at the end of the day it's already been done.I don't care how good they are, you can't beat the original. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery but I think these guy are stroking their own egos. I quite often hear the old BS that they're carrying on the Elvis legacy. Like,Elvis needs help? You see Elvis had the one ingredient these guys don't have ......charisma. I know it's been quoted many times before.But Johnny Carson was right when he said "If there was a God,the impersonaters would have died and Elvis would have lived" Amen!

utmom2008
12-30-2008, 06:00 AM
I know it's been quoted many times before.But Johnny Carson was right when he said "If there was a God,the impersonaters would have died and Elvis would have lived" Amen!

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

RustyWells
01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I voted impressonators... Although I know there are
some good ones out there...There is but one king,
and for those of us who never got to see him live,
there are the concert movies, which is so much better.

Mywayagain
01-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Not necessarily this one, but certain newsgroups and the "memories" of certain people.

Turbo
06-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Not necessarily this one, but certain newsgroups and the "memories" of certain people.

This is what bugs me, "memories" - "memories" that are made to sell books.

It must be so hurtful and aggravating to read lies.