PDA

View Full Version : He Loved His Momma!

Broussey
07-05-2008, 04:56 AM
My Stab at a tribute to elvis and his mom and how hard he took her death....:'( Hope you all like it ;)

http://www.slide.com/r/EUTg01Zr4j_Nakq33qrJYK21NcBSVTuF?previous_view=msc d_embedded_url&view=original

utmom2008
07-05-2008, 05:08 AM
Beautiful pictures and beautiful music!

kathy parkinson
07-05-2008, 06:40 AM
That was beautiful, thank you.

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I always found it interesting when I learned that when Elvis started out and was on the road all the time and would call and check up on his mama everynight, he was actually making sure that Vernon was beating up on her, or abusing her....

cibetty
07-05-2008, 11:41 AM
This was beautiful and very touching!! They were in really close connection!! I think much closer than an ordinary mother and son relationship. And it was the hardest time in Elvis' life when he lost her, I'm sure... She was his everything.

elvislady
07-05-2008, 12:37 PM
This is a beautiful clip broussey, we all know how much he loved his mom. i hope you dont mind me showing my tribute.
elvislady:D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkww9NcnpMU

Broussey
07-05-2008, 03:00 PM
This is a beautiful clip broussey, we all know how much he loved his mom. i hope you dont mind me showing my tribute.
elvislady:D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkww9NcnpMU

Nope go for it(y) .. For me i feel great after i make one

Broussey
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I always found it interesting when I learned that when Elvis started out and was on the road all the time and would call and check up on his mama every night, he was actually making sure that Vernon was beating up on her, or abusing her....

I dont think i ever herd that Vernon beat her, from what i herd she was a very strong woman didn't take his crap. At least that how they portray her, i thought he had to call her everything because she was scared when he would travel like her would get in a car accident or something like that ..... Where did u hear that from???:hmm:

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I dont think i ever herd that Vernon beat her, from what i herd she was a very strong woman didn't take his crap. At least that how they portray her, i thought he had to call her everything because she was scared when he would travel like her would get in a car accident or something like that ..... Where did u hear that from???:hmm:

All The Kings Men Video set. But yes she would get a temper to and threw a plate of tomatoes at Vernon and Lamar said he grabbed a bowl of peas and got under the kitchen table :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Diane
07-05-2008, 04:01 PM
I have that All The King's Men video set Brad and I know you liked it but I found it dwelled way too much on Elvis' negatives....I wanted to burn the whole set after I viewed it and have never looked at it again.

I have a feeling that Vernon didn't get much of a chance to beat up on Gladys. I don't think he could have gotten away with much. I think Elvis just kept in close touch because they both weren't used to being apart that much and both missed each other.....they were best friends as well as child and parent.

Diane

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I wanted to burn the whole set after I viewed it and have never looked at it again.

Diane

If this ever happens again, just drop me a PM i wil have a home for them :lmfao:

On a serious note, do you have the VHS Set, I looked for those on amazon and they were about 250 dollars for the original VHS Set :blink:

cameron
07-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Very beautiful, Broussey .(y)
I loved seeing Gladys with a smile on her face.
Some pictures I'd never seen.

Diane
07-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Yes Brad, it's the VHS set and I will keep you in mind if I get the urge to burn again. :lol:

Diane

utmom2008
07-05-2008, 05:32 PM

In the book Down At The End of Lonely Street there is some mention of abuse..it seemed to occur when he had been drinking. One night Gladys waited up for him and when he walked through the door she took a swing at him with her marble rolling pin. As E got bigger....the violence slowed down.

renapap05
12-11-2008, 03:31 PM
That was really touching and wonderful.Thanks Broussey:notworthy