PDA

View Full Version : Did Elvis have cosmetic surgery on his nose in 1956??

ehollier
07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Did Elvis have cosmetic surgery on his nose in 1956??

illona
07-01-2008, 07:47 PM
I think so. I don't know when he had it but his nose looks quite different in the 70's than it was in the early 50's.
I've always found beautiful his nose of the 70's; he had the profile of a greek god :blush:

Vegas King
07-01-2008, 08:09 PM
No he didn't have any surgery.I saw a lot of pictures in '50 an '70.His nose is the same.Maybe on some picture his nose looks different then usually.But No he didn't have cosmetic surgery on his nose!!!!!!!!

ElvisPresleyUK
07-01-2008, 08:33 PM

according to Sonny West Elvis did have cosmetic surgery on hhis nose, but this was not until the sixties as he sent Priscilla to get her ears pinned back and had George Klein have his nose done also so that he could see what the results would be like

mozzarella
07-04-2008, 12:04 AM
I believe Elvis didn't have any kind of surgery on his nose. It's just the same in the '50s, '60s and '70s. He only had an eyelift in June 1975. But if Sonny says so... Give us the proof!!!

KPM
07-04-2008, 12:16 AM
I have never seen any difference in his nose-except when he gained weight or when he was bloated looking.
Elvis had some sinus problems and when my sinuses cause me problems-my nose looks broader and larger. When I have a cold also my eyes and nose look different. In Elvis's case even how his eyebrows were shaped & dyed might make a difference in how broad his nose looks due to the distance from eyebrow to eyebrow. So since he was one of the most photographed people in the world surely you are going to run across pictures which are not as flattering in one way or another due to a variety of reasons IMO.

nabelt24
07-04-2008, 12:24 AM
I had read in a book by, I believe Joe Esposito, that they both had cosmetic surgery on their noses' some time during the army? It said that Elvis was nervous about it, so the Joe went first. After he saw the results he decided to do it himself.
Again, I think it was Joe... but I know for sure I read this and had heard this during an interview.
I believe it's very evident in photos of Elvis. Before '58, his nose was very broad. After, when he returned from Germany, there's a HUGE difference. You can see that his nose is more thin down the bridge.

Diane
07-04-2008, 12:32 AM
I don't know if Elvis ever had his nose done but I do know that everyone's nose changes as you get older and lose the baby roundness in the face...the features do get sharper in your thirties.

The only difference I can see in his nose from the fifties to the sixties is that his nostrils are a little narrower but as I said, that could be due to age.

Diane

KPM
07-04-2008, 12:40 AM
I had read in a book by, I believe Joe Esposito, that they both had cosmetic surgery on their noses' some time during the army? It said that Elvis was nervous about it, so the Joe went first. After he saw the results he decided to do it himself.
Again, I think it was Joe... but I know for sure I read this and had heard this during an interview.
I believe it's very evident in photos of Elvis. Before '58, his nose was very broad. After, when he returned from Germany, there's a HUGE difference. You can see that his nose is more thin down the bridge.
Like I said weight is a factor and there is a weight difference in the 1958 Elvis and the 1960 Elvis. The Elvis who went through basic training and served those 2 years was a much leaner and thinner person all the way around when he came out in 1960.
Take a look at "Follow that Dream" and once again his nose looks broader and wider-but he obviously weighs more than he did straight out of the service 2 years earlier. Same for "Paradise Hawaiian Style" or movies in that era his nose looks a little larger IMO-but so does the rest of him.

KPM
07-04-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't know if Elvis ever had his nose done but I do know that everyone's nose changes as you get older and lose the baby roundness in the face...the features do get sharper in your thirties.

The only difference I can see in his nose from the fifties to the sixties is that his nostrils are a little narrower but as I said, that could be due to age.

Diane
I agree I do not know the answer if he did or did not-but I just really do not see that much change, except as I noted earlier.

ElvisPresleyUK
07-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I believe Elvis didn't have any kind of surgery on his nose. It's just the same in the '50s, '60s and '70s. He only had an eyelift in June 1975. But if Sonny says so... Give us the proof!!!

i don't believe everything that Sonny West says, i am not simple minded...but if you look at pictures of Elvis in the fifties and then compare them with pictures from the sixties you can see that there is definitely less cartilage around his nose

Unchained Melody
07-04-2008, 12:40 PM

No, he did not.

presley31
07-04-2008, 01:46 PM
micheal jackson interview

What about the plastic surgery?
-All of Hollywood has plastic surgery! I don't know why they point me out. The press exagerated it. It's just to my nose. They want it to be everything. Just the nose isn't enough. Elvis had his nose done Lisa Marie told me. They don't talk about that. They singled me out. It's not fair.

source:http://lisamarie.at.infoseek.co.jp/lisanews6.htm

Not sure about this story..

Unchained Melody
07-04-2008, 02:07 PM
micheal jackson interview

What about the plastic surgery?
-All of Hollywood has plastic surgery! I don't know why they point me out. The press exagerated it. It's just to my nose. They want it to be everything. Just the nose isn't enough. Elvis had his nose done Lisa Marie told me. They don't talk about that. They singled me out. It's not fair.

source:http://lisamarie.at.infoseek.co.jp/lisanews6.htm

Not sure about this story..

Wacko Jacko would say that.

Give me proof then i'll believe it. Until then I'm saying NO to this rumor.

presley31
07-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Wacko Jacko would say that.

Give me proof then i'll believe it. Until then I'm saying NO to this rumor.

Don't you think that if elvis did have his nose done, the media would of been all over that story in a min:hmm: I doubt very much Lisa would tell micheal jackson anything.

Unchained Melody
07-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Don't you think that if elvis did have his nose done, the media would of been all over that story in a min:hmm:

No I don't because they weren't aware of the facelift or eye surgery he had in June 1975, they kept that a secret very well so I'm sure they could've done the same with the nose job surgery aswell, but i don't believe it ever occured though....jmo!

presley31
07-04-2008, 02:33 PM
No I don't because they weren't aware of the facelift or eye surgery he had in June 1975, they kept that a secret very well so I'm sure they could've done the same with the nose job surgery aswell, but i don't believe it ever occured though....jmo!

true but after all these years surely if elvis indeed have a nose job it would be out in the open just like everything in elvis life. I am pretty sure the boys would of mentioned that to in there books.

Tony Trout
07-04-2008, 03:10 PM
i don't believe everything that Sonny West says

I hate to burst your bubble but Sonny's telling the truth here....the bill for the surgery appeared on Sonny's BlueCross medical insurance. And Sonny was mad as hell because of it.

true but after all these years surely if elvis indeed have a nose job it would be out in the open just like everything in elvis life. I am pretty sure the boys would of mentioned that to in there books.

I tend to go along with the statement that Elvis did, in fact, have a nose job. Why don't y'all email EPE and ask?

presley31
07-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I hate to burst your bubble but Sonny's telling the truth here....the bill for the surgery appeared on Sonny's BlueCross medical insurance. And Sonny was mad as hell because of it.

I tend to go along with the statement that Elvis did, in fact, have a nose job. Why don't y'all email EPE and ask?

Tony you know we will never get a straight answer from EPE:P

ElvisPresleyUK
07-04-2008, 03:54 PM

I said that Sonny was telling the truth....what i meant was that i don't believe every story that Sonny says, but that this one does seem to be true

Chicago
07-04-2008, 04:34 PM
1957, Mar 18 (Mon.) On his arrival back home, Elvis‘ close friends were shocked at the change in his physical appearance. Most noticeably, his hair was dyed jet-black. On closer inspection, his nose, a little flattened since birth, was now straighter, and the acne scars on his face had disappeared. The last two of these changes were apparently the work of Hollywood’s “plastic surgeon to the stars,” Dr.Morry Parks.

[Lee Cotten- All Shook Up (1998), page 128]

Chicago

Broussey
07-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Well if you look at elvis's nose and you look at lisa marie's nose you'll have all your answers right there.. IMO!!!!!!

TCBGIRL
07-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Do you have the before and after picture?People change through the years.I've never really have notice any difference.He was beautiful since he was a child.
TCBGIRL

utmom2008
07-04-2008, 04:57 PM
This has gone around for years..the only book I have evr found that mentions much of it is Down At The End of Lonely Street. Go look at pics from "Love Me Tender"...it is the same beautiful nose that we saw for the rest of his life.;);););)

And who in their right mind is going to listen to Michael Jackson? He also said that he did not like little boys.;);););)

Tony Trout
07-04-2008, 04:58 PM

Do you have the before and after picture?People change through the years.I've never really have notice any difference.He was beautiful since he was a child.
TCBGIRL

Try to find a pic from '56 then a pic from the '69 press conference...that should show a difference.

utmom2008
07-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Try to find a pic from '56 then a pic from the '69 press conference...that should show a difference.

Look at "Love Me Tender"...look at "TTWII"...I see NO difference.

presley31
07-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Was it just Sonny west that said elvis had a nose job??

utmom2008
07-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Sorry...but this does not look like a nose that needs any help. Seriously...there are pics of him in the 70's where his nose seems bigger than in other pics. So much of it has to do with weight, camera angle ..etc.

utmom2008
07-04-2008, 05:42 PM
He was beautiful since he was a child.
TCBGIRL

Well of course he was beautiful as a child. The guy's jealousy is just rearing it's ugly head. The guys all wish he looked like this.;);)

ehollier
07-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I read two sources that said that after he filmed "Love Me Tender", he had a surgical procedure to change his nose only slightly. George Klein also had a complete nose job at the same time to sort of cover for Elvis. I really haven't compared photos side-by-side, but the outer sides of the bottom of his nose and the top part (bridge) do look slightly different (slimmer), but only a subtle difference.

utmom2008
07-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I still think it's tied into weight and camera angle. Look at these 2 pics..it does NOT look as slim as in pictures made a few years earlier.

Donut
07-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I don´t think he did anything to his nose either. To me it looks so wider in the 50´s as in the 70´s. I think it was only a matter or weight, he was extremely thin from 69 71.

Look his nose here, it changed with his weight and age just like to everybody.

TCBGIRL
07-05-2008, 01:40 AM
I Agree Rossane.he Was Always Beautiful.

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 02:26 AM
I Agree Rossane.he Was Always Beautiful.

Thats a strong comment.....:doh:

Diane
07-05-2008, 02:38 AM
Only if you just look on the outside Brad. He always had something special radiating from the inside no matter how ill he looked.

Diane

utmom2008
07-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Thats a strong comment.....:doh:
Not a comment Brad...it's the God's honest truth. Elvis looked better at his worst than most of you boys look on your best day.;);)

Only if you just look on the outside Brad. He always had something special radiating from the inside no matter how ill he looked.

Diane

Absolutely Diane!(y)(y)(y)(y)

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 09:38 AM

Tony, interesting you say this as I have All The Kings Men dvd playing right now as I read your reply Sonny was telling that story you just told, and Sonny was talking about the facelift from 1975, not the supposed nose job...

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 01:03 PM
A lot think its important. I wonder why? Millions of people have cosmetic surgery. That people discuss such unimportant matters as a nose job says a lot about them.

IMO at the end of the day its his music which is important.

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 01:07 PM

Diane

I agree he did always have something special about him...but you can't deny the fact he looked really bad the last two years...some photo's i've seen are very disheartening.:supriced:

Diane
07-05-2008, 01:32 PM
No, I don't deny that Brad. Some photos do break your heart but everyone takes bad photos at times and I wonder if some exaggerate and just show him worse than he really looked at the time.

The only place I've seen him look so ill it was scary was the EIC. It was the first time I'd seen him look that way and it depressed me no end. His face so swollen and the heavy makeup was a shock but then he smiled.......and that's when I cried.

Diane

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 01:35 PM
No, I don't deny that Brad. Some photos do break your heart but everyone takes bad photos at times and I wonder if some exaggerate and just show him worse than he really looked at the time.

The only place I've seen him look so ill it was scary was the EIC. It was the first time I'd seen him look that way and it depressed me no end. His face so swollen and the heavy makeup was a shock but then he smiled.......and that's when I cried.

Diane

You should've seen him in Lake Tahoe in May of '76...but he said, "it was just the altitude"....:supriced:

cameron
07-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I missed getting tickets when he was in Missoui June 1977.
Saw some pictures at a record store afterwards. He looked very ill.
Yet, I've seen other pictures since where he looked pretty good. Sometimes it is just the way the picture is taken IMO.

Unchained Melody
07-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I missed getting tickets when he was in Missoui June 1977.
Saw some pictures at a record store afterwards. He looked very ill.
Yet, I've seen other pictures since where he looked pretty good. Sometimes it is just the way the picture is taken IMO.

It was interesting as the tour progessed how much better he started to look. The Febuary 12-21st 1977 tour is a prime example of that.

Diane
07-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm glad I didn't see him then Brad. I would have had a hard time with it since the last we saw him there was in '73 and he looked fantastic.

Diane

utmom2008
07-05-2008, 05:44 PM

Diane

You have heard me talk about EIC many times. It just killed me to see him that way. You are so right Diane...when he smiled it became that much sadder for me. I stood in the raquetball court in April standing mere inches from that Sundial suit...with EIC playing right next to it on a flat screen. It was VERY emotional for me.:blush: I still, 31 years later, wanted to say "Oh God...how did he get to this stage?" It makes me that much more determined that he is at peace now.:sad::sad:

midnight
07-05-2008, 08:49 PM
I think it was seeing Elvis at the end of his life made his death a little easier to accept. There is no way to look at EIC without realizing he was suffering inside and out. Yet that beautiful smile remained! It was such a sad ending to a beautiful life! I am sure he is happy now. God Bless him.

ElvisPresleyUK
07-05-2008, 09:32 PM
It's just weird to think that the young 'dangerous' new talent of '56 is the same troubled man that left us in '77. Almost as if they should be different people

Diane
07-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Everyone changes in looks and personality as we get older to a degree. And I agree it might have been harder to accept Elvis' death if he had looked happy and healthy as he did in Aloha or say even in 1975. This way we can at least say he's not suffering anymore.

I say that then I think, why did things have to turn out the way they did for him in the first place....that's my negative side and it sometimes nags a lot. My mother always said life wasn't fair and she wasn't kiddin'.

Diane

KPM
07-05-2008, 10:08 PM
1957, Mar 18 (Mon.) On his arrival back home, Elvis‘ close friends were shocked at the change in his physical appearance. Most noticeably, his hair was dyed jet-black. On closer inspection, his nose, a little flattened since birth, was now straighter, and the acne scars on his face had disappeared. The last two of these changes were apparently the work of Hollywood’s “plastic surgeon to the stars,” Dr.Morry Parks.

[Lee Cotten- All Shook Up (1998), page 128]

Chicago
Notice that it does not say "were the work of" instead its "were apparently the work of...."
I would say that is a "non committal" way of phrasing it.
IMO it means not enough proof to state equivically as fact.

Diane
07-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm pretty sure it was in Charlie Hodge's book that he said Elvis had had some type of "sanding" procedure done in the late fifties to get rid of the acne scars not plastic surgery.

Still not sure about the nose but if something was done there, it was very minor.

Diane

KPM
07-05-2008, 10:20 PM
It's just weird to think that the young 'dangerous' new talent of '56 is the same troubled man that left us in '77. Almost as if they should be different people
Does any of the "young dangerous new talent" ever stay that way after 20 years. They all change- for the worse or the better physically, mentally and philosophically.
Because we saw the "young dangerous new talent" in 56 does not mean he was without troubles, nor problems-maybe they just did not show as much. Parker certainly worked hard to avoid any appearance of problems and Elvis himself probably wanted that as well. Hard to compare a 20 year old green kid with the world at his feet-to a world weary man of 42 whos feet are now getting tired and bored.

Wendy56
07-06-2008, 05:11 AM
I think he had a beautiful nose... face, hair, body... :blush: Elvis was suh a beautiful loving person. :flowers:

utmom2008
07-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Well if you look at elvis's nose and you look at lisa marie's nose you'll have all your answers right there.. IMO!!!!!!

TCBGIRL

If he had a nose job done then he was due a refund on his money. Strange thing to me as to why his nose often looks wider in the 70's than it does in the 60's.:hmm::hmm::hmm: Must have been one of those re-growing nose jobs.;);) I'm just happy that it never fell off..they say his ex son-n-law is one "job" away from his nose just falling off of his face. Of course, with all the big whoppers that MJ has told through the years his should grow back really fast.;);):lol::lol:

SeeSeeRider777
07-06-2008, 05:51 AM
What is a shame is that those last 2 bad years, shaped the way Elvis is seen today by a lot of young people. They dont look at the whole career and life of Elvis, they just remember him as the fat guy who died on the toilet. Sad.

ElvisPresleyUK
07-06-2008, 07:46 AM
What is a shame is that those last 2 bad years, shaped the way Elvis is seen today by a lot of young people. They dont look at the whole career and life of Elvis, they just remember him as the fat guy who died on the toilet. Sad.

exactly....when i was at school the other day we ended up talking about him and the things that people said really broke me :'( especially as these are the same people that claim to be my friends

midnight
07-06-2008, 11:48 AM
People say he had cosmetic surgery done on his nose etc, because they can`t believe anyone can be naturally that good looking! !

ElvisPresleyUK
07-06-2008, 02:17 PM
People say he had cosmetic surgery done on his nose etc, because they can`t believe anyone can be naturally that good looking! !

now thats something i can whole heartedly believe....there never will be anyone as amazing to look at than Elvis:wub:

MojoElvis
07-06-2008, 02:39 PM
according to Sonny West Elvis did have cosmetic surgery on hhis nose, but this was not until the sixties as he sent Priscilla to get her ears pinned back and had George Klein have his nose done also so that he could see what the results would be like

I believe you're right. It just got perfected at one point. His nostrils used to be wider. I also read that, he had it done in 1956 after he saw his mug shot photo taken from when he hit the gas station attendant. He might have had it defined but I really don't see that much of a difference.

karlos
07-06-2008, 02:52 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no - i do not think so - how absurd to think this . he looked great during this time,and during his career .

utmom2008
07-06-2008, 05:43 PM

now thats something i can whole heartedly believe....there never will be anyone as amazing to look at than Elvis:wub:

OMG!! That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Maybe the "sour grapes" syndrome. I know this...if he had plastic surgery done he should have passed on the name of the Doc to Prissy. She didn't even pick a real Doc, let alone a good one.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Unchained Melody
07-06-2008, 06:29 PM

It isn't that surprising when you think about it.

He was thrown into some much at such a young age, money cars women drugs, he handled it the best way he could. He had so much going against him in the end, and really most was self inflicted on himself, but I try not to dwell on it, and enjoy it all.

Sure he didn't look great always in 1977, but he was still the man, more human than ever. Here he was onstage during EIC, here I am, I'm sick overweight, but its me....