PDA

View Full Version : If Elvis were able to see us now

ElvisPresleyUK
06-29-2008, 05:35 PM
What do you think he would make of the way people treat him, the good and the bad..the way so many people impersonate him...and the way that no matter what happens or what he said people still call him King and Pelvis?

I think he would sure like to kick certain people's asses....but what do you think?

Vegas King
06-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I think that he would be happy because 31 years after he passed away we didn't forgot him.They named him King because his talent not because he do or said something.Impersonating Elvis peoples show their respect to him.:!::!:

The Phoenix
06-29-2008, 06:59 PM
I think he'd be shocked to see how huge his popularity is after all these years and how many new fans are out there that weren't even alive when he died. (he asked on a number occasions if they thought people would remember him when he was gone,,,,such a humble man)

while i'm on the topic, i think Elvis would be equally shocked at how much of a money hungry circus Graceland has become and all the cheap merchandise they distribute.

ElvisPresleyUK
06-29-2008, 07:16 PM
I think he'd be shocked to see how huge his popularity is after all these years and how many new fans are out there that weren't even alive when he died. (he asked on a number occasions if they thought people would remember him when he was gone,,,,such a humble man)

while i'm on the topic, i think Elvis would be equally shocked at how much of a money hungry circus Graceland has become and all the cheap merchandise they distribute.

I know what you mean.....i'm only 16 and love Elvis to bits, he is the greatest person to ever be a part of music history..nope..the world

SweetCaroline
06-29-2008, 08:03 PM
In my opinion...
:king:I think ELVIS would be smiling with great joy at being remembered lovingly by so many:D....and frowning in sadness of betrayal by so many of those that were closest to his heart. :(
Smiling :D that his fans still love him and his music...and so many new fans have joined the flock. Smiling to see his beautiful grandchildren.
Shocked and sad :( to see how many of his friends betrayed his trusted love, friendship, and confidences for the almighty dollar.

hgs262626
06-29-2008, 10:04 PM
IMO overall elvis would be delighted with the way he has been remembered

john carpenter
06-29-2008, 10:44 PM
I believe Elvis would be amazed at the turn out for the 30th anniversary at Graceland.If he could see the many devoted fans who turn out every year to honor his memory. And that Graceland is a historical momument. And that his face is on a U.S. postage stamp. But alot of things he would be shocked at such as gas prices, food prices ect, The world has changed so much in the past 30 years since his passing. But our love and devotion hasn't.:notworthy:king::'(

SweetCaroline
06-29-2008, 11:11 PM
I believe Elvis would be amazed at the turn out for the 30th anniversary at Graceland.If he could see the many devoted fans who turn out every year to honor his memory. And that Graceland is a historical momument. And that his face is on a U.S. postage stamp. But alot of things he would be shocked at such as gas prices, food prices ect, The world has changed so much in the past 30 years since his passing. But our love and devotion hasn't.:notworthy:king::'(

Nice post. (y) Wouldn't ELVIS love the big screen digital tvs.. and be amazed :supriced: at the communication with the internet and his fans having gathering spots on it to still honor him....and the beautiful video tributes done in his honor even now!

KPM
06-30-2008, 01:03 AM
I have no idea what he would think-but since it seems he was always amazed at how he was received-even the last few years after seeing the adulation his whole career-I would assume he would still be amazed and happy. I would hope he would smile and laugh at the hoopla.

TotallyInsane
06-30-2008, 11:45 AM
He would probably say "you people need to get a life"!!! (just kidding) :lmfao::lmfao:

President Presley
06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
He'd say, ****, wish I made more records for my fans and could tour Europe for them...
oh well... maybe in a next life.... or is he back yet?

Unchained Melody
06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
I think he would be amazed at how so many still dedicate their lifes and much of their time to him, and find it all still unbelievable just like he did when he was alive!(y)

rickb
06-30-2008, 01:12 PM
he would be amazed at the constant adoration that continues to this day, just as it did each time he stepped on stage right up to June 26, 1977

cameron
06-30-2008, 01:13 PM
What do you think he would make of the way people treat him, the good and the bad..the way so many people impersonate him...and the way that no matter what happens or what he said people still call him King and Pelvis?

I think he would sure like to kick certain people's asses....but what do you think?

After the *** kicking and him telling it "The Way It Was "---and setting the record straight ;I believe he would be amazed at all the " hoopla" that surrounds him .

For me; I'd never want him to see and feel all the negatives that some "friends" and so called fans have to say about him.
I'd just have to hope he never lived long enough to experience that.
As for the ETA's; he never seemed to mind the few that were around then.

SweetCaroline
06-30-2008, 08:47 PM
He would probably say "you people need to get a life"!!! (just kidding) :lmfao::lmfao:

:lol::lmfao::lol:That very sentence crossed my mind, too. :lmfao::lol:::lmfao:

Merry
07-01-2008, 08:01 PM
I'd hope we'd be able to strike up a conversation :D

ElvisPresleyUK
07-01-2008, 08:08 PM
would be great if he did the tours over in Europe...he could play in the concert halls and arenas that weren't even built back in the seventies

*starts dreaming*

Merry
07-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Singing his beloved Gospel, if he felt like entertaining, or he may just want to have fun, kick back, and enjoy life! :):hug:

Genie
07-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Oddly enough I am replying to what is just taken for granted. That we all love him very much. He knew this, and he still knows, if we are to believe that there is a life after this.
Personally life has never been the same without Elvis.
And yet I contradict myself, knowingly..that a person can be loved to death.. too much too long, and too intrusive. Love can be claimed, but not shown. Love can be suffocating to the point of wishing the person disliked you instead.
The question remains, in my humble opinion, who or which of any of us that say we love Elvis, really mean it. Only he would know that. Sometimes loving someone that much, you need to let go. Let them breathe, let them live.