http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/896080/CopyofElvisVegas02.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/896080/ElvisVegas09.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/896080/CopyofElvisVegas04.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/896080/CopyofElvisVegas05.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/896080/CopyofElvisVegas08.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/896080/ElvisVegas07.jpg

midnight
06-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Beautiful photos Gail! Did you take these yourself? Was this the concert you attended? He looks very tired... Thanks for posting them. Kim

TotallyInsane
06-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Yes, I was there but did not take these!!!! He does look very tired but he was in a good mood that night!! As you can see from most every one of these he was smiling!!

Diane
06-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Looking tired or not, that smile was there. Thanks for the great pictures Gail.(y)

Diane

midnight
06-21-2008, 07:38 PM
He seems like such a sweet man. You are so lucky Gail to have experienced all you did in the Elvis world!!! You and Rosanne have lived every Fan`s dream. I love all your stories. I could listen to them over and over. You keep sharing them to all you meet, People need to know how special he really was. Kim

Merry
06-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh I found "more" lol.

Thank you Gail, these are wonderful posts.

Hugs,
Kimmi

LianaKaralivanou
06-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Just great...I suppose you were there, Gail, right? It is wonderful that you want to share all these memories with us...I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll post next.

Jungleroom76
06-21-2008, 11:49 PM
THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS GAIL!!!! (y)

He definitely looks like he is in a good mood in these photos, and he looks much better than he did during the summer '76 tours!! Too bad it only lasted through the end of the year... :'(

TCB!
Mike

Tommy
06-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the photos, excellent(y) you should post them in the Gallery.

IM4Elvis
06-22-2008, 04:42 AM
Thanks so much for these awesome pics!

utmom2008
06-22-2008, 05:03 AM
Where did you get these pics?:doh:

TotallyInsane
06-22-2008, 05:06 AM
Where did you get these pics?:doh:

I've got friends in low places!!!!!

utmom2008
06-22-2008, 05:10 AM
The 3rd pic is interesting to me.:hmm::hmm: Is his hair thinning on top?:hmm::doh:

TotallyInsane
06-22-2008, 05:12 AM
The 3rd pic is interesting to me.:hmm::hmm: Is his hair thinning on top?:hmm::doh:

I'm sure it was from the drug use!!

utmom2008
06-22-2008, 05:26 AM

Did you know they can test your hair and see what drugs are in your system? Maybe someone was pulling his hair out and running tests on it.:doh::doh::doh:

TotallyInsane
06-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Did you know they can test your hair and see what drugs are in your system? Maybe someone was pulling his hair out and running tests on it.:doh::doh::doh:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

utmom2008
06-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Beautiful photos Gail! Did you take these yourself? Was this the concert you attended? He looks very tired... Thanks for posting them. Kim

I agree with you Kim...he does look tired. IMO...the eye job that he had done in 75 made his eyes take on a "tired" look that he did not have prior to the surgery. I know alot of people tried to talk him out of it..it's a shame he didn't listen. Especially since the lift had the opposite effect on him. Thank the Lord he didn't have the complete face-lift.:notworthy:notworthy

utmom2008
06-22-2008, 06:06 AM

Well, you know there is that interview with Dr. Nick that was put on here a few weeks back? :lol: The one where Nick says that he could anticipate before a show what moves Elvis was going to do that would cause him pain? That way...he could go and give E the medicine he needed before the pain set in. I guess Nick was testing his hair in some secret lab to learn all these things in advance. I wonder how often Nick thinks back on his lab days as he's shuffling his paperwork at Fed Ex.;););)
Oh...and the best part? Remember..the only rehab place that he knew of was located in Arkansas.:lol:

Unchained Melody
06-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I've got friends in low places!!!!!

Where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away.

On a serious note, these are GREAT photo's. This Las Vegas engagement varies in quality.

1) December 2nd - 4th ~ Very good and strong shows.
2) December 5th - 8th ~ mediocre to average shows, mostly due to the fact that
Elvis sprained his ankle on the 5th.
3) December 9th -12th ~ Good shows again with the MS on the 11th being a
fantastic one with Elvis in a very playfull and laughing
mood without overdoing it too much. Just genuine
humor and a fantastic show.

Unchained Melody
06-22-2008, 01:47 PM
_mFWEo9IUwA
Thought this would fit better in this thread. 12.12.76 closing show in vegas last show ever there..

TotallyInsane
06-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks Brad for that one!! There has got to be one video of the last SONG SOMEWHERE out there. There were these people from Japan sitting next to us with these fancy cameras - WHERE ARE THEY?????????????? I have looked for 31 years!!!!

OK - I'M GETTING OLD AND I'M ALMOST DESPERATE TO FIND THIS!!! If anyone can find the last song at the last show in Vegas that shows me on top of a table getting a scarf - you can have one of my scarves. Now, that's how desperate I am!!!!!!

Unchained Melody
06-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Glad you like the video Gail if i come across it you'll be the first person i get in touch with.

utmom2008
06-22-2008, 05:18 PM
There were these people from Japan sitting next to us with these fancy cameras - WHERE ARE THEY?????????????? I have looked for 31 years!!!!

They probably took the video they have of you back home and created "ElvisWorldJapan. Then they all sat around and had a good laugh at the crazed American girl.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Unchained Melody
06-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Makes you wonder what those japanese fans did with the videos, sure would love it if they decided to release it. Could the video i posted from closing night 12-12-76 possibly be filmed by them? One can only hope more footage from the show is out there somewhere.

vivalasvegas
06-23-2008, 11:41 PM
i was there, too. i was in the balcony. on leave from the navy. i flew in from hawaii just to see elvis and yeah, to see my family for christmas, too. ;) still have my leave papers. :)
btw, this is the first and only hilton show where tickets were issued with seat assignments. altho i know many didn't adhere to it. but like i said, i was stuck in the balcony. i did not pick that. that's what i got in the mail. :(

little did i know that would be the last time i would see him. :'(

i do believe larry patrick has footage from the show.
check out:
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/king_video/kvh.htm

glad that video is up on you tube. i was stunned to watch it. i just can't remember anything visually from that show, but i remember the songs! i have the 'black diamond' bootleg on cassette.

oh, i have a picture of the show and it was taken by JN Kilpatrick.

TotallyInsane
06-24-2008, 12:35 AM
i was there, too. i was in the balcony. on leave from the navy. i flew in from hawaii just to see elvis and yeah, to see my family for christmas, too. ;) still have my leave papers. :)
btw, this is the first and only hilton show where tickets were issued with seat assignments. altho i know many didn't adhere to it. but like i said, i was stuck in the balcony. i did not pick that. that's what i got in the mail. :(

little did i know that would be the last time i would see him. :'(

i do believe larry patrick has footage from the show.
check out:
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/king_video/kvh.htm

glad that video is up on you tube. i was stunned to watch it. i just can't remember anything visually from that show, but i remember the songs! i have the 'black diamond' bootleg on cassette.

oh, i have a picture of the show and it was taken by JN Kilpatrick.

WOW - you were there too!! Do you remember anything unusual about 2 overly excited fans during Can't Help Falling In Love?????

vivalasvegas
06-24-2008, 12:42 AM
what amazes me is i thought i remembered the show, but i don't. i ve been corrected at Elvis Insiders. :(

i evidently have a strong memory of some other show i saw in the balcony (march 75)

so, i m sorry, i don't remember ... :( with your story you would think that would be memorable!

that's why i m interested in getting a video of the show.

i saw elvis 25 times and some of it is just jumbled up...

TotallyInsane
06-24-2008, 12:59 AM
what amazes me is i thought i remembered the show, but i don't. i ve been corrected at Elvis Insiders. :(

i evidently have a strong memory of some other show i saw in the balcony (march 75)

so, i m sorry, i don't remember ... :( with your story you would think that would be memorable!

that's why i m interested in getting a video of the show.

i saw elvis 25 times and some of it is just jumbled up...

Oh, this is PonyupGirl from the Insiders. I think that was me on the insiders that had the discussion with you about the last show. Like you, I am very interested in getting a video of that show. I saw Elvis just as many times and there are some that I hardly recall...sad but true. Wish I had written the stories down after each show but I guess we live and learn.

vivalasvegas
06-24-2008, 01:26 AM
yep, i changed names to come over here. seemed more appropriate to have a vegas theme :) . my major focus has been to promote the star for elvis here in vegas.

MojoElvis
06-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Great Pics..thank you

Unchained Melody
06-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Too bad you guys weren't there for the Dinner Show on December 11th 1976. Priscilla and her parents were there for that one..and he sang My Way for her father...

utmom2008
06-24-2008, 06:51 AM
He seems like such a sweet man. You are so lucky Gail to have experienced all you did in the Elvis world!!! You and Rosanne have lived every Fan`s dream. I love all your stories. I could listen to them over and over. You keep sharing them to all you meet, People need to know how special he really was. Kim

Thank you Kim...I appreciate that! It's fans like yourself that make me keep on telling the stories.(y)(y)

Too bad you guys weren't there for the Dinner Show on December 11th 1976. Priscilla and her parents were there for that one..and he sang My Way for her father...

Gail was there on the 11th...I don't know if it was the DS or the MS.:hmm::hmm:

Unchained Melody
06-24-2008, 06:53 AM

Wonder if it was the dinner or midnight show she attended, maybe she remembers Elvis introducing Priscilla. He says theres someone in the audience whom I love dearly and then introduces her..it was quiet sad as he sang My Way next. CD can be found the the Winter Season In Las Vegas CDR set vol 13

rickb
06-24-2008, 01:20 PM
he seems fairly energetic there too
thanks for the clips and the photos
rick

Jumpsuit Junkie
06-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Here are some nice shots from this show, I have added some of the same, only slightly better quality :blush:

Elvis does look tired on these picture but does indeed seem in good spirits.
This raises the question of how Elvis could look worse than he did in 1977 IMO?

Jumpsuit Junkie
06-24-2008, 02:01 PM

These pictures are from December 11th afternoon show (y)

ehollier
06-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Wonder if it was the dinner or midnight show she attended, maybe she remembers Elvis introducing Priscilla. He says theres someone in the audience whom I love dearly and then introduces her..it was quiet sad as he sang My Way next. CD can be found the the Winter Season In Las Vegas CDR set vol 13

I think he also sang "Reconsider Baby" at the show with Priscilla and her parents. I read that somewhere.

Jumpsuit Junkie
06-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Just in case Gail went to the MS here are some from that one to :lol:

Unchained Melody
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I think he also sang "Reconsider Baby" at the show with Priscilla and her parents. I read that somewhere.

Yes he did perform the song, but got lost in it, forgetting much of the lyrics, nice attempt though.

Unchained Melody
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Matt those are some of the most beautiful photo's I've seen they are Superb and so is the quality of them. Not to often you find photo's from this engagement in such great quality. Hats off to you !!:notworthy

Jumpsuit Junkie
06-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Matt those are some of the most beautiful photo's I've seen they are Superb and so is the quality of them. Not to often you find photo's from this engagement in such great quality. Hats off to you !!:notworthy

Thanks Brad (y)

Unchained Melody
06-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Thanks Brad (y)

Your welcome Matt, keep up with sharing those fabulous photo's!!(y)

cibetty
06-25-2008, 12:04 AM
I've never seen these pics and that rare video! Thanks for sharing them!

SweetCaroline
06-25-2008, 02:01 AM
Thanks for starting such a wonderful thread and sharing such awesome pictures of your ELVIS TIMES with us Gail (and all the others who also contributed to the thread, too).
Your Vegas/Elvis stories are so awesome and I love coming here to read them!:notworthy(y):notworthy(y) Sweet Memories!