PDA

View Full Version : Elvis book

hounddog
06-18-2008, 07:06 AM
does anyone own this book? i'm thinking of buying it but was wondering if someone here owned it if they could give me some idea on how many non Aloha shots are in it.

ta
http://shop.elvis.com.au/prod201.htm

Unchained Melody
06-18-2008, 07:14 AM
Place sure is expensive isn't it. I just spend 140 dollars for sessions III and paid 55 dollars for shipping and now I find out they don't even have the book and have to order it and then send it to me:blink:(n)

Oh well lol, thats off topic, anyways, the book looks great to my eyes just things are so expensive but I'm sure its worth the money(y)

hounddog
06-18-2008, 10:37 AM
If the item is in stock it will have a box saying ticked saying in stock. I did the same thing you did. Have you looked at the Elviszilla site?

I agree they're a bit dear. I got Elvis Live in LA from Gracelands because even with paying $27 in postage $50dollars cheaper than Elvis Australia. But man they've got a good range of books.

Unchained Melody
06-18-2008, 10:48 AM
I couldn't find Elvis Sessions 3 on their :hmm::hmm:

And it's to late anyways, I'll just wait for mine to get here from Elvis Austrailia :)

Tommy
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Look on e-Bay for books, it's your best bet.(y)

utmom2008
06-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Looking at these books reminded me..I have ordered 68 at 40. It was a couple of months back..it won't come until August.(y)

hounddog
06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Ebay is great but the postage can be a killer or more often than not most of the sellers really don't want to post to Australia. I'm thinking of getting Thank You Very Much from Paul Lichter it's the same through his store as on his ebay site. Any one have that book?

Norway
06-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I have "Thank You Very Much". Most of the pics are bl/wh. as I recall, but amazing anyhow.

hounddog
06-19-2008, 05:16 AM
thanks Norway

utmom2008
06-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Look on e-Bay for books, it's your best bet.(y)

You are SOOOOO right Tommy.(y) Just need a little patience.;)

Unchained Melody
06-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Rossie, that Elvis 40 At 68 looks like a must have !!!!(y)(y)

Lisarose
06-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Looking at these books reminded me..I have ordered 68 at 40. It was a couple of months back..it won't come until August.(y),

Rosie, be sure to let us know about this book. It's one I had my eye on. Will have to check into it more seriously.

hounddog, I bought the Aloha book and was very pleased, but for 2 things:
1) it wasn't large enough - it needed tons more pages :D, and Mr. Kizaki is a huge fan who seemed to be and still is in awe of Elvis [who isn't?].
2) it is written in japanese and while most of the pages offer translations, there are more than a few pages at the end of the book that are not translated.

All of the photos are taken in Hawaii either on stage or during the press conference. There is a fabulous quote towards the end of the book:
"His eyes were confident, his hair shining and black. He was just perfectly beautiful. From the front, from the back, from any angle, Elvis' beauty was almost beyond jealousy."

Unchained Melody
06-25-2008, 06:36 AM

Rosie, be sure to let us know about this book. It's one I had my eye on. Will have to check into it more seriously.

hounddog, I bought the Aloha book and was very pleased, but for 2 things:
1) it wasn't large enough - it needed tons more pages :D, and Mr. Kizaki is a huge fan who seemed to be and still is in awe of Elvis [who isn't?].
2) it is written in japanese and while most of the pages offer translations, there are more than a few pages at the end of the book that are not translated.

All of the photos are taken in Hawaii either on stage or during the press conference. There is a fabulous quote towards the end of the book:
"His eyes were confident, his hair shining and black. He was just perfectly beautiful. From the front, from the back, from any angle, Elvis' beauty was almost beyond jealousy."

Thanks for the review of the book. It is one I would like to track down someday.

hounddog
06-25-2008, 11:14 AM
thanks Lisarose, does it have many pics that are not from the aloha via sat show?

Lisarose
06-25-2008, 02:57 PM
thanks Lisarose, does it have many pics that are not from the aloha via sat show?

Big Oops, here! So sorry, but the book includes photos from the Nov 17,18 shows and the Nov 20 press conference. I don't know what I was thinking, but there it is. At the end of the book he has printed several of the newspaper articles, but of course, they are in japanese with no translations.

Again, my apologies.

hounddog
06-26-2008, 12:11 AM
thanks Lisarose;):)

I really appreciate the details about the book. I will most likely by this one.

rhythmknights
06-27-2008, 04:46 AM
just looked this up on elvis.com.au and it's not available! :(

hounddog
06-27-2008, 08:00 AM
gone already, that's where i found it, oh well guess i'll be looking on ebay

Unchained Melody
06-27-2008, 12:06 PM
After I get my next purchase which is all of Tunzi's books for a very high price paid off, 68 at 40 is on the must have list !!