PDA

View Full Version : Elvis bringing children up on stage

elvisia
06-11-2008, 09:33 PM
This is cute......watch the little girl hanging on to his leg.....like she`s saying.."I`ll never let you go"...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-2HoUKZoY

EnigmaticSun
06-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Well isn't that cute? But we all know Elvis had a feeling for kids, not all musicians have it. Must have been a nice and good person. Thank you for sharing that!

Diane
06-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Nice to see this video...thanks for posting. I read Elvis didn't like the fact that some parents used their children to get a scarf as some little ones got very scared but these seemed quite at ease to be up there with him.

Diane

LianaKaralivanou
06-12-2008, 12:14 AM
This is so sweet! I like seeing Elvis with children. He was so tender with them...

Getlo
06-12-2008, 12:42 AM
A few months ago on Letterman, a 40-year-old woman in the audience was interviewed by Dave for his "Show & Tell" segment.

She talked of going to see Elvis in 1975 as an 8-year-old, and got front-row tickets thanks to her mum who had lined up overnight (and was sitting next to her at Dave).

Anyway, she told Dave the story, then showed him the scarf Elvis gave her. Dave smelled it and said "Yep, that's Elvis all right!"

She then showed two large photos, quite close up, of Elvis hugging her while on stage.

"Are you kidding me?", Dave asked, and he was blown away.

"Very cool," he said.

Nice.

Lucky cow!

cameron
06-12-2008, 01:12 AM
This is cute......watch the little girl hanging on to his leg.....like she`s saying.."I`ll never let you go"...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-2HoUKZoY

Thanks for posting this.
I've always enjoyed watching how he interacts with children.
And, how children take to him. ;)

john carpenter
06-12-2008, 01:46 AM
:lol:That was awesome. I liked when Elvis gave the scarves to the children, and he said "i'm running for President..running the other way. LoL. But i was shocked to hear him say to Kathy Westmoreland "You got on a see thru-blouse.:lol::jawdrop:

hounddog
06-12-2008, 02:07 AM
i just watched that DVD, i think some of the kids looked a little frightened. About half a dozen kids were placed up on stage. I felt sorry for the kids that looked frightened but Elvis handled it really well. You only have to watch him around kids to know what a good man he was.

SweetCaroline
06-12-2008, 02:31 AM
i just watched that DVD, i think some of the kids looked a little frightened. About half a dozen kids were placed up on stage. I felt sorry for the kids that looked frightened but Elvis handled it really well. You only have to watch him around kids to know what a good man he was.

I agree, hounddog. His sweet nature really came through around the children. That was a wonderful clip. Always fun to see one I haven't seen before.(y)(y)(y)

Unchained Melody
06-12-2008, 02:48 AM
Very nice, footage has been around for a long time now. Great to see it again ;)

I'LLRememberYou
06-12-2008, 04:57 AM
That was lovely Elvisia, thank you for sharing .(y)

Awickedreigndrop
06-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Aw, this was the sweetest thing ever! That little girl hanging on to his leg was cute.

rickb
06-12-2008, 09:46 AM
talk about Daddy Day Care!

4THEHEART
06-12-2008, 08:41 PM
how great,he kept that child spirit till the end:D..I remember that video but guess what everybody!!!:supriced:..you tube is banned in my country again and I can't acces the site:angry::angry::cursing:..
btw,I brought my dad back home from hospital and kept my eyes on him the whole day today and did a funny thing..I'm reading the tcb members profiles one by one for the first time the whole day since I couldn't move away from my watch duty..once again,it's nice to see how Elvis connecting different people..

elvisia
06-12-2008, 09:31 PM
I`m so glad you all enjoyed the video as much as I did(y)

KPM
06-12-2008, 10:24 PM
A few months ago on Letterman, a 40-year-old woman in the audience was interviewed by Dave for his "Show & Tell" segment.

She talked of going to see Elvis in 1975 as an 8-year-old, and got front-row tickets thanks to her mum who had lined up overnight (and was sitting next to her at Dave).

Anyway, she told Dave the story, then showed him the scarf Elvis gave her. Dave smelled it and said "Yep, that's Elvis all right!"

She then showed two large photos, quite close up, of Elvis hugging her while on stage.

"Are you kidding me?", Dave asked, and he was blown away.

"Very cool," he said.

Nice.

Lucky cow!
Great story. :)

cibetty
06-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Cute video! I love it. (y) (y)

Unchained Melody
06-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Watching it again, its just such a special moment watching that little girl grab Elvis' leg and not letting go..touching moment!!

cameron
06-13-2008, 01:15 PM
how great,he kept that child spirit till the end:D..I remember that video but guess what everybody!!!:supriced:..you tube is banned in my country again and I can't acces the site:angry::angry::cursing:..
btw,I brought my dad back home from hospital and kept my eyes on him the whole day today and did a funny thing..I'm reading the tcb members profiles one by one for the first time the whole day since I couldn't move away from my watch duty..once again,it's nice to see how Elvis connecting different people..

I've wondered just what's going on with the YouTube banning in the last year or so.:hmm:
Although there's some things that need to be taken off IMO !

I sincerely hope your dad is improving very fast.
My best to him! (y)

Unchained Melody
06-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Why would a country ban youtube ?? :blink::hmm:

cameron
06-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Why would a country ban youtube ?? :blink::hmm:
I noticed this a couple of years ago. It was about politics then.
Who knows now ?

Unchained Melody
06-13-2008, 01:36 PM
I noticed this a couple of years ago. It was about politics then.
Who knows now ?

That is wierd. But thats politics for ya ;)

MissyM
06-14-2008, 01:41 PM
When hubs family was visiting and Elvis had friends and family at the fairgrounds, he was busy talking to hubs parents and then Kathy my SIL got beside my MIL, Elvis saw her an immediately picked her up and started talking to her. He just loved little ones.