PDA

View Full Version : Photos

marijaep
06-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Found these photos on the Elvis Scrapbook site (http://elvispresleyscrapbook.co.uk/) that I've never seen before. I was wondering if any of you have the photos in a bigger size? :)

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Not sure about the dates. I'm guessing the last 2 with Elvis in the red shorts is from 1969 sometime.:hmm:

Thanks for showing such nice photo's rare as well I have yet to see them til now :D

Diane
06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm still not convinced that the first photo is really Elvis. Neither the face nor the body looks quite right to me. Had it been determined whether it is him or not yet?

Diane

marijaep
06-11-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm still not convinced that the first photo is really Elvis. Neither the face nor the body looks quite right to me. Had it been determined whether it is him or not yet?

Diane

On that web-site where I found the pics it says that that is Elvis. The pic is too small and I can't really say if it looks like Elvis or not :lol:
About the dates, both of the pictures were taken in 1969 or 1970 ;)

ehollier
06-11-2008, 03:44 PM
On that web-site where I found the pics it says that that is Elvis. The pic is too small and I can't really say if it looks like Elvis or not :lol:
About the dates, both of the pictures were taken in 1969 or 1970 ;)

Do you have any idea what his comment on the first picture would mean?? I've seen these pictures before, but the quality is not great. I think they were taken after the 1969 Vegas engagement.

marijaep
06-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Do you have any idea what his comment on the first picture would mean?? I've seen these pictures before, but the quality is not great. I think they were taken after the 1969 Vegas engagement.

I'm not sure Liz, but I think that was the first time he ever saw a Polaroid camera:lol: Think I've read that story somewhere but I can't be 100% sure if it's true. The thing that I find amazing about that pic is that he was actually walking on the beach ALONE :supriced::D The fans that met him on the beach and took that pic of him were sure lucky!! :D

ehollier
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm not sure Liz, but I think that was the first time he ever saw a Polaroid camera:lol: Think I've read that story somewhere but I can't be 100% sure if it's true. The thing that I find amazing about that pic is that he was actually walking on the beach ALONE :supriced::D The fans that met him on the beach and took that pic of him were sure lucky!! :D

ALONE??? That is amazing!!!!!!!!! Good thing I wasn't on that beach!!!!!! It wouldn't have been anything nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush::blush::blush:

elvislady
06-11-2008, 04:08 PM

Diane

Diane if you save the pic to your documants then go to it click on it you can zoom in. it looks very much elvis to me.
elvislady:D

marijaep
06-11-2008, 04:08 PM
ALONE??? That is amazing!!!!!!!!! Good thing I wasn't on that beach!!!!!! It wouldn't have been anything nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush::blush::blush:

:lmfao::lmfao:

Here's another pic of Elvis on the beach. Was it taken on the same day as the second pic was? :hmm: He wears the same shirt and shorts :D

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee147/marijaep/Beach1.jpg

john carpenter
06-11-2008, 04:15 PM

Marijaep, i highly dought Elvis was alone at the beach..he was never alone

marijaep
06-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Marijaep, i highly dought Elvis was alone at the beach..he was never alone

That's true John. I only said what I've read :hmm: I really want to believe that he was alone though :D

Tommy
06-11-2008, 05:01 PM
It is Elvis in the first photo, it's been posted here.

Diane
06-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Thank you Tommy and thank you Jeanette for the suggestion...I will try that.

Diane

elvislady
06-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Thank you Tommy and thank you Jeanette for the suggestion...I will try that.

Diane

(y):)
elvislady

cibetty
06-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow, really great and very rare pics Marija, thanks for sharing these!! :notworthy :notworthy

utmom2008
06-11-2008, 09:02 PM
:lol: I forget just how skinny Elvis' legs were.:lol:

ehollier
06-11-2008, 09:13 PM
(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n):!:

Diane
06-11-2008, 10:22 PM
I forgot to thank you for the photos Marija....a big thanks:hug:

Diane

Unchained Melody
06-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Definitley is Elvis in the first photo.

goodelvisgirl
06-12-2008, 01:05 AM
nice pics its the first time i have seen them thanks for sharing

utmom2008
06-12-2008, 04:09 AM

(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n):!:

:lol: Elvis was the first to admit that he had skinny legs. Any way you cut it....those are some skinny legs!:supriced::lol:

I'LLRememberYou
06-12-2008, 05:06 AM

:lol:....I was thinking the same thing !.....Skinny but nice !!!:P

Thank you Marija....great photos !(y)

marijaep
06-12-2008, 06:12 AM
You are welcome everyone :hug::D

rmk101
06-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Great pics!! Does anybody know where they were taken???

ehollier
06-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Great pics!! Does anybody know where they were taken???

Hawaii, I think...after his 1969 Vegas engagement.

marijaep
06-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Hawaii, I think...after his 1969 Vegas engagement.

Hey Liz, I've just noticed....you are in the "TCB - Mafia" now, hehe :D :clap:

ehollier
06-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey Liz, I've just noticed....you are in the "TCB - Mafia" now, hehe :D :clap:

Oh jeez, I didn't notice until you pointed it out. Does this mean I'm more important??? Not...... hehe!!

ep scrapbook
06-12-2008, 09:25 PM
The polaroid was taken in the Bahamas in Oct 1969 and the other shots in Hawaii with the Aunt and Uncle of a friend of mine.
Happy ya'll enjoy the Elvis Presley Scrapbook website, it's just a hobby of mine.

ehollier
06-12-2008, 09:28 PM
The polaroid was taken in the Bahamas in Oct 1969 and the other shots in Hawaii with the Aunt and Uncle of a friend of mine.
Happy ya'll enjoy the Elvis Presley Scrapbook website, it's just a hobby of mine.

I understand that the trip to the Bahamas was a washout b/c a hurricane hit the island the day after they arrived and it rained for a week so no one could enjoy the beach, but Hawaii looks awesome!!!!!!!!!

ep scrapbook
06-13-2008, 07:26 AM
I understand that the trip to the Bahamas was a washout b/c a hurricane hit the island the day after they arrived and it rained for a week so no one could enjoy the beach, but Hawaii looks awesome!!!!!!!!!

I think you can see from that picture how poor the weather was, not a hint of blue sky anywhere.
When I get time I'll try and post the FULL Story regading that polaroid picture.

SweetCaroline
06-13-2008, 08:20 AM
I have never seen those photos before.
Always cool to see new pictures!!! :king:

cameron
06-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I think you can see from that picture how poor the weather was, not a hint of blue sky anywhere.
When I get time I'll try and post the FULL Story regading that polaroid picture.

Thank you. I enjoyed the Roy Turner Interview. I wasn't aware he worked with Elaine Dundy. IMO, one of the better books on Elvis !
Also, all the old pictures . You have an interesting hobby .

marijaep
06-13-2008, 05:13 PM

You have a wonderful web-site (y) Thanks for sharing all the great photos, artefacts and interviews :notworthy

ep scrapbook
06-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks to you all for the very kind comments regarding my website :D

Back in 1986 I was working for a company who took kids from school and placed them in out of school training before they hit the real world.
One day this kid (can't even remember his name) came out of the workshop, straight up to me and said " So you like Elvis Presley eh?"
Back then it wasn't as cool to be an Elvis fan as it is now but I didn't care anyway and answered yes..... he then blurted out that his parents I had met Elvis when they were on holiday so I asked him which one of the engineers had sent him out to 'wind me up' ?
"None of them, honest, my mom and dad met Elvis when they were on holiday" was his reply along with telling me that they took a picture of him which he autographed on the back............ "oh yeah, sure" I said to which he replied that he would go home at lunch time and bring it in for me to see.
Well, he did !!!!!!!
I offered to buy it from him but he couldn't sell it because it was his moms and she would kill him if she even knew he had brought it out the house !!!!
I rushed home to get my camera (still lunchtime you see) to (at least) take a picture of the picture (and autograph) which is just what I did.
After my amazment and thanks for letting me make a picture of it he picked up the polaroid, stuck it in his back pocket, sat up and down on it all afternoon and WRECKED IT !!!!!.
What you see is all that remains of the image in good quality (I have a high quality BIG scan of it though).
I never did see him again so I presume him mom killed him after all.

Unchained Melody
06-15-2008, 04:45 AM
That was a great story, and funny one too.

Poor kid probably got a beating of a life time!

REDLO
06-15-2008, 07:06 AM
you can find the pictures on one of the fort baxter "there's allways me" c.d. 's !!

utmom2008
06-15-2008, 07:17 AM
I never did see him again so I presume him mom killed him after all.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

ep scrapbook
06-15-2008, 10:26 AM
you can find the pictures on one of the fort baxter "there's allways me" c.d. 's !!

Yes, that is correct. The couple on those shots with Elvis are an aunt and uncle of a good friend of mine, they lived in Hawaii.
As a footnote you might even see her in a few episodes of Hawaii 5-O, she was an extra back in those days.