PDA

View Full Version : Elvis On Tour ?? Any Day Now

Unchained Melody
06-04-2008, 10:01 PM
We al know Elvis On tour is long due for a re release. A special edition deluxe dvdset would be nice.

Do you think we will ever get this or not?:hmm:

KPM
06-04-2008, 10:04 PM
i would hope so-before I travel to the great beyond.;)

Unchained Melody
06-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I've always thought maybe the reason they keep holding back on a new EOT release was because of how poorly TTWII SE did ?

ehollier
06-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Seems that I read somewhere that it was the cost of having it remastered was a major reason why it hasn't been done yet....

Unchained Melody
06-04-2008, 10:17 PM
You think with all the money Sillerman is making off of Graceland and other investments he is invloved with they could afford it. But I forget EPE don't own that footage.

KPM
06-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I've always thought maybe the reason they keep holding back on a new EOT release was because of how poorly TTWII SE did ?
IMO TTWII SE was handled wrong-it premiered on TCM and I (like many) taped it. Then the video was put out with no extras so I already had a good copy. If TTWII SE had had a lot of bonus footage I would have bought it.
I finally bought a DVD copy on sale for $14.95 at Walmart a few years later.
Turner owns EOT and all the footage not used and they obviously think it costly to clean up the outtakes and remaster the whole thing. Since so much of the outtakes have surfaced in the last 3 -4 years maybe they think its not worth the trouble???? who knows.

Unchained Melody
06-04-2008, 10:36 PM
IMO TTWII SE was handled wrong-it premiered on TCM and I (like many) taped it. Then the video was put out with no extras so I already had a good copy. If TTWII SE had had a lot of bonus footage I would have bought it.
Turner owns EOT and all the footage not used and they obviously think it costly to clean up the outtakes and remaster the whole thing. Since so much of the outtakes have surfaced in the last 3 -4 years maybe they think its not worth the trouble???? who knows.

I really hope that isn't the case...I would love like all others to have all the outtakes that were filmed in excellent picture quality.:supriced::notworthy

Pelvis
06-04-2008, 10:49 PM
We al know Elvis On tour is long due for a re release. A special edition deluxe dvdset would be nice.

Do you think we will ever get this or not?:hmm:

It allready had a re-release.." Elvis On TOUR,THrough My Eyes"i got it lying here on my desk

:hmm:

Unchained Melody
06-04-2008, 11:21 PM
It allready had a re-release.." Elvis On TOUR,THrough My Eyes"i got it lying here on my desk

I'm talking about an official release. STAR made EOT Through My Eyes. Not a professional release. Import ;)

JerryNodak
06-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Do I think we'll get it? Yes, but not anytime soon. When we do, it may not be anything more than the original movie on DVD. I'm not holding my breath for the deluxe version everyone seems to be expecting.

Unchained Melody
06-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Do I think we'll get it? Yes, but not anytime soon. When we do, it may not be anything more than the original movie on DVD. I'm not holding my breath for the deluxe version everyone seems to be expecting.

That would be pretty pointless imo to release it with NO outtakes.
Look how well the Aloha and 68 Special dvdsets did, I would imagine EOT would do just as good if not better if given the proper treatment it so dearly deserves.

KPM
06-05-2008, 12:15 AM

Unfortuntately that is not an official studio release-Turner has not released EOT on DVD. They officially own the movie and the unused footage. Here is a link to Turners site:
http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=878
But you can vote here to try and get them to release it.

Unchained Melody
06-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Unfortuntately that is not an official studio release-Turner has not released EOT on DVD. They officially own the movie and the unused footage. Here is a link to Turners site:
http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=878
But you can vote here to try and get them to release it.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope they do release it and with all the available outtakes....!(y)

Jungleroom76
06-05-2008, 02:30 AM

EXACTLY RIGHT KEN!!! :angry:

I was in the audience at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis during Elvis Week 2000 at the world premiere of TTWII-SE!! Before the show, Todd Morgan was talking about TTWII-SE and stated in front of the entire audience that the DVD would be released with AN HOUR of bonus material not used in the new version of the film! And then, what do we get when SE appears on DVD? NO PROMISED BONUS MATERIAL!!! :cursing:

And yes I agree with you that they handled it all wrong by releasing it on TV first!!! At the VERY least, it should have been premiered on TV on the day AFTER it was released on DVD but even then, most people would have probably just waited the extra day and taped it from TV.

As for an official DVD release of EOT....obviously the way to go would be similiar to the latest DVD release of TTWII-SE -- a deluxe DVD edition with the original movie remastered along with a new version of the film and all of the available outtakes. (y)

One of the reasons that EOT has been delayed, SUPPOSEDLY, is because the producers were disappointed with the DVD sales of TTWII-SE. The rumor is that production costs for the new version of TTWII weren't covered (or barely covered) by the DVD sales, thus their reluctance to give EOT the same treatment. :hmm:

Regardless of the reason, it is COMPLETELY incomprehensible to me that a version of EOT (even if it is just the original movie) has not been released officially on DVD!!! :angry:

TCB!
Mike

Unchained Melody
06-05-2008, 04:17 AM
I agree with you completley Mike.

Both TTWII and EOT are long over due for release including all the outtakes they have.

But until that day comes around, I have plenty of outtakes of both movies in my collection to keep me entertained :D ;)

KPM
06-05-2008, 09:19 PM
EXACTLY RIGHT KEN!!! :angry:

I was in the audience at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis during Elvis Week 2000 at the world premiere of TTWII-SE!! Before the show, Todd Morgan was talking about TTWII-SE and stated in front of the entire audience that the DVD would be released with AN HOUR of bonus material not used in the new version of the film! And then, what do we get when SE appears on DVD? NO PROMISED BONUS MATERIAL!!! :cursing:

And yes I agree with you that they handled it all wrong by releasing it on TV first!!! At the VERY least, it should have been premiered on TV on the day AFTER it was released on DVD but even then, most people would have probably just waited the extra day and taped it from TV.

As for an official DVD release of EOT....obviously the way to go would be similiar to the latest DVD release of TTWII-SE -- a deluxe DVD edition with the original movie remastered along with a new version of the film and all of the available outtakes. (y)

One of the reasons that EOT has been delayed, SUPPOSEDLY, is because the producers were disappointed with the DVD sales of TTWII-SE. The rumor is that production costs for the new version of TTWII weren't covered (or barely covered) by the DVD sales, thus their reluctance to give EOT the same treatment. :hmm:

Regardless of the reason, it is COMPLETELY incomprehensible to me that a version of EOT (even if it is just the original movie) has not been released officially on DVD!!! :angry:

TCB!
Mike
I agree-EOT should at least be released in its original form. Or maybe they could just gather together some of the cleaned up outtakes which crop up on the internet. With the most basic of programs amateurs can clean and brighten the outtakes fairly easily and the results from what I've seen on places like You Tube are pretty good. I noticed on Turners site that EOT ranks 399 in the list of videos Turner is being requested to release on DVD(last time I checked) so its pretty far down their site list.:blush:

goodelvisgirl
06-05-2008, 09:41 PM
well i think they will but not any time soon i think like with everything else it comes down to money how much is it gonna cos to remaster it and how much money will they make if it goes on sale see if its worth while i would be happy with just the movie on dvd but it would be fantastic to have all the outtakes and make a whole delux dvd set i think its pritty bad that this has not been done i bought on tour through my eyes and it was fantastic now just think what an officail release would be like

Jungleroom76
06-06-2008, 01:53 AM
I agree-EOT should at least be released in its original form. Or maybe they could just gather together some of the cleaned up outtakes which crop up on the internet. With the most basic of programs amateurs can clean and brighten the outtakes fairly easily and the results from what I've seen on places like You Tube are pretty good.

So, based on this technical information Ken, are you applying for the job of restoring EOT and its outtakes?? ;) :D

TCB!
Mike

Jumpsuit Junkie
06-07-2008, 11:04 AM
IMO the On Tour footage is the Holy Grail of Elvis footage, there is so much footage out there of 6 full concerts (I think) that I would be happy to just get one complete concert from start to Finnish!!

rams
06-07-2008, 12:10 PM
(y)I say everyone bombard Turner with E mails and don't stop ! Tell them, request to them and :angry:YellllllL at them for their neglect to us fans just like pitiful RCA/BMG used us all these years for compilations and stupid fotos used on packaging:angry:. When it comes down to it they all(turner, BMG, RCA, etc.) are all :angry:worthless users and I say (y)"Thank You" to all those unofficial releases we get from overseas(so to speak)for they have become the true "Bread & Butter" for all Elvis Fans !!!(y)(y)(y)

:angry:Hey TCM, Turner , RCA, BMG, "go tell it on a mountain you greedy cruds" !!!! :cursing:

KPM
06-08-2008, 06:41 PM
So, based on this technical information Ken, are you applying for the job of restoring EOT and its outtakes?? ;) :D

TCB!
Mike
No Sir ;):D, but from what I've seen there are many in the internet/computer society who surely could do a fair job of making these clips clearer and crisper. I wish I did have the programs, knowledge, and time to work on some of this which is out there-but I lack all three.;)

KPM
06-08-2008, 06:43 PM
IMO the On Tour footage is the Holy Grail of Elvis footage, there is so much footage out there of 6 full concerts (I think) that I would be happy to just get one complete concert from start to Finnish!!
Thats my feeling exactly.

utmom2008
06-08-2008, 06:49 PM
No Sir I wish I did have the programs, knowledge, and time to work on some of this which is out there-but I lack all three.;)

Well said Ken. (y) I'm right there with you..with knowledge being the biggest obstacle.;):lol::lol:

Unchained Melody
06-10-2008, 12:14 PM

I agree Matt.

They could if they put the time and effort and of course money into it, could make the ultimate Live On Tour DVDSet!!:D(y)(y)(y)