PDA

View Full Version : Elvis and the truth

presley31
05-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Here is a good question about elvis and the people in it :hmm:If we can't trust anybody in elvis life who do we trust?? We say that the memphs mafia and priscilla and others all tell lies, but really how can we know what is lies and what are turth?? We all have seen lies written in interviews and stories. I can't say that everything out that is a totel lie cause l wasn't there and l didn't live elvis life in and out everyday. so l guess what the big question is WHO do we trust to give us the right answers regrading elvis and all that stuff that has been stated about him time and time again.

Getlo
05-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Some fans - many on here - are in the habit of automatically dismissing as "lies" anything that might portray Elvis in a negative light.

I prefer to trust people who were there and spent time with Elvis.

cameron
05-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I've learned to not trust anyone. IF that's the "right "terminology.
IMO, it's best to try and get the "facts" you can prove and trust yourself. ;)

ehollier
05-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Here is a good question about elvis and the people in it :hmm:If we can't trust anybody in elvis life who do we trust?? We say that the memphs mafia and priscilla and others all tell lies, but really how can we know what is lies and what are turth?? We all have seen lies written in interviews and stories. I can't say that everything out that is a totel lie cause l wasn't there and l didn't live elvis life in and out everyday. so l guess what the big question is WHO do we trust to give us the right answers regrading elvis and all that stuff that has been stated about him time and time again.

I believe that we have to make educated guess or presumption based when you read things about his life based on the sources of those stories and whether or not the stories are corroborated and the core facts that are concrete. Elvis began his career over 60!! years ago and lived a fast, hard life over the next 20 years and and its been over 30 years since he died. Lets face it, who can remember everything and just as with most stories, as they are told and retold, they seem to take a life of their own and they are magnified 10 fold. I don't doubt that each member of the MM and Priscilla would like to make history kinder and more attractive or tell what the public wants to hear, so we have to just make an educated guess at what we choose to believe. Some like the MM, and formed opinions of them. Others don't like the MM and have formed equally, but opposite opinions of each of them. Some like Priscilla and have and formed opinions of her. Others don't like her and have formed equally, but opposite opinions of each of her. Who you choose to like or dislike doesn't make you wrong or mistaken because its an opinion. Thread and sites like this one are for us to share our 'opinions' with others so that we are able to make better educated guess or be entertained. Above all, we should respect each others opinions.

presley31
05-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I believe that we have to make educated guess or presumption based when you read things about his life based on the sources of those stories and whether or not the stories are corroborated and the core facts that are concrete. Elvis began his career over 60!! years ago and lived a fast, hard life over the next 20 years and and its been over 30 years since he died. Lets face it, who can remember everything and just as with most stories, as they are told and retold, they seem to take a life of their own and they are magnified 10 fold. I don't doubt that each member of the MM and Priscilla would like to make history kinder and more attractive or tell what the public wants to hear, so we have to just make an educated guess at what we choose to believe. Some like the MM, and formed opinions of them. Others don't like the MM and have formed equally, but opposite opinions of each of them. Some like Priscilla and have and formed opinions of her. Others don't like her and have formed equally, but opposite opinions of each of her. Who you choose to like or dislike doesn't make you wrong or mistaken because its an opinion. Thread and sites like this one are for us to share our 'opinions' with others so that we are able to make better educated guess or be entertained. Above all, we should respect each others opinions.

Good post and l agree too(y)

Donut
05-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I don´t have to believe or not believe anyone because there are many facts out there for all to see and if you are a little objective and you don´t take parts it´s easy to realise what is true and what fiction.

marijaep
05-29-2008, 03:32 PM

Well said (y)

I think each fan chooses what to believe and what not to believe. We form our own opinions about each and everyone in the Elvis world and that's why everyone loves Elvis in their own way (y)

ksimms2
05-29-2008, 03:58 PM
great thread Jen! You are so right - we can't dismiss everything as being "not true" - after hearing stories over the years I think it's getting easier to pick out what's real and what's not. Even if the story is a bit different depending on who told it - you know that it happened and you are getting points of views from others perspective.

Then you have others like the Stanley's - that you just can't believe hardly a word they say.....and other "family" members who come out with books, etc.

I prefer sticking with the MM and Priscilla and sometimes read between the lines.

Tony Trout
05-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Some fans - many on here - are in the habit of automatically dismissing as "lies" anything that might portray Elvis in a negative light.

Bingo! It's too bad that some people don't look at it the same way. They were there....none of us were and we don't have any clue (as much as we'd like to think we do) of what it was like to be around Elvis and the almost constant pressure they were under.

cameron
05-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Bingo! It's too bad that some people don't look at it the same way. They were there....none of us were and we don't have any clue (as much as we'd like to think we do) of what it was like to be around Elvis and the almost constant pressure they were under.
Well, if they were "under such pressure" they should have quit.
I would have .

Elvistcbkirch
05-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Well, if they were "under such pressure" they should have quit.
I would have .

And infact, a lot of them did. Priscilla, Lamar, Sonny, Marty and many more. Not that it was easy, but they quit. And thats a fact...

cameron
05-29-2008, 04:39 PM
And infact, a lot of them did. Priscilla, Lamar, Sonny, Marty and many more. Not that it was easy, but they quit. And thats a fact...

Really? I thought some of these people were fired.
Well, what do I know ? Carry on ,I've grown tired of all the BS. :blink:

Elvistcbkirch
05-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Ehmm. What BS?

john carpenter
05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
ehollier, Elvis began his career in 1954. Which makes it 54 years ago. Sixty years ago was in 1948..Elvis wouldve been 13.

ehollier
05-29-2008, 04:55 PM
ehollier, Elvis began his career in 1954. Which makes it 54 years ago. Sixty years ago was in 1948..Elvis wouldve been 13.

Well, Mr. Carpenter, thank you so very much for pointing that out. But I don't think it changes anything that I said in my post. I really don't think a mere 6 less years would make anyone remember many more details than if it were 60 years. However, thank you for pointing out my error.

elvia7
05-29-2008, 05:26 PM
:hmm:Turth ... What it is ? I thing, that really turth to know only ELVIS !!!!!!
We love HIM and I thing it's no matter what look TURTH .:hmm:

utmom2008
05-29-2008, 05:45 PM

I was about to ask that question as well.:lol::lol:Elvis started his career at 12?:lmfao::lmfao::D

ehollier
05-29-2008, 05:49 PM
I was about to ask that question as well.:lol::lol:Elvis started his career at 12?:lmfao::lmfao::D

My apologies if I mislead everyone here by saying Elvis had been in the spotlight for 60 years. It was not my intention. However, A mere 6 years difference won't change the fact that much much time has passed.

utmom2008
05-29-2008, 05:52 PM
My apologies if I mislead everyone here by saying Elvis had been in the spotlight for 60 years. It was not my intention. However, A mere 6 years difference won't change the fact that much much time has passed.

Don't get your knickers in a knot.;) I thought it was funny...I could get a visual on a 12 year old Elvis working on his career.:lol::lol::lol:

The King's Queen
05-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Don't get your knickers in a knot.;) I thought it was funny...I could get a visual on a 12 year old Elvis working on his career.:lol::lol::lol:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
Uh Oh....then would the lyrics of certain songs have to be changed???? :doh: "You ain't nothing but a hound-pup" doesn't exactly sound right to me....:doh:;)

presley31
05-29-2008, 06:19 PM

No worries, well all get mixed up once and while, no harm done:D

utmom2008
05-29-2008, 06:24 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
Uh Oh....then would the lyrics of certain songs have to be changed???? :doh: "You ain't nothing but a hound-pup" doesn't exactly sound right to me....:doh:;)

How about.....don't step on my Blue Suede Booties? Or....Blue Suede Stride Rights.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

The King's Queen
05-29-2008, 06:28 PM
How about.....don't step on my Blue Suede Booties? Or....Blue Suede Stride Rights.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
It certainly would give a different meaning to a lot of them wouldn't it? :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

cibetty
05-29-2008, 06:51 PM
I like this thread!! (y) (y) I usually believe without doubt what those said who stayed close to him and spent much time with him (Joe Esposito, Jerry Schilling, James Burton, Ronnie Tutt, Jerry Scheff, his cousin Patsy). Elvis never wrote his own book (it would be interesting and would be a bestseller I'm sure), but I think he never had enough time to do that. Anyways I usually like to make sure before I believe something and I really believe what I see with my own eyes. And I also can tell about Elvis, there are many many footages remained about him luckily. And the best way to know him is listening to his songs, because they tell everything.

john carpenter
05-29-2008, 07:01 PM
:notworthy:cool:no offence eholllier. I was just pointing out the fact that Elvis got his fist gold record in 1956 when he was 21, Amd he recorded "Thats all right Moma" in 1954. And honest mistake on ur part. I agree totally with everything else you said. Take care my T.C,B. friend.

midnight
05-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Only one person can tell us the truth about Elvis Presley and HE is not here to tell us.

Unchained Melody
05-29-2008, 07:36 PM

As do I Getlo.

But those are the people that everyone automatically assumes everyword that comes out of their mouth is lies. Which is total BS IMO!!

Unchained Melody
05-29-2008, 07:38 PM

Exactly this is true. With the exception of Sonny, we we know he was fired....

Lamar was out working in LA wasn't he when he found out Elvis died?:hmm:
Or was he in Portland Maine with Tom Parker getting ready for the upcoming tour ??

Tony Trout
05-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Exactly this is true. With the exception of Sonny, we we know he was fired....

Lamar was out working in LA wasn't he when he found out Elvis died?:hmm:
Or was he in Portland Maine with Tom Parker getting ready for the upcoming tour ??

Lamar was setting up for the tour on August 16, 1977 in Portland, ME.

Unchained Melody
05-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Lamar was setting up for the tour on August 16, 1977 in Portland, ME.

Thanks for that Tony, So I'm assuming he was with the Colonel because on The Last 24 hours DVD Lamar says he was standing there when Colonel got the call from Joe that Elvis was dead.....

cameron
05-29-2008, 07:53 PM

Priscilla was "fired" when Elvis filed for divorce, Lamar was still working for Elvis as he was with Parker 8/16/77, Sonny was fired a few months before he wrote his book, Marty was in Ca. and didn't even come back for his "best friends" funeral. But, who's keeping track? Not me ,as the "bible" some believe comes from the MM and I've read it and discounted it as BS, so apparently, I'm going to hell. :P It's ok, as I'm sure a few will be there through eternity trying to "get me straightened out.";)

Unchained Melody
05-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Marty was in Ca. and didn't even come back for his "best friends" funeral.."

I did not know this...sad indeed he didn't come for the funeral.

But i'm not automatically saying it wasn't because Marty didn't care, maybe he wanted to remember his friend as the last time he seen him, alive and and stuff, not lying there in state ! :'(

ehollier
05-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Priscilla was "fired" when Elvis filed for divorce, Lamar was still working for Elvis as he was with Parker 8/16/77, Sonny was fired a few months before he wrote his book, Marty was in Ca. and didn't even come back for his "best friends" funeral. But, who's keeping track? Not me ,as the "bible" some believe comes from the MM and I've read it and discounted it as BS, so apparently, I'm going to hell. :P It's ok, as I'm sure a few will be there through eternity trying to "get me straightened out.";)

I understand that the funeral was 'by invitation' b/c they didn't want it to turn into a circus. I got the impression that Vernon had alot to do with who was there and wasn't, but maybe my impression is incorrect.

Unchained Melody
05-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I understand that the funeral was 'by invitation' b/c they didn't want it to turn into a circus. I got the impression that Vernon had alot to do with who was there and wasn't, but maybe my impression is incorrect.

True, but you would think Vernon would invite Marty Lacker as he was there around Elvis quiet abit in the 70's and so on...

presley31
05-29-2008, 08:05 PM

I pretty sure it was vernon that took care of everything.

Unchained Melody
05-29-2008, 08:06 PM

Would you all think this is why there weren't many celebrities in attendence for the funeral ? :hmm:

ehollier
05-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Would you all think this is why there weren't many celebrities in attendence for the funeral ? :hmm:

That was my impression or understanding and b/c it was held at Graceland with limited space downstairs and didn't want a huge spectacle.

cameron
05-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I tried to talk to Marty once. He was invited to the funeral but he was "busy."

Broussey
05-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I read in another post that elvis slept with Sonny's or reds wife?!?!?! anyone know anything about that one i have never herd that b4

utmom2008
05-29-2008, 08:36 PM

Maybe that combined with the fact that Elvis was not into Hollywood. He had a separate life and was not caught up in all the BS that is Hollywood.:blink::blink:

cameron
05-29-2008, 08:37 PM
I read in another post that elvis slept with Sonny's or reds wife?!?!?! anyone know anything about that one i have never herd that b4
According to the Stanleys; it was one of their wives.
No comment. ;)

Unchained Melody
05-29-2008, 08:38 PM
No comment. ;)

When it comes to the Stanley's then its a 50/50 chance lol imo !

Only one of them I will ever sort of like is Ricky Stanley...

KPM
05-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I think when it gets down to it they are all human and so some of what they say and write is the truth, and some things are probably less that truthful- some are shaded to portray themselves in the best light possible.
I have said this before its human nature to attribute the bad things that happen to someone else and then the good things- we try to take as much credit for as we can. If you read all the books, and listen to all their interviews then use common sense (remembering they are humans) I think you can get a idea of the situations as seen from their points of view filtered through their own eyes and egos. IMO thats a fair assumption. I do not single them out, if Elvis told the story I would expect the same. So I think each person just has to do what you do in life-read, listen and decide for yourself what rings true, what sounds false and everything in between.

Karma816
05-29-2008, 08:57 PM
I have to say after hearing and reading countless stories from different MM members and other family members about the same situations it seems Billy Smith is the most trustworthy person and person I would love to sit down with to talk about Elvis. I think people who dismiss anything negative about the man are forgetting the thing that made him so unforgettable and charming and everlasting... his humanity. He was just a man who happened to be given the gift of the most amazing voice I've ever heard.

Unchained Melody
05-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I have to say after hearing and reading countless stories from different MM members and other family members about the same situations it seems Billy Smith is the most trustworthy person and person I would love to sit down with to talk about Elvis. I think people who dismiss anything negative about the man are forgetting the thing that made him so unforgettable and charming and everlasting... his humanity. He was just a man who happened to be given the gift of the most amazing voice I've ever heard.

I agree Billy is probably my favorite from the Memphis Mafia and was probably closest to Elvis the last year an half of his life. He spent up to 18-20 hours a day with Elvis those last two years.....

cameron
05-29-2008, 09:03 PM
No comment. ;)

Frankly, I don't know nor do I care .IF you listen to Billy Smith ,Elvis slept with him and his wife {no sexual inference here} . Elvis just hated to be alone. and in the "latter days", he was considered impotent.That's one story I can believe.{Impotent}

missieochoa
05-29-2008, 09:11 PM

Nicely put(y)

Getlo
05-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Really? I thought some of these people were fired.
Well, what do I know ? :blink:

You really need to read books etc more carefully. Various MM members both quit and were fired. Some several times.

Well, what do I know ? :blink:

Clearly not as much as you seem to think.

And you can't criticise Joe for not going to the funeral. My (former) best mate did not attend his mum's funeral, and - when the time comes - I will not go to my father's either. Way too upsetting. (And he is fine with that. What'll he care? He'll be dead).

For all you know (see above) Joe may have been too upset to attend. Unless he has stated his reasons elsewhere as to why he didn't go (and no, I haven't bothered looking that up), then being upset is a likely scenario.

Getlo
05-30-2008, 03:00 PM

It was Billy Smith's wife, Jo.

That's right, his own cousin's wife.

And Billy actually forgave him! I'd have knocked him from here into next week.

"Cutting another man's grass" (of a relative, of all people!) ... the lowest of the low, and probably the worst thing Elvis ever did, IMO.

ehollier
05-30-2008, 03:08 PM

"Cutting another man's grass" (of a relative, of all people!) ... the lowest of the low, and probably the worst thing Elvis ever did, IMO.

I had heard that it was Billy's wife, Jo, also. And I agree, that was a pretty deplorable thing to do. That is the lowest thing he could have done and to hurt his cousin that he was so obvously close to was beyond any explanation or excuse that I could imagine!!!

Donut
05-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Getlo... I think you just got mixed up. Are you sure it wasn´t Marty who didn´t attend Elvis funeral and one of the Staley´s wife who slept with Elvis and not precisely to get a nap?

presley31
05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I had heard that it was Billy's wife, Jo, also. And I agree, that was a pretty deplorable thing to do. That is the lowest thing he could have done and to hurt his cousin that he was so obvously close to was beyond any explanation or excuse that I could imagine!!!

yep l heard the same thing that it was billy wife elvis went and slept with, but l think he did the same with one of stanleys girlfriend.

ehollier
05-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Getlo... I think you just got mixed up. Are you sure it wasn´t Marty who didn´t attend Elvis funeral and one of the Staley´s wife who slept with Elvis and not precisely to get a nap?

I read that it was Billy's wife that he slept with, too. As far as the Stanley brothers, I've never considered them a very reliable source for information.

Donut
05-30-2008, 03:23 PM
I read that it was Billy's wife that he slept with, too. As far as the Stanley brothers, I've never considered them a very reliable source for information.

Reliable or not I´m sure i have read it about one of the Stanley´s brothers. The only thing I have read about Elvis sleeping with Billy´s wife is Elvis sleeping with Biily and his wife in the same bed, nothing to do with sex, so I´m curious about that statment wich if true I don´t remember having read in my more than 40 books on Elvis in my collection...:blink:

ehollier
05-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Reliable or not I´m sure i have read it about one of the Stanley´s brothers. The only thing I have read about Elvis sleeping with Billy´s wife is Elvis sleeping with Biily and his wife in the same bed, nothing to do with sex, so I´m curious about that statment wich if true I don´t remember having read in my more than 40 books on Elvis in my collection...:blink:

Seems that I read something about Elvis sleeping with Billy's wife happening in 1972 (possibly b/t the Spring tour and MSG concerts). But I am sure that I read it was Billy's wife and not the same time frame as in his last year when he would literally sleep with Billy and Jo in the same bed.

Getlo
05-30-2008, 03:38 PM

Maybe I misread the postings.

Okay, if it was Marty who didn't attend ... then my comments still stand.

One of the Stanley wives may have boffed Elvis (I can't say I recall; I tend not to read much about the Stanleys beyond Vernon and Dee's wedding). In any case, Elvis did nail his cousin-in-law.

ksimms2
05-30-2008, 03:55 PM

I agree donut - I don't think Elvis slept with Billy's wife Jo in that sense - I know they shared a bed on numerous occasions because Elvis did not like to be alone - nowhere have I read that elvis had sex with Jo.

(and as a woman - I would have slept with Elvis! Okay - I don't care who I was married to! I know - I'm low)

Tony Trout
05-30-2008, 04:05 PM

One of the Stanley wives may have boffed Elvis (I can't say I recall; I tend not to read much about the Stanleys beyond Vernon and Dee's wedding). In any case, Elvis did nail his cousin-in-law.

Getlo,

It was, in fact, Marty Lacker who didn't attend the funeral. Joe Esposito was there. He was a pallbearer.

presley31
05-30-2008, 04:06 PM

gelto is there any interviews where billy has stated that?? cause l did hear that but can't remember reading that part:hmm:

Unchained Melody
05-30-2008, 07:03 PM

Getlo you have a great way with words :lol:;)

I agree, you can't really critcize Marty for not wanting to attend the funeral..like i mentioned, maybe he just wasn't up for seeing his friend like that!! Who know's and who are we to judge his reasons for not attending.

KPM
05-30-2008, 08:15 PM
I agree donut - I don't think Elvis slept with Billy's wife Jo in that sense - I know they shared a bed on numerous occasions because Elvis did not like to be alone - nowhere have I read that elvis had sex with Jo.
(and as a woman - I would have slept with Elvis! Okay - I don't care who I was married to! I know - I'm low)
I do not recall reading or hearing that either. I do recall the story of Elvis sleeping sexually with Billy "Stanleys" wife- but not his cousin Billys wife Jo (at least in the biblical sense).

utmom2008
05-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Getlo,

It was, in fact, Marty Lacker who didn't attend the funeral. Joe Esposito was there. He was a pallbearer.

Thanks Mister T....I was afraid I was going crazy there for a minute.:wacko::wacko::wacko:

utmom2008
05-30-2008, 08:44 PM
In any case, Elvis did nail his cousin-in-law.

If Elvis did indeed sleep with Billy Smith's wife Jo...then why on earth would Billy let him crawl in bed with them a few years later to actually sleep with them??:supriced::supriced::supriced:
If that truly is the case, then Billy Smith is a bigger man than most husbands would EVER be.;););)

LianaKaralivanou
05-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Who can we trust? That is a big question...Well, I think that I will simply trust my instict! I know that Elvis was a human being and did mistakes like any human being so I don't choose the people that tell only the good stuff for him. That wouldn't be fair. I think!.. But of course it makes me happy when I hear how generous he was or how kind he was. And because many, many different people who knew him confirmed this, well, I believe it!!

cameron
05-30-2008, 08:49 PM
You really need to read books etc more carefully. Various MM members both quit and were fired. Some several times.

And you can't criticise Joe for not going to the funeral. My (former) best mate did not attend his mum's funeral, and - when the time comes - I will not go to my father's either. Way too upsetting. (And he is fine with that. What'll he care? He'll be dead).

For all you know (see above) Joe may have been too upset to attend. Unless he has stated his reasons elsewhere as to why he didn't go (and no, I haven't bothered looking that up), then being upset is a likely scenario.

IF you ever had any idea what you were talking about someone might listen to you. Since I've seen no evidence that you do---and you're getting worse,!Please just stop talking to me until your mental condition improves. Thanks !!

cameron
05-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I do not recall reading or hearing that either. I do recall the story of Elvis sleeping sexually with Billy "Stanleys" wife- but not his cousin Billys wife Jo (at least in the biblical sense).

Yes, that's the only story out here --so far .The Stanley wife.

KPM
05-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Yes, that's the only story out here --so far .
If its true it sure has been kept pretty quiet.

Donut
05-30-2008, 10:33 PM

That´s fine with me, I don´t judge Marty for not attending the funeral just like I don´t judge Elvis for some things he did to some of his friends along his life. I still think they needed and love each other each in their own way.

utmom2008
05-30-2008, 10:56 PM

Is there a particular book that this story is in??

Jumpsuit Junkie
05-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Each and every book I have read has IMO been sensationalised to increase sales! As has already been said people will skew stories to favour them and put their case forward for trying to help Elvis with his addictions.

We will never truly understand what happend In Elvis' life, we will never have all the facts as they truly were. What we do know is that Elvis was a complex human being who had the best intentions in life, just as most of us do. Whatever our outlook on Elvis and the MM we should just be grateful for what we have.

ehollier
05-30-2008, 11:45 PM
We will never truly understand what happend In Elvis' life, we will never have all the facts as they truly were. What we do know is that Elvis was a complex human being who had the best intentions in life, just as most of us do. Whatever our outlook on Elvis and the MM we should just be grateful for what we have.

I think that I must agree with this. Elvis was an intensely private man that lived a very public life. From the death of his twin brother and mother, to his relationship with Col. Parker, divorce from Priscilla, and horrendous drug abuse, there will always be things that we do not know about Elvis completely and each story told from an individual's perspective will change the significance of that story. I suspect that the down times or bad times where much worse than any person could imagine or put into words. Just as the great times were beyond words as well.

I believe that Elvis' early death is one of the reasons that there is such a huge debate and interest in these stories as if by learning the details, we can point a finger and blame his untimely passing on someone else, thereby relieving Elvis of his demise. But I believe that we all take responsibility for ourselves and say - Red and Sonny be held responsible for whatever was in their book and its intention. But Elvis should also be held responsible for his actions - the relationships he had with the MM, the employment, or lack there of, of the MM, the continual search for sources of medications, and his state and the circumstances of his life at the time of his death.

I can understand the intense need to protect him and his image by just portraying the 'good' Elvis, and I am glad. Besides being a very public figure, he also had 2 completely different sides to his personality and the drug abuse just intensified this 10 fold. I said sometime back in this thread, we read and make our choices of what to believe and what not to believe. But we didn't live that lifestyle, we were not in that bubble that he maintained so close around him, so I don't feel as if I can judge anyone that has come out and attributed to what has been written about Elvis.

TotallyInsane
05-31-2008, 12:39 AM
Elvis did not sleep with his cousin's wife.

cameron
05-31-2008, 01:23 AM
Elvis did not sleep with his cousin's wife.

No, he didn't '.Except when Billy, Jo and him all slept together when they stayed over at Graceland.

SweetCaroline
05-31-2008, 01:31 AM
No, he didn't '.Except when Billy, Jo and him all slept together when they stayed over at Graceland.

That is as I have always known it to be too, Gail & Cameron!!!

SweetCaroline
05-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Yes, that's the only story out here --so far .The Stanley wife.

Can't remember the source... but I remember reading it was a Stanley GIRLFRIEND or x-girlfriend, not wife, Cameron.

cameron
05-31-2008, 01:47 AM
Can't remember the source... but I remember reading it was a Stanley GIRLFRIEND or x-girlfriend, not wife, Cameron.
I think you're right ! Just can't remember which book it was in now.
If I get time over the weekend, I'll see if I can find it.
Thanks for keeping us straight. ;)

presley31
05-31-2008, 04:05 AM
Billy Smith: Elvis got into bed with Smith and his wife Jo "many times at Graceland when we would spend the night there in Lisa's room, or on tour in the hotel, and at the trailer on the property at Graceland. ... we were all three there talking for hours about everything in the world! Sometimes he would have a bad dream and come looking for me to talk to, and he would actually fall asleep in our bed with us. That happened a lot of times, and we thought nothing of it.

I'am pretty sure it was billy stanley girlfriend(wife)angie. I think thats her name

Merry
05-31-2008, 06:54 AM

You should stop sprouting off as an "Expert".

Merry
05-31-2008, 06:56 AM

Where did you get this information from, please?

cameron
05-31-2008, 07:28 AM
Billy Smith: Elvis got into bed with Smith and his wife Jo "many times at Graceland when we would spend the night there in Lisa's room, or on tour in the hotel, and at the trailer on the property at Graceland. ... we were all three there talking for hours about everything in the world! Sometimes he would have a bad dream and come looking for me to talk to, and he would actually fall asleep in our bed with us. That happened a lot of times, and we thought nothing of it.

I'am pretty sure it was billy stanley girlfriend(wife)angie. I think thats her name
I just skimmed through The Death of Elvis earlier.
In that it says Billy Stanley wrote in the book {Elvis,We Love You Tender} that his wife {Angie} had a brief affair with Elvis.
Now, I must have read it somewhere else too, because I never read the Stanley's book. Don't really know, but after 31 years {or more} I just don't think it's that important to keep up the gossip. :blink:

utmom2008
05-31-2008, 08:44 PM
I just skimmed through The Death of Elvis earlier.
In that it says Billy Stanley wrote in the book {Elvis,We Love You Tender} that his wife {Angie} had a brief affair with Elvis.
Don't really know, but after 31 years {or more} I just don't think it's that important to keep up the gossip. :blink:

There may not be a need to keep up the gossip, but this thread has opened up a whoe new can of worms. The accusation has been put out there that Elvis slept(sexually) with Billy Smith's wife Jo. I think this is one statement that we need to verify or put it to bed so to speak. I have tried skimming back through alot of my books in the last 24 hours, and I can't find it anywhere......:doh::hmm:

Diane
05-31-2008, 09:49 PM
You'll never find it Rosanne because it didn't happen. It was Billy Stanley who said Elvis slept with his wife and you know just how much trust we can put in anything the Stanley's say. Billy mentions it in his book "Elvis My Brother". I can't remember seeing it in "Elvis We Love You Tender" but that was as trashy as the Goldman book so I skimmed through it.

utmom2008
05-31-2008, 10:04 PM
What book did this come from? :supriced:

I had heard that it was Billy's wife, Jo, also. And I agree, that was a pretty deplorable thing to do.

What book did you get this from? :supriced:

yep l heard the same thing that it was billy wife elvis went and slept with, but l think he did the same with one of stanleys girlfriend.

You'll never find it Rosanne because it didn't happen.

I think you are right Diane. I have looked and looked and can't find it anywhere.:hmm::hmm::hmm:

cameron
05-31-2008, 10:07 PM
You'll never find it Rosanne because it didn't happen. It was Billy Stanley who said Elvis slept with his wife and you know just how much trust we can put in anything the Stanley's say. Billy mentions it in his book "Elvis My Brother". I can't remember seeing it in "Elvis We Love You Tender" but that was as trashy as the Goldman book so I skimmed through it.
That's all I've ever found. It was Billy Stanley's wife, not Billy Smith's .
However , someone might come up with that story that jumped on the gossip train. But, he'll have to prove it !! :P

presley31
05-31-2008, 10:42 PM
What book did this come from? :supriced:

I think you are right Diane. I have looked and looked and can't find it anywhere.:hmm::hmm::hmm:

I didn't get it from a book, but from the others forums, but there always been untrue things about elvis, so really this isn't nothing new. There will always be people who have the wrong information, but you can't change there minds when they really believe something. As for gelto well he got all the facts so he would be the best one to ask:hmm: I hardly think jo would do that billy, but if someone has the reveations from the mm, maybe theres where billy stanley wife is mentiond.

presley31
05-31-2008, 10:44 PM
That's all I've ever found. It was Billy Stanley's wife, not Billy Smith's .
However , someone might come up with that story that jumped on the gossip train. But, he'll have to prove it !! :P

I have never seen the facts in writing cameron so l take it for gossip, but as for angie, l'am pretty sure one of the mm bought that up in Revevlations from the memphis mafia.

cameron
05-31-2008, 11:16 PM
I have never seen the facts in writing cameron so l take it for gossip, but as for angie, l'am pretty sure one of the mm bought that up in Revevlations from the memphis mafia.

I guess it would be hard to show the facts.
To my knowledge, Angie never said it. Seems it might be her and Elvis that would know for sure. ;)
That probably is where I saw it first ; RMM. I've loaned mine out.
Somebody else might check it.

utmom2008
05-31-2008, 11:23 PM
To my knowledge, Angie never said it. Seems it might be her and Elvis that would know for sure. ;)

I've got mine...I will see what I can find.;);)

presley31
05-31-2008, 11:46 PM

Never kept that book either cameron. There is better books to read beside that one:doh:

TotallyInsane
06-01-2008, 01:59 AM
Well, if you believe everything you read or hear you might believe that he slept with his mother too - after all Dee Presley said that!! I think someone got their Billys' confused when they passing on what happened.

4THEHEART
06-01-2008, 03:44 AM
I can't believe some of Elvis' so called fans' appetite, when it comes to spread a lie,so they could label him as lowest!! if there's something low,it is that behaviour of those fans'..

cameron
06-01-2008, 04:07 AM
Well, if you believe everything you read or hear you might believe that he slept with his mother too - after all Dee Presley said that!! I think someone got their Billys' confused when they passing on what happened.

I read Gladys and Elvis. That pretty much cleared up a lot of BS I'd read.
In Death of Elvis, Goldman is also mentioned. He tried to get Charlie Thompson to show him the autopsy and CT ,said no way !! He didn't like him either . Some folks are just vicious with their lies . Trash sells !

I read a Bio someone did on Goldman after he died ; it was great !! :lol: I know, I'm on my way to hell just as fast as I can go. I'll have a little talk with Goldman then. ;)I'll probably have to stand in line !

TotallyInsane
06-01-2008, 06:42 AM
I read Gladys and Elvis. That pretty much cleared up a lot of BS I'd read.
In Death of Elvis, Goldman is also mentioned. He tried to get Charlie Thompson to show him the autopsy and CT ,said no way !! He didn't like him either . Some folks are just vicious with their lies . Trash sells !

I read a Bio someone did on Goldman after he died ; it was great !! :lol: I know, I'm on my way to hell just as fast as I can go. I'll have a little talk with Goldman then. ;)I'll probably have to stand in line !

Better hurry I might beat you there!!!!!

midnight
06-01-2008, 01:52 PM
It seems according to some of the threads here all Elvis did was get high and have sex. His choice of drug had to be VIAGRA. I just can`t see how he could of done both things so often! I really do not care who he slept with. All I care about is all the happiness he gave me over the years. Now in the meantime, sleeping with him would of been nice.....and I don`t mean sleeping......lol

cameron
06-01-2008, 03:26 PM
It seems according to some of the threads here all Elvis did was get high and have sex. His choice of drug had to be VIAGRA. I just can`t see how he could of done both things so often! I really do not care who he slept with. All I care about is all the happiness he gave me over the years. Now in the meantime, sleeping with him would of been nice.....and I don`t mean sleeping......lol

I believe Elvis remarked about the same thing. :P
IF he'd been doing all the things he was accused of; he'd have had no time to do any concerts. :blink:

TotallyInsane
06-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Cameron and Midnight -
That was my point exactly!! I really don't care who he slept with or who thinks he was stoned/high 24/7 - there was more to the man than that! Even though fans, family members and friends only want to talk about the negative. I never would have dreamed that he would have been painted to be such a monster as he has been!

cameron
06-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Cameron and Midnight -
That was my point exactly!! I really don't care who he slept with or who thinks he was stoned/high 24/7 - there was more to the man than that! Even though fans, family members and friends only want to talk about the negative. I never would have dreamed that he would have been painted to be such a monster as he has been!

Nope, I was rudely awakened at how vicious some are .
Especially on an Elvis site. :'(
Of course, if you say anything about it; it's you that are accused of saying they're not Elvis fans!
Amazing ,disappointing and confusing :blink: .
I have a little grandson that says, "I can't like that." On some things here, I'd have to agree.

TotallyInsane
06-01-2008, 04:16 PM
That will be our new line:

I can't like that!!! :lmfao::lmfao:

Diane
06-01-2008, 05:19 PM
I have to agree with your grandson Cameron. I can't like that either.:)

Donut
06-01-2008, 05:26 PM
I can´t see how he would be a monster for having a problem with drugs or sleeping around. I´m happy for him if he had fun with girls along his life, it´s not like they were forced to have fun with him, i´m sure...

SweetCaroline
06-01-2008, 06:40 PM

It took me awhile :hmm: digging through the cobwebs of my mind :blink: and checking around the net to where I had traveled the last few months ...trying to figure out WHERE I read about Stanley's x-girlfriend or girlfriend. Finally it came back to me...
About three months ago I was looking for Schillings book I had finally decided to purchase...and in the process started glancing at other ELVIS book reviews.
Up pops, "ELVIS, My Brother" by Billy Stanley:blink:...so I read the reviews. One reviewer of the Stanley book mentioned that Elvis romanced away Stanley's wife...Then another reviewer says NO it was not his wife it was his girlfriend that Billy Stanley had broken up with. :blink: So, anyway the bottom line is the original source of this story is Billy Stanley and we all know how trustworthy ANYTHING a Stanley says is. I NEVER read the book so someone else who actually read it might be able to give us exactly what Billy Stanley has passed on in his book and how it was worded.

By any means....it was NOT cousin Billy Smith's WIFE!!!

I also have another question to throw out there.......What kind of HUSBAND/BROTHER (if indeed the story is truly about the WIFE and they were married)........throws his wife under the bus in such a ugly way as telling the WHOLE WORLD of her transgressions....not to mention his step-brothers? What people will do and how they will LIE for $$$$$ :mad::mad::mad:

cameron
06-02-2008, 12:55 PM
It took me awhile :hmm: digging through the cobwebs of my mind :blink: and checking around the net to where I had traveled the last few months ...trying to figure out WHERE I read about Stanley's x-girlfriend or girlfriend. Finally it came back to me...
About three months ago I was looking for Schillings book I had finally decided to purchase...and in the process started glancing at other ELVIS book reviews.
Up pops, "ELVIS, My Brother" by Billy Stanley:blink:...so I read the reviews. One reviewer of the Stanley book mentioned that Elvis romanced away Stanley's wife...Then another reviewer says NO it was not his wife it was his girlfriend that Billy Stanley had broken up with. :blink: So, anyway the bottom line is the original source of this story is Billy Stanley and we all know how trustworthy ANYTHING a Stanley says is. I NEVER read the book so someone else who actually read it might be able to give us exactly what Billy Stanley has passed on in his book and how it was worded.

By any means....it was NOT cousin Billy Smith's WIFE!!!

I also have another question to throw out there.......What kind of HUSBAND/BROTHER (if indeed the story is truly about the WIFE and they were married)........throws his wife under the bus in such a ugly way as telling the WHOLE WORLD of her transgressions....not to mention his step-brothers? What people will do and how they will LIE for $$$$$ :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for checking on this. I didn't read any of the Stanleys books.
I must have read it some place else.
It's always a good idea to try and run down rumors before repeating them, IMO. Otherwise, we just add to the gossip !
Not very "christian" for a man or woman to "tell the world", just to CYA either . But, they're well known for blaming others. :blink:

Tony Trout
06-02-2008, 02:06 PM
[/b]

There may not be a need to keep up the gossip, but this thread has opened up a whoe new can of worms. The accusation has been put out there that Elvis slept(sexually) with Billy Smith's wife Jo. I think this is one statement that we need to verify or put it to bed so to speak. I have tried skimming back through alot of my books in the last 24 hours, and I can't find it anywhere......:doh::hmm:

You are correct, Diane. It was Billy Stanley's girlfriend, Angie.

presley31
06-02-2008, 02:14 PM
I think we all knew it was Billy stanley girlfriend, doubt very much elvis would do something like that his own cousin, and the stanleys were really nothing to him.