PDA

View Full Version : 8mm films

Unchained Melody
05-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Anyone here collect fan footage from live concerts in the 70's.
watched the bicentennial elvis vol.2 lastnight and it was great seeing pittsburg and birmingham shows though not in excellent quality i love watching these types of films, besides its the only video we have from certain years like 74-76 etc.(y)

The Welz
05-29-2008, 02:46 PM
I like the New Year's Eve show, too. Elvis was slimmer than since a long time and gave a really commited performance. Even the quality of the film is good enough to watch the whole show.

The Birmingham concert is not my cup of tea, because Elvis was obviously under the influence of uppers. Even though he performed some rare songs and did it well, I have an uneasy feeling listening to that very show. And the picture quality isn't too good either, at least from the 8mm film I know.

Unchained Melody
05-29-2008, 06:43 PM
The Birmingham concert is not my cup of tea, because Elvis was obviously under the influence of uppers. Even though he performed some rare songs and did it well, I have an uneasy feeling listening to that very show. And the picture quality isn't too good either, at least from the 8mm film I know.

I think some would argue that was the case for the entire tour, all the shows performed !!

Or maybe he was showing off for his new leading leady, the lovely Ginger Alden ;)(y)

By the way, you should check out the recently released upgrade of the Birmingham concert titled, "High Voltage". It's a killer show ;)

Unchained Melody
05-29-2008, 07:08 PM
I've got it playing now, and it sounds mighty fine my friend :notworthy

Back to footage, do you collect other stuff aswell theres some great 8mm films out there !!:notworthy