PDA

View Full Version : Elvis was a "Candle in the Wind"

utmom2008
05-26-2008, 08:36 PM
This is Doug Church doing Elvis singing Candle in the Wind. This could have easily been written about Elvis, just change a line or two. After all...."his candle burned out long before his legend ever did".:sad::sad:

AUoxKbZ7Lwo&feature=related

elvisia
05-26-2008, 09:27 PM
When listening to this beautiful song, I don`t hear "Elvis" in Doug`s voice.....maybe his voice no longer sounds like Elvis as it use to do...a little.
Anyway, the song was perfect for Elton John to sing to Prinsess Diana and for Doug to sing to Elvis.....just perfect.....thanks for posting this video, never before thought about Elvis when hearing this song.

utmom2008
05-27-2008, 01:06 AM
When listening to this beautiful song, I don`t hear "Elvis" in Doug`s voice.....maybe his voice no longer sounds like Elvis as it use to do...a little.
Anyway, the song was perfect for Elton John to sing to Prinsess Diana and for Doug to sing to Elvis.....just perfect.....thanks for posting this video, never before thought about Elvis when hearing this song.

I never had really thought about it with Elvis either, but if you change just a couple of lines it could be his story.:blink::blush::blink:

SweetCaroline
05-27-2008, 02:00 AM
[/b]

I never had really thought about it with Elvis either, but if you change just a couple of lines it could be his story.:blink::blush::blink:

Absolutely, Rosanne. It is as much our Elvis' story as it is Marilyn's or Princess Diana's. A touching song/clip. :(