PDA

View Full Version : Opening Night 1970 Madison

Unchained Melody
05-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Your thoughts on this CD ?

Recieved mine yesterday, will say Madison never let's us down with their products. Haven't got a chance to listen to it all but the sound is SUPERB !!

jon_burrows
05-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Glad to hear that, I ordered mine earlier this week so I should receive it next week some time.

Albert
05-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Madison really set the bar for import cd's extremely high when it's about packing a CD. They're artwork is simply stunning. Most of the BMG cd's can't tip on them.

The sound however leaves quite some room for improvement most of the times. I don't know exactly anymore what title it was, but there was a 1975 show released by Madison, followed by a release of the LMP (Lovely Music Production?) label. Some said that LMP used the Madison release as their source. I don't care who was who's source, but the LMP sounded better than the Madison release. And that happened a few times, when the Madison releases would be re-released on CDR by house-town-and-kitchen labels. Theses internet releases would be 'remastered' versions of the Madison releases, but many times with better (or more appealing) soundquality.

Anyway, I consider those Madison releases as must-haves, just as the Bilko's and Fort Baxters were.

Haven't received this one yet (but looking forward to it)

U.S. Male
05-24-2008, 12:20 AM
Mine arrived today, and let me say this one is a MUST HAVE for any collector (y)

The sound is far much improved than what was found on the two previous cd's that contained portions of this show.

Lisarose
05-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Link for Madison?

Sonny
05-24-2008, 03:31 PM
The cd is also in our import section now.

Sonny

Unchained Melody
05-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Link for Madison?

Madison don't have a webiste they sell these at I'm affraid.

Unchained Melody
05-25-2008, 07:54 PM
The cd is also in our import section now.

Sonny

Thank you Sonny.