PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Stops The Rain

nabelt24
05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
This was originally posted by Polk-Salad-Annie:
"... it had been raining all day long and Billy told Elvis he wanted the rain to stop.
' Ain't no problem, I'll take care of it' Elvis said, as he placed his hands out and the rain stopped.
He turned to the others and with a cheeky grin he said ' If you have a little faith, you can stop anything'."

I've heard several stories of Elvis doing similar things, including one from David Stanley. David stated, and I quote... "we were in the middle of a huge storm with thunder, lightning and hail... so bad we couldn't see our hands in front of our faces. Elvis said 'Man, I'm sick of this! I'll take care of it.' So, he rolled back the sun-roof with the rain pouring in, stood up and parted his hands in the sky. The storm clouds split with rain pouring down on either side and a clear sun-lite path in the middle."

My question is, what is your opinion of these tall tales of Elvis? I'm not sure what to think.

President Presley
05-15-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't know what to think either, but it's very interesting. He could even heal the sick with his hands. If Elvis had spiritual powers, what are his powers now in the afterlife:hmm:

Pelvis
05-15-2008, 06:05 PM
yeh i heard about these stories too

I don't believe it at all,also i think they were all using those medication pills a bit too much at those times lol

Elvistcbkirch
05-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Please. Its the same blabbering we've heard for 31 years. That Elvis had supernatural powers, that he was Jesus, that he could walk on water. Please...

TotallyInsane
05-15-2008, 06:07 PM

I don't believe it at all,also i think they were all using those medication pills a bit too much at those times lol

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
I'm with you!!! They were either taking too many pills or maybe had tried too much LSD!!!! We need to ask them what color the sky was when Elvis STOPPED THE RAIN - betcha $50.00 it was purple and green and pink and blue and yellow.......:lmfao::lmfao:

nabelt24
05-15-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm with you!!! They were either taking too many pills or maybe had tried too much LSD!!!! We need to ask them what color the sky was when Elvis STOPPED THE RAIN - betcha $50.00 it was purple and green and pink and blue and yellow.......:lmfao::lmfao:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::P

cameron
05-15-2008, 06:16 PM
I believe these things are very real. Elvis practised them though; no one else believed in it, except Geller. Wonder why they'd want to bring any of that up, since they only laughed about it? :hmm:
I forgot; anything to discredit EP.

Didn't make Elvis "god-like "either. Anyone can do it, IMO.;)

Pelvis
05-15-2008, 06:17 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lmfao:

Tony Trout
05-15-2008, 07:46 PM

Actually, Billy had stopped taking anything at all by that time. And he's the one who does recollect the story. I, frankly, think it was just a coincidence that the rain stopped when they asked it to---nothing more than that.

utmom2008
05-15-2008, 08:10 PM
I believe these things are very real. Elvis practised them though; no one else believed in it, except Geller. Wonder why they'd want to bring any of that up, since they only laughed about it? :hmm:
I forgot; anything to discredit EP.

Didn't make Elvis "god-like "either. Anyone can do it, IMO.;)

Anyone can stop the rain????

TotallyInsane
05-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Well, actually I do believe he had some sort of powers. Cause there was this one night in Las Vegas and he was singing Can't Help Falling in Love and he looked my way and pointed and the next darn thing I knew I was on top of the table next to us at the end of the stage getting a scarf!!!!!! I think he knew I was there and he wanted to give it to me so he magnetized me from his finger!!! He was a very powerful, powerful man!!!

4THEHEART
05-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Please. Its the same blabbering we've heard for 31 years. That Elvis had supernatural powers, that he was Jesus, that he could walk on water. Please...

stopping rain is not a supernatural power.It is a natural power..we are part of nature and a piece of all the happenings just like rain..wonder if anyone remembers, human being is natural and just another source of enrgy.. a Shaman master could tell more about this..;)

utmom2008
05-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, actually I do believe he had some sort of powers. Cause there was this one night in Las Vegas and he was singing Can't Help Falling in Love and he looked my way and pointed and the next darn thing I knew I was on top of the table next to us at the end of the stage getting a scarf!!!!!! I think he knew I was there and he wanted to give it to me so he magnetized me from his finger!!! He was a very powerful, powerful man!!!

:lmfao: And...you were not old enough to be drinking either.:lmfao::lmfao::king::king::king:

cameron
05-15-2008, 09:58 PM
stopping rain is not a supernatural power.It is a natural power..we are part of nature and a piece of all the happenings just like rain..wonder if anyone remembers, human being is natural and just another source of enrgy.. a Shaman master could tell more about this..;)

Yes, it's what I was referring to. Elvis understood.It's not so strange .

Lisarose
05-15-2008, 11:29 PM
I think I'm really gonna regret posting here, but anyway. . . I have a dear friend [adopted daughter so to speak] who is Choctaw, she has these powers, I've seen her "calm the winds". There's a lot of stuff out there that can't be explained, and there's a lot of stuff that can be explained - by those little colored pills - in some cases those effects take years to wear off.
I'm not so eager to believe that he had a shaman's power, but I easily believe that with God's help and his deep-rooted belief in that same God, he was able to heal.
Okay, enough of that - I won't be going there anymore! :D

4THEHEART
05-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I know you understand Cameron ,and am thankful for that..;)
yes, some kind of herbs enable a person to get rid of the mental blockage and help to have a deeper awareness and understanding and those were used by people for centuries in the eastern part of the world mostly..they weren't meant to make people numb..but in our western system,we produced those little, coloured, useless,harmful synthetic pills then,linked every possible natural ability to hallucinations those pills could cause and denied our inborn power ..Elvis was an intelligent man among others, who refused to learn and understand more..he didn't need to dream of having abilities,he just had them..

CRITTERGITTER
05-16-2008, 01:17 AM
I think it is possible. There are people who can focus their energies and do amazing things. He had all the information, Christian and metaphysical, but nothing helped him. Nothing from either way satisfied the emptiness that Elvis felt. I wonder where it failed him.

nabelt24
05-16-2008, 02:18 AM
There are some very interesting posts here. Thank you for the great ideals and answers.

presley31
05-16-2008, 03:40 AM
I think I'm really gonna regret posting here, but anyway. . . I have a dear friend [adopted daughter so to speak] who is Choctaw, she has these powers, I've seen her "calm the winds". There's a lot of stuff out there that can't be explained, and there's a lot of stuff that can be explained - by those little colored pills - in some cases those effects take years to wear off.
I'm not so eager to believe that he had a shaman's power, but I easily believe that with God's help and his deep-rooted belief in that same God, he was able to heal.
Okay, enough of that - I won't be going there anymore! :D

thanks for sharing that Lisarose..very interesting.

cameron
05-16-2008, 05:57 AM
I think it is possible. There are people who can focus their energies and do amazing things. He had all the information, Christian and metaphysical, but nothing helped him. Nothing from either way satisfied the emptiness that Elvis felt. I wonder where it failed him.

I don't think his understandings failed him--but, he failed to carry through and apply what he knew. He was always in a hurry and some things just have to evolve. There's an old saying : " When the student is ready, the teacher appears." I just don't believe he ever quite incorporated all he knew into his life. But, I bet he knows now. ;)

Getlo
05-17-2008, 03:22 AM
stopping rain is not a supernatural power.It is a natural power..a Shaman master could tell more about this..;)

Er, if stopping rain was really a natural power, then wouldn't someone have cottoned onto the idea by now of calling someone in during severe storms who could make it stop?

And wouldn't making rain also be a natural thing, by that thinking? Send a Shaman master to drought-stricken areas perhaps ...

It's absolute rubbish.

The rain stopped because ... it stopped! ;)

4THEHEART
05-17-2008, 11:05 AM
interraction with nature is what we've done till now and ruined it all..see ?we "the human kind" has that power,our evil intentions even counts(laugh as loud as you can,this too, is good for your health:P).unfortunately, less people wish to use it in a correct way,besides, Shamans respect nature,it's not about the pleasure of controlling all,sure beyond your understanding..I bet you'd try to control everything once you found out you have some power..so I'm glad you do not believe..:) we have enough disasters around the world..

MissyM
05-17-2008, 12:33 PM
I think a lot of things like this are over-dramatized and sensationalized. The thing is, in written words you can't always get the feel for what the writter is saying. It was probably just an amazing coincidence that they all were somewhat in awe of, but still really doubted that it was the powers of Elvis that did it.

rocknroll
05-17-2008, 02:52 PM
I think a lot of things like this are over-dramatized and sensationalized. The thing is, in written words you can't always get the feel for what the writter is saying. It was probably just an amazing coincidence that they all were somewhat in awe of, but still really doubted that it was the powers of Elvis that did it.

Elvis was Jesus......or Batman. I can never remember which one.:lol:

4THEHEART
05-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Jesus was human too..why should we feel so miserable and desperate for being human??

rocknroll
05-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Jesus was human too..why should we feel so miserable and desperate for being human??

Say what???

4THEHEART
05-17-2008, 03:12 PM
exactly what you read..

rocknroll
05-17-2008, 03:27 PM
exactly what you read..

Got it. Let me translate.

Elvis was "just an entertainer". He could not heal the sick, he could not make clouds move, he could not start/stop rain. He was not Christ or anything close to that. He was a man with a great voice and a talent to sing many styles........and that is pretty much it.

Sorry you totally missed the jist of my original joke and took it to the nth degree of total seriousness with some overdramitic philosophy on Jesus.

cameron
05-17-2008, 04:24 PM
interraction with nature is what we've done till now and ruined it all..see ?we "the human kind" has that power,our evil intentions even counts(laugh as loud as you can,this too, is good for your health:P).unfortunately, less people wish to use it in a correct way,besides, Shamans respect nature,it's not about the pleasure of controlling all,sure beyond your understanding..I bet you'd try to control everything once you found out you have some power..so I'm glad you do not believe..:) we have enough disasters around the world..
I agree with all you say. ;)(y)
We have enough disasters in our world without some that do not understand.
Respect is a word some do not understand. More's the pity.

cameron
05-17-2008, 04:28 PM

Elvis was "just an entertainer".
He could not heal the sick, he could not make clouds move, he could not start/stop rain. He was not Christ or anything close to that. He was a man with a great voice and a talent to sing many styles........and that is pretty much it.

Sorry you totally missed the jist of my original joke and took it to the nth degree of total seriousness with some overdramitic philosophy on Jesus.

The parts bolded I agree with. The rest appears to be just trying to make a joke of Elvis and Jesus.
Someday, maybe folks will understand. :doh:

4THEHEART
05-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Cameron,I can't believe myself..that I still reply:blush:..must be my over bordom..

and dear RR..I'm not intend to be disrespectful but Jesus or other prophets including Buddha,are human beings in my eyes and I'm glad they became examples for people to show how far a human being can get enlighted..if we believe they did good things,then we better follow their example..religions I guess,and only my opinion again, made us believe that we should feel inferior as human being and only worship,and not even dare to try to be anything Christ( I mean light, not Jesus) like..so we got lower and lower and lost our self confidence and the real capabilities.. equality with all it's meanings were erased off of our genetic system in time and fear replaced with love..
but I believe whatever we've been taught as supernatural,is not so actually..I'll go on searching.. well, that's why I believe Elvis could do that kinda things,not because I'm a fan of his,or think he was a superhero..I do not believe superheros,cause anything super is nothing more than our courage,belief or free thinking..it's just we all get there,when our times will come..
feel like another huh? question is coming..sorry for this..:lmfao:

rocknroll
05-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Cameron,I can't believe myself..that I still reply:blush:..must be my over bordom..

and dear RR..I'm not intend to be disrespectful but Jesus or other prophets including Buddha,are human beings in my eyes and I'm glad they became examples for people to show how far a human being can get enlighted..if we believe they did good things,then we better follow their example..religions I guess,and only my opinion again, made us believe that we should feel inferior as human being and only worship,and not even dare to try to be anything Christ( I mean light, not Jesus) like..so we got lower and lower and lost our self confidence and the real capabilities.. equality with all it's meanings were erased off of our genetic system in time and fear replaced with love..
but I believe whatever we've been taught as supernatural,is not so actually..I'll go on searching.. well, that's why I believe Elvis could do that kinda things,not because I'm a fan of his,or think he was a superhero..I do not believe superheros,cause anything super is nothing more than our courage,belief or free thinking..it's just we all get there,when our times will come..
feel like another huh? question is coming..sorry for this..:lmfao:

Sorry, I really do not understand what it is you are trying to say.

Let me be clear, Elvis was not a superhero and not Christ. And yes, I was making a joke of all this because it is beyond ridiculous.

4THEHEART
05-17-2008, 05:35 PM
no,no it's not about your joke..I still have a few brain cells to understand your joke..all I said was to explain why I believe what I believe..nothing wrong with your joke..to make this clear..;)

Tony Trout
05-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Er, if stopping rain was really a natural power, then wouldn't someone have cottoned onto the idea by now of calling someone in during severe storms who could make it stop?

And wouldn't making rain also be a natural thing, by that thinking? Send a Shaman master to drought-stricken areas perhaps ...

It's absolute rubbish.

The rain stopped because ... it stopped! ;)

Exactly.

Elvis was "just an entertainer". He could not heal the sick, he could not make clouds move, he could not start/stop rain. He was not Christ or anything close to that. He was a man with a great voice and a talent to sing many styles........and that is pretty much it.

Thank you!

It's too bad that some fans (not any fan here, I don't think) don't view Elvis in this light.....

Let me be clear, Elvis was not a superhero and not Christ.

Agreed again! When we begin to compare Elvis as being like Jesus, that's taking things way too far, IMO. We are not supposed to put any man/woman or anything above God/Christ.

cameron
05-17-2008, 06:10 PM
:hmm: According to my christian faith; we must all strive to be like Jesus. {Not Him, just like Him} According to Jesus; we could do all He did and more.
But, this is off topic and belongs in a "religious discussion" IMO.
It's just best to not laugh at things we don't understand. ;)

4THEHEART
05-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Cameron,sometimes we have to give examples related to religions cause when we talk a little high,specially about Elvis,we immediately hit the same wall..Elvis and Jesus comparison..there's no meaning at all and not my fav subject exactly, cause I have a rather daring free mind which makes me a loner..anyway,I'm used to it..;)

cameron
05-17-2008, 08:44 PM
IMO, it would be interesting to discuss Elvis' own personal beliefs and his life .
Unfortunately, people take it as "comparing Elvis to God" and no one means it that way in the slightest. So, the arguements begin..or else the jokes from some because it makes them uncomfortable. Then you have to watch what you say and many grow tired of the restrictions placed upon them.
I'm not sure why these things cannot be discussed from an unemotional aspect and let all have their opinion. It seems Elvis found it that way too. :'(

http://oldies.about.com/od/elvispresleyhistory/a/elvis1965_2.htm

March 17, 1965 : Presley joins a religious group based in Pacific Palisades, CA, called the Self-Realization Fellowship, led by Sri Daya Mata, whom Elvis will turn to for spiritual guidance on and off for the rest of his life.

"My career won't allow it, my management won't allow it, my friends won't allow it... I've been fortunate in that I can, if I read something that somebody has written, and I'm intrigued by it, or I need to know more, I can contact them, and chances are, they'll respond because of who I am, and that's good because it's helped me, and in helping me, they've helped other people, but I have this need for more, and its driving me crazy, it's driving me crazy. "

4THEHEART
05-17-2008, 09:23 PM
don't know Cameron,it seems unvisible chains became a part of almost everyone's life on this earth..most people seems comfortable wearing them..tiresome..for Elvis,to show or talk about his real interests or views,beliefs were much more difficult than it is for us but just wish to believe he found a way somehow to share them with a few people.
One thing I'm sure of is,it would've been so great to talk to him on those subjects for hours.. he was a man who knew to listen and for sure had a lot to say..:'(

geordie
05-17-2008, 11:07 PM
elvis, i love the bloke, he was imo the best singer/performer ever to walk the earth.
and imo as a practising rabbii/ aman/ monk/ atheist

i can honestly say, elvis was human, giving to human mistakes and thats it SIMPLE AS THAT.
hari christna to all

mistymorning
05-18-2008, 08:36 AM
many strange things happen in this world that we don't know why and how they happen. We can't deny or ignore anything that we don't have enough knowledege about it. we should accept that our knowledge is limited in some fields specially supernatural subjects. and why should we think anyone who talks about his super natural powers is lying ?!! elvis practiced meditation and other spiritual powers for years.
his dentist Lester hoffman tells about an occasion when he performed a surgery on his tooth without numbing him and he numbed himself without medicine ! you can read it here for yourself.
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/interview_lester_hoffman.shtml

cameron
05-18-2008, 12:20 PM
many strange things happen in this world that we don't know why and how they happen. We can't deny or ignore anything that we don't have enough knowledege about it. we should accept that our knowledge is limited in some fields specially supernatural subjects. and why should we think anyone who talks about his super natural powers is lying ?!! elvis practiced meditation and other spiritual powers for years.
his dentist Lester hoffman tells about an occasion when he performed a surgery on his tooth without numbing him and he numbed himself without medicine ! you can read it here for yourself.
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/interview_lester_hoffman.shtml

I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for reminding us.
I'd read that a long time ago. Yes, there's many things we don't understand right now. ;)

MissyM
05-18-2008, 12:33 PM
There's a huge difference in what can be done in meditation concerning ourselfs and that which can be done to the world, nature and others. That's where the line gets drawn. Anyone who does meditation or bio-feedback knows that the mind is more powerful than we often realize.
But when we dip into the realm of our surroundings, those are forces beyond our control IMO.
And this need to make Elvis out to be anything that he was not, give him powers that he did not have, is what made his world difficult. Isn't it enough just to understand that he was a remarkable soul, person that we were fortunate to have here for a while to touch our lives? That alone is mystifing enough for me. All the other things are mere conjecture and speculation with no proof and with limited possiblities if you ask me. Like I said, dramatized, sensationalized at times, and I'm thinking never really meant to be so.
I believe that Elvis was gifted, but I do not think he or anyone around him clearly knew the extent of it. And I think the fact that he had such an impact on the world and those he touched, often made him curious about the extent of his powers. But that's all it was, experimentation into the unknown that he tinkered with. Nothing more.

cameron
05-18-2008, 01:10 PM
There's a huge difference in what can be done in meditation concerning ourselfs and that which can be done to the world, nature and others. That's where the line gets drawn. Anyone who does meditation or bio-feedback knows that the mind is more powerful than we often realize.
But when we dip into the realm of our surroundings, those are forces beyond our control IMO.
And this need to make Elvis out to be anything that he was not, give him powers that he did not have, is what made his world difficult. Isn't it enough just to understand that he was a remarkable soul, person that we were fortunate to have here for a while to touch our lives? That alone is mystifing enough for me. All the other things are mere conjecture and speculation with no proof and with limited possiblities if you ask me. Like I said, dramatized, sensationalized at times, and I'm thinking never really meant to be so.
I believe that Elvis was gifted, but I do not think he or anyone around him clearly knew the extent of it. And I think the fact that he had such an impact on the world and those he touched, often made him curious about the extent of his powers. But that's all it was, experimentation into the unknown that he tinkered with. Nothing more.
I agree with you to a certain extent.
Everything about Elvis is dramatized and sensationalized . You'd better talk to the MM about that. {that's what sold their books}
No, I don't believe Elvis or anyone knew the extent of his "gifts." And I agree, it's what made his life difficult at times. So much was expected of him. To quote ." to those that's much is given; much is expected."
I wish it weren't so, but it seems to be in his case. I can accept him for what he was; no more and no less. It's others that still expect him to be something he never was nor ever claimed to be---almost 31 years after his death. To me, it's time to let him RIP and just enjoy what he gave us.He was indeed a gifted man. There's nothing he can do about what others say about him now. IMO, one should either love him or leave him alone. It's in the past , but some still expect him "to do better." :blink: Ah, if only he was granted the opportunity to tell his side of things.

mistymorning
05-18-2008, 03:13 PM
we can't deny that elvis was /is really a special person.He is still remembered and loved by many people around the world ( many young people who were not born when he died love him dearly ) It may shows that the man had a heavenly protection . this man's being is something super natural by itself !