PDA

View Full Version : What Movies Would Elvis Had Been Good in?

U.S. Male
04-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Of all the movies that have came out since August 1977, which ones do you think would have been good for Elvis to star in had he lived longer and resumed doing motion pictures? :hmm:

nabelt24
04-30-2008, 09:02 PM
I had mentioned this on another thread... "Smokey and The Bandit" would have been PERFECT for Elvis!!!! And, of course, "A Star Is Born".

U.S. Male
04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Nathan, you must be a mind reader :lol:

I agree that Smokey would've been a great role for him, especially it being a southern themed film. I believe would've had a lot of fun with this one :D

Tony Trout
04-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Nathan, you must be a mind reader :lol:

I agree that Smokey would've been a great role for him, especially it being a southern themed film. I believe would've had a lot of fun with this one :D

I'll agree 'bout SATB but....what role would he have played? Also, although everyone agrees that Elvis would have been great in "A Star Is Born"...I somehow can't imagine Elvis playing the kind of character that the movie called for.....

nabelt24
04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
I'll agree 'bout SATB but....what role would he have played? Also, although everyone agrees that Elvis would have been great in "A Star Is Born"...I somehow can't imagine Elvis playing the kind of character that the movie called for.....

He would have taken the place of Burt Reynolds, of course! And, yes, I think he would have had a BLAST filming it. He could have also recorded the soundtrack........ but, please, no breaking out in song during the movie. I can hear him singing "East Bound And Down"!

elvisia
04-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Elvis would have been great as James Bond (y), just think about it .....wow

Broussey
05-01-2008, 12:05 AM
I think he would have been really good in the Indiana Jones Movies....(y)

U.S. Male
05-01-2008, 04:12 AM
He would have taken the place of Burt Reynolds, of course! And, yes, I think he would have had a BLAST filming it. He could have also recorded the soundtrack........ but, please, no breaking out in song during the movie. I can hear him singing "East Bound And Down"!

Excellent points Mr. T (y)

On a side note, I think Charlie could have played "Little Enos" :lol: :lol: :lol: jk

Unchained Melody
05-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Smokey And The Bandit would like you guys have already mentioned been a good role for Elvis.

The film was southern based, good 'ol country boy type of film that would have fit Elvis perfectly.

Sonny
05-01-2008, 04:33 PM
What about Elvis finally getting back to Kris Kristofferson, for having his part in A Star Is Born?

Elvis, with beard, would have been a cool "Duck" in Convoy!

medleyofcostumes
05-01-2008, 04:50 PM
What about 'Walking Tall' ? It was a great movie in 1975 with 2 sequels. For those who do not know the plot - a man returns to his hometown with his family but is unhappy with the illegalities going on with the go-ahead of the sherrif. So our hero runs for sherrif, wins, and cleanshis hometown from illegalities. Of course this is done but not without consequences. It also stars Red West!!

tcbelvisforever
05-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Karate movies come to mind since Elvis was good at it would have loved to have seen Elvis fighting Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee in a movie and what about Elvis as Rambo or in a Rocky movie.
And would have liked to have seen Elvis in a western with Clint Eastwood or even better John Wayne.
TCB
Dennis

U.S. Male
05-01-2008, 07:15 PM
What about 'Walking Tall' ? It was a great movie in 1975 with 2 sequels.

Another good choice (y)

U.S. Male
05-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Karate movies come to mind since Elvis was good at it would have loved to have seen Elvis fighting Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee in a movie and what about Elvis as Rambo or in a Rocky movie.
And would have liked to have seen Elvis in a western with Clint Eastwood or even better John Wayne.
TCB
Dennis

It would have been really great to see Elvis working along side of someone like a John Wayne or a Clint Eastwood. (y)

The only snag would be that Col. Parker would never allow Elvis to be billed under another star.

Tony Trout
05-01-2008, 07:56 PM
What about Elvis finally getting back to Kris Kristofferson, for having his part in A Star Is Born?

Elvis, with beard, would have been a cool "Duck" in Convoy!

After thinking 'bout it, I'm not quite so sure that the role that Kris played would've suited Elvis......

And I definitely don't think "Convoy" would've been a good role....

cameron
05-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I can see him in Bert Reynolds role in Smokey & the Bandit.
His humor was contageous.

I could also see him in Clint Eastwoods westerns. Some didn't like Charro, but I did. It showed me that he could act. If he'd been given a chance, IMO. ;)

Princesspixie
05-01-2008, 08:50 PM
BRAVEHEART! can you just imagine what he would have looked like in a KILT ? :P

nabelt24
05-02-2008, 12:36 AM
It would have been really great to see Elvis working along side of someone like a John Wayne or a Clint Eastwood. (y)

The only snag would be that Col. Parker would never allow Elvis to be billed under another star.

Wow! That would have been incredible! Or, could you imagine Elvis playing the lead in "A Fist Full Of Dollars"! Another idea.... I would have loved seeing Elvis in a mob movie like... "The French Connection"!!!!

Lisarose
05-02-2008, 01:55 AM
Lots of good ideas, PrincessPixie, Braveheart - I'd love to have seen the scene where they flash their bums to the audience.
SMATB - sure - Burt Reynolds role, but I also loved Jerry Reed's role - especially when he's waist deep in the water after the hound yelling 'don't make me come after you!' Definitely no singing, but I wouldn't mind an opening/closing credit musical number!
Dirty Harry movies? Lots of guns and action there.