PDA

View Full Version : How Did Priscilla Know?????

utmom2008
04-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Reading all of the info that has been posted here of late about Lisa's inheritance got me to thinking.:hmm::hmm:Go back to the beginning....how did Priscilla know about Jack Soden?? He has always been portrayed as a KC Missouri investment counselor...not some Wall Street brainchild. He obviously knew what he was doing...but how did she know about him???

ehollier
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
I seem to remember reading something quite a while ago that his name came from the bank that Elvis did business in Memphis. After Vernon died and the accounts converted, with the bank's help and advice, Soden's name came into the picture, at least that was one of the stories that have been posted about his estate.:):):)

cameron
04-22-2008, 09:14 PM
http://girlsguidetoelvis.com/memnewonsal.html

In 1979 Memphis Mayor Wyeth Chandler wanted the city to buy Graceland (asking price rumored to be $10-11 million). Jack Sodenís business partner, who handled Lisa Marie Presleyís estate for Priscilla Presley, wanted to sell Graceland in 1981. It is a good thing for Lisa Marie Presley that neither got their wish. Sodenís business partner, Morgan Maxfield, died an untimely death in a private jet crash over Labor Day weekend in 1981, leaving Soden to pursue his vision of opening Graceland to a very hungry public.

SweetCaroline
04-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Thank you for asking the question, Rosanne, I have always wondered how Soden came into the picture too. :hmm:

Thank you for your informative replies...ehollier and Cameron. (y)(y)(y)

utmom2008
04-22-2008, 09:27 PM
http://girlsguidetoelvis.com/memnewonsal.html

In 1979 Memphis Mayor Wyeth Chandler wanted the city to buy Graceland (asking price rumored to be $10-11 million). Jack Sodenís business partner, who handled Lisa Marie Presleyís estate for Priscilla Presley, wanted to sell Graceland in 1981. It is a good thing for Lisa Marie Presley that neither got their wish. Sodenís business partner, Morgan Maxfield, died an untimely death in a private jet crash over Labor Day weekend in 1981, leaving Soden to pursue his vision of opening Graceland to a very hungry public.

Thanks for the info. Wow....what an interesting turn of events. I do remember now that Soden was the partner of the original investment counselor.

The King's Queen
04-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks for asking that question Rosanne...(y) I thought I had read that somewhere, but couldn't remember the circumstances exactly. Soooo, I decided to let others answer. If you know what I mean...;)

Lisarose
04-23-2008, 01:16 AM
My head is spinning, there's a reason I avoided Business classes in college - I think I'll just leave now :D

The King's Queen
04-23-2008, 02:34 AM
My head is spinning, there's a reason I avoided Business classes in college - I think I'll just leave now :D

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

utmom2008
04-23-2008, 02:43 AM
Thanks for asking that question Rosanne...(y) I thought I had read that somewhere, but couldn't remember the circumstances exactly. Soooo, I decided to let others answer. If you know what I mean...;)

:lmfao: Yes.....I do know what you mean. We wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes, now would we??:lmfao::lmfao:

Man.....can I relate to that statement. No wonder I loved dance and psychology....:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

The King's Queen
04-23-2008, 02:56 AM
:lmfao: Yes.....I do know what you mean. We wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes, now would we??:lmfao::lmfao:

Certainly NOT! :supriced: ;)

Man.....can I relate to that statement. No wonder I loved dance and psychology....:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:doh::doh::doh: Dance??? Dear me...you don't have a special instructor hidden in your past do you??? ;):P

utmom2008
04-23-2008, 03:26 AM
:doh::doh::doh: Dance??? Dear me...you don't have a special instructor hidden in your past do you??? ;):P

Nope...sorry to dissapoint you. I do believe the head of the dance department in college preferred the company of men more than he did women.:supriced::supriced: However...maybe there is a karate instructor or two stuffed in the back.;);):lmfao: