PDA

View Full Version : Elvis' lost trip to britain!!

italianfan
04-21-2008, 11:04 PM
not sure about this story but interesting anyway...

http://www.metro.co.uk/metrolife/music/article.html?in_article_id=144048&in_page_id=25

04-21-2008, 11:11 PM
What a load of B*ll*h*t

KPM
04-21-2008, 11:18 PM
H'mmm?
I'd never say never in a world of surprises but this is a very doubtful
story.

Trelane P
04-22-2008, 09:09 AM
When elvis was interviewed in the office at Graceland upon arriving back home from the army he said (on film) he never went out except to Pairs. Game over!

Getlo
04-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Absolute rubbish. Never happened.

elvislady
04-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe tommy didnt want to share this memory with the world considering not many pepole keep things to there self about elvis thses days!
elvislady:D

Suspicious Minds
04-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Elvis could not go anywhere on his own in the 50's or later without attracting a big crowd.

elvislady
04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Elvis could not go anywhere on his own in the 50's or later without attracting a big crowd.

There are ways and means!
elvislady;)

presley31
04-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Anything is possible and l think there things elvis did we will never know.. so never say never.

presley31
04-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Revealed . . . Elvis's secret visit to London (with a little help from rock rival Tommy Steele)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r264/Backstrom2003/ElvisTommysteel.jpg

Elvis the same year: He is said to have rung Steele to ask, 'Are you as good as me?'

Showbusiness impressario Bill Kenwright, made a startling revelation on national radio yesterday. He told BBC Radio 2 host Ken Bruce that Elvis Presley made a secret visit to England in 1958 and was shown the sights of the capital by UK rocker Tommy Steele.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/
(Follow the BBC Radio Player and listen to Ken Bruce's Tuesday show)

They say the King never set foot in England....

But in 1958, an American boy with a sneering smile and perfect Southern manners was shown around town.

His guide was a cheeky Cockney lad with a mop of blond hair.

But the day a young Tommy Steele showed Elvis Presley the sights of London has remained a rock 'n' roll secret for 50 years.

Until one of Steele's friends blurted it out on the radio yesterday.

Had the pair been spotted together in Britain at the time there would almost certainly have been a riot.

Presley, then 23, needed military guards to control crowds whenever he appeared in public in the U.S. while 21-year-old Steele was widely, if briefly, being billed as his British equivalent.

The story of Elvis and Tommy's trip around the city was told in a pre-recorded Radio 2 interview yesterday with showbusiness impresario Bill Kenwright, who has known Steele for decades.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r264/Backstrom2003/Tommysteele.jpg
Rock rival: Tommy Steele in action in 1958

He let listeners to Ken Bruce's show, Tracks of My Years, know how Steele had told him about the visit. Unfortunately he hadn't realised the singer had guarded the secret for so long.

Yesterday he told the Daily Mail: "I'm absolutely steeped in 50s rock 'n' roll. I love it.

"So when I get together with Tommy Steele I just say, 'Tell me about Buddy Holly...tell me about Guy Mitchell, and that sort of thing'. He's a great storyteller and he can just reel them off.

"I remember him telling me about when Elvis came to England very quietly.

"Evidently Tommy got home one night and the phone rings. A voice says, 'They tell me you're good'.

"Tommy says, 'Who's this?' 'Elvis,' says the voice. 'Get outta here,' says Tommy. 'Are you as good as me?' says Elvis...and they sort of started this mock rivalry.

"It all came from that. It's quite something, isn't it - the thought of them wandering around London together?

"But the impression I got was that they never got out of the car. It was more like, "There's Buckingham Palace ...there's the Houses of Parliament".

"Tommy is a very private person who doesn't go into the past. It's only me who makes him talk about it. As soon as I started talking about it on the radio I wondered if I'd done the right thing.

"I remember saying, 'Bloody hell - I hope that was all right'. I'm sure Tommy will want to kill me when he finds out."

Mr Kenwright said the date of the Presley visit was some time in 1958 - the year Pele's magic won the World Cup for Brazil.

That timing raised the possibility that Presley, who joined the U.S. Army in March that year and saw service in Germany, might have been in uniform, his slicked back quiff shaved into a military short back and sides.

Everywhere he performed, his female fans were swept into the kind of hysteria that would not be seen on this side of the Atlantic until the advent of Beatlemania.

Yet Britain - already jiving to Hound Dog and Jailhouse Rock - never got to see an Elvis show.

He returned two years later for the briefest of stopovers, not getting any farther south than Ayrshire. At the time he was returning to the U.S. after serving in the Army in Germany in March 1960.

He stopped off at Prestwick airport when the military DC-7 touched down to refuel.

Archive pictures show him there in his sergeant's uniform, signing autographs and phoning his teenage sweetheart Priscilla, soon to become his bride.

That night he told the crowds gathered to see him: "This is quite a country. I must see more of it."

But he never did. And the belief that the airport stopover was his sole visit was set in stone. So why didn't Tommy Steele simply set the record straight?

Last night the 71-year-old entertainer-performing in Dr Dolittle in Woking, Surrey, retained his discretion.

In a note to the Daily Mail he wrote: "What actually happened many years ago is something secret and memorable.

"It was an event shared by two young men sharing the same love of their music and the same thrill of achieving something unimaginable.

"I swore never to divulge publicly what took place and I regret that it has found some way of 'getting into the light'."

"I can only hope he can forgive me."

Kenwright says, "Elvis flew in for a day and Tommy showed him round London. He showed him the Houses of Parliament and spent the day with him."

A spokesman for Elvis' Graceland estate says, "To the best of our knowledge there was only one stopover at Scotland.

2008/04/22 By Paul Haris - www.dailymail.co.uk / www.contactmusic.com / www.epgold.com

04-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Steele needs to see a shrink.

What a delusional thing to say about Elvis.

it's actually pathetic that he now says it was something private.....

Private is right, as it only ever existed inside his head!

elvislady
04-22-2008, 06:18 PM
I sent a e-mail to tommys website and heres what they sent back.

Re: elvis!‏
Sent: 22 April 2008 15:57:36
To:

Hi, Jeanette. It seems that Elvis and Tommy made a pact to keep the visit out of the public eye. They did not want to be mobbed and ruin the visit. Tommy has now admitted that the visit did indeed occur, but he is sorry that it has been made public at this late date. Of course, there are no pictures. Alas and alack! Lots of information regarding Tommy on the fan club site. Many well-informed members ready to share. It's free! http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/tommysteelefanclub Thanks for writing. Joy
also i have had info from close sources that there are pics, so you never know they might apear.

Sonny
04-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Elvis never actually visited Britain.

His flight did touch down in Scotland, since there are pictures of that around.

I will post those here, if nobody beats me to it.

Sonny

Sonny
04-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Pictures of Elvis' two hour stop over at Prestwick Airport, Scotland, March 3rd, 1960.

Check this site for the full story:

http://www.rockmine.com/Elvi.html

elvislady
04-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Without wanting to stir up trouble here why r you all so sure that elvis never visited britian, recardless that there were no pics to prove it but we dont know that either. people just seem to asume that he didnt come here.
elvislady;)

KPM
04-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Without wanting to stir up trouble here why r you all so sure that elvis never visited britian, recardless that there were no pics to prove it but we dont know that either. people just seem to asume that he didnt come here.elvislady;)
I think he actually said in a couple interviews that he had never been to Europe-except when he was in the Army. He did go to Paris France on a 3 day pass and he talked about going in interviews. But he never mentioned he made any trips to England. Also no books or insiders have ever mentioned he went to England so thats why most of us think he never went there.

elvislady
04-23-2008, 07:26 AM
I will keep a open mind on this one, maybe untill we see the pics.

Getlo
04-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Without wanting to stir up trouble here why r you all so sure that elvis never visited britian

Because every single day of Elvis' life is well-documented, especially his army days to and from the States.

If it was true, someone would have mentioned it by now, 30 years after his death. Someone like Elvis could not have got into Britain (London) without someone noticing!

This did not happen. End of story.

elvislady
04-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Because every single day of Elvis' life is well-documented, especially his army days to and from the States.

If it was true, someone would have mentioned it by now, 30 years after his death. Someone like Elvis could not have got into Britain (London) without someone noticing!

This did not happen. End of story.

Is this all you can base your answer on that because know one has "mentioned" it and elvis was not noticed he was never there. theres no proof as yet he was there but theres certainly no proof he wasnt.
elvislady

SleepyJack
04-23-2008, 03:07 PM
I find it hard to believe that Elvis could have gone anywhere in 1958 without somebody noticing.....Maybe poor ol` Tommy wasted an afternoon showing the first impersonator around London!

cameron
04-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Is this all you can base your answer on that because know one has "mentioned" it and elvis was not noticed he was never there. theres no proof as yet he was there but theres certainly no proof he wasnt.
elvislady

Like you-- I'll keep an open mind.
IF there's proof, it always comes out eventually.
Can't see that it should matter one way or another .
Let the man see what he can come up with.

Getlo
04-23-2008, 03:24 PM

I base my opinion on logic and common sense. It is an utterly ridiculous and fanciful story.

By your rationale, Elvis may have landed on the moon ... because there's no proof he didn't. :rolleyes: ;)

elvislady
04-23-2008, 03:34 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
elvislady

Burning_Love
04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
This stunned me :supriced: And i'm intrigued, but like Jen said 'never say never' (y)

KPM
04-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I try to keep an open mind on most things.;)
I basically base my opinion on what Elvis himself actually said over the years. He was interviewed many times and any time he was asked about Europe he said he had never been to anywhere over there except in the Army. He mentioned Germany, and Paris France on the 3 day pass-he did not ever say "Oh by the way I did make a quick trek into England" I would think if he would remember the pass to Paris-an England trip would also be mentioned somewhere along the way. So just going by logic- if he himself never said anything about visiting England-I tend to give the idea that he never was there a little more credance. But I never say never.

Trelane P
04-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Marty says it was Lemar that went to London and met Tommy Steele. See:
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/

Tony Trout
04-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Marty says it was Lemar that went to London and met Tommy Steele. See:
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/

Getlo's right...and so is everyone else...this dream trip did not happen!

See the story below:

Marty Lacker comments on claim Elvis toured London with Tommy Steele (see story yesterday): Tommy Steele's claim that Elvis contacted him and spent a day in London with him is total bullshit.

It seems Steele is just another person who has come out of the woodwork since Elvis died that has made false claims about themselves and Elvis. They think because he's gone they can get away with it but they forget the that we, the original guys who were close to him for 20 years and more, are still here. At least one of us and most times more, were with him just about everyday for all that time. Many days 24/7. We know what he did and who he did it with. Tommy Steele was never with Elvis in London because Elvis was never in London. The only time Elvis was in any part of Great Britain is when his army plane made a brief landing to refuel in Prestwick, Scotland on his way home from the army in Germany.
Who Steele did meet is Lamar Fike, who says that he went to London back then while he was in Germany with Elvis. He went with a couple of guys and met Steele as part of a group. He spent a few hours with him and the others but he never went to Parliment as Steele claims or any other sightseeing tour with him.

Hope that sets the record straight for people.

cameron
04-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Yep, Marty says a lot of things. :P

Tony Trout
04-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Yep, Marty says a lot of things. :P

Well, since EPE is also refuting this "cock & bull" story....I tend to believe them and Marty. Elvis, himself, said in his 1960 press conference after returning home from the Army that he'd never went anywhere in the Army except to Paris in 1959 on leave.....

utmom2008
04-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Is this all you can base your answer on that because know one has "mentioned" it and elvis was not noticed he was never there.
Elvis certainly never mentioned it.;);)

cameron
04-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Well, since EPE is also refuting this "cock & bull" story....I tend to believe them and Marty. Elvis, himself, said in his 1960 press conference after returning home from the Army that he'd never went anywhere in the Army except to Paris in 1959 on leave.....

Marty lies a lot, IMO and tries to act more important than he is.
I doubt Elvis was in England too, but Marty doesn't know
and neither does Nigel or Piers. ;)

Merry
04-23-2008, 08:20 PM
I think he actually said in a couple interviews that he had never been to Europe-except when he was in the Army. He did go to Paris France on a 3 day pass and he talked about going in interviews. But he never mentioned he made any trips to England. Also no books or insiders have ever mentioned he went to England so thats why most of us think he never went there.

With all respect KPM, and I wouldn't have a clue, but Marty once said that Elvis hadn't been to Scotland, either. He was adament.

Merry
04-23-2008, 08:22 PM
I find it hard to believe that Elvis could have gone anywhere in 1958 without somebody noticing.....Maybe poor ol` Tommy wasted an afternoon showing the first impersonator around London!

LOL ..........

Dudcowboy_1
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
what makes you think this story might not be true? People seem to forget elvis got to Washington D.C. with-out knowing in 1970? So why not in London? DUR!

Love to all,
Tim

Tony Trout
04-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Marty lies a lot, IMO and tries to act more important than he is.
I doubt Elvis was in England too, but Marty doesn't know
and neither does Nigel or Piers. ;)

Cameron, please read my post again. Elvis himself (from his own lips!) said that he did not go anywhere near Britain except to Paris on leave in 1959. Do you not remember the 1960 press conference he gave in Vernon's office?

what makes you think this story might not be true? People seem to forget elvis got to Washington D.C. with-out knowing in 1970? So why not in London? DUR!

Love to all,
Tim

Read my reply above, Tim.

I'm not going to say anything further....I'm sick and I don't feel like arguing a well-known fact.....

See y'all later......

cameron
04-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Do you not remember the 1960 press conference he gave in Vernon's office?

Of course I remember his interview. There's just been lots of things we've found out as time goes by. I just hate to state anything so positive when I have no way of knowing. Let the man prove his claim--if he can.
I don't intend to argue about anything. Just saying ---we don't know.

mhK-qnQw7m0

iuiUFVcq8fs

toffe
04-23-2008, 09:04 PM
On EPE Today!

Sergeant Elvis Presley made his only appearance in the UK when he
stepped off a US Air Force plane at the Prestwick Airport in March of 1960.
The aircraft made a brief stop to refuel. At the time of his only
visit ever to the UK, Elvis Presley was on his way back to America after
completing two years in the US Army.

Princesspixie
04-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Don't believe elvis ever visited England ..sorry ..but im sure he would have loved it if he did

tommy steele needs the lie detector, or im sorry no he has severe memory loss or maybe he is just deluded i dunno. what ever he's trying to do i pity him everyone wants a piece of Elvis' Life some kinda memory some kinda piece of news that creates media fascination when will these people just get a grip?

Dudcowboy_1
04-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Not saying it did happen. Only one that knows is elvis himself but he's not here to tell his stories so. LOL

Love to all,
Tim

Tony Trout
04-23-2008, 10:29 PM
On EPE Today!

Sergeant Elvis Presley made his only appearance in the UK when he
stepped off a US Air Force plane at the Prestwick Airport in March of 1960.
The aircraft made a brief stop to refuel. At the time of his only
visit ever to the UK, Elvis Presley was on his way back to America after
completing two years in the US Army.

Thank you, Toffe!

utmom2008
04-23-2008, 11:17 PM
By your rationale, Elvis may have landed on the moon ... because there's no proof he didn't. :rolleyes: ;)

:lol: Don't forget Getlo, we did have a poster at one time that told us that the moon landing never happened..it was filmed on some stage somewhere.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

elvislady
04-23-2008, 11:30 PM

Love to all,
Tim

Well said tim.

cameron
04-24-2008, 12:01 AM
:lol: Don't forget Getlo, we did have a poster at one time that told us that the moon landing never happened..it was filmed on some stage somewhere.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Don't make fun of Getlo, Roseanne.
He swears he was there .:mad: :lmfao:

cameron
04-24-2008, 12:39 AM

Love to all,
Tim

When that story came out, that's exactly what I thought.
How the heck does anyone think he got to DC ??
He was better known then.
Elvis fans are great --just don't question their stories. :P

cameron
04-24-2008, 07:56 AM
Everyone has their say , I guess Esposito may as well.;)

It's an audio clip
.http://www.tcbjoe.com/TruthaboutUKvisit.mp3

Tony Trout
04-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Boy, some people just won't believe anyone will they?? *rolls eyes*

We all know that Elvis snuck away from Graceland to visit Nixon in December, 1970---that's a fact. But, the one thing that anyone fails to realize is that as soon as Elvis learned that he didn't have any credit cards or cash on him that he immediately summoned Jerry Schilling and Sonny West to accompany him. Here's some more information I got in an email about this B.S. UK trip:

More feedback on Elvis visiting London: EIN asked the person with Elvis during his time in Germany, Lamar Fike, for a comment on the claim Elvis secretly visited London. Succinctly, Lamar replied:

"This did not happen."
We also appreciated Peter Turner's comments on the claim:
The only time Elvis was given permission to leave Germany during his service was when he was allowed to make a trip to Paris. He hired a limo to take him and the guys in his entourage, there and back. With him were:- Red West, Lamar Fike and great army buddy, Rex Mansfield. Check out Rex`s excellent book `Sergeant Presley` co-written with his wife Elisabeth, who also worked as Elvis`s live-in secretary in the house in Bad Nauheim during those years. (No mention in the book of a `London trip`.)

On the Paris trip they did get to meet some Brits....a troupe of English dancing girls from a Paris nightclub they went to, who spent an evening with the guys in El`s hotel suite playing scrabble and discussing Parisian architecure. Then of course, there was his stopover in Prestwick on the way back to the USA and demobilisation.

But that was the total sum of Elvis`s `extra-Germanic` activities to foreign countries. Period!

Also, no way would he have gone to London on his own! At the very leas Red & Lamar would have gone too. They were at his side for all `off-base` actvities, plus Rex also. They even had two fist-fights in Paris with guys pissed off at their `gals` being more in love with The King than them.

And yet no-one recogised the most famous face on the planet...flying to and from London...on his own........ In 1958?
Yes..of course!

Finally why would this still be such a state- secret...in 2008? (The CIA might assasinate Tommy?) If it happened, why not confirm it, instead of mysterious talk of pledges of silence. You can tell from Steele`s response that he doesn`t want to call his mate a liar in print, or actually confirm it, otherwise he`d be going along with the fantasy, so he`s masked it all in press double-speak, which actually, speaks volumes! Kenwright should go into business with Jeffrey Archer.

PS: Tommy has also mentioned in the past, that he saw Buddy Holly & The Crickets playing live in Norfolk Viginia, when he was out there as a Merchant seama. He recalls they sang `Not Fade Away`.A few things to ponder in relation to this:- Steele was out of the MN and doing his first stint at the 2-I`s by July 1956. At that time there were no `Crickets`, Holly was still trying to get something away in Nashville..and `Not Fade Away` was a year off.

cameron
04-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Just let it all play out, Tony. Who really cares ?
I see no reason to get upset about any of this stuff.

As you will see; I'm letting all of them have a say.;)

Getlo
04-24-2008, 11:30 PM
People seem to forget elvis got to Washington D.C. with-out knowing in 1970? So why not in London? DUR!

Without knowing? Hardly.

It's true that Elvis' inner circle didn't know until he was there.

But he was spotted at Memphis airport, on the plane, at Washington airport and at his hotel.

Plenty of people knew he was there. DUR!

cameron
04-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Without knowing? Hardly.

It's true that Elvis' inner circle didn't know until he was there.

But he was spotted at Memphis airport, on the plane, at Washington airport and at his hotel.

Plenty of people knew he was there. DUR!

I guess they all got pictures ? If not, why believe them? :hmm:
The inner circle didn't know ?:supriced: OMG, they missed that one.

Getlo
04-25-2008, 12:11 AM
I guess they all got pictures ? If not, why believe them? :hmm:

Don't be churlish. How the hell do you think he got to Washington ... flapped his arms and flew himself? No, he checked in to the gate himself with his ticket and boarding pass. Of course people saw him, at the airport and at the Hotel Washington (who acknowledge that he stayed there). Not to mention Joyce. But London? It's ridiculous! The trip never happened.

The inner circle didn't know ?:supriced: OMG, they missed that one.

Obviously. No one knew he went until he called Jerry, who informed the others.

cameron
04-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Don't be churlish. How the hell do you think he got to Washington ... flapped his arms and flew himself? No, he checked in to the gate himself with his ticket and boarding pass. Of course people saw him, at the airport and at the Hotel Washington (who acknowledge that he stayed there). Not to mention Joyce. But London? It's ridiculous! The trip never happened.

When you call other people names and anything they say BS.
Then the same must apply to anyone that says they seen him on the way to Washington. Just mkes sense as we must all live by the same rules.

KPM
04-25-2008, 12:22 AM

Actually I recall the Washington trip made the movie magazines in 71, because the story about Elvis giving the money to the soldier was in several of the gossip columns and the story of him talking to actor, turned Senator, George Murphy on the way back to Washington from LA...........
California Senator George Murphy was coincidentally on the flight from Los Angeles to Washington and Elvis sought out Murphy back in tourist to enlist his assistance. On the flight Elvis wrote a letter to President Nixon....
So it did make the magazines-but back then to be truthful it sounded like a made up story.

Getlo
04-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Then the same must apply to anyone that says they seen him on the way to Washington.

I see. And if the same rules apply to those that say they saw him on the way to Washington, then what on earth is your point? We know he was in Washington. Obviously he had to get there somehow. And unless he was the Invisible Man, then logic would tell us that people saw him on the way there.

As for London .. not one scintilla, nor a whiff of any hint that he was there in 40 years!! It's a stupid, fanciful piece of BS, and any approach of "Well, you never know ..." or "Nothing is impossible ..." only adds more S to that steaming pile.

Another point, and probably the most salient: Elvis' army records show no such trip. Permission would have had to have been sought and granted for it to take place.

The London excursion is a fairytale in Steele's mind. Nothing more.

Lisarose
04-25-2008, 12:42 AM
When elvis was interviewed in the office at Graceland upon arriving back home from the army he said (on film) he never went out except to Pairs. Game over!

I'm not saying he was there, I'm not saying he wasn't. I don't really care because, I wasn't there to meet him IF he had made the trip.

Yes, Elvis did state that in Europe he was only in Germany and made one trip to Paris. Until there is real proof, I'll go along with "no he was never in London". I have no reason to call him a liar on that point. However, he ALSO stated that there was NO SPECIAL GIRL that he left behind in Germany. We now know that was an untruth.

I just want to say that when it comes to Elvis - Never say Never.

Getlo
04-25-2008, 12:55 AM
I just want to say that when it comes to Elvis - Never say Never.

He never faked his own death.

He never died of a drug overdose.

He never went to London!!!

goodelvisgirl
04-25-2008, 01:03 AM
well usually i am open to it all when it comes to elvis but this was on the radio here and basicly i think its a load of rubbish cos elvis landed in scotland in the airport they got him a statue or a star or something to mark it maybee this is them trying to get london in on the elvis action but since we don't have the word of elvis to go on and this guy is the only one around and cannot prove it i am saying its untrue i mean someone must have seen them london is a big place

cameron
04-25-2008, 01:09 AM
I see. And if the same rules apply to those that say they saw him on the way to Washington, then what on earth is your point? We know he was in Washington. Obviously he had to get there somehow. And unless he was the Invisible Man, then logic would tell us that people saw him on the way there.

As for London .. not one scintilla, nor a whiff of any hint that he was there in 40 years!! It's a stupid, fanciful piece of BS, and any approach of "Well, you never know ..." or "Nothing is impossible ..." only adds more S to that steaming pile.

Another point, and probably the most salient: Elvis' army records show no such trip. Permission would have had to have been sought and granted for it to take place.

The London excursion is a fairytale in Steele's mind. Nothing more.

{Pictures would be good. ;)}

You have Elvis' Army records?

Lisarose
04-25-2008, 01:23 AM
He never faked his own death.

He never died of a drug overdose.

He never went to London!!!

:lmfao: (y)

[QUOTE=goodelvisgirl;207540]well usually i am open to it all when it comes to elvis but this was on the radio here and basicly i think its a load of rubbish cos elvis landed in scotland in the airport they got him a statue or a star or something to mark it maybee this is them trying to get london in on the elvis action but since we don't have the word of elvis to go on and this guy is the only one around and cannot prove it i am saying its untrue i mean someone must have seen them london is a big place

Exactly, it's hard to believe that there could be all these people who could be sworn to secrecy & and they would all keep their word until the end of time. Elvis should have surrounded himself with Londoners instead of Memphians, if that were the case.

Getlo
04-25-2008, 08:07 AM
You have Elvis' Army records?

I've read them, yes. They are readily available, you just need to know where to look.

cameron
04-25-2008, 12:14 PM
I've read them, yes. They are readily available, you just need to know where to look.
Good, please post them. I'm sure we'd all like a copy.
The rest, I'll leave to London to run down. It really shouldn't matter, IMO.

Getlo
04-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Good, please post them. I'm sure we'd all like a copy.

To paraphrase your own self on many occasions, it's not my job to do your work for you.

The internet is a wonderful thing ...

cameron
04-25-2008, 12:55 PM
To paraphrase your own self on many occasions, it's not my job to do your work for you.

The internet is a wonderful thing ...
When I state something as truth, I always do my best to provide a link.
Otherwise, it's just "he said, she said." ;)

Donut
04-25-2008, 02:16 PM
So this means Elvis went by himself from Germany to London, visited LONDON without being seen and by his own request it has been kept secret? Elvis seemed very happy to be recognised during his trip to Paris judging the pictures so I canīt see any reason for him not wanting anyone to know plus itīs really hard to believe no one noticed him considering his popularity.

KPM
04-25-2008, 06:37 PM
This is not that big a deal-it does not appear he ever went to England for any sightseeing. But if it is proven he did in some way without anyone knowing that has escaped exposure for 50 years -fine.

Supertigre
04-28-2008, 08:23 PM
I'll Bet A Nickle To A Dollar
The First Thing They Will Holler Is
He Was Just Talking Trash.:lmfao:

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-30-2008, 12:59 AM
IMO Tommy Steele has been telling tales at parties and showbiz bashes to elevate his position in history. My guess is that he has told many people over the years and it hasn't amounted to a hill of beans as people just shrugged and said 'yeah ok' or just didn't believe him!

Bill Kenright has fallen for this story and told the world, Tommy must be mightily pissed that the cat is out of the bag ;)

It seems a shame because Tommy Steele seems like a really nice guy who has been caught out in a little white lie. :supriced: