PDA

View Full Version : Msg

SeeSeeRider777
04-13-2008, 02:38 AM
I was browsing the msg1972.com site and I came across this picture. What is the thing on the tripod? A camera?

http://msg1972.com/pictures/large/06-10-72%20eve/222.jpg

Getlo
04-13-2008, 03:09 AM
It is an in-house camera (similar to CCTV) that was common to a lot of arenas back then.

It does not record video permanently though, as far as I am aware.

MojoElvis
04-13-2008, 04:22 AM
WOW..who ever was in charge of that department had to kept that film or at least thought about how they could.lol

What would they do with the film when the show was done?

Tony Trout
04-13-2008, 06:55 AM
It is an in-house camera (similar to CCTV) that was common to a lot of arenas back then.

It does not record video permanently though, as far as I am aware.

You are correct, dude.

hgs262626
04-13-2008, 11:26 AM
why wasnt it filmed for elvis on tour?????????????? by the way there are lots of bootleg dvds floatin around on the net full of msg, footage, search ebay!

toffe
04-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Great picture, a little strange to see a camera on the stage!

KPM
04-13-2008, 06:41 PM
I was browsing the msg1972.com site and I came across this picture. What is the thing on the tripod? A camera?

http://msg1972.com/pictures/large/06-10-72%20eve/222.jpg
Bud Glass had this to say about MSG in an interview a few years back:
Question- EIN - I have seen some pretty low-quality home footage of Madison Square Garden. Do you know if both concerts were filmed professionally & in full?

Answer- BG - Well, rather than the home-movie footage that we know, there was also a closed-circuit stationary camera that piped the feed into the Press box area. I know for a fact that this footage exists. What was filmed was the complete June 9th & 10th both performances, and at least 20 minutes of June 11th - that's quite a bit! The camera was positioned high above the stage and it was done for VIPs, so that they could see the show from their own booth. Most people don't even know that this footage is out there, but portions of this material were on the 'King Of Entertainment' DVD. The mystery to me is that there were also movie cameras on the stage with Elvis, what happened to that footage?.....
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_budglass_part2.html

SeeSeeRider777
04-13-2008, 11:02 PM
So who the hell has this footage?

KPM
04-13-2008, 11:38 PM
So who the hell has this footage?
Thats a very good question-if anyone has any contact with Bud Glass perhaps they could post that question to him. His statement in the interview was one of total conviction that he knows the films exist. So tell us where they are!
I have seen these filmed crystal clear bits and pieces of the MSG shows popping up for years since the 80s and each is a little different. If Bud Glass or Joe Tunzi (who has also claimed there is a lot more MSG footage) know who has this-why can't they get them to release it all in complete form. Instead of this drip, drip, drip, of clips.

SeeSeeRider777
04-13-2008, 11:45 PM
But I dont understand the point of holding on to it. You can make a lot of money on it now, but I guess whoever has it is holding out for some obscene amount of money.

SleepyJack
04-13-2008, 11:46 PM
I`ll never understand the mysteries that surround these kind of situations.....we`re not asking for top secret films of any of the worlds greatest "x-files".......Elvis was there,the camera was there...show us the complete footage....we aren`t asking for much really are we??

SeeSeeRider777
04-13-2008, 11:54 PM
I know, it is like we are asking to dig him up to prove he is dead. I want to see these concerts if they exist. I hate just imagining with my eyes closed listening to the CD's. AND I WANT A COMPLETE SET OF EOT

The King's Queen
04-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I know, it is like we are asking to dig him up to prove he is dead. I want to see these concerts if they exist. I hate just imagining with my eyes closed listening to the CD's. AND I WANT A COMPLETE SET OF EOT

I'm with you on this, 100%! (y) I'd love to have a complete EOT set...I keep waiting, but it never comes...:mad:

Tommy
04-14-2008, 01:57 AM
Yes, I wish for a DVD remastered EOT complete all footage, (y)WHEN:doh:

KPM
04-14-2008, 06:55 PM
I`ll never understand the mysteries that surround these kind of situations.....we`re not asking for top secret films of any of the worlds greatest "x-files".......Elvis was there,the camera was there...show us the complete footage....we aren`t asking for much really are we??
I have tried to figure out why someone would not come out with this-if it does exist. If it was truely recorded for the special boxed seating area it was not suppose to be recorded and if someone did it anyway there would have been no clearances for anything recorded. Maybe thats why it has not come out-just a guess.