PDA

View Full Version : if one more FTD possible: what album must be re-released?

Albert
03-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Imagine that Sony/BMG decides to stop the FTD releases and that they will give the FTD crew the opportunity to rerelease only one more album, what original RCA album do you want to be re-released (as final FTD release)?

That's a tough decision, because there are only a few original RCA album that aren't yet re-released on the FTD label. Elvis In Concert, Good Times, Elvis Now, Fool, some soundtracks, He Touched Me,....

Personally I have to choose between Fool and Good Times...... seigh.... I think I'd go for Elvis Fool as final re-release.

What would be your choice?

agent
03-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Mmm..Elvis In Concert album with the both shows (19 and 21 of june)? :D

boogie
03-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Indeed "elvis in concert" would be a winner
Second i would like one more soundoard "one of the Ashville shows 1975

toffe
03-23-2008, 07:02 PM
A cd with Opening night 1969

And another with the final performance 1977!

:)

MEMPHISKING77
03-24-2008, 12:17 AM
this is so hard but for me it would have to be elvis country

U.S. Male
03-24-2008, 12:31 AM
I think something that we have never heard, such as the Change of Habit Sessions or the Kissing Cousins Sessions, plus Hampton Roads 1972 concert.

Getlo
03-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Elvis Now,

This album does not lend itself to the FTD approach. It was a haphazard affair, full of leftovers and other bits'n'pieces.

If TTWII wasn't coming out soon, I'd vote for that.

But since it is, I'll go for Promised Land.

It should have been given the FTD treatment before the below-par Raised on Rock, IMO.

And yes, I know PL is coming out on FTD, but TTWII is due first.

I'd also like Elvis Country given over to FTD - three discs for this one, though. It was the only 70s album that showed any real creativity on RCA's part. Excellent cover pic (as opposed to the endless jumpsuit shots) and interesting linking of the songs with I Was Born About 10,000 Years Ago.

Albert
03-24-2008, 09:21 AM
:supriced:
......I'd also like Elvis Country given over to FTD - three discs for this one, though. It was the only 70s album that showed any real creativity on RCA's part. Excellent cover pic (as opposed to the endless jumpsuit shots) and interesting linking of the songs with I Was Born About 10,000 Years Ago.

yes, you're right about that. After the amazing 1969 recordingsessions, the 1970 nashville marathon sessions gave RCA lots and lots of songs. And instead of understanding that not everything that has been recorded by an album has to be released (on an album), they came up with some lame attempts.

Love Letters and Elvis Now are compilations of left-overs. Some great, some poor. But it's the inspireless way RCA put those albums together (same as Elvis Fool), that make Elvis Country stand out. It's a great conceptalbum, and the 'I was born about 10.000 years ago' cut in short pieces and mixed between the songs, is really "un-Elvis-ish".

And Big Boss Man, you can only pick one original RCA album :P

MJ27
03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Promised Land is one of my favorite 70's albums. So much better than Raised on Rock. Back in the day they probably should have released one album of all the best Stax songs. This could have been a real winner.There is enough quality songs to match the From Elvis In Memphis album.

rickb
03-24-2008, 11:28 AM
TYou're right. The Stax sesssions, particularly No. 2, realised some superb tracks. A 12-track album from the second sessions would have been magnificent.
I don't think we need an EIC special edition with full versions of both shows.

Jungleroom76
03-24-2008, 11:16 PM
My vote goes to ELVIS IN CONCERT!!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Trelane P
03-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Promised Land is one of my favorite 70's albums. So much better than Raised on Rock. Back in the day they probably should have released one album of all the best Stax songs. This could have been a real winner.There is enough quality songs to match the From Elvis In Memphis album.

Well said. One album containing the best of Stax would rate among his best albums.