PDA

View Full Version : Loretta Lynn Talks About Elvis.

presley31
03-13-2008, 09:12 PM
In an interview Thursday, Loretta Lynn mentions Elvis. She wishes she had gotten a chance to record with Elvis. "I wish we had got together because we knew of each other and we talked on the phone, but we never got together, and I wish we had have.

But who thought of him dying at 42? I thought, well, we'll meet. And it didn't happen. So I guess if you want to meet someone, you better do it. You better not wait." Say Loretta in an interview with Danielle Hatch of the Journal Star.

2008/03/13 Randall &Kelly Bart - www.elvisunlimited.com / www.epgold.com

Jungleroom76
03-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Hmmm....an Elvis/Loretta duet??? That would definitely be interesting... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

LORRIELOVESELVIS
03-13-2008, 10:36 PM
THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING TO HEAR...;):hmm:

SweetCaroline
03-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Elvis :king: and Loretta? .....:hmm: Loretta is right about one thing....
....Don't put off until tomorrow....Sometimes tomorrow never comes.

goodelvisgirl
03-14-2008, 01:47 AM
yup i like loretta lynn hearig her sing with elvis would be interesting she has a reall country singing voice but wonder what kid of song they would sing

SunStudios54
01-23-2010, 04:05 AM
That would have been so amazing!!!!!!!!!! The king and queen! How wonderful! Too bad it never happened. :[

Lisarose
01-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Elvis :king: and Loretta? .....:hmm: Loretta is right about one thing....
....Don't put off until tomorrow....Sometimes tomorrow never comes.

(y)(y) Maybe they she could rewrite "You ain't Woman Enough to
Take My Man"

max
01-24-2010, 07:13 AM
"Sweet Dream Of You"....

Brian
01-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Elvis wouldn't do a duet with Loretta Lynn

Doing duets really wasn't his cup of tea and Colonel Parker wouldn't want it because they'd have to split royalties.

Nicole Presley
01-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Ive never heard of her.

waymore44
01-25-2010, 10:13 PM
If they had done a duet it would have probably been similar to the duets she did with Conway Twitty I would imagine. Elvis and Conway have a similar range and tone.

I would love to have heard Elvis duet with Dolly Parton if he were going to do a country duet. That's really the only country artist that I think has enough personality from that time period to pull it off.

SunStudios54
01-26-2010, 12:10 AM
I think Loretta and Dolly are both greats! Both would make the best duets with Elvis, I know it! Even a trio, perhaps. :D
There are so many songs that Elvis and Loretta both sing like Blueberry Hill,Tomorrow Never Comes, There Goes My Everything, and Cheatin' Heart. Maybe with the technology today someone could blend their songs together and make it a duet. :D I think that would be so awesome!

john carpenter
01-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Ive never heard of her.:lmfao:You are Young. Niclole if you want to know who Loretta is rent Coal Miners Daughter on DVD(y)

KPM
01-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I would have loved to hear Elvis duet with many people-great voices combined. Loretta dueted with Conway Twitty for years and they had some great music between them. Not sure if Elvis would have been specifically a great fit with her-but Conway sure was.

Diane
01-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Although I like and respect Loretta Lynn very much, I'm not too keen on duets with Elvis but I would have loved to have seen a stage show with Tina Turner as his guest and them singing a few songs together....and livening up the stage.:lol:

Diane

debtdbruno
01-26-2010, 04:44 PM
I agree Diane.........prefer him on his own.
The Christmas duets, I played once...........

I don't mind Celine Dion as a singer............didn't care for the two of them singing together!!!!

Diane
01-26-2010, 04:47 PM
I agree Diane.........prefer him on his own.
The Christmas duets, I played once...........

I don't mind Celine Dion as a singer............didn't care for the two of them singing together!!!!

I agree, Celine wasn't a very good choice. I would have liked to have seen Lisa Marie first of all and secondly maybe Ann Margaret as both their voices would have blended very well with Elvis. Celine had no connection to him whatsoever.

Diane

debtdbruno
01-26-2010, 04:56 PM
absolutely..........she drowned him out