PDA

View Full Version : Oldest Know Signature of Elvis

cameron
03-10-2008, 05:11 PM
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/

Oldest knownMonday 10 March 2008
signature of Elvis' for sale: Two longtime Elvis memorabilia collectors made the find of a lifetime: the oldest known complete Elvis signature. It was written on a checkout card from his school library when he was in seventh grade in Tupelo, Mississippi.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/zorahday/signature_oldest_ep.jpg

SweetCaroline
03-10-2008, 08:00 PM
That was really interesting, Cameron. Thanks for the post. (y)

toffe
03-10-2008, 08:41 PM
This was interesting, thanks for sharing! :)

LianaKaralivanou
03-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Cameron, I also found this paper. Thay say that it is Elvis's handwriting...

cameron
03-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Cameron, I also found this paper. Thay say that it is Elvis's handwriting...

Looks like someone practicing, doesn't it? ;)

LianaKaralivanou
03-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Looks like someone practicing, doesn't it? ;)

Yes, it looks like but trust me, It wasn't me! I found it in a site somewhere. I also found this one,too. Who knows?

LianaKaralivanou
03-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Oh, I found this one as well! It is a poem by Elvis Presley himself. I wish I knew if all these are true or not...

Lonniebealestreet
03-10-2008, 10:37 PM
In my opinion, the library card looks legit, being consistent with other school-age Elvis signatures I have seen.

The others are pretty good but in my opinion are most likely the work of someone practicing their Elvis signature, as cameron suggests.

That last "Best Wishes Elvis Presley" in your second to last post, Liana, is highly suspicious because it is totally identical to the "official" signature that you see in all the EPE logos and stuff, attached.

I am most doubtful of the Ode To A Robin poem being in his writing for several reasons. It's just too convenient (there's this hilarious poem Elvis recited in a home recording and there happens to be a piece of paper he wrote it on). I know he could have just wanted to write it down, but he did not come up with that himself. So it seems more likely to me that he would have just committed that to memory rather than write it down whenever he heard it. I could be off on this part, but have we seen other known EP items written on that stationery before? It seems like I have seen something similar but not that one.

Those are all just my off-the-cuff observations.

Jungleroom76
03-10-2008, 10:49 PM
THANKS FOR POSTING THAT CAMERON!!! (y)

The starting bid is only $45,000!! Whose got their checkbooks open and ready??? :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

LORRIELOVESELVIS
03-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks ....:D For The Info.

cameron
03-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Yes, it looks like but trust me, It wasn't me! I found it in a site somewhere. I also found this one,too. Who knows?

I saw some of these sigs. before someplace. Well, there's lots of things out here like that. I'd have to agree with Lonnie that I don't think Elvis would write that poem down though. He DID seem to know it quite well when he recited it.:P

Mike, I was waiting for you to start the bid and give you a chance .;)

Jungleroom76
03-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Mike, I was waiting for you to start the bid and give you a chance .;)

That was awful nice of you Cameron....but really, you go first...I INSIST!!! :lmfao:

TCB!
Mike

The King's Queen
03-11-2008, 02:56 AM
THANKS FOR POSTING THAT CAMERON!!! (y)

The starting bid is only $45,000!! Whose got their checkbooks open and ready??? :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

Is this what is meant by the ol' phrase...put your money where your mouth is?:supriced:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: