PDA

View Full Version : elvis on cilla

goodelvisgirl
02-27-2008, 03:09 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgx1ZVtyA5I&feature=related
can anyone tell me what concert this is from this is the first time i have heard this help much appreciated thanks also is this second clip from the same show
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uVMMYVn2rMk&feature=related
also were these shows recorded for any special reason

TotallyInsane
02-27-2008, 03:12 AM
I think it was around 1975 in Las Vegas.

goodelvisgirl
02-27-2008, 03:15 AM
ah ok thanks

Tony Trout
02-27-2008, 03:57 AM
It's from 1974 in Las Vegas, NV.

goodelvisgirl
02-27-2008, 04:34 AM
ah very exact thank you i just never heard it and i appreciate the info

Miss P.Ann
03-14-2008, 05:07 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgx1ZVtyA5I&feature=related
can anyone tell me what concert this is from this is the first time i have heard this help much appreciated thanks also is this second clip from the same show
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uVMMYVn2rMk&feature=related
also were these shows recorded for any special reason

Though others have answered- the second question you wanted to know about (why they were recorded/for any special reason) : There were many shows and concerts that some fans thought brilliantly ahead of time to record, to keep for themselves as any fan would and also later share especially after his passing.
Some, of course, were filmed and taped professionally,as everyone knows...
I know that many who loved and love him, could never get enough and unfortunately there are a few that weren't filmed or recorded, but very very many were and that is a blessing for fans to be able to re-live those times, and for new fans and generations to know of him, fall in love with him, which is nearly impossible not to do!
He loved to communicate with his fans as much as he could during concerts, as anyone who attended in those days can attest to; it was his chance to feel even closer to them and thank them for loving him. He sometimes couldn't believe how he'd become so loved by so many. Contrary to what some (who shall remain nameless) have said about him, his ego never got so big that he thought he was 'the best'. He was thankful always for rising to the top, sad and depressed when anytime he thought his fans were dissapointed in him, and that's why he loved to stop to take the time to sign autographs when he could, to connect even more with his fans. That recording is somewhat hard to listen to for me, it ...well, he wanted everyone to know the divorce was amicalbe and no hard feelings, publicly at least...
and of course his newest or current girlfreind (s.ryan) was there also...
yes it's true Lisa when she was a little girl sometimes called him Elvis because that's what she heard so much at home, with all those people who were always around Graceland, saying Elvis all the time. She did call him daddy too, but it tickled him somewhat to hear his precious daughter calling him 'Elvis' too! And even at that young age Lisa had his temper, sometimes she still does! She has many many of his good traits and qualities. I hope that is evident to all. So much has been written and said, she has been misunderstood in the past but has tried to , with age, connect with both her father's fans and hers and really had an "i dont care what they think' attitude. But as we grow older we all change our views , i believe. She certainly feels that her father watches over her and would hope that he would be proud of her today and of the family she has created. It's a close-knit family, for sure.

Miss P.Ann
03-14-2008, 05:11 PM
I just meant that it is hard to listen to because he speaks about his divorce, and it did hurt him so much (privately) but he did not want the world to view him that way (in any sort of devestated or weak way)
He was a very strong man, strong willed and strong emotionally in that he was so very willing to forgive, and love.

goodelvisgirl
03-15-2008, 03:55 PM
thank you i enjoyed reading what you had to say and yes it was hard to listen to it as i felt sad for him but it gives an insight into his life and what kind of person he was

cameron
03-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Though others have answered- the second question you wanted to know about (why they were recorded/for any special reason) : There were many shows and concerts that some fans thought brilliantly ahead of time to record, to keep for themselves as any fan would and also later share especially after his passing.
Some, of course, were filmed and taped professionally,as everyone knows...
I know that many who loved and love him, could never get enough and unfortunately there are a few that weren't filmed or recorded, but very very many were and that is a blessing for fans to be able to re-live those times, and for new fans and generations to know of him, fall in love with him, which is nearly impossible not to do!
He loved to communicate with his fans as much as he could during concerts, as anyone who attended in those days can attest to; it was his chance to feel even closer to them and thank them for loving him. He sometimes couldn't believe how he'd become so loved by so many. Contrary to what some (who shall remain nameless) have said about him, his ego never got so big that he thought he was 'the best'. He was thankful always for rising to the top, sad and depressed when anytime he thought his fans were dissapointed in him, and that's why he loved to stop to take the time to sign autographs when he could, to connect even more with his fans. That recording is somewhat hard to listen to for me, it ...well, he wanted everyone to know the divorce was amicalbe and no hard feelings, publicly at least...
and of course his newest or current girlfreind (s.ryan) was there also...
yes it's true Lisa when she was a little girl sometimes called him Elvis because that's what she heard so much at home, with all those people who were always around Graceland, saying Elvis all the time. She did call him daddy too, but it tickled him somewhat to hear his precious daughter calling him 'Elvis' too! And even at that young age Lisa had his temper, sometimes she still does! She has many many of his good traits and qualities. I hope that is evident to all. So much has been written and said, she has been misunderstood in the past but has tried to , with age, connect with both her father's fans and hers and really had an "i dont care what they think' attitude. But as we grow older we all change our views , i believe. She certainly feels that her father watches over her and would hope that he would be proud of her today and of the family she has created. It's a close-knit family, for sure.

Thank you and I agree . Enjoyed your input. (y)
I think you've read Elvis and Lisa well.

Lisarose
03-16-2008, 04:46 PM
In the first video clip, what Marty Robbins song was he referring to?
[Elvis said that people think this song was about him, but it was a song
written by Marty Robbins that he liked.]

Ferry01
03-16-2008, 05:01 PM
This "story" is from september 2nd, 1974 in Las Vegas. It's on the import cd "Desert Storm' and Elvis is refering to "You gave me a mountain" which he just sung.

LORRIELOVESELVIS
03-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Thank you and I agree . Enjoyed your input. (y)
I think you've read Elvis and Lisa well.
AMEN!!!!! I TO AGREE..LOL LORRIE(y):notworthy