PDA

View Full Version : If Elvis Were Alive Today....

nabelt24
02-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Here's a interesting thought... If Elvis were alive TODAY, what songs would you love to hear him perform???

toffe
02-26-2008, 07:57 PM
This is a good question! I wonder what songs he would Recorded in the 80`s, 90`s and maybe 2000 - ?

I think he would be like Jerry Lee Lewis.

what do you other think?

President Presley
02-27-2008, 06:15 AM
In the 80's Elvis would probably sound like Phil Collins or Duran Duran.
In the 90's Elvis would be known as MC Elvis and rap instead of sing,
in 2008 he'd probably would have made another comeback;)

Presleyfanforever
02-27-2008, 06:19 AM
celine dion titanic one.
billy idol weding one.
leane rimes i do love you one.

nabelt24
02-27-2008, 04:56 PM
In the 80's Elvis would probably sound like Phil Collins or Duran Duran.
In the 90's Elvis would be known as MC Elvis and rap instead of sing,
in 2008 he'd probably would have made another comeback;)

This is great!!! But, could he have made a comeback after that??? Whew...

LianaKaralivanou
02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
The minute I saw this thread, I could think of only one song that Elvis would have sung perfectly: "With or Without you" by U2. Please, just try to imagine the power of Elvis's voice singing this song...

cameron
02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
I saw this the other day. Glen Campbell at 72. He never came close to Elvis, IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E80727OUUDI
But I can see Elvis still singing ballads ...better than GC.(y)

Miss P.Ann
03-14-2008, 03:46 PM
:!:Dear fans-
If he were still with us, he would no doubt have continued singing many different types of songs since singing was just his passion. He sang even when not on tour, on stage, or in front of a croud. He even sang in the shower, it calmed his soul to just about always be singing.
If he were with us, he would have huge hand in what Lisa has been doing musically. It's been stated before, by someone in an interview, but he'd be full of all kinds of advice for her with what types of songs to sing, but yet let her be her own person at the same time. He lovd her more than anything in the world so he would probably be more into helping her with her career and getting over her initial stage fright (which she she still has or had when she was singing and doing her touring to promote her songs and albums) but her father did too every now and then, no matter how many times he'd preformed in front of so many. there was always, i was told, a moment or two of stage fright but that is very normal. It always passed quickly as is evident from his wonderful shows and concerts and tours.
His style would have always been his and that wouldn't have changed, but since he loved gospel, in his later years had he lived, I feel he would have leaned more towards those types of sings somewhat, as he was honestly searching for inner peace and answers, going back to his 'roots' from his parents mostly Gladys who taught him well and took him to church as a small child.
then again maybe he would suprise his fans by doing some thing just as modern as everyone, since times they do change, but it would have been his own, as he was able to take any song and make it his own special style, with his own take on it all.

Lisarose
03-15-2008, 02:21 AM
With or Without You would be one of my choices, but my absolute one is
Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You Elvis is always singing this to me
in my dreams :)

SeeSeeRider777
03-15-2008, 03:40 AM
I would love to hear Elvis sing:

Imagine

The Dance

Its Only Make Believe

ilovelvis
03-15-2008, 03:57 AM
I'm a big Elton John fan. He recorded a song called Border Song waaaay back in 1970. More recently he recorded it as a duet with Shawn Mullins. Hearing Shawn sing his part of the song (beautifully, I might add), reminded me of Elvis' deep voice. Would have loved to have heard Elvis put his spin on this gospel sounding song:

Holy Moses I have been removed
I have seen the spectre he has been here too
Distant cousin from down the line
Brand of people who ain't my kind
Holy Moses I have been removed

Holy Moses I have been deceived
Now the wind has changed direction and I'll have to leave
Won't you please excuse my frankness but it's not my cup of tea

I'm going back to the border
Where my affairs, my affairs ain't abused
I can't take any more bad water
I've been poisoned from my head down to my shoes

Holy Moses let us live in peace
Let us strive to find a way to make all hatred cease
There's a man over there what's his colour I don't care
He's my brother let us live in peace

Lisarose
03-15-2008, 03:58 AM

Imagine

The Dance

Its Only Make Believe

Who sings 'The Dance"? My mind just drew a blank!:blink:

SeeSeeRider777
03-15-2008, 03:59 AM
Who sings 'The Dance"? My mind just drew a blank!:blink:

Garth Brooks

ehollier
03-15-2008, 04:03 AM
I think he would still be singing stuff from his childhood and growing up. So much of his stuff throughout his whole career came from artists that we never heard of, people that were never heard of until he came along and put his unique mark on it!! :D:D:D

hot for elvis 69
03-15-2008, 04:15 AM
I THINK ELVIS STILL WOULD STILL BE SINGING MY WAY.
THAT SONG HE WAS MADE FOR HIM.
AND STILL HAVING FUN. LOOKING GOOD.
http://i29.tinypic.com/f06z5s.gif

utmom2008
03-15-2008, 06:18 AM

The Dance

Its Only Make Believe

Both of these would have been awesome!!!!(y)(y)

SeeSeeRider777
03-15-2008, 06:42 AM
A few more:

Some Enchanted Evening

He Aint Heavy, He's my Brother

By the Time I get to Phoenix

These Eye's

Where or When

Let Me Try Again

Sleepy Hollow

Walking in The Rain

4THEHEART
03-15-2008, 12:45 PM
nothing like we could imagine,and don't think nothing like what became popular in last 30 years..I guess we'd be surprised if he was alive..it would be an Elvis thing again..I mean even with well known songs of today he'd get a different style and sound,making them his own..

utmom2008
03-15-2008, 06:38 PM
A few more:

Some Enchanted Evening

He Aint Heavy, He's my Brother

By the Time I get to Phoenix

These Eye's

Where or When

Let Me Try Again

Sleepy Hollow

Walking in The Rain

That one would be awesome!! It makes me kind of sad to think of the "what if's?" :sad:

Burning_Love
03-15-2008, 06:44 PM
I would love to hear him sing "Elvis ain't dead" by scouting for girls :lol: Just kidding !

I would love to hear him write his own songs, about his life. That would be interesting (y)

SleepyJack
03-15-2008, 08:03 PM
I know it is not the real thing but there is a version of Garth Brooks` "The Dance" on youtube sung by Elvis impersonator Doug Church.....It`s kind of interesting without being great...maybe those of you that listed the song might like to give a look.
AS for me....A while back I heard a song by Chris De Burgh called "Lonely Sky" and the first thought in my head was "God, Elvis would have done wonders with that"......Also wouldn`t mind hearing him do the U2 song "All I want is you"...anyone think that Bono was trying to give an Elvis-feel to the vocal on that?

SeeSeeRider777
03-16-2008, 12:15 AM
The one song he should have recorded was Let Me Try Again. People listen to that song and you will understand.

utmom2008
03-16-2008, 01:06 AM
This one just popped into my head, I guess because I think it's such a sexy song. How about Elvis singing Wicked Game?

gordon
03-16-2008, 02:02 AM
If Elvis was alive today he would probably be doing cabaret in Las Vegas, and not recording anymore, which would of been a shame, or he would of gone into gospel music which is his first love, but lets be honest he would be 73 years old, its not likely he would be jumping all over the stage.

SeeSeeRider777
03-16-2008, 03:38 AM
A few more I would have liked for him to have recorded:

He Stopped Loving Her Today

Mr. Blue

Crazy- I think he would have put his nice own touch on this song.

New York State of Mind

rhythmknights
03-16-2008, 04:39 AM
i wonder if Elvis would have sung a song like Thunder Rolls? - he could really put some power behind that!
Sunday Morning, She's got Legs, Sex Bomb and yes, i'd love to hear THe Dance or
The Chair anything romantic!!!

utmom2008
03-16-2008, 04:52 AM
If Elvis was alive today lets be honest he would be 73 years old, its not likely he would be jumping all over the stage.

Perhaps he could have ended up on Dancing With The Stars like Wayne Newton did.(n) He and Cilla could be on at the same time.....;):blink:

I'LLRememberYou
03-16-2008, 05:35 AM
Every time I hear these 3 songs ,which I love, I can just imagine Elvis singing them !:D

"Detroit City"- by Tom Jones.

"It's Just A Matter Of Time" - by Brook Benton ( not to be confused with " It's a matter of time" that Elvis sang).

"Give Me One Reason" - by Tracy Chapman.

And just for fun.....Elvis and Ann-Margret singing " Baby it's cold outside"...Can you imagine the chemistry going on there !!!! :blush::P:blush:

SeeSeeRider777
04-25-2008, 03:05 AM
A few more I would like to have heard.

- The Long and Winding Road

- Watching the Wheels

Elvistcbkirch
04-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Foreigner: I Wanna Know What Love Is. Would have been a bit corny, but after all, its a brilliant song, and I believe he would have adapted it to his own style. Despite the 80's...

hounddog
04-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Angels, Crying, I Heard it through the Grapevine, Hallelujah, Watching the Wheels, ther are so many songs

SleepyJack
04-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Just to give a slightly different slant on this...if nobody minds...If Elvis were alive and decided to do a full album of songs by one artist or group what do you think would have worked well?
There are several Bob Dylan tracks I`d love to hear him try...so I`ll make that my choice!

Lisarose
05-02-2008, 02:41 AM
I wonder if he would have done any more rock 'n roll songs? He did them very well, but even in his early years he admitted to loving ballads and gospel songs best. I wonder if he would like the new gospel songs of today like Awesome God and Earthen Vessels?

And I would love to hear him and Ann-Margret sing Baby It's Cold Outside! That would be awesome!

goodelvisgirl
05-02-2008, 02:54 AM
well i think the song by garth brooks wich i just heard called to make you feel my love would have been good and alot of jimmy ellis tracks like rocky,where can my baby be,teen angel.i use her to remind me of you and a song called mary jane doe very simple sad song i think elvis could pull them off

Unchained Melody
05-02-2008, 05:09 AM
Looking For Love from the movie "Urban Cowboy" would have been a great hit had Elvis gotten the chance to record it.

Also would put Drift Away on the list aswell !

Tony Trout
05-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Also would put Drift Away on the list as well !

Being that this song was released while Elvis was still alive, I'm surprised that he didn't perform it (or at least a snipped of it)! Maybe (God forbid!) James couldn't quite nail the guitar intro?? *hee hee*

I hate playing the "what if?" game....it does make me sad.....

ehollier
06-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I just happened on the perfect, the ideal "message" song for Elvis had he lived in the new millennuium --

Alan Jackson's passionate "Where Were You," his beautiful song about September 11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9PwWkV4HQ4

wildflower
06-05-2008, 08:13 PM
With or Without You would be one of my choices, but my absolute one is
Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You Elvis is always singing this to me
in my dreams :)

I saw a Dolly Parton interview a while ago and she said that Elvis actually wanted to sing I Will Always Love You- but the Colonel insisted that if Elvis was doing the song Dolly should sell her rights on that song to Elvis. Obviously, Dolly didn't want to (who can blame her). So, Elvis never got a chance to perform or record this song- which is such a shame. It would have been fantastic and maybe safed us from that awful Whitney Housten version!

SheriLyn
06-05-2008, 08:49 PM
I often wondered if he & Jerry Lee would have toured together in their elder years. I definitley see him doing some Christmas albums and tv specials. "With or Without You" would be a great one to hear him sing. I am from Detroit and wouldn't mind hearing him do some more Motown.

Elvos77
06-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Perhaps he could have ended up on Dancing With The Stars like Wayne Newton did.(n) He and Cilla could be on at the same time.....;):blink:

I don't think that Priscilla would be as much in the spotlights,if Elvis were still around! Dontcha think?:doh:

Elvistcbkirch
06-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Any song by Neil Young. Would have loved to hear him sing Heart Of Gold...

Karma816
06-06-2008, 02:30 AM
I think by the 80's Elvis would eventually have kicked the Col. to the curb and used some of his amazing talent to write his own songs. I do feel that With or Without You would have been amazing with his voice! I also think Elvis could have had great success covering Elton John, Guess thats Why They Call It The Blues, Blue Eyes, The One, etc. He could have made almost anything sound good but I think without the Col. he would have been able to work with better artists and songwriters who wouldn't be scared because they'd have to give up 99 % of their royalties!?

Karma816
06-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Also Empty Garden would have been unreal with his voice.