PDA

View Full Version : new DVD “Kathy Talks About Elvis”.

alstrada
02-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Just released, Kathy’s brand new DVD “Kathy Talks About Elvis”.

As stated before, this is Kathy’s very candid conversation with her friend Diana, and nothing is left out. This is the DVD everyone will be talking about.

Kathy made this tape for only one reason, and as she states on the DVD, that’s because

she doesn’t want to go to her grave, without clearing up all the misunderstandings.

Included in this DVD are two slide shows of Elvis and Kathy, taken by famed Elvis photographer Keith Alverson, while in the back ground, she sings,

“My Heavenly Father Watches Over Me,” the song she sang at his funeral, and a very rare clip of her singing “We’ve Never Been This Far Before” (I’ve never even hear her sing before, so you know it’s rare).

Here’s a clip taken from the new DVD I put on the website. I chose this particular clip because I love what she says about Elvis, and I guarantee, if these words from Kathy, don’t rock your Monday, nothing will.

http://www.kathywestmoreland.us/DVDs.html
www.rareelvispresley.com

Tony Trout
02-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Just released, Kathy’s brand new DVD “Kathy Talks About Elvis”.

As stated before, this is Kathy’s very candid conversation with her friend Diana, and nothing is left out. This is the DVD everyone will be talking about.

Kathy made this tape for only one reason, and as she states on the DVD, that’s because

she doesn’t want to go to her grave, without clearing up all the misunderstandings.

Included in this DVD are two slide shows of Elvis and Kathy, taken by famed Elvis photographer Keith Alverson, while in the back ground, she sings,

“My Heavenly Father Watches Over Me,” the song she sang at his funeral, and a very rare clip of her singing “We’ve Never Been This Far Before” (I’ve never even hear her sing before, so you know it’s rare).

Here’s a clip taken from the new DVD I put on the website. I chose this particular clip because I love what she says about Elvis, and I guarantee, if these words from Kathy, don’t rock your Monday, nothing will.

http://www.kathywestmoreland.us/DVDs.html
www.rareelvispresley.com (http://www.rareelvispresley.com)

Answers all question??? Not hardly. She totally avoids the "bone cancer" rumor.

MissyM
02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I think she talks to much.

Diane
02-26-2008, 06:09 PM
I liked the interview. She has some wonderful memories of Elvis and remembers him in the most positive way.

Diane

Jungleroom76
02-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Hmmm....very interesting.... :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

alstrada
02-26-2008, 06:18 PM
From Vissie (For Elvis CD Collectors Only)
Kathy's relationship with Elvis is much better in her own mind than it was in real life. And, if she was so devoted to him, why is she pricing her fee to honor him at events at over $100,000+ ?

Tony Trout
02-26-2008, 06:18 PM
I liked the interview. She has some wonderful memories of Elvis and remembers him in the most positive way.

Diane

kathy's a beautiful lady and a wonderful singer...but, like Jerry Schilling and all the rest who have their noses in EPEs business, she sugarcoats everything.

I'm sure we'll hear the same old "Oh, no! Elvis didn't have bone cancer!" or "he never took any illegal drugs!" shtick from her.

It's time that some of them took off their rose-colored glasses.....

*rant over*

Kathy's relationship with Elvis is much better in her own mind than it was in real life. And, if she was so devoted to him, why is she pricing her fee to honor him at events at over $100,000+ ?

Bingo! It's all about the almighty $$$.......

Jungleroom76
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Speaking of Kathy's new DVD...

Jennifer Hodge, Charlie's widow, has been advertising the DVD of Charlie's video "The Elvis I Knew" on eBay lately as well...

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-ELVIS-I-KNEW-DVD-CHARLIE-HODGE-ELVIS-PRESLEY_W0QQitemZ250219579916QQihZ015QQcategoryZ20 09QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

TCB!
Mike

alstrada
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh yes, I agree completely with you, TonyTrout !!

utmom2008
02-26-2008, 06:26 PM
She gets paid $100,000.00 for a personal appearance??? That takes the cake.(n)

Jungleroom76
02-26-2008, 06:28 PM
She gets paid $100,000.00 for a personal appearance??? That takes the cake.(n)

Hmmm....I wonder if The Colonel is managing her career now from the great beyond??? :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

utmom2008
02-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Hmmm....I wonder if The Colonel is managing her career now from the great beyond??? :hmm:

TCB!
Mike
:lol: It sure sounds like it. I would go and talk about him for $100.00. Maybe I need to throw my hat in the ring.(y)(y) :D:D

utmom2008
02-26-2008, 06:34 PM
I think she talks to much.
:lol: How many times are we going to hear about their sex life? :lol::lol:

MissyM
02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
If they even had one. I think she spends much to much time in on Fantacy Island.

Diane
02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
I didn't know she got paid that much for an appearance. I do know the price of her book is out of sight. No wonder she has such great memories. :)

Diane

franny
02-26-2008, 07:29 PM

Jennifer Hodge, Charlie's widow, has been advertising the DVD of Charlie's video "The Elvis I Knew" on eBay lately as well...

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-ELVIS-I-KNEW-DVD-CHARLIE-HODGE-ELVIS-PRESLEY_W0QQitemZ250219579916QQihZ015QQcategoryZ20 09QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

TCB!
Mike

Thanks, for posting the link Mike. (y)
Charlie seemed like a very nice man.

franny

franny
02-26-2008, 07:32 PM
I didn't know she got paid that much for an appearance. I do know the price of her book is out of sight. No wonder she has such great memories. :)

Diane

Diane, her book was selling for $1,000 last time, I checked...I wonder what's in it...:hmm:

franny

TotallyInsane
02-26-2008, 08:04 PM
OK - who said she gets $100,000 to talk about Elvis? I find that one hard to believe!!! Just because she might ask for it doesn't mean she gets it - maybe that's why we don't see her at any events anymore? Or, wait, is it because she had sex with Elvis too????

Tony Trout
02-26-2008, 08:06 PM
If they even had one. I think she spends much to much time in on Fantacy Island.

I think the only sex life they had was when she lost her virginity to him.....

:lol::lol:

ksimms2
02-26-2008, 08:25 PM
I bought this on ebay from someone in the UK and it doesn't play on my VCR which sucks! they did refund my money though, which was nice of them to do. I wish I could get the video to play.

TCB!
Mike

Tony Trout
02-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I bought this on ebay from someone in the UK and it doesn't play on my VCR which sucks! they did refund my money though, which was nice of them to do. I wish I could get the video to play.

Some American made VCRs or DVD players won't play the PAL format VHS or DVDs. Luckily, my DVD player will.

Diane
02-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow Franny...the last time I noticed a price on Kathy's book it was around $150.00 and I though that was a bit much! What could she possibly have to say to warrant that much money.....ridiculous!

Diane

cameron
02-26-2008, 09:18 PM
No book is worth all the money some charge...unless it was written by Elvis himself. :P

utmom2008
02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Wow Franny...the last time I noticed a price on Kathy's book it was around $150.00 and I though that was a bit much! What could she possibly have to say to warrant that much money.....ridiculous!

Diane
What is the deal with her book??? What on earth makes it so expensive??? (n)

The King's Queen
02-27-2008, 02:51 AM

franny

Your perception is correct, IMO, Franny. Charlie was a great guy. He had a lot of respect for Elvis. They had a special friendship. (y)

Jungleroom76
02-27-2008, 03:25 AM

franny

My pleasure franny!! (y)

I couldn't agree with you more...Charlie did indeed seem like a very nice man and I think he genuinely loved Elvis!! :king:

TCB!
Mike

Presleyfanforever
02-27-2008, 07:22 AM
i think she nice voice. pretty. but i now like she say to many stuff.

Presleyfanforever
02-27-2008, 07:23 AM
No book is worth all the money some charge...unless it was written by Elvis himself. :P

you are write.(y)

Brian
01-06-2009, 05:59 AM
:lol: It sure sounds like it. I would go and talk about him for $100.00. Maybe I need to throw my hat in the ring.(y)(y) :D:D

oh it's only a $100.00

when I first read this thread I thought it said that Kathy was asking $100,000 an appearance

memphis69
01-06-2009, 06:49 AM
IS THERE ANYONE LEFT WHO KNEW ELVIS WHO HAS NOT WRITTEN A BOOK ABOUT HIM?

dstrattenfan
01-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Kathy likes to tale tales out of school if u know what I mean:lmfao:

Getlo
01-06-2009, 01:34 PM
OK - who said she gets $100,000 to talk about Elvis? I find that one hard to believe!!!

Agreed. That amount is ludicrous ... and given with no source.

Getlo
01-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Some American made VCRs or DVD players won't play the PAL format VHS or DVDs. Luckily, my DVD player will.

All DVDs made in the last 3-4 years are region-free, although the packaging and instructions still refer to the usual regions.

presley31
01-06-2009, 04:02 PM
All DVDs made in the last 3-4 years are region-free, although the packaging and instructions still refer to the usual regions.

Not so sure about that one. My family in scotland sent me dvds and they won't play in my dvd player and the dvd was from last year.

epmoodyblue
01-07-2009, 04:22 AM
:hmm: i think its time Kathy shuts the heck up

Jumpsuit Junkie
01-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Kathy lives in la la land, she sugar coats everything she says about Elvis beyond belief. The comment that Elvis woke up every morning thinking how could he help someone today. What is she on?

Teddy
01-07-2009, 05:40 PM
What is she on?

The answer is 'A percentage on each unit of her book sold'.
That's the biggest challenge to the sincerity of any of these Elvis associates.

Say kind things about Elvis and his fans will like you, therefore they're more likely to purchase what you're peddling.
Joe Esposito has it down to a fine art. He even has the nerve to challenge what the others do to make money.

Tony Trout
01-07-2009, 05:57 PM
IS THERE ANYONE LEFT WHO KNEW ELVIS WHO HAS NOT WRITTEN A BOOK ABOUT HIM?

Al Strada and Ginger Alden are two that come to mind.

Jumpsuit Junkie
01-07-2009, 06:28 PM
The answer is 'A percentage on each unit of her book sold'.
That's the biggest challenge to the sincerity of any of these Elvis associates.

Say kind things about Elvis and his fans will like you, therefore they're more likely to purchase what you're peddling.
Joe Esposito has it down to a fine art. He even has the nerve to challenge what the others do to make money.

At least it took a lot longer for Diamond Joe to succumb to the feast of Elvis Presley than all the other crumb bums :rolleyes:

As for Ginger, can she write?

Teddy
01-07-2009, 06:37 PM
At least it took a lot longer for Diamond Joe to succumb to the feast of Elvis Presley than all the other crumb bums :rolleyes:

:lol: Joe just knew that the value of his stocks would rise the longer he sat on them, that's all (y)

shelley.m.
01-08-2009, 06:12 AM
How did this "bone cancer" rumor start? Why on earth would someone even say such a thing?

Tony Trout
01-08-2009, 08:57 PM
How did this "bone cancer" rumor start? Why on earth would someone even say such a thing?

Kathy claims that Elvis told her he had cancer (or a cancer-like condition) as early as 1970. Now, in my opinion, had Elvis had a cancer-like condition as early as 1970, I don't believe that medical technology had advanced enough to save his life and I believe he would've been dead long before August 16, 1977.

After Elvis's passing on that fateful day in August of 1977, Vernon Presley told Charlie Hodge and Dick Grob and Larry Geller that Elvis had cancer - but only to see if it would leak to the press and it was also reportedly done to see if they could find out what actually killed Elvis.

Also, if Elvis had been diagnosed with cancer it most likely would've shown up at the autopsy, IMO.

Wendy56
01-09-2009, 03:34 AM
What, is there any serie of DVD of "everybody talks about Elvis"?... sounds like a money maker to me. :hmm: (n)

Tony Trout
01-09-2009, 03:41 AM
What, is there any serie of DVD of "everybody talks about Elvis"?... sounds like a money maker to me. :hmm: (n)

That's exactly what it is, IMO.

Wendy56
01-10-2009, 07:30 AM
IMO? :-S What's that? :blush:

Tony Trout
01-10-2009, 07:46 AM
"IMO" is an abbreviation or internet lingo for "In My Opinion".

Wendy56
01-10-2009, 07:52 AM
I understand it now Tony. :blush: :D

shelley.m.
01-10-2009, 01:13 PM
It all comes down to one thing and one thing only.M-O-N-E-Y!!! Anyone can write a book or make a dvd on the life and times of Elvis Presley.It`s sad,it really is.Let the guy rest in peace already.

shelley.m.
01-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Kathy claims that Elvis told her he had cancer (or a cancer-like condition) as early as 1970. Now, in my opinion, had Elvis had a cancer-like condition as early as 1970, I don't believe that medical technology had advanced enough to save his life and I believe he would've been dead long before August 16, 1977.

After Elvis's passing on that fateful day in August of 1977, Vernon Presley told Charlie Hodge and Dick Grob and Larry Geller that Elvis had cancer - but only to see if it would leak to the press and it was also reportedly done to see if they could find out what actually killed Elvis.

Also, if Elvis had been diagnosed with cancer it most likely would've shown up at the autopsy, IMO.

Thanks for the answer Tony.I had heard about this so-called `cancer`rumor before and that Charlie Hodge knew that Elvis was dying of it.

memphis69
01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
LET'S SHOW THIS MAN SOME RESPECT! HE DESERVES IT!! REST IN PEACE ELVIS!!