PDA

View Full Version : "Marie"

Unchained Melody
02-13-2008, 02:46 AM
Little interesting fact most of you probably know that I learned today..Elvis and Priscilla named Lisa Marie Presley "Marie" after Colonel Parker's wife Marie...thought that was very interesting..figured he would have maybe chosen his mother's name or something..instead chose the Colonel's wife :hmm:

presley31
02-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Little interesting fact most of you probably know that I learned today..Elvis and Priscilla named Lisa Marie Presley "Marie" after Colonel Parker's wife Marie...thought that was very interesting..figured he would have maybe chosen his mother's name or something..instead chose the Colonel's wife :hmm:

Anita wood said that elvis and her picked marie so l'am wondering what story is true??

Lisarose
02-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Don't know whether either is fact or another urban legend. I've heard both and also, that Elvis & Priscilla just like the names together.

Jungleroom76
02-14-2008, 02:16 AM
I've heard the story about using the name Marie because it was The Colonel's wife's name several times, so if I was a bettin' man, I would say that is the true story! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

hounddog
02-14-2008, 03:11 AM
like you jungleroom76 it's the story i've heard the most about "Marie" as Lisa's middle name

SweetCaroline
02-14-2008, 05:04 AM
Seems like one of those questions Priscilla could easily clear up. My bet is the parents just liked the name... and it just happened to be a name that Anita Wood and Elvis had also liked...and it just happened to be the Colonel's wife's name...and it just happened to go with Lisa well. :D...and it just happened to be the name in one of Elvis' hits. :D

Unchained Melody
02-14-2008, 05:12 AM
I've heard the story about using the name Marie because it was The Colonel's wife's name several times, so if I was a bettin' man, I would say that is the true story! :hmm:

TCB!
Mike

That's the story I believe. Had never heard him and Anita Wood liked the name as well, interesting.

Read this story in the book Elvis His Life A-Z btw;).

utmom2008
02-14-2008, 05:22 AM

TCB!
Mike
That's the same story that TV Land used last summer on their Elvis promos.

Unchained Melody
02-14-2008, 05:25 AM
That's the same story that TV Land used last summer on their Elvis promos.

Didn't see that unfortunatley. But like Mike if I was bettin' on it, i'd say that is the correct story.

Nicole Presley
02-14-2008, 07:42 AM
I think that Elvis and Priscilla just called her Marie because they like that name. I donīt think that any of those stories are true.

presley31
02-14-2008, 02:17 PM
A : Alisa Marie. Guess what my middle name is? Anita Marie. I mean that was just always that was the name Alisa Marie. And if it was a boy it was going to be Elvis Aron Presley Junior. Anyway, I though that was a little coincidence there

from the interview with anita wood.

Burning_Love
02-14-2008, 06:14 PM
I have, too heard that story. Like you said, why not 'Gladys' ? As a middle name.
My middle name is Marie, named after Lisa...:D