PDA

View Full Version : Escape to Elvis.

Burning_Love
02-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi Elvis fans. Thought i'd share this with you.

I was on my college bus on Monday, none of my friends were on it so i sat on my own.
There were some girls at the front giving me 'evils' listening to their 'Rap' music out loud.
There were some boys and girls on the back seat, and talking about things i would rather not listen to. And i just wanted to escape.
So i put on my mp3 and listened to some Elvis. He helps me escape times i want to. I escaped to the Elvis era, and loved it.

Soo wanted to say,
Thanks E :wub:

Hope he helps you too :hug::D

KPM
02-08-2008, 10:22 PM
For me also-Elvis can help me drown out the world of today.
Escape to a simpler time.(y)

AHM1977
02-08-2008, 10:25 PM
I guess there's a lot of fans that do "The Elvis Escape" in a way or another. It's a delightful way to relax, and enjoy the world outside the "real" life...:blush:

PaulV.
02-08-2008, 11:22 PM
I agree, going back in those days makes me relax and get out of the "too rapid" world we now live in:)

Miss Clawdy
02-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Elvis always helps (y). But escaping to his era sometimes also provokes
a nostalgia which, alas, cannot be satisfied :'(, .....if that makes sense :D

AHM1977
02-08-2008, 11:32 PM

NOPE, it dosen't make any sense, but TTWII when you're a fan:notworthy

Norway
02-09-2008, 12:08 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I`ve had it that way since my teens , and listening to Elvis , what a delightful way to escape.

utmom2008
02-09-2008, 12:18 AM
For me also-Elvis can help me drown out the world of today.
Escape to a simpler time.(y)
Yes...I agree. I was that was as a 9 year old also. I couldn't take all the "bubble-gum rock"(anybody remember The Archies? Sugar Sugar?) Even at that age I would get lost in his music.

goodelvisgirl
02-09-2008, 01:31 AM
yep elvis and just good music in general helpd me relax and step out of the world for a while and get lost in the music

Diane
02-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Same here, Elvis always takes me back to when I was growing up and the world was still innocent and much simpler.

I pity the kids today that miss out on the dating and courting we used to have.

Diane

Jungleroom76
02-09-2008, 02:34 AM
After working a long day, there is nothing I like better than coming home and flipping on a little Elvis music! It certainly helps me unwind after a busy day!! (y)

TCB!
Mike

Miss Clawdy
02-09-2008, 02:26 PM
NOPE, it dosen't make any sense, but TTWII when you're a fan:notworthy

You may be right.... :lol::lol::lol:

ForeverTheKing
02-09-2008, 02:39 PM
I feel the same...Elvis always takes me in another world...a magic world (y)

TotallyInsane
02-09-2008, 03:16 PM
I come out of my Elvis world a few hours a day to go to work!!!!! I like it there much better than the real world!!

Burning_Love
02-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Glad you all agree :D :clap: some great responses :D

LianaKaralivanou
02-09-2008, 06:06 PM
What a perfect way to escape...Listening to Elvis. I guess, we all do that now and then.
When I'm happy, I listen to Elvis. When I'm sad, I listen to Elvis. When I'm tired, I relax listening to Elvis. He is always there when I need him. So, I totally understand you, Burning Love...

Unchained Melody
02-09-2008, 07:34 PM
There are times, when I sit down to liten to a soundboard, recording sessions, private recording etc, it will take me to a different time, a different place. And I love that feeling when I get it, and there's nothing in the world like it.

MIElvis
02-12-2008, 03:21 PM
such "real" music compared to the electronic c"rap" of today.

goodelvisgirl
02-12-2008, 04:29 PM
yep the music of today is all rap crap and thump thump nonsense elvis and the good oldiies are like a new world very good to take time out and enjoy the music

john carpenter
02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Elvis' songs have always helped me excape to a calmer place in my life. I suffer from depression and Elvis always makes my day better and brighter.

Unchained Melody
02-13-2008, 03:57 AM
I can relate very well to you then John Carpenter!!!(y)(y)

Nicole Presley
02-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I had a mp3 player, too. But itīs broke now. :)
But it helps me just to imagine that Elvis would be with me. Or sometimes I imagine how he sings a song.

Unchained Melody
02-14-2008, 06:26 AM
My favorite thing to do when something bothers me is to go to my bedroom, which is my Elvis room wall to wall and just watch an Elvis movie or listen to a favorite cd..takes me to another place that I dearly love.(y)

Burning_Love
02-14-2008, 07:18 PM
We all agree :D

There is just something about his music, that makes me relax and forget.

Tiger Girl
02-16-2008, 05:17 PM
I agree, its really nice to escape with some Elvis music when you're having a bad day or just want to relax, theres always an Elvis song for the mood I'm in. I also love to listen to him when I'm working out at the gym :)

The King's Queen
02-18-2008, 03:43 PM

I, for one, can completely understand what you mean by this statement. For me, at times, the nostalgia that you speak of is almost unbearably melancholy...a kind of bittersweet. At other times, it is a welcome and refreshing change to this fast paced and hectic world...makes you realize that you are still human I guess. But it will never again be satisfied, will it??? Great thoughts....:clap:

Lisarose
02-19-2008, 04:56 AM
My favorite thing to do when something bothers me is to go to my bedroom, which is my Elvis room wall to wall and just watch an Elvis movie or listen to a favorite cd..takes me to another place that I dearly love.(y)

Me, too. There are some days or some situations, where I'm just thinking to myself, 'I need some Elvis music'! I have my cd player by my bed, & there's always an Elvis cd in my car!

renapap05
12-01-2008, 05:38 PM
I feel the same...Elvis always takes me in another world...a magic world (y)

(y)(y)(y)Ofcourse he does...I believe that most Elvis fans think that Elvis help them with one way or another :'(:'( :D

KPM
12-01-2008, 10:34 PM
There are days where the world seems so "on the road to ruin" that I just want to lock it out. Lock it out and throw away the key! On those days I want to relax and forget the turmoil-Elvis and his music comes in handy.

Merry
12-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I used to escape into Elvis' music, and his movies. I remember being so little, and noticing on the television programme, when one of his movies was on, and being so excited, waiting for it to start. Watching Elvis' movie, escaping into his happiness, his fellowship, the fun. Singing songs when I was so little, depending on what I was doing: "Return to Sender" to collect the mail, lol. I loved the time, where people cared, they spoke nicely to each other. To have Elvis there, made it so special.

I've started collecting movies again, with help, and I still feel the same. I have Elvis' CD's in my car, the soundboards, that were generously shared with me from a wonderful member, here. I love them. We'll switch to the radio, then switch back, you can't compare.

Princesspixie
12-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I listen to Elvis everyday ... I've been looking after my mother for 10 years now she is terminally ill ...and I can honestly say I don't know if i'd be here if It wasn't for Elvis , ... learning about his life he has taught me so much about the world and how to cope. how to get on with life and love my family ...I truely owe him alot ..and i am truelly greatful to him and of course ......all his beautiful fans.

Merry
12-01-2008, 11:20 PM
I listen to Elvis everyday ... I've been looking after my mother for 10 years now she is terminally ill ...and I can honestly say I don't know if i'd be here if It wasn't for Elvis , ... learning about his life he has taught me so much about the world and how to cope. how to get on with life and love my family ...I truely owe him alot ..and i am truelly greatful to him and of course ......all his beautiful fans.

Dearest Princesspixie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I hope that Elvis is looking down, reading what you wrote, as it is absolutely beautiful.

Elvis has brought a lot of people together. He is very special.

((((Princesspixie)))) please let me know if there is anything I can do for you?

:hug:
Kimmi

GIORGIA
12-20-2008, 07:04 PM
For me Elvis is a Magic World!A Magic World when I'm escape from all!And in this Magic World of Elvis I'm feel Save,Happy!Elvis help me when I'm fell bad!And I'm thank's Elvis for ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE YOU ELVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm never can't stop of THANK YOU and LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john carpenter
12-20-2008, 07:07 PM
=
I agree, going back in those days makes me relax and get out of the "too rapid" world we now live in:)I feel the same. It takes me back to a different time before this world was so complicated. Besides i can,t understand a word they say in (C)rap!:lmfao:

GIORGIA
12-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm FELL SAVE AND HAPPY WITH ELVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Lisarose
12-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Elvis would say that he loved gospel music, that it put his mind at peace, well Elvis' music puts me at peace. It's a good thing for me that Elvis sang different types of music so well, I have different music stylings for different moods. At any rate, I always come back to his R&B!

TotallyInsane
12-21-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm escaping right now....I'll be back after Christmas~~~~~~~~