PDA

View Full Version : An Afternoon In Dayton

NightRider
09-09-2004, 11:39 PM
This is now available at NightRider Designs for download.....hope you enjoy them (y)

spinout-designs
09-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Fantastic design, Chris - by far my favourite of all your covers to date.

Great colour scheme, great photo choice, great Elvis'logo' on the front - overall pretty great then ;)

Just a few little comments, it would seem the text on the insert that goes behind the clear CD tray would be larger than the size of the part of the tray it will show through when the jewel case is closed, ditto the text on the side 'wings' of the back cover might benefit from a reduction in size.

Not a big fan of too much outer glow as a rule, but on this cover it kinda works quite nice, although I'm not sure it needs it personally.

Other than that this one is a real beauty (y)

NightRider
09-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Fantastic design, Chris - by far my favourite of all your covers to date.

Great colour scheme, great photo choice, great Elvis'logo' on the front - overall pretty great then ;)

Just a few little comments, it would seem the text on the insert that goes behind the clear CD tray would be larger than the size of the part of the tray it will show through when the jewel case is closed, ditto the text on the side 'wings' of the back cover might benefit from a reduction in size.

Not a big fan of too much outer glow as a rule, but on this cover it kinda works quite nice, although I'm not sure it needs it personally.

Other than that this one is a real beauty (y)

Thanks Mark,

I appreciate your thoughts...i will check out the sizes on the tray insert...cheers (y)

I know you don't like the outer glow effect...but as you say it works ok....and i do tend to do that sort of effect a fair bit :P

Glad you like it...and thanks again for your thoughts (y)

spinout-designs
09-10-2004, 12:26 AM
I know you don't like the outer glow effect...but as you say it works ok....and i do tend to do that sort of effect a fair bit :P

Yes it has become something of a NightRider trademark as was mentioned in another post ;)

Also should add the 'Fort Baxter presents' logo was a nice original touch.

U.S. Male
09-10-2004, 03:39 AM
This set truly defines what the word Art means.

Magnificant colors, outstanding fonts, and the pictures really blend in well with the overall scheme.

I agree with Mark, probably your best to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y)

Albert
09-10-2004, 08:51 AM
When designing for internetdisplay purposes, you could work in 96dpi. Designing for printing, a minimum of 180dpi is required. Designing for glossy magazines or high quality paper requires a 300dpi (and sometimes even up) design.

So in the future please stay to the minimum of 180dpi :)

The design however is very tastefull. Great job (as usual) (y)

NightRider
09-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Yes it has become something of a NightRider trademark as was mentioned in another post ;)

Also should add the 'Fort Baxter presents' logo was a nice original touch.

Thanks Mark (y)

NightRider
09-10-2004, 12:59 PM
This set truly defines what the word Art means.

Magnificant colors, outstanding fonts, and the pictures really blend in well with the overall scheme.

I agree with Mark, probably your best to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y)

Thanks Big Boss...yes i kinda like it the best too....so far ;) :D

NightRider
09-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Yes it turned out a excellent alt.cover with very attractive colours and pictures all over, a 9,5 for sure. (y) The only thing i don?t really understand why you made it available in 150 dpi, you know i was working on the same cover / pictures and the pictures where good enough for a 300 dpi cover. But maybe you did make it 300 dpi and trimmed it down to 150 dpi for the online version?

When designing for internetdisplay purposes, you could work in 96dpi. Designing for printing, a minimum of 180dpi is required. Designing for glossy magazines or high quality paper requires a 300dpi (and sometimes even up) design.

Thanks Guys,
The only reason i reduce it to 150dpi is webspace :) They are designed at 300dpi...but thats a fair sized file for sure. So i reduce them for that reason alone.
I suppose i could have less on the site, but better quality ? What do you think ? Its good to have a fair few covers on the site though...so its catch 22 i guess. :P

Thanks for your comments though...they are appreciated (y)

buttonhead
09-10-2004, 06:05 PM
NR this is just purrfect :) (y) i dont know anything about how big the size would be ...i am computer dummie, i am glad that you have the screensaver for this too which i would use for my computer.. (y) :worthy: :worthy:

NightRider
09-10-2004, 10:56 PM
NR this is just purrfect :) (y) i dont know anything about how big the size would be ...i am computer dummie, i am glad that you have the screensaver for this too which i would use for my computer.. (y) :worthy: :worthy:

Thanks Dessy,

Glad you like it...and look out for volume two on the wallpapers very soon (y)

buttonhead
09-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks Dessy,

Glad you like it...and look out for volume two on the wallpapers very soon (y)

i bet it'll look as gorgeous as the first one...can hardly wait (y)

Elvis42
09-12-2004, 08:39 AM
Chris,
Wow!! I really like that cover. It turned out really nice. Everything works perfectly. It is one of the better covers I have seen you turn out in the short time I have been on this MB, and that's hard to say because you turn out alot of awesome covers. I guess I can see why you liked my front cover for Tiger Man In Tahoe, because of the name going down the side LMAO j/k :D
Anyway really great job another NightRider classic

J.C.

Gerrit
09-12-2004, 09:35 AM
I really like it! I just love how you used those different shades of blue. (y)

NightRider
09-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks J.C and Gerrit (y)