PDA

View Full Version : TTWII - Elvis walking through the audiance

Debra
01-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Does anybody know how many times did Elvis went into the audiance while shooting for TTWII - once or twice?

Because on TTWII SE one of the members of his band said that that happened only once, never before or since. BUT I saw too differents videos of him walking through the audiance (one on TTWII Original Version and one on TTWII SE) but he wasn't wearing the same jumpsuit in the both of the videos.

That's what confused me and now don't know what is true, so will be really thankful to hear what you think is true.

Thanks in advance for your answers. :king:

elvisia
01-30-2008, 08:04 PM
HI Debra, he did it at least twice.....in the original TTWII movie, he went down same way he came back on the new version....and came back the same way that he went down in the new version.......laughing and saying to the band ..."You didn`t think I`d make it, did you....I didn`t either" hope my way of saying it makes sence to you....

This clip is from the original TTWII.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w10aDXSqGrE

Debra
01-31-2008, 05:54 PM
HI Debra, he did it at least twice.....in the original TTWII movie, he went down same way he came back on the new version....and came back the same way that he went down in the new version.......laughing and saying to the band ..."You didn`t think I`d make it, did you....I didn`t either" hope my way of saying it makes sence to you....

This clip is from the original TTWII.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w10aDXSqGrE

Thank you Elvisia Very Much

Efan4ever
01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
He only did it once to prove that he could. The Col. got upset with him when he did it. And so did the members of his group. But he did it and i think that it was very cool of him to do it. It just showed that he was not afraid of his fans. He knew that they would not hurt him. :)

TCBnAflash
01-31-2008, 07:31 PM
I've always wondered about that too, I believe it is two different shows with with same jumpsuit.

He might have meant that, he just did it for the movie,TTWII. Another thing that comes to mind is a quote I read from Paul McCartney in is autobiography, he said, "It's crazy cause fans remember more details about your like than you do." So that band member just might remember as a one time thing but it happened twice.

john carpenter
01-31-2008, 08:02 PM
IF i remember correctly Elvis went down in the audience with Joe Esposito, and the audience got close to him and started shaking his hand and the women were hugging him. He was getting a little worried at the end. Then he hurried back on stage and said "you didn't think i'd make it, i didn,t either. That's the only time i've ever seen him do that. Of course i haven't seen the other version on the extended TTWII.

Debra
01-31-2008, 08:11 PM
I believe that it happened twice. Just looking these clips, I think it was two different shows.

YouTube - Elvis Presley 1970 Las Vegas tour Love Me Tender (HQ)

and

YouTube - Elvis mingles with audience, + backstage aftershow party

utmom2008
01-31-2008, 11:25 PM
Of course i haven't seen the other version on the extended TTWII.

After you see both versions you definetly think they are 2 seperate occasions.:king::notworthy

Unchained Melody
02-01-2008, 04:04 AM
I've wondered this also.

Don't surprise me Colonel got upset though...a bit risky for Elvis to do with such excited fans :P:lol::lol:

elvisia
02-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Some one on FECC posted the content of an TTWII outtake DVD set and heres what it says about the matter.

Live 11/8/70 D.S. (Concha Suit)

Walking Around In Crowd (No Sound)
Walking Around In Crowd (No Sound)

Live 12/8-70 M.S White chainsuit with fringed belt.

Polk Salad Annie, walks in the audience ca. 12 min.

Walks in the audience ca. 6 min.

Getlo
02-02-2008, 04:50 AM
He only did it once to prove that he could.

Incorrect.

He did it at least twice ...

Johnny
02-02-2008, 11:36 AM
There's one cd that I have, where the band keeps playing for quite some time in What'd I Say - which I only assume that he went off the stage there too, and presumably into the audience ...I think it was "Elvis At The International" but I'll check it when I have the chance.

...yepp, it's on the "Elvis At The International" and that cd is from the midnight show on August 23, 1969

goodelvisgirl
02-02-2008, 01:10 PM
yep he did it twice cos i have the original ttwii and the new dvd version and he goes into the audience from a different side and the fans don't mob him so much on the new version of ttwii its so complicated to know who did what when

cibetty
02-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I also think he did it twice. There are two different scenes in the two movies, that's for sure (in the 1970 and in the 2001 release). Or maybe he did it more than twice, just the others were not filmed. But it can be seen in the original movie that he was really worried when he got back on the stage.

WHITETIGERMAN
02-07-2009, 02:16 AM
I just looked over both DVD's........Elvis was wearing the Chain suit in the original TTWII when walking through the audience.......and on the Special Edition DVD he was wearing
the Concho suit when walking through the audience.So this makes twice that he did this.
Not sure if he did it anymore after that.But he did it TWICE.

TotallyInsane
02-07-2009, 02:19 AM
I sure am glad he did it - that's what made my mom want to go to Las Vegas!!!

memphis69
02-07-2009, 03:36 AM
HE SURE GOT THE LADIES EXCITED WHEN HE WALKED THROUGH THAT CROWD!! THEY WERE VERY LUCKY TO GET SO CLOSE TO ELVIS!!

Debra
02-07-2009, 04:17 PM
I think that both happened on the same night, but different shows, one from DS and one from MS.